Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Fruits Basket

Old January 25th, 2006, 8:02 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Fruits Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf
You guys, maybe you didn't read my earlier post, but posting spoilers is what got the first edition of this thread closed. Nothing beyond Episode 12, not even in spoiler tags.
Oh eek no, please don't post spoilers. I don't want this thread closed.

Apologies about before Inky, I didn't realise that it wasn't a spoiler .

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2006, 8:57 pm
Second Year

I just bought all four DVDs of FB and now I'm going to watch it. When I finish with first I'll tell you what I think about it. I can't wait.

Old January 25th, 2006, 9:07 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedaway
I just bought all four DVDs of FB and now I'm going to watch it. When I finish with first I'll tell you what I think about it. I can't wait.
You won't be able to watch just one episode, I'm telling you .

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 25th, 2006, 11:58 pm
Second Year

I finished with first DVD. I love it. It made me laugh and almost it made me cry. Usually I rarely cry but this time I was near. I can't wait for my father to go to sleep so I could watch second DVD.
So my favourite moment from first episode is when Kyo came crushing through roof and when he says 'Yo' and things that came after. Also when Shigure is laughing about the fact that Tohru lives in tent. I love every moment. I'm laughing even now. Oh . . . also when Kyo and Yuki came for Tohru at her grandfather house.

About that opening theme. I recognize Kyo, Yuki, Tohru, and I think that Shigure and Kagura are there too. And I think that I saw Kyo and Yuki when they were kids. Am I wrong? Please correct me if I'm wrong. And who else is there? Hm . . . I am not sure, afterall this is my first time that I'm watching FB. And I love it.

Old January 26th, 2006, 12:00 am
Banned

Must discover fruits basket! >_<

Old January 26th, 2006, 2:02 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
You guys, maybe you didn't read my earlier post, but posting spoilers is what got the first edition of this thread closed. Nothing beyond Episode 12, not even in spoiler tags.
Sorry, I read your post but thought we were allowed to post them in tags .

Quote:
Originally Posted by meethz
Really? Which anime did you see, the japanese or the dubbed one? I thought it sounded ok in the original. As for the uniform, remember the 'beauteous vision' of Momiji wearing a boy's uniform in the anime? (it was in the same episode as Haru's appearance, me thinks) Well. It's going to come true! xD
I saw the dubbed anime, so he sounded like a girl in that one.

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old January 26th, 2006, 3:18 am
Second Year

I love Fruits basket. I'm in love with... well, just about all the guys. Hatori is one of the best though. Yuki too.

Old January 26th, 2006, 3:30 am
First Year

Quote:
I love every moment. I'm laughing even now. Oh . . . also when Kyo and Yuki came for Tohru at her grandfather house.
I LOVED that part! What a great way to end the first book?!? And then Shigure said something about "rescuing [<-spelling?] the princess" <3 And the fact that both boys, despite their hatred for one another, went together to get Tohru! tears of joy!

I'll pick you up, Won't let you fall
I'll build your trust, And it won't hurt at all
Your only drug, Will let you down
I'm through now So take me and blow me away
Art Of Breaking
-Thousand Foot Krutch
Old January 26th, 2006, 8:41 am
First Year

Fruits basket is such a cute anime. Heh.

Spiritedaway, wasn't Shigure hilarious when he was laughing so hard about Tohru living in a tent. Even though they had already brought Tohru to their house, he still couldn't stop laughing. Funny.

Yeah, and I love the fact that no matter how much Kyo and Yuki hate each other's guts, they still work together for Tohru. Why can't I be Tohru? LOL...

Old January 26th, 2006, 4:24 pm
Sixth Year

Aww, Kisa's so cute in the anime. And the scene where Haru proved that black and white was his natural hair colour - priceless. I couldn't stop laughing. And the part where two guys are going to try and flirt with Tohru but Kyo punches the wall, then she tries to put on this serious face and he says: "It's OK to space out in front of me, you know." Saki is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. Her voice is so cool, it never changes, whether she's angry or not, and her electric powers are cool [maybe even cooler than her psychic ones...].

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old January 26th, 2006, 5:46 pm
Second Year

Quote:
darling_azn

Fruits basket is such a cute anime. Heh.

Spiritedaway, wasn't Shigure hilarious when he was laughing so hard about Tohru living in a tent. Even though they had already brought Tohru to their house, he still couldn't stop laughing. Funny.

Yeah, and I love the fact that no matter how much Kyo and Yuki hate each other's guts, they still work together for Tohru. Why can't I be Tohru? LOL...
Yea . . . I love that scene. I just laughed all the time. Also scenes with Shigure and his agent. I love the fact that Kyo and Yuki care or even love (there are various tipes of love ) Tohru in their own way.

I finished with anime this morning and I feel I want more. I just can't stop watching it. I want to know what happens next. I'm going to buy manga, I hope around saturday. I think it'll be even more interesting. Does anyone know if it'll be more anime? I would be in grave danger if they stop at fourth DVD. I would watch same episodes milion times. I already watched first DVD three times.
I hope that they'll continue with making anime.

Quote:
AmeliaPotter
Aww, Kisa's so cute in the anime. And the scene where Haru proved that black and white was his natural hair colour - priceless. I couldn't stop laughing. And the part where two guys are going to try and flirt with Tohru but Kyo punches the wall, then she tries to put on this serious face and he says: "It's OK to space out in front of me, you know." Saki is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. Her voice is so cool, it never changes, whether she's angry or not, and her electric powers are cool [maybe even cooler than her psychic ones...].
Yeah........when I think about it I love every moment. I can't pick one, there's so many. And that time when Kyo punches the wall. . . I loved that. Now I going to watch it again.

This is bad. All that I can think about is FB. Look what you all did to me. Reason why I bought anime was because I read your posts and . . . Well, thank you. I really love it. Oh and thank you Alfonzo for starting this thread.

The thing I would like to see in FB, but I doubt, Kagura beating up Yuki the same way she beats up Kyo. Well all this time I couldn't help myself but think abut Tohru, Kyo and Yuki. You know, love and thing . . . Kyo and Tohru or Yuki and Tohru? First I'm going to read manga. I can't wait for saturday to come. Also I love Hatori, acctualy I love them all even Akito. Yea...Akito, he suffered and he's just a little bit angry. I feel sorry for him.

Old January 26th, 2006, 8:31 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
I finished with anime this morning and I feel I want more. I just can't stop watching it. I want to know what happens next. I'm going to buy manga, I hope around saturday. I think it'll be even more interesting. Does anyone know if it'll be more anime? I would be in grave danger if they stop at fourth DVD. I would watch same episodes milion times. I already watched first DVD three times.
I hope that they'll continue with making anime.
It doesn't look like they'll be making another anime series, at least not for a while . The second series of the manga hasn't even been finished yet, and of course, they don't want to leave it too long before releasing another, so...
I know exactly what you mean, FB is very addictive...

Quote:
Yeah........when I think about it I love every moment. I can't pick one, there's so many. And that time when Kyo punches the wall. . . I loved that. Now I going to watch it again.
That has got to be one of my favourite moments in the anime, seriously... I feel like watching it all again too... Maybe I will once my exam is over - an FB marathon .

Quote:
This is bad. All that I can think about is FB. Look what you all did to me. Reason why I bought anime was because I read your posts and . . . Well, thank you. I really love it. Oh and thank you Alfonzo for starting this thread.
Don't look at me... blame Ritsu's mum! I thought it was a crime that there wasn't a thread about this (at the time I didn't know that there used to be a Furuba thread)

Quote:
The thing I would like to see in FB, but I doubt, Kagura beating up Yuki the same way she beats up Kyo. Well all this time I couldn't help myself but think abut Tohru, Kyo and Yuki. You know, love and thing . . . Kyo and Tohru or Yuki and Tohru? First I'm going to read manga. I can't wait for saturday to come. Also I love Hatori, acctualy I love them all even Akito. Yea...Akito, he suffered and he's just a little bit angry. I feel sorry for him.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 26th, 2006, 8:37 pm
First Year

Quote:
I'm just wondering, why can't we post spoilers. I mean it's kinda hard to discuss it if you can't go past the 12th eppy. I don't mean to sound rude either, so I'm sorry if it comes of that way. I'm really just wondering.

Old January 26th, 2006, 8:41 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxChica
I'm just wondering, why can't we post spoilers. I mean it's kinda hard to discuss it if you can't go past the 12th eppy. I don't mean to sound rude either, so I'm sorry if it comes of that way. I'm really just wondering.
Well, there are posters who enjoy Fruits Basket and want to discuss it, but who haven't read very far, or read any of the manga at all (like me - I've only seen the anime). We still want to discuss it, so we should be able to without it being spoiled for us. I think we can all respect that .

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 26th, 2006, 11:26 pm
I trusted Severus Snape

Exactly. People deserve the chance to read the story for themselves without having the surprises spoiled for them. And most people oin this forum won't have had a chance to read it beyond the English release.

Old January 26th, 2006, 11:27 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo
It doesn't look like they'll be making another anime series, at least not for a while . The second series of the manga hasn't even been finished yet, and of course, they don't want to leave it too long before releasing another, so...
I know exactly what you mean, FB is very addictive...
So where did first series of the manga finish? I mean did it finish where anime did? Can you tell me what volume was it? I just hope that when the second season is finished they'll make anime. I can wait. Tha problem is that now I have to wait at least two years for HP7 and who knows how long for second season of FB anime. I suppose everyone has Godot.

Quote:
That has got to be one of my favourite moments in the anime, seriously... I feel like watching it all again too... Maybe I will once my exam is over - an FB marathon .
. . . I watched it again today. I can't stop. Last night I watched it till 2 a.m. And I got up this morning at 8 a.m. to finish it.

Quote:
Don't look at me... blame Ritsu's mum! I thought it was a crime that there wasn't a thread about this (at the time I didn't know that there used to be a Furuba thread)
I understand, she is scary.

Old January 26th, 2006, 11:35 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
So where did first series of the manga finish? I mean did it finish where anime did? Can you tell me what volume was it? I just hope that when the second season is finished they'll make anime. I can wait. Tha problem is that now I have to wait at least two years for HP7 and who knows how long for second season of FB anime. I suppose everyone has Godot.
The manga went beyond where the anime did (as far as I know, seeing as how I haven't read it ) Yeah I know, I'll be gutted if they don't bring it out.

Quote:
. . . I watched it again today. I can't stop. Last night I watched it till 2 a.m. And I got up this morning at 8 a.m. to finish it.
(fellow)Addict .

I should be receiving a Kyo bracelet any day now *whizzes around*.

Quote:
Exactly. People deserve the chance to read the story for themselves without having the surprises spoiled for them. And most people oin this forum won't have had a chance to read it beyond the English release.
...and some haven't had a chance to read any at all

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:55 am
Second Year

Now if there was aa seprate threat for FB spoilers...

I have always loved the manga. I read it before I saw the anime. It's interesting seeing other people's opinion. SO how did everyone first get into FB? My friend got me the first volume for Christmas a few years ago.

Old January 27th, 2006, 1:04 am
First Year

A fruit basket is the only way to mail fruit.. And not appear insane.

Old January 27th, 2006, 2:11 am
I trusted Severus Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black's Flight
SO how did everyone first get into FB? My friend got me the first volume for Christmas a few years ago.
I buy the videos for a small-town library. I knew anime was popular, so I ordered Princess Mononoke, since that was listed as the best-selling one. Loved it. Then I ordered Ninja Scrolls, another top seller, which was a disaster, (too rated-R for our community) and I decided not to buy any more anime unless I could screen it first.

I went looking to see what anime I could find already in our library system, and Furuba just happened to be the first I tried out. I've seen lots of anime since, looking for another Fruits Basket, but never found anything to compare.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime