Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Fruits Basket

Old January 27th, 2006, 5:42 am
First Year

Re: Fruits Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black's Flight
SO how did everyone first get into FB? My friend got me the first volume for Christmas a few years ago.
My *wonderful* friends got me the first volume for my birthday last year. They have been trying to get me into manga for almost a year now... so finally, I gave in, and read FB, and WOW! I'm on vol. 5 right now and it is soooo good! I mean, it's so touching, and funny, and just cute! I can't believe how many levels it gets me on... All I can say is i REALLY REALLY REALLY like Furuba!!!

Oh, and as I read, my preference for certain characters change. For example, at first, I thought that Momiji just seemed annoying. I didn't like him. But after reading about his history (I would have cried, but I was at school and would have received many funny looks), I have fallen in love with him. Also, I like Hatori more, as well. They're so sweet! Oh, and Kisa! <3 She reminds me of my little cousin... So precious.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to find a manga that I like more than this?

I'll pick you up, Won't let you fall
I'll build your trust, And it won't hurt at all
Your only drug, Will let you down
I'm through now So take me and blow me away
Art Of Breaking
-Thousand Foot Krutch
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 7:37 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
SO how did everyone first get into FB? My friend got me the first volume for Christmas a few years ago.
You can blame PPMKatie for that. She kept telling me that I would love Fruits, so one day while I was out, I found them at a shop I happened to have a voucher for. I bought volumes 1-4 for a plane trip 2 days later, but they didn't last that long . Then, after seeing everyone post about the anime, I found it at a video shop and decided to buy it. So, thanks Katie, for introducing me to the world of Fruits Basket .

Oh, and about not talking about anything past 12, are we talking manga or anime episodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albustomove
A fruit basket is the only way to mail fruit.. And not appear insane.
I think you missed the point of this thread...

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."
Old January 27th, 2006, 9:24 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaPotter
Oh, and about not talking about anything past 12, are we talking manga or anime episodes?
Oh, good point. I hadn't thought of that. Any thoughts, Inky?

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 27th, 2006, 2:13 pm
Third Year

OMG!!
I never new there'e this thread!! I love FB!!! I watched the anime, btw

Momiji is so cute...Shigure and Ayame are so funny...Haru is cool...Hatori is very cool, calm and mysterious...but my favorite is Kyo!!

I don't really get the ending though

Old January 27th, 2006, 3:37 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cady_seekool
but my favorite is Kyo!!

I don't really get the ending though
Another Kyo fan .
That's because it's not entirely finished .

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old January 27th, 2006, 4:32 pm
First Year

How did I get into Fruits Basket? Well, my annoying bestfriend [Heh.] sells anime series CDs. One day, she said she finally got the Fruits Basket CDs and was annoying me a lot to buy the CDs because if I do, she'll give me a huge discount *rollseyes*. She also promised that I'd love it. Well, she was waaay past my annoying meter so I bought it.
I watched it that weekend and I loved it!!! Well... you know the rest. *wink*

[Yuki and Hatori!!! They're hott. LOL!]

Old January 27th, 2006, 8:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
SO how did everyone first get into FB?
From this thread.
Actually first time I saw it in Anime Insider and after that I found this thread. I read every post and decided to do a little research on the internet. After that I bought anime and wathed it all. Now I watch it every day. I know, I'm addicted, but I can't help myself. I said I'll go tomorrow and buy manga but I can't because I'm babysitting so I'll go tonight. So tommorow I'll be over at least with first volume.

Now I'm going to make some predictions based on anime and I can't wait to see how I was wrong when I read manga. As I said I love every member of Sohma even Akito. But my favourite character is Kyo. I hope, if there's going to be some pairing, that Kyo and Tohru are going to be together. I also love Yuki but I imagine him like Tohrus friend. I fell like Kyo is the one that needs love. He has that dark side and Tohru accepted it. I like that. He finally opened his heart to someone. And Yuki, well I think that he loves Tohru as a friend. He respects her and he feels protective about her.

Also what I like in anime is how Kyo reacts when someone talks to him about Tohru. He's cooking when she's sick, he defends her in school (punching the wall ), he even makes leeks for her.

Quote:
Oh, good point. I hadn't thought of that.
I think It's about manga. Because volume 13. is not released yet in USA, or something like that. I read on some other forum that right now manga is somewhere on volume 18. and supposedly it'll finish on volume 21. or 22. I'm not sure if this is truth, but that's what I found. And anime finished on 7. and 8. volume of manga. So if they planing to make new episodes I think is time because I can't wait anymore (and I've been waiting only two days).

So I'm interested in what year you were born in? I'm in the year of tiger like Kisa.
And also . . . I suppose I'll be on 2nd volume of manga by tomorrow. So what volume are you on? It'll be easier to talk about manga if we know who's where. I hope I said it clearly. I hope you'll understand.

Last edited by spiritedaway; January 27th, 2006 at 10:34 pm.
Old January 27th, 2006, 9:07 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Manga. I got warned in the old topic about talking about things past whatever the US release date was manga wise.

Old January 27th, 2006, 9:17 pm
Third Year

Quote:
how did everyone first get into FB? My friend got me the first volume for Christmas a few years ago.
For me, it was because my two friends kept talking and talking and talking about it!! And then they kept arguing over Kyou and Yuki and one was debating over if she wants to buy the boxset-- And that got me interesting, because this friend never goes hypes about anime (though she's an in the closet fan :P) and seeing her argue over characters AND wanting to buy the entire series got me interested ^_^ (that and my other friend's synopsis wasn't bad either XD)

So the other friend let me borrow her boxset and I found out that 1) terribly madly addicting and, 2) Shigure was awesome XD. Oh and 3) Kyou >>>>> Yuki :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedaway
So I'm interested in what year you were born in? I'm in the year of tiger like Kisa.
I was born in the year of the dragon with good ol' Hatori ^^

You've got to make the effort, and love every moment of it
Old January 27th, 2006, 9:36 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Now I'm going to make some predictions based on anime and I can't wait to see how I was wrong when I read manga. As I said I love every member of Sohma even Akito. But my favourite character is Kyo. I hope, if there's going to be some pairing, that Kyo and Tohru are going to be together. I also love Yuki but I imagine him like Tohrus friend. I fell like Kyo is the one that needs love. He has that dark side and Tohru accepted it. I like that. He finally opened his heart to someone. And Yuki, well I think that he loves Tohru as a friend. He respects her and he feels protective about her.

Also what I like in anime is how Kyo reacts when someone talks to him about Tohru. He's cooking when she's sick, he defends her in school (punching the wall ), he even makes leaks for her.
Now that's exactly why I think Kyo and Tohru should get together .

Quote:
And also . . . I suppose I'll be on 2nd volume of manga by tomorrow. So what volume are you on? It'll be easier to talk about manga if we know who's where. I hope I said it clearly. I hope you'll understand.
Ooh, is there any way to find out which animal? I'm born in 1991, I think that was the horse or cat. I'm up to volume 10 with the manga, but I've been distracted letely so I haven't finished that volume yet.

EDIT: I searched the net and it said Year of the Ram. Who's the ram in Fruits Basket again?

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood."

Last edited by AmeliaPotter; January 27th, 2006 at 9:47 pm.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:24 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I searched the net and it said Year of the Ram. Who's the ram in Fruits Basket again?
Yeah . . . You're right. 1991. is year of the Ram and in the series Hiro's born in that year and he's sheep. So you're with Hiro Sohma.

Quote:
Now that's exactly why I think Kyo and Tohru should get together .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_G135
I was born in the year of the dragon with good ol' Hatori ^^
I love Hatori, he's great. He's my favourite from 'the trio'. I just can't believe what Kana did to him. She's . . . Well I would never leave Hatori.

Right now I'm watching episode, I think it's 16. They are all on the lake and Ayame is there . . . Oh he's sooooo determined....hahahhaahahah

Old January 27th, 2006, 11:21 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Yeah . . . You're right. 1991. is year of the Ram and in the series Hiro's born in that year and he's sheep. So you're with Hiro Sohma.
Oh yeah! Haha, figures the only one I forget would be my own year . I don't really like Hiro that much, sadly. He's a very bossy character, but I know it's only because he's protective of Kisa.

Old January 27th, 2006, 11:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
From this thread.
Yay! I'm year of the tiger, too! I was sooo happy when I found out that Kisa is the tiger. She is absolutely adorable. And I am now on vol. 6!

Art Of Breaking
-Thousand Foot Krutch
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:05 am
Third Year

Quote:
I love Hatori, he's great. He's my favourite from 'the trio'. I just can't believe what Kana did to him. She's . . . Well I would never leave Hatori.
Yeah, that was really sad.. it made me like Hatori more ^^ He's my second favorite out of the 'trio'.

That episode made me realize tha most of the Sohmas are pretty compatible with Tohru - and even though it will probably go down between Kyou and Yuki, I could see anyone with Tohru - though some would be a lil weird.. ::cough::tohruxayame::cough:: :P

Has anyone ever thought how it would be like to be in Tohru's situation after her mum died? You know, to have the thought that she didn't tell her "come home safe" that day? I know it probably would still be in my head for the longest.

You've got to make the effort, and love every moment of it
Old January 28th, 2006, 1:19 am
Second Year

Quote:
Oh yeah! Haha, figures the only one I forget would be my own year . I don't really like Hiro that much, sadly. He's a very bossy character, but I know it's only because he's protective of Kisa.
I don't know but I like Hiro thou like you said he's bossy. But he's also very intelligent, he speaks truth and also he's pessimistic. I dunno, But he's so cute. And I like that he worries about Kise and that he feels protective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_Ginny
Yay! I'm year of the tiger, too! I was sooo happy when I found out that Kisa is the tiger. She is absolutely adorable. And I am now on vol. 6!
Kisa . . . you. . . me . . . the tiger

Quote:
That episode made me realize tha most of the Sohmas are pretty compatible with Tohru - and even though it will probably go down between Kyou and Yuki, I could see anyone with Tohru - though some would be a lil weird.. ::cough::tohruxayame::cough:: :P
You're right. All Sohmas love her. I mean she's just perfect for all of them. But I agree that she'll end up with Kyo or Yuki, but I'm for Kyo.

Quote:
Has anyone ever thought how it would be like to be in Tohru's situation after her mum died? You know, to have the thought that she didn't tell her "come home safe" that day? I know it probably would still be in my head for the longest.
I wouldn't like that. I . . . I don't wanna think about that, it's painfull. My parents divorced and it was difficult to live with only one parent. I lived with my mum for 19 years and I didn't see my father for about five years. Now I moved in with dad to Canada I am not able to see my mom for about one year. It's hard and I can't imagine how would it be hard if I don't see her ever again. So I feel really sorry for Tohru. I'm glad that she found Shigure, Kyo and Yuki.

Ok enough about that. I bought FB manga volume 2, 4 and 5. I had to order 1, 3 and 6.

Old January 28th, 2006, 3:29 am
I trusted Severus Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo
Oh, good point. I hadn't thought of that. Any thoughts, Inky?
Well, the anime has been out for several years...a few years longer than the manga. It's not against the rules to talk about it, but it's probably considerate to leave the ending a surprise for newbies.

Otherwise I'd list among my favorite moments someone coming out of the woods carrying something....

Old January 28th, 2006, 4:02 am
Third Year

Note to self: DO NOT READ SPOILERS!!!!!
Should have learnt from the last thread. Silly me.

I got into it when my best friend bought the anime series after hearing rave reviews. She watched it 2 or 3 times before watching the first 2 discs with me. We both fell in love with it, then hunted the manga's down at Kinokuniya. Now we're both slobbering addicts who haunt the place til the next volume comes out. sad really. But it's so good!!!

I really love Shigure and Momiji and Haru. I love the main 3 too, but I'm really getting into the secondary characters.

waiting for 13 to come out.

Old January 28th, 2006, 5:20 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf
Otherwise I'd list among my favorite moments someone coming out of the woods carrying something....
I love that moment. And couple of moments earlier too.

I just finished with volume 4 of manga and favourite scene is the last one when someone sits beside someone who is asleep and that first someone says '...I'm sorry...' and after that, feeling that and feeling this, and all that is in something that is . . .well I won't say. . .

Old January 28th, 2006, 5:27 am
First Year

Quote:
Kisa . . . you. . . me . . . the tiger

You're right. All Sohmas love her. I mean she's just perfect for all of them. But I agree that she'll end up with Kyo or Yuki, but I'm for Kyo.
Well, Tohru would kind of be perfect for ANYONE! I mean, what do you think, guys? I'm a girl, but from what I've learned from guys, Tohru pretty much has what a lot of guys want in a girl. She's caring, selfless, adorable, kind of ditzy... haha, polite... No wonder all of the Sohmas adore her! Really guys, what is your point of view?

**Why Can't I Be Tohru?** tee hee

Art Of Breaking
-Thousand Foot Krutch
Old January 28th, 2006, 5:35 am
First Year

Chinese New Year's this weekend, innit? Shi-chan will have one hell of a year. XD

I got into Furuba a few years ago when my friend came over and brought the anime with her. We watched all 26 episodes overnight and I was HOOKED. Then I got into the mailing list and started downloading the scanlated goods. Then I realised the manga is SO SO MUCH BETTER and all those angst drama and mystery beneath the comedy is what practically SOLD me. I envy you Americans for having FB licensed. My local publisher is damn damn slow.

Although Kyou is my favorite, Manga!Shigure never fails to enlighten me. And I do actually LIKE Akito.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime