Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Favourite HP movie so far

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite movie so far?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 42 7.39%
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 26 4.58%
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 121 21.30%
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 42 7.39%
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 37 6.51%
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 168 29.58%
Harry Pottter and the Deathly Hallows (it will just rock the most...) 132 23.24%
Voters: 568. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 4th, 2011, 3:30 am
First Year

Re: Favourite HP movie so far

Half Blood Prince

Old January 5th, 2011, 6:35 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Also, WORMTAIL DOESN'T DIE SO THEY CAN GET ONE CHEESY LINE OUT OF DOBBY??!! I was fuming. Wormtail's death I expected to be reasonably dramatic, and Dobby's cheesy line was good for the first few seconds before you realise they just screwed up a potentially memorable scene. There are no reasons for these changes, they are just stupid.

In HBP they add that unbelievably stupid and logic-defying attack on the Burrow because "there wasn't enough action" and then completely skip the full blown fight at the end of the film? Come on, why didn't anyone sack Yates after the 5th film?
The change of Wormtail's death is my only complaint about DH1. We're supposed to see a little different side of Pettigrew (his pity for loosening his grip on one of them) and how he is punished for it. Like you say, it could have been a memorable scene.

I hated that they left out the battle at the end of the film, but I heard that they did it because they didn't want it to be repetitive of the big battle to be had in the seventh movie. I can see their reasoning, but I still don't like it.

For me:
1. DH1; for a book that's slow moving in the first half (camping trip), the movie kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It had the perfect mix of action, humor, and a whole world of emotions.
2. OotP; the scenes almost felt incomplete and rushed, but other than that I find no fault. The Ministry scene is my absolute favorite in all of the movies. It was so well done and heartwrenching at Sirius's death and Voldemort's possession of Harry.
3. GoF; due mostly to Ralph Fiennes performance as Voldemort and his rebirth scene. Amazing.
4. CoS; very well done. Nothing to absolutely love but nothing to totally dislike about the film.
5. HBP; only gets a low rating because of all of the things they left out: memories, Harry/Ginny relationship, and the battle at the end. As a movie itself though, it can hold its own: it's humorous, sad, and action packed.
6. SS; I think it's just the plot line in general, when compared to other films. It's a simple mystery that's solved within the time and has a typical happy ending. No fault with the movie, just not as enjoyable to watch (or read).
7. PoA; too much was changed, IMO. They wasted scenes on fights with The Monster Book of Monsters and the Whomping Willow and rushed through the most important scene in the Shrieking Shack and the dementors on the train.

Hufflepuff Pride
Old January 5th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Third Year

In Order

DH1- Best one all round as a book adaptation, what it did visually, the music, and the acting.
SS- made HP real for me, it was such a good a fun experience.
POS- It was a great movie and book adaptation.
OOTP- my only complaint is that we loose a lot of the subplots.
GOF- once again subplots were lost.
HBP- great movie, sucky book adaptation. So bad I left the movie angry.
COS- to be honest I never liked the story much. Just saying.

I am a Harry and Luna Fan. My ship may have sunk but my love goes on.

Ya know Daniel Radcliffe is really good at fake drowning.
Old January 5th, 2011, 7:25 pm
First Year

I really enjoyed Prisoner of Azkaban. This is my favorite book, as well. I think I like it so much because I feel that it is a lot more happy and fun than the others... especially since the extremely dark stuff starts happening in the later movies & books.

"I never really gave up on you.
Not really.
I always hoped..."

Old January 5th, 2011, 9:16 pm
First Year

It's hard for me to pick one so all of them are my favorites..but if I had to pick one it'd be SS & COS & HBP & DH..it's REALLY REALLY REALLY hard for me to pick just one.

Old January 5th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchyjessie View Post
I really enjoyed Prisoner of Azkaban. This is my favorite book, as well. I think I like it so much because I feel that it is a lot more happy and fun than the others... especially since the extremely dark stuff starts happening in the later movies & books.
I'm not sure I understand, care to elaborate? POA is relentlessly (and appropriately) heavy and dark once it hits the halfway mark. There are some 'fun' scenes interspersed amongst the scary and serious scenes in the beginning of the film, but as a whole it's clearly dark. The resolution isn't even happy - Harry gets to use his Firebolt, sure, but Lupin and Sirius both have to leave, and neither is yet redeemed in the eyes of the public.

If anything, it's still the darkest film, and the only real competition is DH1 (which didn't deal with abstract concepts nearly as well, made a point of saying how 'dark' it was, avoided Pettigrew's death, etc).

Last edited by ohsnapkid; January 5th, 2011 at 9:38 pm.
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Third Year

I do like all the movies, but some of them is way better than the other ones.

1. Deathly Hallows: Amazing. Nothing much to dislike in this one. I feared that the camping scenes would be a little boring, but i was wrong

2. Philosophers stone: I just love it. The first time we ever saw the magical world of Hogwarts on the big screen. Probably seen it 20 times by now!

3. Half Blood Prince: They cut a lot out, but kept the important things. Even though its a little different from the book, i really like it!

4. Chamber of Secrets: I don't really know what it is with CoS, but i just love this movie!

5. Order of the Phoenix: The movie is great, but they cut so much from the last chapters. The entire hunt in the ministry. If that was in the movie it would be so much better in my opinion.

6. Prisoner of Azkaban: Everyone seems to love this one, but unfortunatly i don't :/ I feel it was so much who wasn't explained. Its one of my favourite books, but i just don't like the movie. The worst thing about is the dreadful "He was their friend, I'm gonna kill him" scene. I hated that ;(

7. My least favourite book and movie. Its good, but meh...

"The stories we love best, do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by
the big screen, Hogwarts will allways be there to welcome you home"

- JK Rowling
Old January 6th, 2011, 2:21 am
First Year

DH Part 1 (hopefully 2)
POA
HBP
GOF
OOTP
COS
P/SS

Please leave feedback for it at: Great Serpent Feedback

Ravenclaw: For those of wit and learning.

"Rowling wrote one of the sweetest relationships in literature without even knowing it."- HermioneCrookshanks919 of fanfiction.net

Harmony 4ever!

The greatest love story never told. H/Hr till the end.
Old January 25th, 2011, 3:57 am
First Year

I love all the Harry Potter movies.

7.Prisoner of Azkaban
6.Chamber of Secrets
5. Sorcerer's Stone
4.Goblet of Fire
3.Order of the Phoenix
2.Half Blood Prince
my number one favorite film is: Deathly Hallow Part 1

Old January 28th, 2011, 10:39 pm
First Year

DH1- Best one all round. I have NEVER felt so many emotions during a movie in my life, until I saw DH.
SS- 2nd
POS- 3rd
OOTP- 4th
HBP- 5th
COS- 6th
GOF- 7th

Last edited by 1BellaLestrange; January 30th, 2011 at 8:15 pm.
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:34 pm
First Year

I really love all the Harry Potter films, they might leave some things out but I still love them all but here's my list in order.

DH1- I really loved this one. Saw it two times and I could find nothing wrong with it. I could pick a few things that they left out but most of the important things were in there.

OotP- I don't know why I just love this one. I agree with others who say the fight scenes in th MM should have been better and more to the book but overall its one of my favorite of the films.

HBP- Again, this is one of my favorites. They did leave a lot of stuff out from the book but I feel like they put all the important stuff in there at least, for me.

GoF- I like Goblet of Fire mainly because of Voldemort's rebirth. But its a good movie.

CoS-I really like this one but it is one of my least favorites, probably because now to me its a litte childish. The movies got a little darker after PoA. But I still love it, especially the Chamber of Secrets scenes.

SS- This is the original and to me it will always be good.

PoA- I love PoA but out of all the movies, its the one I least want to go and watch. I think thats just because I've seen it so many times that I know it almost by heart. But its still great and I loved how the movies got a little darker or at least less childish looking in this one and kind of grew up with the fans.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
— Thomas Jefferson

Proud Ravenclaw!

Last edited by BookReader; January 30th, 2011 at 12:17 am.
Old January 29th, 2011, 11:17 am
First Year

They're all good films, but my list often changes. Here it is at the moment:

POA
HBP
DH 1
OOTP
GOF
PS
COS

Old January 30th, 2011, 2:39 pm
First Year

I'm not really a huge fan of the films... But here's my list anyway:

PoA - Definitely my favourite. Well the book is also one of my favourites and I think they did the film pretty well.
PS - It just brings back so many memories (and I've seen it a hundred times at least). Even though the book isn't near as good as the others I think the film is brilliant.
HBP - Has some of my favourite scenes in the whole series which are done well in the film.
CoS - Once again this film brings back so many memories. And it is one of the best adapted from the book imo.
OotP - The book is my favourite but the film... It's good and has some good parts.. but a lot of things could have been better.
DH1 - I dunno really what to say about this one... I just hope the second part is better and maybe together I'll like them more.
GoF - So much was left out and so much that could have been done better...

Old January 31st, 2011, 10:54 am
First Year

these all are really good movies.. I love to Watch these all movies.. Every movie is having its own special character with it... This one is really cool..

Last edited by Hes; February 2nd, 2011 at 10:24 am.
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:27 am
I gave String Theory to my Cat...

I never appreciated PoA the way other posters seem to. To me, all the "style" and whatever else it was couldn't excuse some of the things they did with the plot. All in all, it was a good movie as long as you were able to shut your brain down while watching. I still liked CoS the best at the time of watching it (thus trying not to take into account knowing what came after). If I had to pick a least favourite, it would be OotP.

1 CoS
2 DH1
3 PS
4 GoF
5 HBP
6 PoA
7 OotP

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress."

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
Joseph Joubert

"...He seeks to know himself and his fellow man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death..." -Madalyn Murray
Old February 5th, 2011, 7:43 pm
First Year

Honestly i thought I would love the HP7 but it was all a rush, unlike in the others where people sit around and have a laugh, there is always something going on, not only this but the dance scene that never happened was a bit of a joke I loved the Chamber of secrets, its the 1st one i remember going to see in cinema can't wait for part 2, i imagine it to be awesome!

Old February 5th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Second Year

1. Half Blood Prince
2. DH Part 1
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Sorcerers Stone
6. Prisoner of Azkaban
7. Goblet of Fire

Old February 8th, 2011, 2:02 am
First Year

I have to say......the most well done movies I have seen were the first couple. There were a few that just didn't seem quite there......altho i can't wait to see the last one!!

Old February 18th, 2011, 12:38 am
Second Year

1. Deathly Hallows Part 1- it was awesome! The seven potters was a little quick, and so was the ministry, but they were still well done. The Three Brothers, WOW! I loved the music, listening to it on youtube now!

2. Order of the Phoenix- this seems to be in the middle of everyones list...which surprises me. Its great! The battle of the ministry was epic and so far still the greatest harry potter battle ever. Period. Also loved umbridges performance, and how evil she was.

3. Goblet of Fire- No matter how much it left out of the book, it was very entertaining and funny. "oh my god, ive killed harry potter!" graveyard scene was great, but voldemorts speech was left out

4. Half-Blood Prince- I felt pretty disappointed when i left the theater after seeing this one, but after repeat viewing, i appreciated its production values and how great the special effects were and how much care went in to it.

5. Chamber of Secrets- It's kinda slow, but the basilisk fight was beast. Nothing much else to love, really. Not much to hate either.

6. Sorcerers Stone- Great introduction. But compared to the others, its kinda boring and a waste of time.

7. Prisoner of Azkaban- I never could lay my finger on why i dont like it much, but i just dont.

Old February 18th, 2011, 4:48 am
Second Year

Not much of a fan of the movies either but here's my updated list (with my relative ratings)

1. SS 9/10
2. PoA 9/10
3. CoS 7.5/10
4. DH1 6.5/10
5. HBP 5/10
6. OotP 4.5/10
7. GoF 2/10

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives