Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The best possible ending?

Old February 14th, 2005, 3:52 am
Second Year

The best possible ending... I have no clue. I'm kinda scared to think of the end. Its gonna be the end of the series!! I do know that the best ending will be written by JK. But if I could think of anything I would want included in it is - Ron & Hermione together and Harry & Ginny together. I don't even wanna begin to think about Voldemort or Harry dieing. Its going to be so sad when they're all done, what will we have to look forward to?

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2005, 12:27 pm
Third Year

here my idea of a really good ending....

harry and co are just outside the room/place lords V's in

Harry: i've got to face him alone....
(everyone who's still alive do a little speack to harry about how much the belive and care about him, incert kiss from love as well)

harry walk up to Lord V who surounded by dermentors

Lord V: so you've come to "vanquish me" (he knows the full propacy by now)
Harry complely calm: yes
Lord V: do you not fear death?
Harry: not any more
Lord V: really? avea kavara!
Harry: phonixo protecti!
he become surrounded by shield made of love, avea kavara bounces of it and nearly hits Lords V
Lord V: what the...!
Harry with a glint in his eye: do you?
he then carmely walk toward Lord V, who start backing away
Lord V: what.. what are you?
Harry: Harry Potter, son of James and Lilly Potter, surely you reember them? (harry's scar start to glow)
Harry: remember there PAIN?
Dementors start to gather round Lord V
Lord V, very scaird: what, what is this feeling i'm experecing?
Harry: you made a mistake when you used my blood to make you live again....
harry then rolls off alll all the people Lord Vs killed, saying remember?
Lord V: no! no! noooooooo! (is kissed by dementors)
Harry to dementors: go home
they go home

harry's friends come in

random person(could be anyone): he's dead?
harry: worse
RP: oh......
Harry: i feel like quidich....

the end!

My fanfic http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=100676
Old February 15th, 2005, 3:18 am
First Year

Harry becomes the Defense against the Dark Arts Teacher...

Think about it. I think that JK has been setting this up since the beginning. Who else is better to teach that? And with Dumbledor's army in OotP, Harry is just proving how good he'd be at it. What do you guys think?
Duckie.

Old February 15th, 2005, 4:10 am
First Year

DADA teacher? well maybe. there is some pretty strong pointers to it, but still. he has a mission remember. save the world, yada yada. i think he'll eventually join the order.

Old February 15th, 2005, 1:30 pm
Second Year

Harry will live. He'll some how see his parents and Sirius again though first.

Old February 15th, 2005, 1:33 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJoy
Harry will live. He'll some how see his parents and Sirius again though first.

yer she could do the whole "its not you time yet harry" bit

My fanfic http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=100676
Old February 15th, 2005, 5:23 pm
First Year

The best ending would be for Harry to defeat Voldemort and spend the rest of his life in peaceful contentment with the girl of his dreams. And that maybe Trelawnley was right and he does become Minister of Magic and have several children.

Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.

Read Joyce13's and my fic, Luna's Story-Year Two. Feedback is here
Old February 15th, 2005, 8:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapeLova
any ending that i havent already read on cos forums
I'm with Snapelova.... I like analyzing and discussing the possiblitlites, but the great thing is, the JK still can suprise us. I know most of us are very smart and have alot of good ideas, but the best part is we really never know

Old February 15th, 2005, 10:33 pm
Second Year

The best possible ending? Harry ends up being the best Quidditch player that England has seen in at least 100 years. (I can't see Harry becoming an auror as an adult, he has spent much of his childhood fighting evil, why would he want to do it for a living?) Harry of course, marries Ginny and the book ends with them putting their red headed green eyed little girl on the train to Hogwarts. Watch out headmistress McGonagall!

Old February 15th, 2005, 11:49 pm
First Year

Well, I think Harry will have to somehow die heroiccly and so that Voldemort will also die to. I don't know how that would happen but, I think that would be a sweet ending.

Old February 16th, 2005, 12:34 am
Sixth Year

For me, the best possible ending would be for everyone to survive. Harry would become a successful Auror, Ron and Hermione would get together, Neville would realize his true calling (I always liked Neville), and Fred and George would open a joke shop to rival Zonko's. And of course, all the Death Eaters and Voldemort would be defeated. I would also like to see something bad happen to all the Slytherins.

90s Kids' Shows Part 2
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:42 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvhhr
For me, the best possible ending would be for everyone to survive. Harry would become a successful Auror, Ron and Hermione would get together, Neville would realize his true calling (I always liked Neville), and Fred and George would open a joke shop to rival Zonko's. And of course, all the Death Eaters and Voldemort would be defeated. I would also like to see something bad happen to all the Slytherins.
You want everyone to survive? I think that would be disappointing to read, because it's so implausible. There's dichotomy between the best ending for any given character, and the best ending for the reader. As a reader, I'll be sad when people die, but I'd be confused if they didn't - some deaths are necessary. Obv. the best ending for Harry would be the riding-off-into-the-shiny-new-future kind, and the best ending for Voldything would be world domination without the wretched boy getting in his way, and so on, but to make good literature there needs to be a compromise.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:51 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by

But I think the BEST ending would be for Harry to [I
finally[/i] defeat Voldie but die soon afterwards from some fatal wound etc. Don't get me wrong: I definitely don't want Harry to die...I love him heaps!! But I think that It would add more of a twist to the story, you know?
Yeah, I agree... I think he'll defeat Voldemort and die shortly after. Or else, Harry kills Voldemort and is drained of all his energy and dies from the exurcion of killing him or something. Or, JKR might make it so they both die... But it's a great mystery. But hey, maybe he won't die.

If he lives though it would be strange to find a career to suit him...though an auror would suit him, JKR has been talking about him wanting to be an auror since he found out what one was, it seems to obvious...and quiddich he all ready likes and does that, so it's probably not a seeker though he's good enough. Yes, the ending will definately be a mystery.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:56 pm
Sixth Year

i get yelld at for this but i think harry will go like frodo, no not a boat but he will know when its his time & will not fight it because he will Finally be with his family. He will have serve his purpose.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:04 pm
Third Year

If he lives I think there will be some drastic change in either his emotional self or his physical self that will cause him to live like a hermit, or marry one of the three Hogwarts girls (Hermione, Ginny, and Luna) and live in privacy.

Being an auror would be kind of anticlimactic because he would be fighting "normal" dark wizards for his whole life after he had already defeated the greatest wizard ever.

A non-LV world might leave Harry empty on the inside, as if he had already fulfilled his mission in life. I certainly do not see Harry in the limelight after the probable defeat of LV.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:09 pm
Fallen Angel

The best possible ending for me would be a "happily ever after" ending. (I know that type of ending would annoy many.) But it's not possible, because JKR already told us that at least one more of the good guys is going to die.

(I read the books for relaxation and entertainment. Therefore I don't want them to be like the real world, which in general is neither relaxing nor entertaining.)

Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:14 pm
Zonko's Employee

"Harry reflected on the events of the past few days. Voldemort had mustered all his forces into one massive attack on Hogwarts, but the students and the Ministry had been prepared. The battle had been titanic, with many casualties on both sides, but ultimately successful. At the peak of the battle, Harry found himself facing off against Voldemort; they battled fiercely and as Harry recognized the desperation in him, he began to feel nothing more than pity for Voldemort. Voldemort's reborn body however had required the 'blood of his enemy' and once Harry had lost his hatred for Voldemort, his body could no longer exist. Voldemort evaporated, leaving nothing but a chalky bone, a few streaks of Harry's blood, and Peter Pettigrew's right hand.

Now here was Harry, at the celebration at Hogwarts, dancing slowly with Ginny in the Great Hall. The more raucous celebration had given way to a quiet time of reflection on those lost and building a future. Harry tried to get used to the idea of living in peace. All of a sudden he became aware of Professor Dumbledore at the edge of the room, trying to attract Harry's attention to the Mirror of Erised, which he had obviously brought in for some reason. Harry watched in the mirror as he maneuvered the two of them over. He saw all the other couples couples who were dancing here that had survived unhurt and were clinging gratefully to each other.

As he got closer, he saw what the point was. There in the mirror he first saw his mother's back and long auburn hair, as she nestled her head on his father's shoulder and they too danced. So this was what Dumbledore wanted him to see. But then as Harry got a bit closer, he noticed that the wizard couldn't be his father - he had bright green eyes. And the witch couldn't be his mother - in the better light nearer the edge, he saw the hair was a brighter red than auburn: it was Ginny. That's all he saw.

Ginny whispered to him, 'Harry, what are you thinking?'
'Ginny, right at this moment, holding you in my arms, I know that there is not a happier man in all the world.'
She looked up at him with moistened eyes, 'Oh! Good answer. I feel just the same, you know.'
'I had hoped so.'
Professor Dumbledore winked at Harry as Ginny nestled her head once again against Harry's shoulder and Harry once again placed his cheek against Ginny's temple and they pulled each other closer and continued the dance."

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.

Last edited by Dedalus Diggle; February 22nd, 2005 at 11:18 pm.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:14 pm
Second Year

I'm not terribly fussed at the moment,all I want from it is it to surpirise me. At the moment I can't see how she's going to pull it off without it descending into alot of hidious cliches.

Old February 23rd, 2005, 6:46 pm
Second Year

The best ending would along the lines of, "And Harry, the boy-who-lived, managed to defeat Voldemort. All the remaining Death Eaters were captures and sent to Azkaban. Peace would reign among the wizarding kind, muggles, and magical beings like goblins. Harry became an auror and married (insert girl you want Harry to end up with) and had several children. His friends also married and began careers of their own. Everyone lived happily ever after."

Old February 24th, 2005, 1:02 am
First Year

All kinds of Heron, Chocalate fluff.. vanquishing of the dark lord at noon, followed by dinner and a show.

Seriously I don't know, I would like to see at least some fluff, but as long as Voldie goes down at the end of the day I don't care. I'm sure whatever I can think up Jo can out do anyways.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies