Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Old February 4th, 2018, 12:58 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauderfan View Post
Spoiler: show
Omg I hadn't even considered that aspect of it. All I thought about that conversation was that it seemed kind of weird for them to be having it in the first place, considering that it didn't really take any of their history into account. Scully saying something like "Even if I could have another kid, I don't have anyone to have one with" was ridiculous, because a) she's literally snuggled in Mulder's arms, her life partner, and b) she's like 53? Why would she be thinking about this now and not maybe 10 years earlier? This is another thing that I think comes down to the team of male writers, and how they don't really know how to write a middle aged female character and what she would be thinking about at this point in her life with her history. Women don't think about babies 24/7, and even though she certainly did want children earlier in her life, I wouldn't think she'd spend the entire rest of her life feeling sad that she didn't.

But it didn't even occur to me that this was just clunky plot exposition so that CC could introduce another miracle baby. I just.... I really, REALLY hope not. But you're probably right

I really liked the first half! It felt like a good old fashioned X file! And... then it began to feel like there were too many writers in the kitchen and everything turned into a bit of a mess by the end :P Some things I can't figure out:

1. Why Jackson (aka William) created the Ghouli on the ship in the first place and sent his two girlfriends to meet it there? I just... what? What's the point? That's not really a prank, that's just mean. Like, why did he think this was a good idea in any way. Jackson is really messed up. Also this explanation turned what I thought was going to be a good ol fashioned scary monster x-file into nothing. The Ghouli wasn't even the point of the episode. *sigh*

2. So after 17 years of relative peace and quiet suddenly everyone is after William again? And they kill his parents? It just seems like a poorly set up plot device so that Mulder and Scully can adopt him back or something.
I know... it's something all right. I mean really? And he reduced them to FWB's to boot. Pathetic.

So unless things lead to them getting back together solidly some how (either like how they were before or by getting married), I just don't see how another baby would fit into that at all.

Exactly. Clunky is an understatement with it too. I thought of it even before finding out about the hotel's name either. Just from the dumb conversation. I really hope it's not the case, but going from what a Fox person said about ep 8 (that fans should listen close during it in regards to M and S -- para-phrasing here) and James Wong's comments about it.

Oh boy... I'm really thinking it's gonna be pregnancy. Gotta love 1013... good old captain obvious they are.

Quote:
You’re also directing another episode later this season about the quest for youth. What can you preview about that?

Well, it’s a totally different feel. [Laughs] I’m really happy with it. I’ve been working on a show called American Horror Story, and to me, this is the closest to American Horror Story that The X-Files has ever [been]. It’s pretty creepy and weird. And there is some kind of icky thing. But at the same time, there is a very important and emotional thing that happens with Mulder and Scully. I’m really happy with it. I’m excited for people to see it.

Source: https://www.tvinsider.com/663282/x-f...lliam-reunion/
1) Yea that was sick. I think that they were going off of the Slenderman murders... but it made him seem like a very nasty kid.

2) Could be. But yet CSM is involved. I think that he has them in part after him since William was hacking into the DoD.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend.

Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; February 4th, 2018 at 5:20 am.
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2018, 8:16 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post

Oh boy... I'm really thinking it's gonna be pregnancy. Gotta love 1013... good old captain obvious they are.

1) Yea that was sick. I think that they were going off of the Slenderman murders... but it made him seem like a very nasty kid.

2) Could be. But yet CSM is involved. I think that he has them in part after him since William was hacking into the DoD.
I don't agree that this has anything to do with Slenderman. I would agree that the impact of social media is a factor in the story (look at the instant angry posting by one of William's girlfriends which brings the DOD right to him). I think part of the problem seems to be that William has been having doomsday visions and has a shrink diagnosing him with a serious mental illness and he must wonder sometimes whether or not he is....however coupled with the fact that he's exploring his ability to trick people into seeing something other than what is there, he may be questioning everything, especially once he hacked into the DOD and found the Crossroads files. I agree it's a stupid and potentially dangerous stunt, but he's 15, and that's kind of par for the course anyway. We see him tell one girlfriend what he did with manipulating their brains, and he says at one point that he's had the ability for a while but only recently can control it. I think it's interesting that he came by to apologize and make sure they were okay, considering that he knew he was in danger at that point. I also loved the interaction with Scully at the gas station (that has a windmill), was he hoping for a chance to say goodbye before he disappears?

As far as another baby, I don't think the writers will go in that direction. It's not out of the realm of possibilities of course, because everything we know/don't know about Scully's fertility is under the shadow of her doctors always being complicit with the project, and the failure of Invitro is also suspect because we don't know if they ever did anything (only pretending to). It is the X-Files, so can't be sure of anything. Gillian has said this is the last series that she'll be doing, so there's another issue. Of course if they manage to stop CSM's plan, that would give them the option of a more normal life and a regular pregnancy would be a nice ending for them. And I have to say that I liked the Burn Notice ending, and the regular X-Files series ending, so I wouldn't mind really.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old February 8th, 2018, 3:16 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
I don't agree that this has anything to do with Slenderman. I would agree that the impact of social media is a factor in the story (look at the instant angry posting by one of William's girlfriends which brings the DOD right to him). I think part of the problem seems to be that William has been having doomsday visions and has a shrink diagnosing him with a serious mental illness and he must wonder sometimes whether or not he is....however coupled with the fact that he's exploring his ability to trick people into seeing something other than what is there, he may be questioning everything, especially once he hacked into the DOD and found the Crossroads files. I agree it's a stupid and potentially dangerous stunt, but he's 15, and that's kind of par for the course anyway. We see him tell one girlfriend what he did with manipulating their brains, and he says at one point that he's had the ability for a while but only recently can control it. I think it's interesting that he came by to apologize and make sure they were okay, considering that he knew he was in danger at that point. I also loved the interaction with Scully at the gas station (that has a windmill), was he hoping for a chance to say goodbye before he disappears?

As far as another baby, I don't think the writers will go in that direction. It's not out of the realm of possibilities of course, because everything we know/don't know about Scully's fertility is under the shadow of her doctors always being complicit with the project, and the failure of Invitro is also suspect because we don't know if they ever did anything (only pretending to). It is the X-Files, so can't be sure of anything. Gillian has said this is the last series that she'll be doing, so there's another issue. Of course if they manage to stop CSM's plan, that would give them the option of a more normal life and a regular pregnancy would be a nice ending for them. And I have to say that I liked the Burn Notice ending, and the regular X-Files series ending, so I wouldn't mind really.

I meant in regards to the two girls. Since there were two involved in the Slenderman killings iirc. That's where I was going with the Slenderman killings. That they were influenced by an outside influence. No more connection than that.

Fair point.

Disagree on that. The way he acted about it originally made me cringe. Big time. Sure teens do dumb things, but this seemed to go too far. Only thing I'm glad for is that he realized that he did take things too far.

Ah. Well... it would be one hell of a misdirection for it to not be at this point. What's the point of 'Plus One' then? Why bother with it? Not that I'm a fan of any kind of pregnancy at this point... but CC has always at times written with all of the subtlety of a sledge hammer () (Existence being one example I can think of with all of that religious imagery), so I don't think he'd do what he did in 'Plus One' if there weren't a reason for it.

Unless she thinks she's pregnant and she loses the kid.

You bring up a good point about them stopping CSM and then having an option for regular life. Maybe that's what they're aiming for.

How did you guys like 'Kitten'?

I thought it was ok, pretty well shot. And Mulder looks damn good in that white t-shirt . A possible contender to over take s7-s9 Mulder for me (and those seasons were damn good Mulder ones ). The Vietnam flashbacks were well done and I liked seeing Kersh again.

Ep 7's ('Followers') preview looks pretty creepy. It's supposed to just be David and Gillian and a bunch of weird robots. Not too much dialogue between M and S either. I'm curious about it. Just got to deal with a 3 week hiatus.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; February 8th, 2018 at 8:59 pm.
Old February 8th, 2018, 10:54 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:

How did you guys like 'Kitten'?

I thought it was ok, pretty well shot. And Mulder looks damn good in that white t-shirt . A possible contender to over take s7-s9 Mulder for me (and those seasons were damn good Mulder ones ). The Vietnam flashbacks were well done and I liked seeing Kersh again.

Ep 7's ('Followers') preview looks pretty creepy. It's supposed to just be David and Gillian and a bunch of weird robots. Not too much dialogue between M and S either. I'm curious about it. Just got to deal with a 3 week hiatus.
I liked the "Kitten" episode, it reveals a bit more about Skinner. We did get a glimpse once when he told Mulder about an unusual x-files-like experience he had after being shot in Vietnam. Here we get to see how young and idealistic Skinner was before he enlisted, and the effects/disillusionment of that experience that still haunt him today. The end with his tooth falling out was a better ending than just walking off, a grim reminder of the war popping up randomly. It wasn't until 2010 that the government officially approved VA coverage for loss of teeth due to gum/bone problems (and dozens of other conditions) tied to agent orange.

Yes, I thought the "Followers" preview was very creepy indeed. At least I'll have the Olympics to watch while waiting.

Old February 9th, 2018, 3:48 am

Quote:
I liked the "Kitten" episode, it reveals a bit more about Skinner. We did get a glimpse once when he told Mulder about an unusual x-files-like experience he had after being shot in Vietnam. Here we get to see how young and idealistic Skinner was before he enlisted, and the effects/disillusionment of that experience that still haunt him today. The end with his tooth falling out was a better ending than just walking off, a grim reminder of the war popping up randomly. It wasn't until 2010 that the government officially approved VA coverage for loss of teeth due to gum/bone problems (and dozens of other conditions) tied to agent orange.

Yes, I thought the "Followers" preview was very creepy indeed. At least I'll have the Olympics to watch while waiting.
Yea it was good in that way. That gas stuff reminded me of Agent Orange as well. What a way for the real world to show up in the XF.

And the real stuff about Agent Orange and other weapons like it is frightening.

http://naturalsociety.com/chilling-h...ll-used-today/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/andre...b_4810311.html

Ok this is downright chilling... remember all of those other colors of gases they mentioned? They're real.

Quote:
Use of Herbicides in Vietnam
Phenoxy herbicides are synthetic chemical analogues of hormones found in plants that regulate the rate and pattern of plant growth; these herbicides cause aberrant growth or death of certain plant species. The types of herbicide used in Vietnam were very effective at killing certain types of tropical vegetation, and the aerial spraying of herbicides allowed for easy application over a large-area. The herbicides were applied aerially at a rate of approximately 3 gallons per acre. According to military records of Operation Ranch Hand, from August 1965 to February 1971, a total of 17.6 million gallons of herbicide was sprayed over approximately 3.6 million acres in Vietnam (NAS, 1974).

The different types of herbicide used by U.S. forces in Vietnam were identified by a code name referring to the color of the band around the 55 gallon drum that contained the chemical. These included Agents Orange, White, Blue, Purple, Pink, and Green. From 1962 to 1965, small quantities of Agents Purple, Pink, and Green were used. From 1965 to 1970, Agents Orange, White, and Blue were employed, and from 1970 to 1971, only Agents White and Blue were used in the defoliation program (Young and Reggiani, 1988).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK236351/

https://www.aspeninstitute.org/progr...-agent-orange/

Sources: natural society, huffington post, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov and aspen institute

About something less serious... some members on Tumblr made some very good gifs of Mulder in dat white t shirt .

Here and here.

Credit and thanks goes to them for making them.

Yep. Not me. I used to be a fan when I was younger, but I'll be watching other stuff, reading some books, playing some games (finally got Sims 4 for my laptop... so I'll be doing some stuff on that) instead.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; February 9th, 2018 at 4:52 am.
Old February 24th, 2018, 12:30 am

We got some promo pics for ep 9, 'Nothing Lasts Forever'... they're under a cut in case some of you guys don't want to see them.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/02/th...ing-lasts.html

I'm pretty hopeful about it! It looks more positive than I thought it would be.

Old February 27th, 2018, 12:18 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
We got some promo pics for ep 9, 'Nothing Lasts Forever'... they're under a cut in case some of you guys don't want to see them.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/02/th...ing-lasts.html

I'm pretty hopeful about it! It looks more positive than I thought it would be.
Although I've learned that photos & clips can be deceiving sometimes...I agree with you here.

Old March 1st, 2018, 11:28 pm

Quote:
Although I've learned that photos & clips can be deceiving sometimes...I agree with you here.
Same here. It was very deceiving with 'Ghouli'. The promo showed a scene where Scully was dying. And that turned out to not be the case at all.

That said, I'm still a bit wary of the pics, even if it is positive, some things might not even be on screen. Like the forehead kiss that was cut in MS III that was in a promo pic.

Old March 5th, 2018, 4:44 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Same here. It was very deceiving with 'Ghouli'. The promo showed a scene where Scully was dying. And that turned out to not be the case at all.

That said, I'm still a bit wary of the pics, even if it is positive, some things might not even be on screen. Like the forehead kiss that was cut in MS III that was in a promo pic.
What did you think of "Followers"?

Old March 5th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Quote:
What did you think of "Followers"?
I didn't mind the lesson they were going with in terms of the control robots and social media have over our lives. Other than that though it was rather meh. Guess I wouldn't be a fan of Black Mirror.

Even the hand hold at the end of it didn't mean a thing to me.

Even though there was a sex joke mixed in with it , going off Scully's personal device. . And given that it's a CC show, I'm surprised that they even went there.

What did you think of the episode?

Old March 9th, 2018, 12:05 am

What did you guys think of "Followers"?

I wasn't too thrilled with it at first acting wise, but as it went along it got a bit better and Mr. Chuckle Teeth scared the baloney out of me.

Also... new trailer has dropped.

Keeping my thoughts under a cut:

Holy cow. I think Mulder's going to ask to marry her! It sounds like a conversation leading in that direction.

And there's a line that I'd never thought I'd ever say with this show.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; March 9th, 2018 at 12:31 am.
Old March 10th, 2018, 6:02 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
What did you guys think of "Followers"?

I wasn't too thrilled with it at first acting wise, but as it went along it got a bit better and Mr. Chuckle Teeth scared the baloney out of me.
I thought "Followers" was kind of a dark humor commentary on the possible problems with technology when we give away too much control.
Aside from the problem w/the creepy random laugh by Alexa this week, while at dinner with my sister recently, Alexa kept saying she didn't understand (request was a music play) and eventually she said to "try again later" and stopped responding to even her name prompt.

And I'm with you on Mr. Chuckle Teeth, he was scarier than the hound at the gates of hell !!

Also... new trailer has dropped.

Keeping my thoughts under a cut:

Holy cow. I think Mulder's going to ask to marry her! It sounds like a conversation leading in that direction.

And there's a line that I'd never thought I'd ever say with this show.
I think you may be right. There seems to be a lot packed into that last episode.

Old March 13th, 2018, 5:44 am

Quote:
I think you may be right. There seems to be a lot packed into that last episode.
Ah. Yea I kind of viewed it that way too. The world has gotten way too dependent on technology these days.

Yea. And he reminded me of Pee Wee Herman big time! Talk about bringing back memories! Any scariness aside, his look and his set reminded me of it.

Definitely. Seems as if the next two episodes are going to be busy.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; March 13th, 2018 at 6:17 am.
Old March 15th, 2018, 6:18 am

Just saw tonights' ep... didn't really like it all that much. Too gory. Loved Mulder's jokes about his glasses though.

What about you guys? Thoughts?

Came across this very well thought out post about Scully and possible pregnancy via Tumblr:

Quote:
theresa-nemmans-body

Plus One could have an alternate meaning referring to a pregnancy. In this episode, Mulder & Scully stay in a motel called St. Rachel. She’s a character in the Bible who has a pregnancy late in life that was thought to be impossible. Why give the motel this name? Nothing happens on TV by accident. It’s definitely foreshadowing. Also, Judy tells Scully she’s dried up and beyond her reproductive years. What’s the point of this dialogue? What does this have to do with doppelgangers? Absolutely nothing, so it has to refer to something else. Again, more foreshadowing.

Then Mulder and Scully have unexpected and presumably unprotected sex a few times at the St. Rachel Motel. They inexplicably talk about Scully having another baby. Scully says her one pregnancy was a miracle. Mulder seems to think she could get pregnant again through science. Why have this conversation at all? Again, this has nothing to do with the episode, but it has to mean something, and must be more foreshadowing.

In Nothing Lasts Forever, something is weighing very heavily on Scully’s mind. So much that she needs to go to church three times and light candles. Mulder shows up and he and Scully talk about miracles. The only time Mulder and Scully ever discuss miracles is when referring to her pregnancy with William. It’s like “miracle” is code for Scully getting pregnant.

Scully seems really hesitant to get involved in the case. She holds back from entering the apartment. Was she trying to avoid a dangerous situation because she knows or suspects she’s pregnant? She and Mulder also have a conversation in the church where he talks about what her life could have been and again brings up her having other children. They are standing in front of a stained glass of Mary holding a baby surrounded by children.

Again, nothing is said or seen on TV by accident. There must be a purpose for talking about Scully having other children. Scully asks Mulder if they are together. It seemed she needs to know where they are at because if she suspects she’s pregnant again her decision about what to do or say has much to do with the status of their relationship. Scully says she has a leap of faith going forward that she would like to do together. It sounds like she means being a couple again and could mean raising this child together.

But we don’t hear what she whispers and I don’t think she says she’s pregnant based on Mulder’s response. But all of this talk could be to reunite them and let us know where they stand as a couple before bringing another baby into the picture. Meanwhile, this all occurs in an episode about the fountain of youth, which Scully must possess for her to be pregnant in her 50s. Then Gillian tweets about impregnation–only by a blob fish. Is she lowkey spoiling a pregnancy reveal or making light of the theory? We’ve seen pictures of the finale where it appears Mulder’s hand is on her belly. On TV, this always means a pregnancy.

Again, touching a woman’s belly is code for her being pregnant. Scully also appears to be staying away from the action. Now more than ever, she needs Mulder to come back alive. Maybe because the last time she found out she was pregnant he died. It’s just an interesting thing for her to say and seems to mean something more than the obvious. There is a clip where Scully is leaning over and appears to be sick.

This could be about sensing William’s pain/seizures or it could be morning sickness. Scully and Skinner appear to have a conversation in the car where he reveals what CSM said about being William’s father. What’s the point of CSM making this claim other than to put fans on edge about whether this could be true? To bring up the science/experimentation that allowed Scully to get pregnant in the first place.

And why does that matter all these years later? Because that same science explains how Scully is able to get pregnant again. Also, William’s stem cells are supposedly the key to stopping the alien invasion by making a vaccine. Which is why CSM wants William, to prevent this from happening. But CSM never considered that if Scully has another child, it would also have stem cells capable of producing a vaccine. And these stem cells could be extracted from amniotic fluid. These are reasons I believe Scully is pregnant.

Source: skinny-gillian
Source: https://theresa-nemmans-body.tumblr....what-do-people

Credit goes to both skinny-gillian and theresa-newmans-body for this.

She brings up a lot of very good points here. Valid ones.

A new interview via David, be warned though... there's VERY strong language within.

http://www.nme.com/music-interviews/...-music-2264596

What I'm quoting here has been modified.

Quote:
Finally, last year Gillian Anderson said the current series of X-Files would be her last, how about you? Where does that put you?
“I don’t know where it puts me!”

Is it possible to do the show without her?
“If they can do it without me they can do it without anybody. I think they could do it without both of us! They can do it without Chris Carter, anything can be done.”

So the current series isn’t necessarily the last?
“No, what happens is when we’re dead and they want to do more X Files? Who can bleeping say! I don’t know.”
Guess who's tired of XF questions now too!

Can't say I blame him though.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; March 15th, 2018 at 7:04 pm.
Old March 16th, 2018, 7:44 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Just saw tonights' ep... didn't really like it all that much. Too gory. Loved Mulder's jokes about his glasses though.

What about you guys? Thoughts?
I agree, this week's episode was very macabre.

Regarding any supposed clues from the episode, I don't particularly agree with the commentary posted. I don't know if you're the traditional Christian church sort (I was raised Catholic), but Mary holding a baby in a stained glass window is extremely common -- sometimes there are multiple depictions in the same church. Maybe the best shot for the candle lighting scene was simply that side of the church, or if on purpose I'd guess it only is because Scully wants to find and stay with her son.

I think that Scully has spending time thinking about William and what to do, even if it means she does it alone and it's clear she & Mulder hadn't talked about it at that point. It's also about what she (and Mulder ironically) believes, and a church is the perfect metaphor especially as we know religion is important to Scully. But they both seem to be more focused on each other and their relationship rather than their job in this episode. In the first church visit, Mulder waits in a pew a few rows back rather than going outside or ahead to the next step in the investigation.

I'm not sure where the comment about Skinner telling Scully about CSM's comments comes from, I don't think that actually happened.

It does seem obvious that Scully & Mulder will go find William, and what happens next isn't clear. It is a bit alarming to see a scene where Mulder appears to be standing in front of CSM who's holding a gun (I say "appears" because we've been misdirected before of course). However if that is an accurate scene, do you think that: a) Mulder will be shot dead; b) Scully will shoot CSM (we do see a conversation where Mulder can't get through to William and Scully on the phone says "he'll listen to me"); c) Skinner has been following CSM and shoots him dead, or d) new face Jeffrey Spender has been following CSM and shoots him. I guess there could also be a possibility that Reyes kills CSM.

One more week.....

Old March 16th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Quote:
I agree, this week's episode was very macabre.

Regarding any supposed clues from the episode, I don't particularly agree with the commentary posted. I don't know if you're the traditional Christian church sort (I was raised Catholic), but Mary holding a baby in a stained glass window is extremely common -- sometimes there are multiple depictions in the same church. Maybe the best shot for the candle lighting scene was simply that side of the church, or if on purpose I'd guess it only is because Scully wants to find and stay with her son.

I think that Scully has spending time thinking about William and what to do, even if it means she does it alone and it's clear she & Mulder hadn't talked about it at that point. It's also about what she (and Mulder ironically) believes, and a church is the perfect metaphor especially as we know religion is important to Scully. But they both seem to be more focused on each other and their relationship rather than their job in this episode. In the first church visit, Mulder waits in a pew a few rows back rather than going outside or ahead to the next step in the investigation.

I'm not sure where the comment about Skinner telling Scully about CSM's comments comes from, I don't think that actually happened.

It does seem obvious that Scully & Mulder will go find William, and what happens next isn't clear. It is a bit alarming to see a scene where Mulder appears to be standing in front of CSM who's holding a gun (I say "appears" because we've been misdirected before of course). However if that is an accurate scene, do you think that: a) Mulder will be shot dead; b) Scully will shoot CSM (we do see a conversation where Mulder can't get through to William and Scully on the phone says "he'll listen to me"); c) Skinner has been following CSM and shoots him dead, or d) new face Jeffrey Spender has been following CSM and shoots him. I guess there could also be a possibility that Reyes kills CSM.

One more week.....

Yea they went too far.

Was baptized Catholic and grew up Presbyterian, so I'm familiar with it. Their churches were similar enough. But the XF doesn't usually use symbolism lightly. They're part time owners of the Acme Anvil company!

Maybe it was best there light wise. Maybe it was for symbolism. We'll most likely never know.

Could be that.

You're close on the guesses.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 2:22 am

Just saw the episode.

Hated it.

Surprise! Scully is pregnant!

CSM gets shot and killed.

William is a you know what.

Chris Carter is a douche.

I'm way over this show.

Old March 24th, 2018, 4:16 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Just saw the episode.

Hated it.

Surprise! Scully is pregnant!

CSM gets shot and killed.

William is a you know what.

Chris Carter is a douche.

I'm way over this show.
Ok, do you hate the episode or perhaps the likely fact that there will be no more x-files with Scully & Mulder? -- personally, I don't think there can be an x-files without Scully & Mulder and I wouldn't watch anything Carter might write without them. The way I see it, it's better we have 10 & 11 than just where the original series left us with nothing clearly answered.

Yes, Scully is pregnant. It could have gone either way, really, because the doctors that were complicit with the program constantly lied to her (in addition to abusing her), and/or they could have been mistaken but as they didn't care if any of the women lived or not they wouldn't have made an effort to find out.

I think practically anyone could have killed CSM, but perhaps this was the better outcome; for William who wants everyone to believe he's dead and be left alone; for CSM who deserves to have Mulder shoot him 5 times on principle alone, but also Mulder thought he killed William & shot whom he thought was Mulder; and it was satisfying as a viewer to have the look of surprise on CSM's face as he realized he'd lost the game in the end (earlier you could see a worried look on CSM's face as he reached for the cellphone left for him, not knowing if it would be there, he looked vulnerable for a change).

I think it was karma that Reyes got killed with a stray bullet, as she could have chosen to take out CSM before things got too far along. It was good that Skinner made the choice to go rogue at the end knowing odds were he'd be killed --- although I'm actually not sure that he was killed, he may just have been seriously injured and unconscious, it wasn't completely clear.

As far as William, what do you mean by "a you know what"? I think it's safe to say that he's part human (Scully's egg) and part alien. He seems to be similar in theory to a super soldier but completely organic, and he can clearly do things super soldiers could not. Also, he wanted everyone to believe he was dead, including Mulder and Scully, yet watches them when he thinks (knows?) they aren't looking in his direction -- I'd have to see it again, but I believe he's glad they're both alive and together.

I think it was interesting that Scully leaked the information on CSM's plot to the media in case they failed to stop him in the end. Ironically I think that was likely what made Skinner realize that the threat was real and imminent and forced his decision.

Old March 24th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Quote:
Ok, do you hate the episode or perhaps the likely fact that there will be no more x-files with Scully & Mulder? -- personally, I don't think there can be an x-files without Scully & Mulder and I wouldn't watch anything Carter might write without them. The way I see it, it's better we have 10 & 11 than just where the original series left us with nothing clearly answered.

Yes, Scully is pregnant. It could have gone either way, really, because the doctors that were complicit with the program constantly lied to her (in addition to abusing her), and/or they could have been mistaken but as they didn't care if any of the women lived or not they wouldn't have made an effort to find out.

I think practically anyone could have killed CSM, but perhaps this was the better outcome; for William who wants everyone to believe he's dead and be left alone; for CSM who deserves to have Mulder shoot him 5 times on principle alone, but also Mulder thought he killed William & shot whom he thought was Mulder; and it was satisfying as a viewer to have the look of surprise on CSM's face as he realized he'd lost the game in the end (earlier you could see a worried look on CSM's face as he reached for the cellphone left for him, not knowing if it would be there, he looked vulnerable for a change).

I think it was karma that Reyes got killed with a stray bullet, as she could have chosen to take out CSM before things got too far along. It was good that Skinner made the choice to go rogue at the end knowing odds were he'd be killed --- although I'm actually not sure that he was killed, he may just have been seriously injured and unconscious, it wasn't completely clear.

As far as William, what do you mean by "a you know what"? I think it's safe to say that he's part human (Scully's egg) and part alien. He seems to be similar in theory to a super soldier but completely organic, and he can clearly do things super soldiers could not. Also, he wanted everyone to believe he was dead, including Mulder and Scully, yet watches them when he thinks (knows?) they aren't looking in his direction -- I'd have to see it again, but I believe he's glad they're both alive and together.

I think it was interesting that Scully leaked the information on CSM's plot to the media in case they failed to stop him in the end. Ironically I think that was likely what made Skinner realize that the threat was real and imminent and forced his decision.

The former. Hands down. Hated how she had no reaction to talking to Mulder about their own first son. It made me very angry. Strongly disagree with you there. At least that ending had hope. This one was depressing to say the least.

As for William... I meant he's a swear word I can't say here. I hope that clears things up. I really hated him.

I'd hope... but going by what CC said, William is an anti-hero.

http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/new...-my-struggle-4

This interview that XFN had recently with Chris, goes into a bit more detail about William, the pregnancy, etc..

I'm living!

Gillian really didn't like the finale.

Hold onto your seats guys. Shots fired.

https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/977221356893941760

Facepalming Scully and all. She really didn't like it.

I respect her for doing so.

She's been entertaining and doing some great promotion. Heck she even leaked the pregnancy ahead of time!

https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/974087846985334784

And after that... she said her thoughts on it continuing.

https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/976522707184517122

And then on the final scene itself.

https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/976623766016004096

Resigned says a lot there. That she doesn't like it.

He managed to make it a joyless experience. He's a complete narcissistic jerk. And like Drumpf in the fact that he does not listen to reason.

Gillian tried to convince him of a better way for the 6 episodes to go in s10 and he just wouldn't budge from that damn formula that 1013 is so obsessed with.

Found something via Tumblr that says a lot:

emceecapitalc
A couple of years ago, I read an article where Gillian was reflecting on season 10. She said that she initially suggested Chris weave a single story through the six episodes they had to work with rather than try to do a mini season of stand-alone episodes. She suggested this based on her experience with The Fall and the fact that peopleís tv-watching habits have changed since 1993. But then, she said, Chris had convinced her that old school X-Files way was what people wanted so they decided to go ahead and do season 10 with four stand-alone episodes book-ended by The Struggles. The critics panned it and CC excused himself by saying that they just didnít have enough episodes to do a good season when, in reality, they probably could have done a really great 6-episode mini-series had he listened to Gillian and actually had the ability to tell a thorough story.

Based on that small little exchange, I theorized that CC treats Gillian as if she is still the same 24-year old girl who is clueless about how television works when in fact, no one affiliated with the show has their finger on the pulse of pop culture and X-Files fans in particular more than Gillian Anderson. In the last couple of years she has engaged with us more via social media and comic cons than anyone else andÖshe listens. She pays attention. But I also think that maybe up until this year, Gillian was willing to sit back and play that role of clueless 24-year old deferring to Chrisís wisdom becauseÖhey..donít we all sort of revert to our old roles when we get back around people who knew us way back when we were clueless kids? Itís hard to change that dynamic. Sometimes the only way to do it is to walk away and spend more time with people who will treat you like the grown-butt (not the original word) woman that you are.

Really, all Iím saying is this is probably exactly how it went down in Season 11 and once again, Gillian was right.

Sources: https://stupideffinbee.tumblr.com/po...anaqueerscully and emceecapitalc

Word. I can't even watch any of the episodes right now.

Granted I'll pick up s11 for the good ones, the BTS and the gag/blooper reel. But other than that, good bye and good riddance to that poop pie.

I'm honestly speechless as well at the fact that both David and Gillian didn't get that scene until the last minute. So they didn't have enough time to be able to do better performances. That said, I don't envy them. That scene made me cringe in terms of some things.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...-offs-and-more

Once again I'm angry.

Screw him.

Quote:
When did you tell David and Gillian how the season would end, and did they want to know?

There's a tremendous amount of trust between the actors and me, and so I withheld everything until the end. I let David read the script before I let Gillian, because I wanted her to not quite understand what was happening to Scully. I gave them both the script without the last four pages. I actually withheld those pages until just before we shot, so they didn't know where it was going. And I did that purposefully.

Wow! They are both pros, but even then how long did it take to then land those last four pages during the shoot?

You will appreciate that those scenes at the end of that pier were shot between two and five in the morning. We were all tired. They were all very cold, but I can tell you we were also very glad that the weather was great, the wind was calm, it wasn't raining. It could've rained on our parade literally.
Source: syfy.com

Still dragging CC.

My final round of auction items with all proceeds going to @nfnetwork! #makinglemonade

https://gillianaofficial.tumblr.com/...oncharity-ebay

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; March 26th, 2018 at 5:35 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television