Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone

What did they do with Voldemort's body?

Old August 14th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Suteki da ne

Re: What did they do with Voldemort's body?

I'm really not liking the ideas of marking his burial or place of ashes...I'm guessing his would be a very remote location

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2011, 5:43 pm
First Year

in the movie he exploded whats with that?

Old August 16th, 2011, 5:47 pm
Fourth Year

I don't think they will disrespect the body...
Maybe cremation or a burial. I am not sure where, but Harry hardly seems to be the type of person to mock Voldemort when he is dead. A quiet burial would be ideal.

Old August 16th, 2011, 5:55 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimzie View Post
Fiendfyre seems appropriate.

His mother wasn't buried there but ooooh what irony to bury him in a muggle cemetery next to his muggle father!
Ha Ha totally

Old August 16th, 2011, 6:32 pm
Second Year

Maybe burn him, and scatter his ashes into the Great Lake.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old August 16th, 2011, 8:27 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacuum View Post
They should throw it in that lake in the cave. Let the inferi do what they want.
I don't think that would be advisable considering what could happen if an Inferi got hold of the body. Can they ever leave the cave?

Old August 16th, 2011, 9:25 pm
First Year

It's entirely possible that, with his death, the magic used on the corpses will cease. Now it's just a lake full of dead bodies.

As for what happened to Voldemort's body, they put it in an honorary glass case for all new students to admire.

It's a one up on the old "Voldemort Portrait" debate.

Old August 16th, 2011, 9:46 pm
First Year

I always had the thought that Voldemort would have just been placed along with the other fallen death eaters at Hogwarts and not treated specially or differently, and that all the death eater's bodies would have been cremated.

Or maybe Voldemort could have even been buried somewhere in the forbidden forest in an unmarked grave... though that begs the question of what would happen if a wild animal happened to stumble across the plot and decide to dig a little *shudder*

Old August 16th, 2011, 9:55 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffindormagic View Post
Burn it then destroy the ashes
Remember, they're wizards - no need for burning and scattering ashes, just Vanish the body! It's the Wizarding World equivalent of what the US did with Bin Laden.

Old August 16th, 2011, 10:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinemortophobia View Post
Or maybe Voldemort could have even been buried somewhere in the forbidden forest in an unmarked grave... though that begs the question of what would happen if a wild animal happened to stumble across the plot and decide to dig a little *shudder*
Well, in DH it says they moved Voldemort out of the Great Hall. After that, I would imagine they would have completely gotten rid of the body, whether it be by vanishing it or cremating it. I doubt they would have buried it, simply because of the small possibility of someone or something digging it up.

Proud Ravenclaw
(Both CoS and Jo agree)

Pottermore: RoseSparks

Wand: Ash with Unicorn; 10 3/4 inches; hard

Finally a Pottermore Beta Tester August 29!
Old August 18th, 2011, 8:03 pm
First Year

Give it to Filtch to hang in his office with them chains he always talks about. ;D

Old September 5th, 2011, 8:14 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVoldemort12 View Post
in the movie he exploded whats with that?
I would have preferred for him to just have fallen backwards and landed with a small cloud of dust kicking up. But I think the movie was SO bad *** I can't really complain about much in DH2.

Old September 5th, 2011, 5:55 pm
First Year

Didn't you watch the movie... It vanished

Old January 18th, 2017, 7:24 am
First Year

What a great question! I think when the movie had him fall to ashes, it was a metaphor for how little human was left in him after all those horcruxes. Anyway, cremation sounds right to me. I've always wondered if the fiend fire is still burning in the room of requirement. Wouldn't it be a fitting place to leave what little was left of Voldy? He should be pleased, after all, he spent most of his life trying to get back into Hogwarts, so now he could be interred there in perpetuity.

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out." Ray Bradbury
Old January 20th, 2017, 3:06 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWZRD View Post
What a great question! I think when the movie had him fall to ashes, it was a metaphor for how little human was left in him after all those horcruxes. Anyway, cremation sounds right to me. I've always wondered if the fiend fire is still burning in the room of requirement. Wouldn't it be a fitting place to leave what little was left of Voldy? He should be pleased, after all, he spent most of his life trying to get back into Hogwarts, so now he could be interred there in perpetuity.
I think Ron opined (and the other two seemed to agree) that the Room of Requirement might well not work after the Fiendfyre got to it.

The movie's depiction of this final battle was grander, and yet the aftermath more somber, than it was shown in the book. It felt more realistic, and yet I found myself hankering for the more celebratory atmosphere in the book, when all Hogwarts seemed to be clamoring for a piece of Harry Potter, and it was necessary for Luna (?) to find Harry a way out of the mosh pit.

I tend to agree with those who say that he was buried, simply and without much ceremony, in the cemetery at Little Hangleton. Burying him there would not, I don't think, be an act of vindictiveness by Harry, but rather an act of compassion, who understood better than most the lure of family. He might feel that, in death at least, Tom Riddle could feel a modicum of the belonging he sought, but which his thirst for a glorious pedigree prevented him from accepting.

Cornets acoustiques et de glace!

Pottermore Beta Tester, First Batch (2011-08-15)
ChaserQuaffle211
Ravenclaw (about what I expected)
14-1/2 inches, redwood with phoenix feather core, brittle
Russian blue cat
Old March 5th, 2017, 6:32 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTung View Post
... in the cemetery at Little Hangleton. Burying him there would not, I don't think, be an act of vindictiveness by Harry, but rather an act of compassion, who understood better than most the lure of family. He might feel that, in death at least, Tom Riddle could feel a modicum of the belonging he sought, but which his thirst for a glorious pedigree prevented him from accepting.
Some nice thoughts there.
... and an interesting line of inquiry. How did his orphan status influence Riddle's course of action? Perhaps compare and contrast with the other prominent orphan...

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out." Ray Bradbury
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone