Hawaii vs Georgia

Orange
VT vs Kansas

Rose
USC vs Illinois

Fiesta
Oklahoma vs WVU

The big loser, Missouri.

All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2007, 9:18 pm
Second Year

Re: NCAA Football thread

Yeah, Missouri did get kind of, well I'm not gonna say it because it'll just get censored anyway. I was kind of surprised that Illinois got invited to the Rose Bowl. I know that the Rose Bowl is typically Pac-10 vs Big Ten, but I guess I expected them to change it up this year since it couldn't be Ohio State and the Big Ten didn't really have any other BCS level teams this year. I guess Illinois's big win over Ohio State really helped them. It was nice to see Hawaii get a BCS invitation after their undefeated season, but I would have liked to have them get the Rose Bowl invitation, since it has a bit more prestige than the Sugar Bowl.

I'm not a Harry Potter addict. I choose to go to conventions, theme parks, book release parties and movie premiers and to spend hundreds of dollars per year on licensed merchandise. Continuously reading, discussing and analyzing the books is simply a hobby. I can stop any time I want to. No, I really mean it. Seriously. Addicts can't stop. That's the difference between me and an addict.

GalleonSickle4 on Pottermore
Wand- 13" Beech and Dragon Heartstring, unbending
Proud student of House
Old December 4th, 2007, 1:52 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastHorcrux View Post
Yeah, Missouri did get kind of, well I'm not gonna say it because it'll just get censored anyway. I was kind of surprised that Illinois got invited to the Rose Bowl. I know that the Rose Bowl is typically Pac-10 vs Big Ten, but I guess I expected them to change it up this year since it couldn't be Ohio State and the Big Ten didn't really have any other BCS level teams this year. I guess Illinois's big win over Ohio State really helped them. It was nice to see Hawaii get a BCS invitation after their undefeated season, but I would have liked to have them get the Rose Bowl invitation, since it has a bit more prestige than the Sugar Bowl.
You, my friend, have proven that you are clearly the smartest, wisest and most "akamae" guy in the entire Forum! I'm not just saying that because you also believe that Hawaii should be in the Rose Bowl over Ill (I hear USC plans on making the game interesting by not watching any game film or wearing any cleats - just to make it sporting)! Yep, now I gotta break into my kid's college account to pay for airfare and hotel to New Orleans during New Years.... I could just buy a bigger HDTV instead!

Go Warriors!!

Old February 2nd, 2008, 7:37 pm
First Year

My favorite team is Nebraska. I am a die hard fan.

Hermione Granger & Ginny Weasley
Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:36 am
Curse Breaker

Well, as with ND, it's been tough sledding for Nebraska in football recently. I wish them luck, particularly because ND hasn't scheduled them.

It was interesting that Missouri's running back took the game over completely instead of the vaunted passing attack. It was an almost total surprise that this little-known workhorse broke the Cotton Bowl record for rushing yards.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old April 4th, 2008, 2:45 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Well, as with ND, it's been tough sledding for Nebraska in football recently. I wish them luck, particularly because ND hasn't scheduled them.

It was interesting that Missouri's running back took the game over completely instead of the vaunted passing attack. It was an almost total surprise that this little-known workhorse broke the Cotton Bowl record for rushing yards.
Did it take you 3 whole months to come up with that analysis?

All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Old April 4th, 2008, 4:43 pm
Curse Breaker

No, it took 45 seconds--as you can tell. Since nothing reportable is going on right now (I don't have meaningful access to spring practice and the fight for this year's recruiting class is over)--this was me reacting to dropping in and seeing I could offer an appropriate response to a thread that was dead and will continue to be...for another four months, anway.

Old September 14th, 2008, 2:14 pm
Curse Breaker

Looks like it falls to me to restart this thread--after a more than five month hiatus. I know double-posting is frowned upon--but come on--we're three weeks in to the college football season and there's no diehard Big Ten, PAC Ten, Big Twelve, or SEC movement here.

Well, the PAC Ten (aside from the Trojans) had a rough week. Losses to Baylor, BYU, and Oklahoma.

I am certainly over the moon about ND's comfortable win over Michigan (who seemed content to self-destruct). It could (maybe should) have been even more lopsided.

Looks like all USC has to do to get to the title game is stay focused (but they've had problems with that recently).

Old September 14th, 2008, 4:23 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Posting twice in a row five months apart is nothing we really care about

I turned from OSU / USC to Fresno St / UW last night after USC made it quite clear who was better. For the Big 10, at least, their only hope of someone in the title game is UW running the slate. No 1-loss team will get a chance after USC showed OSU who's boss.

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old September 14th, 2008, 5:35 pm
Second Year

Not a big OSU fan here. (but I hate USC) When the game started I didn't care too much who won, but that was embarrassing. I've known since the preseason rankings came out that Ohio State has been overrated, but I didn't think they were THAT bad.

The Big Ten has no chance of producing the National Champions this year. Wisconsin won't go undefeated. But they will send somebody, most likely Wisconsin, to one of the 4 major bowl games. They won't deserve it, but the BCS bowl format guarantees it. They have really fallen behind in the last few years. What's happened to schools like Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan? Even Purdue and Iowa are historically competitive with the other football powerhouses.

I'm not a Harry Potter addict. I choose to go to conventions, theme parks, book release parties and movie premiers and to spend hundreds of dollars per year on licensed merchandise. Continuously reading, discussing and analyzing the books is simply a hobby. I can stop any time I want to. No, I really mean it. Seriously. Addicts can't stop. That's the difference between me and an addict.

Proud student of House
Old September 15th, 2008, 3:04 am
Curse Breaker

I think you aren't giving Penn State enough credit, but I think what happened is that the college game has gone through two evolutions since the '80s, and the Big Ten never felt it necessary to embark on those changes. As a result, the offenses are--unimaginative and the personnel is less versatile. After Rodriguez has a chance to recruit, things might change. However, the conference as a whole seems behind the times at the moment.

Old September 23rd, 2008, 5:20 am
Second Year

Anybody else hear about the injury to Dante Love? He was the Ball State receiver that broke his spine on Saturday against Indiana. I didn't know a whole lot about him, but he was apparently a first round prospect for next year's NFL draft. I was watching the game on Big Ten Network and it was a bad hit. He and Indiana CB Chris Adkins both put their heads down and it ended up being a hard helmet-to-helmet hit. It looked like it was a freak accident with no malicious intent on either players' part.

Anyway, it sounds like he will be OK, but his football career is over.

Proud student of House
Old October 5th, 2008, 2:14 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

I hear the same about Dante Love - that he'll be fine but football is likely over

This week's sign of the apocolypse: Vanderbilt is atop the SEC East by a game after beating Auburn. As one of their student's signs said:
"The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth"

I wonder if this year will turn out like last year...last weekend the carnage began, and at least one of Texas or Oklahoma is going to lose next weekend, knocking another top 5 off the unbeaten perch.

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old November 14th, 2008, 8:33 pm
Curse Breaker

Strange doings this year. Ball State undefeated and clawing at the door of the BCS. Utah hanging on by their fingernails not once but twice so far. Bama and Texas Tech 1-2 in the polls. Carroll is going to have to teach his squads about giving 100% effort every game. They still get bit every once in awhile by this "play down to the competition" bug and it's cost them at least two titles.

Old March 29th, 2009, 1:36 am
Fourth Year

I still don't understand the whole bowl thing, give me the smaller schools like APP, where it makes sense

Old June 19th, 2009, 9:27 pm
First Year

Is anyone else here a Florida Gator fan.

Gryffindor
Old June 20th, 2009, 6:06 am
Second Year

I'm a UNM Lobos fan. But I do go for the Gators because Urban Meyer coached in the Mountain West Conference at Utah before Florida.

Old June 21st, 2009, 12:31 am
Fourth Year

Booo gators lol
Miami Hurricanes ftw

Old June 22nd, 2009, 2:17 am
First Year

Nicee Nicee and OMG your a HURRICANE FAN

Gryffindor
Old September 12th, 2009, 3:46 am
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

Anybody here a Notre Dame fan??? I had to learn to like football in self-defense. My husband was a huge fan, and, it was a matter of, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." I love college football. There's something about football and fall that just belong together.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports