Ron and Hermione's kiss
Fred's death
The Prince's Tale, especially "Look at me" and "always"
The Forest Again
Pansy's line and everyone standing up to defend harry
Narcissa lying to Voldemort
Neville's epic moment and killing Nagini
Molly's infamous line
And the very ending, which i have all planned out in my head, where the kids get on the train and it drives into the distance, with Hedwig's theme playing.

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2010, 6:51 am
First Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

My hopes aren't complicated. I want the beautiful sceneries to be beautiful, the scary scenes to be scary, the epic battles to be epic and the sad deaths to be sad.

I would also like to give everyone a challenge:
Daniel - to make the audience feel for him when he dies
Emma - to make her character evolve from teenage brat to wise young woman
Rupert - to have lines
Yates - to overcome his flaws as a director and to generate a critical consensus
Kloves - to give every character its moment of glory
Serra - to best Delbonnel and himself (disappointingly, he didn't in Part 1)
Desplat - to use trombone and to be innovative (so I'm basically asking him to become Hans Zimmer)

So I can die happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Bluish View Post
Really hoping they give "The Wandmaker" chapter in DH some justice, as Ollivander's explanation of wandlore is vital for understanding the elder wand.
Yeah but that would also be awesome if the last film could get away without much exposition dialogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Bluish View Post
I am just worried that they focus to much on the Deathly Hallows too much as I remember from the trailer Harry asks Ollivander about the Deathly Hallows and Ollivander says: "it is rumored there are 3". - Where as in the book Ollivander has never heard of the DH's.
Well, a little reminder of what the movie title means wouldn't hurt.

Old November 28th, 2010, 8:12 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage_xx View Post
Things that I will kill Yates if he messes them up:
Ron and Hermione's kiss
Fred's death
The Forest Again
Molly's infamous line
And the very ending, which i have all planned out in my head, where the kids get on the train and it drives into the distance, with Hedwig's theme playing.
Thats a tall order...but I agree

Old November 28th, 2010, 9:15 pm
Second Year

[quote=Cabbage_xx;5659321]The Prince's Tale, especially "Look at me" and "always"[quote]

can anyone explain to me what these lines are about?

i would re-read the chapter but unfortunately i'm at uni at the mo and my harry potter books are on the other side of the country...

Until the very end.
Old November 28th, 2010, 9:18 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorey1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage_xx
can anyone explain to me what these lines are about?

i would re-read the chapter but unfortunately i'm at uni at the mo and my harry potter books are on the other side of the country...
Harry has Lily's eyes and when Snape is dying, all he wants is to look "Her" in the eyes again, it's the last thing he wants to see before he dies. I think it's quite endearing if you ask me

Quote:
“Look . . . at . . . me. . . .” he whispered.
The green eyes found the black, but after a second, something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, blank, and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more. ~ page 674
"always"
Quote:
“But this is touching, Severus,” said Dumbledore seriously. “Have you grown to care for the boy, after all?”
“For him?” shouted Snape. “Expecto Patronum!”
From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: She landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
“After all this time?”
“Always,” said Snape. ~ page 701

Wand: 12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring: Your wand is longer than average, with a flexible and long-lasting wood. Dragon Heartstring is a common Ollivander core. Your wand is ideal for jinxes and hexes

Patronus: Wolf: You work best in a close support group and are fiercely loyal to those you love. You are unbeatable in a group and incredibly strong even alone due to your cunning at getting the job done.

Last edited by Midnightfantasy; November 28th, 2010 at 9:26 pm.
Old November 28th, 2010, 9:30 pm
Second Year

thanks!

it all makes sense to me now.

...although i do wonder whether this whole repetition thing of "you've got your mother's eyes" was planted by Rowling for this exact scene?

in that case, yates really better make sure the snape scenes are well done!

Until the very end.
Old November 28th, 2010, 9:33 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorey1 View Post
thanks!

it all makes sense to me now.

...although i do wonder whether this whole repetition thing of "you've got your mother's eyes" was planted by Rowling for this exact scene?

in that case, yates really better make sure the snape scenes are well done!
He better or I might go Avada Kadavra on his ***. I really want the people to leave the theater knowing Snape was really on Dumbeldore's side all along. I want him to due right by Snape's character.

Wand: 12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring: Your wand is longer than average, with a flexible and long-lasting wood. Dragon Heartstring is a common Ollivander core. Your wand is ideal for jinxes and hexes

Patronus: Wolf: You work best in a close support group and are fiercely loyal to those you love. You are unbeatable in a group and incredibly strong even alone due to your cunning at getting the job done.
Old November 30th, 2010, 1:57 pm
First Year

I think I'm most looking forward to everything regarding The Prince's Tale.
But am I the only one who is slightly worried that there seems to be no sign of a child Severus being cast? They have child Lily (and Sirius) but no Severus, which doesn't really make sense, if they intend to tell Snape's story including young Lily. That confuses me.
Nevertheless, I still hope they pull off this story well. (And of course I am eager to see Rickman's performance which I'm sure will be amazing. =D)

Also, the scene where Harry goes into the forest and uses the resurrection stone. For me it's one of the most emotional parts of the book and I hope they (especially Daniel) are able to convey these emotions to the screen.

Those are the parts I anticipate the most, but overall I just cannot wait to see the whole movie. DH part 1 left such a good impression and I have high hopes for the 2nd part.

Old November 30th, 2010, 6:19 pm
Third Year

I just remembered a part I was really looking forward to seeing on film when I read the book and that is Percy's return in the Battle of Hogwarts. I cheered so loudly when he returned and you can tell his brothers are so happy to have him back. "Hello, Minister! Have I mentioned I'm resigning?" - oh, how I hope they keep that. Of course the joy and humor is short lived...but still...I love Percy's return and am really looking forward to seeing it.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old November 30th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
I just remembered a part I was really looking forward to seeing on film when I read the book and that is Percy's return in the Battle of Hogwarts. I cheered so loudly when he returned and you can tell his brothers are so happy to have him back. "Hello, Minister! Have I mentioned I'm resigning?" - oh, how I hope they keep that. Of course the joy and humor is short lived...but still...I love Percy's return and am really looking forward to seeing it.
I really hope they'll put this in but I'm not sure. They never really clarified what happened between Percy and the Weasleys, although there have been hints...

Old November 30th, 2010, 9:27 pm
Seventh Year

Knowing that the Ron/Hermione kiss doesn't have the same kind of intensity as the locket Harry/Hermione kiss and we know Emma used tongue in her kiss with Rupert i am personally hoping for the Ron/Hermione kiss to be a lot like the kiss shared between Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair (only longer and better) .

Warning do not click on this link if 2 women kissing offends you (though i don't think anyone will have a problem with it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz5j-ssiTl0

Old November 30th, 2010, 9:39 pm
First Year

I am slightly worried about the Prince's Tale scene, which is one of my favourite scenes in the entire series...they missed out Lily's letter in part one which was a contributar into the sub-story, so I really hope they don't just skim over it all in Part 2, as it made me cry in the book. And I want there to be a real connection between Radcliffe and Rickman's eyes in Snape's death scene.

Also, the escape from Gringotts should be epic, and Fred's death [] must be tragic.

Old November 30th, 2010, 9:53 pm
Fourth Year

I'm not sure if I care all that much about including as many details as they can. I mean, yeah sure, It'd be nice if they could, but it really isn't that important to me. I think what means the most to me is the characters and spirit of the book remains intact.

Like, I want to feel thrilled during the Gringotts break-in, relieved when they escape on the dragon, devastated when Fred, Lupin and Tonks die. For me, the final chapters of the book were so, I don't know if it's the proper word, but cathartic. I want to experience that feeling again while watching the final movie. If they leave out details but can make me experience that feeling again, then they can go ahead and leave whatever they want.

Old November 30th, 2010, 10:07 pm
First Year

Quote:
Ron and Hermione's kiss
Fred's death
The Forest Again
Molly's infamous line
I agree with you, but I also want burglary in Gringotts, I want see a dragon when they escape. I hope that Ron/Hermione kiss wouldn't be like other kisses in HP. In Harry Potter there are so little kisses and no one of them didn't do right. I don't really know, is it so hard to do it better? I mean the all kisses have looked just too lame.
I hope see Sirius, Lily, James like ghosts and Snapes story, they absolutelly should screen that, it will explain everything.

Old December 1st, 2010, 6:52 am
First Year

They better end it good, since its the last HP movie, they better give it the credit it deserves.

Old December 1st, 2010, 11:48 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Ron and Hermione's kiss
Fred's death
The Forest Again
Molly's infamous line
Pansy has never made an appearance in the movies, nor has any girlfriend to Draco Malfoy. I wouldn't expect that part to make it into the movie.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:55 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriele87 View Post
Pansy has never made an appearance in the movies, nor has any girlfriend to Draco Malfoy. I wouldn't expect that part to make it into the movie.
Who is the girl with Draco in HBP on the train? They could just give that line to her. I did love that part in the book...

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old December 2nd, 2010, 1:26 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
Who is the girl with Draco in HBP on the train? They could just give that line to her. I did love that part in the book...
Isn't that Pansy?

Old December 2nd, 2010, 2:21 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Isn't that Pansy?
She was never recognized by name in the HBP film, but that is indeed Pansy. According to the HP Wiki, she's been in every other film besides CoS as well, though again, I don't recall her ever being named.

With the change in Harry arriving in the Great Hall while Snape is giving a speech, however, I don't know if this part will be kept in the film anyways.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 1:21 am
First Year

I really hope they include all the Weasley's reactions to Fred's death..because it's such a close family in the book and I hope they do it justice in the movie.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References