Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

Old December 3rd, 2010, 5:09 am
Second Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerliz88 View Post
I really hope they include all the Weasley's reactions to Fred's death..because it's such a close family in the book and I hope they do it justice in the movie.
yes, I hope for this, too. that was a truly emotional moment in the book and I would love for it to be just as emotional on-screen.

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2010, 8:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl2398 View Post
yes, I hope for this, too. that was a truly emotional moment in the book and I would love for it to be just as emotional on-screen.
Yeah same, really hope its in there.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 7:59 pm
Seventh Year

I hope they show everyone else's reaction to harry's death.

I wonder what the change is going to be in the 2nd part? I hope they don't change him faking his death (we still don't know why he is w voldemort when he says I have something worth living for)

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:38 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHP View Post
I hope they show everyone else's reaction to harry's death.

I wonder what the change is going to be in the 2nd part? I hope they don't change him faking his death (we still don't know why he is w voldemort when he says I have something worth living for)
Agreed, the reactions of everyone when they see an apparently dead Harry should be heartbreaking to see on film.

My guess on the big change is the extension of the final duel between Harry and Voldemort, including the "Why do you live" sequence mentioned above.

I suppose it could also be something to do with Wormtail or Snape's death sequences too. I know some people were worried that the major change would be Narcissa not being the one to lie to Voldemort, but that seems to have been eliminated as a possibility due to an interview with Helen McCrory.

Old December 4th, 2010, 4:48 am
First Year

Did they say there was going to be a big change in the 2nd part?

Old December 4th, 2010, 7:04 am
First Year

Quote:
Agreed, the reactions of everyone when they see an apparently dead Harry should be heartbreaking to see on film.
Agreed! Usually I don't mind the changes from the books to the movies, but I'm really particular about Deathly Hallows. If they don't include it I will be very disappointed.

Old December 4th, 2010, 7:05 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBlack101 View Post
I know some people were worried that the major change would be Narcissa not being the one to lie to Voldemort, but that seems to have been eliminated as a possibility due to an interview with Helen McCrory.

can you show us the interview? thanks!

Old December 6th, 2010, 12:54 pm
First Year

Hermione's hair was looking very long at the end of part 1 and it looks much shorter in part 2 from what I've seen, more than just her having tidied it away. So I'm thinking there might be a scene where Fleur cuts her hair for her, that will involve Ron and/or Harry in some way. I think that would be a pretty cute scene.

Also as has been speculated the mudblood carving on Hermione's arm will hopefully have at least a little significance.

The epilogue better not be cheesy either, in the book I liked the fact that it was there but it was sickeningly sweet. Lines like "the little family"...blurgh.

Last edited by fishorchips; December 6th, 2010 at 2:30 pm.
Old December 8th, 2010, 3:46 pm
First Year

I'm most likely in a tiny minority but I'm actually starting to feel as though I would rather they cut the epilogue altogether, or at least a 19 years in the future epilogue. I don't really have a great desire to see the characters looking older, no matter how well the make-up and effects might be, and I'm sure that between them the filmmakers could come up with a very good ending, showing that they have their whole lives to live in front of them without shoving it down our throats with an epilogue where everything has turned out rosy. What does the epilogue show? That Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione are happily married, that Draco has redeemed himself, that Harry is a good godfather to Teddy and that Harry believes Snape to be the bravest man he ever knew. That can all be hinted at otherwise, obviously not the actual marriage stuff but at least that they're together.

I could edit my last post but I feel like bumping the thread.

Old December 8th, 2010, 4:23 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishorchips View Post
Hermione's hair was looking very long at the end of part 1 and it looks much shorter in part 2 from what I've seen, more than just her having tidied it away. So I'm thinking there might be a scene where Fleur cuts her hair for her, that will involve Ron and/or Harry in some way. I think that would be a pretty cute scene.

Also as has been speculated the mudblood carving on Hermione's arm will hopefully have at least a little significance.

The epilogue better not be cheesy either, in the book I liked the fact that it was there but it was sickeningly sweet. Lines like "the little family"...blurgh.
I didn't think that the epilogue was that cheesy bookwise... but I too hope that they don't have it be that way (cheesy) in the movie.

Also, I hope they keep the part where Snape jumps through the window... 'Snape shaped hole in the window' ... that part still cracks me up .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old December 8th, 2010, 4:36 pm
Second Year

i think it would be cool if voldemort creates a dark mark, which hangs over the forest. Then you could have Minerva screaming and everyone in the castle and grounds turns to see it hanging in the sky.

i'm sure ron and hermione would put two and two together and figure out that Harry must have given himself up.

it would be even better if Harry's stag patronus staggers into the great hall, (where in the book everyone is sheltering), and everyone goes quiet as they watch the stag collapse to the ground and fade away.

It would be a great bit of symbolism, especially if they interweave shots of the stag falling with harry being hit by the killing curse in.....slow....motion....

Until the very end.
Old December 8th, 2010, 4:51 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorey1 View Post
i think it would be cool if voldemort creates a dark mark, which hangs over the forest. Then you could have Minerva screaming and everyone in the castle and grounds turns to see it hanging in the sky.

i'm sure ron and hermione would put two and two together and figure out that Harry must have given himself up.

it would be even better if Harry's stag patronus staggers into the great hall, (where in the book everyone is sheltering), and everyone goes quiet as they watch the stag collapse to the ground and fade away.

It would be a great bit of symbolism, especially if they interweave shots of the stag falling with harry being hit by the killing curse in.....slow....motion....
That would be really cool. Not sure how the stag would really work with that. It would be cool cinematically, but the rest of it would be pretty cool.

Old December 8th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl2398 View Post
I read an interview with Rupert this weekend (because I am crazy and am always reading interviews with the HP cast) that said that the scene where Ron loses Fred is quite a big scene and very depressing. I think he described it as "quite horrible" for the entire Weasley family.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old December 9th, 2010, 2:51 am
Second Year

I hope the final confrontation with Voldemort is done well. I know David Heyman said they were extending it from the simple "BANG" in the book but I want to know how they are going to make sense of what happens with the two wands and what we see in the trailer with Harry and Voldemort in that now over-used reverse "Tug-o-war" wand lock. I want to know how and why would they be locked like that in the film if what happens in the book happens for the reasons it does?? I want to see how they make sense of that.

I also am thrilled to see how they pull off the King's cross scene! I am so excited to see how Voldemort is potrayed in that scene.....I hope it is scary and interesting.

Old December 9th, 2010, 4:45 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
I read an interview with Rupert this weekend (because I am crazy and am always reading interviews with the HP cast) that said that the scene where Ron loses Fred is quite a big scene and very depressing. I think he described it as "quite horrible" for the entire Weasley family.
I remember in a interview Emma said she had trouble not telling Rupert that he was amazing while filming Ron's reaction to Fred's death. By the sounds of it Emma thought Rupert did a brilliant job with that scene.

Old December 9th, 2010, 10:20 am
First Year

It's going to be so sad to watch- I read the same interview with Rupert after I saw the comment and he says it's going to be "horrible for the entire Weasley family"-- I'm glad it will be emotional, but I bet you I'm going to cry!

Old December 9th, 2010, 4:26 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post

Also, I hope they keep the part where Snape jumps through the window... 'Snape shaped hole in the window' ... that part still cracks me up .
Yes! Also the bit where McGonagal tells the students that he's "done a bunk".

Old December 11th, 2010, 7:26 am
First Year

i really just want to see the R/Hr kiss, and i think that with what they gave us for H/Hr kissing in the locket scene......the R/Hr kiss has to at LEAST equal, if not be better than that!!! haha (but i understand not getting too risque cause there are kids that watch these movies too)

oh and not to leave out Molly's epic line when she battles Bellatrix..........

Old December 11th, 2010, 12:49 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_fan31 View Post
i really just want to see the R/Hr kiss, and i think that with what they gave us for H/Hr kissing in the locket scene......the R/Hr kiss has to at LEAST equal, if not be better than that!!!
I have the utmost confidence the actors and filmmakers have done "the kiss" justice. They know it is like the kiss of the millenium and it has been building for seven films. By this point in the film their relationship is more than just a minor plotpoint. I really don't think it's going to be rushed. It's been quoted as being "a hell of a snog" and Emma said she "pounced" on Rupert. And well, for those that haven't seen Rupert's other films, he's no stranger to on-screen kisses and he does a pretty darn good job with them. I'm sure once they got the giggles out of the way and got in character, they owned this scene.

I am really looking forward to meeting Aberforth! I loved Doge's little line about how nobody ever seems to remember Aberforth in DH1 and was so glad they kept it in.

Anyone think we'll get to meet Neville's grandmother in the Battle of Hogwarts? I loved that part in the books!

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old December 11th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
Anyone think we'll get to meet Neville's grandmother in the Battle of Hogwarts? I loved that part in the books!
I swear I saw her listed on Imdb, but I'm not sure.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References