Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Person of Interest

Old January 7th, 2012, 9:28 pm
Curse Breaker

Re: Person of Interest

CBS seems to be finnicky about online access (trying to maintain their numbers?). However, they appear to be serious about Carter being a knowing accomplice. I'm still having a hard time with the concept of Keith Mars, calculating, unrelenting Russian mob boss (not that Enrico's performance hasn't been good, it just seems worlds away from Just Shoot Me and VM).

No worries. No spoilers here.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2013, 9:55 pm
Curse Breaker

Hey, in case you hadn't heard, this is quite an entertaining action series. Plus, they've added the excellent Amy Acker as an absolutely delicious hacker-villain. Quite a lot of Dollhouse Whiskey in this portrayal and that's just a wonder to behold. Jim Calvesal and Sarah Shahi as stern ex-balck ops types as the muscle heroes are also enjoyable.

Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:22 pm
Curse Breaker

Two episodes ago, Amy Acker's character Root broke out of custody and she brought a sense of flair and fun to it sort of reminiscent of a fusion between Fred Burkle and Whiskey. This seems to be a promising turn. Check it out!!

Old October 30th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Curse Breaker

Drumroll for the excellent Root! Seeing her team up with Shaw even temporarily was cool. I hope she and Harold use this time to learn from one another about themselves and HER.

Old December 3rd, 2013, 3:54 pm
Curse Breaker

Okay, The Devil's Share (the most recent episode) was just awesome. I may not agree with the cast move they made, but the sendoff/vengeance thing was incredible. Reese kicking rear, Shaw having muted snark, and the fabulous Root unveiling herself as the true EFB (Evil Fred Burkle) with just a titch of Whiskey thrown in. That was beyond excellent, and bodes well for what looks like the anti-technology war they're setting up for in the second half of the season. I even enjoyed Elias' Evil Keith Mars monologue. Just stupendous. Give it a watch.

Old December 21st, 2013, 6:00 pm
Curse Breaker

After all the awesomeness of the cop cabal arc, this was a bit of a let-down. Although, we did get to meet Shaw's old boss and a little about Harold's childhood. Yay! Can't wait to see how these people react to Root.

Old January 26th, 2014, 10:06 pm
Curse Breaker

And Camryn Manheim as Control. That was kinda interesting. Root was awesome again (as is her wont). Then, The Machine got the team back together by sending John on an international mission. There was a touch of cool factor seeing Shaw abuse her old colleagues and John forming a working relationship and a touch of friendship.

Old January 30th, 2015, 4:29 am
Curse Breaker

It's been the equivalent of a full season since I last commented. We've seen the rise of Samaritan, and a reshuffling of the cast yet again.

Sarah Shahi is pregnant again. Wonderful news for her and her husband (sorry, can't remember his name). Somehow, her pregnancies always seem to fall when she has a quality show to anchor. It's weird. She got pregnant the first time early in the shooting of Life's second season. Now, this. They've had the opportunity to show us how both machines think and learn, and the influence Harold has had over Her. They've taken the opportunity to nod at the Shoot pairing. It's quite amusing, and more than a little sexy. However, in spite of the fact that each character finds the other impressive, even attractive, and they have a good working relationship--I always got the sense both were being played as straight. So, this felt like a little smile for the fans before Shahi goes off to maternity leave. They don't expect her back for two seasons!!!

It's interesting, but I don't quite buy it.

Old October 3rd, 2015, 7:21 pm
Curse Breaker

Hopefully, they finally hit floor. They've eliminated some great villains and haven't really replaced them. Shaw's back. Root is her typically awesome self. Hopefully, this will be a season with a bit of a bounce to it.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television