Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Castle

Old April 15th, 2009, 12:05 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Castle

I didn't think the kid who fell from affleuence and became a drug dealer had a transparent murder. Sorry about the religion stuff--If I feel like discussing it, I'll confine it to the Spirit Division. The ex was supposed to be fun and Desperate Housewives or Sex and the City-ish. She was more annoying than anything else. With regard to the comfort level--it seems they started out quite comfortable around one another. He didn't need a buffer to get into police work and in spite of being a fan, she wasn't starstruck. I think the jokes from previous episodes (him listening in on her phone, her getting in his face about a clue) actually show a solid base from which to begin.

With regard to Booth and Bones--I think you might have seen sequences from the upfronts where they were in close or standing back to back grinning where it looks VERY intimate. They tease us with those sometimes, but it's never made it into the show (like the outtake almost kiss between Jennifer Garner and Melissa George early in Season 3 of Alias--it got described and remarked on in TV Guide, but it never actually made it to air or the DVD--that I know of).

No worries. No spoilers here.

Last edited by jordmundt6; June 6th, 2009 at 6:09 am.
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2009, 8:04 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Er, you what say about Booth and Bones? It's nearly four seasons in and they aren't together yet. They have had, in total, one staged kiss. That's too fast? Is your standard for TV relationships JAG, Matlock,...or maybe Gunsmoke?

I was nonplussed by the Voodoo storyline but I liked the brush-off of Castle's ex and the Beckett/Castle interaction during the shootout.

About the radical jihadists--what about the Crusades, or more recently the KKK and other white pride associations that use the same sort of violence and claim Christian affiliation?[off-topic light rejoinder]
Yep... maybe they're going for a new record... 8 seasons anyone ? Kidding, just kidding there... and their staged kiss was a nice one .

Good old Gunsmoke... Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty never even kissed -- heck a smile would be considered that in terms of that show .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old April 18th, 2009, 6:54 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyraLovegood View Post
there was not a hint going back to last week when Castle snicked the file on Beckett's mum.
Yeah, I hope they get back to this; I'm sure they will. I saw it as something that could be a continuing thread throughout episodes, instead of each episode being totally self-contained. But maybe they'll eventually add some other continuing threads.

I liked this ep. You guys are right on about it being one of the first that did not telegraph the murderer from the beginning. Castle's ex was seriously annoying, and I found myself wondering how in the world those two could have wound up with such a well-adjusted, all-around amazing daughter. And I also couldn't help laughing at how much his ex behaved like his mother--and then he said it himself!

I look forward to seeing how this show develops.

And now a few off-topic comments:
Quote:
They tease us with those sometimes, but it's never made it into the show (like the outtake almost kiss between Jennifer Garner and Melissa George early in Season 3 of Alias--it got described and remarked on in TV Guide, but it never actually made it to air or the DVD--that I know of).
That outtake is on the Alias DVDs. And a few other almost kisses with other cast members. It must have been a running gag that they found hilarious on set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Yep... maybe they're going for a new record... 8 seasons anyone ?
This next bit is a Bones spoiler, so I'll put it in tags if you don't want to know
Spoiler: show
I read in Entertainment Weekly that Bones and Booth will get together by the end of this season. Don't know if it leads to a relationship or is a one time mistake, but they are supposed to let the audience know which way they're going with this storyline right away. They say they won't be dragging it out.

Last edited by freelantzer; April 18th, 2009 at 7:01 am.
Old April 18th, 2009, 9:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Yeah, I hope they get back to this; I'm sure they will. I saw it as something that could be a continuing thread throughout episodes, instead of each episode being totally self-contained. But maybe they'll eventually add some other continuing threads.

I liked this ep. You guys are right on about it being one of the first that did not telegraph the murderer from the beginning. Castle's ex was seriously annoying, and I found myself wondering how in the world those two could have wound up with such a well-adjusted, all-around amazing daughter. And I also couldn't help laughing at how much his ex behaved like his mother--and then he said it himself!

I look forward to seeing how this show develops.

And now a few off-topic comments:
That outtake is on the Alias DVDs. And a few other almost kisses with other cast members. It must have been a running gag that they found hilarious on set.
This next bit is a Bones spoiler, so I'll put it in tags if you don't want to know
I read in Entertainment Weekly that Bones and Booth will get together by the end of this season. Don't know if it leads to a relationship or is a one time mistake, but they are supposed to let the audience know which way they're going with this storyline right away. They say they won't be dragging it out.
Ah, I see -- thanks for the info.

It's good to see that they aren't doing that -- that's in part what drove me nuts during the X-Files ...

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old April 22nd, 2009, 5:45 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I really enjoyed this week's episode. I thought it was a big improvement over previous weeks (even though I enjoyed previous weeks, too). I loved the exchanges between Castle and Beckett; the case was interesting; they went black tie; they had that dude from The Pretender--what more could you want?

Old April 22nd, 2009, 7:23 am
Fifth Year

I fell asleep and missed about ten minutes of the show! Blah!

But I liked what I did see. That guy who was in the Pretender -- wasn't he also in HouseMD a couple times, as Dr. Chase's father?

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old April 22nd, 2009, 4:31 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, this episode had more of the feel as what we're used to. And it was nice that the mystery wasn't so obvious. That it took time to get through.
Nice that they made more comments about Becketts mother and personal life, although no mention of the file again. Banter was great. Stuffing the lady into the safe was way gross.
When I saw the old thief I knew I knew him from somewhere and could not place him. I loved the Pretender! Happy you all knew.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 8:21 pm
Curse Breaker

It was good to see Bauchau in a solid character again and despite the darkness, the thief did remind me of Sydney. More recently, he played Chase's father for an episode of House. I think he was also on 24 a couple years ago. They've been throwing hints about this episode into their previews since they started hyping the show last winter. I liked the episode and the resolution just fine. As always, the highlight is the interplay between Castle and Beckett.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 8:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I really enjoyed this week's episode. I thought it was a big improvement over previous weeks (even though I enjoyed previous weeks, too). I loved the exchanges between Castle and Beckett; the case was interesting; they went black tie; they had that dude from The Pretender--what more could you want?
Woot!! I wish that I could see it... but sadly no new update on the flash player -- so it's a no go there ...

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Curse Breaker

Too bad. This was a pretty entertaining episode. I was fortunate that I tried to record it in two places because my standby recorder malfunctioned.*whew*

Old April 26th, 2009, 6:28 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

I've been enjoying Castle. It isn't the most amazing show ever, but it's entertaining. I think the characters play off each other really well and I think that's part of what makes it fun to watch. Nathan Fillion is also just so much fun.

I also like the look of the show... the lighting ect. There is something about it that really pops, IMHO.

As for the chemistry thing... Hmm, I'm seeing more Moonlighting or maybe Remington Steele than X-Files Mulder and Scully.

I was talking to my brother and he was saying that this show is basically Murder She Wrote. I never really watched the show, but I guess it is similar in its premise at any rate.

Old April 26th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Curse Breaker

Murder She Wrote for the middle-aged set, I guess. There wasn't a whole lot of chemistry or sex appeal on that show, although Jessica Fletcher did solve crimes in a rural setting and used her inquisitive mind and author's skills to do so. However, writing was more of a hobby for her and she was usually scrupulous about not copying incidents or characters from the cases she worked on either coast or at home into her books. I think before it all started, the character was a small-town widow librarian.

Old April 27th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
I've been enjoying Castle. It isn't the most amazing show ever, but it's entertaining. I think the characters play off each other really well and I think that's part of what makes it fun to watch. Nathan Fillion is also just so much fun.

I also like the look of the show... the lighting ect. There is something about it that really pops, IMHO.

As for the chemistry thing... Hmm, I'm seeing more Moonlighting or maybe Remington Steele than X-Files Mulder and Scully.

I was talking to my brother and he was saying that this show is basically Murder She Wrote. I never really watched the show, but I guess it is similar in its premise at any rate.
Ah, well that isn't good -- if it's more of a Moonlighting kind of chemistry... since things didn't work out so good there on that show.

Not that I have anything against it -- it might do well, just as long as TPTB don't mess things up there.

Quote:
Murder She Wrote for the middle-aged set, I guess. There wasn't a whole lot of chemistry or sex appeal on that show, although Jessica Fletcher did solve crimes in a rural setting and used her inquisitive mind and author's skills to do so. However, writing was more of a hobby for her and she was usually scrupulous about not copying incidents or characters from the cases she worked on either coast or at home into her books. I think before it all started, the character was a small-town widow librarian.

Nice one jordmundt.

I just found out that I can't even catch a rerun of Castle on hulu -- stupid ABC's video player doesn't work worth a toad .

Gah, it's the worst video player that I've ever come across...

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; April 28th, 2009 at 9:45 pm.
Old April 29th, 2009, 4:42 pm
Sixth Year

So the last epsiode was really good. Witty and interesting. But I have to say that I knew that the lady who was supposed to have been vaporized, wasn't dead. It was pretty obvious to me.
Loved how Castle has some morals. With that Lee Wax woman. He called her slimy. Nice.
And the play between Beckett and Castle was as good as always. Loved how they both threw their poker games for the sake of the other.

Next week looks so good with her ex coming back.

Oh! and what a rip off of a promo for the last one to include the next one. I hate it when ABC does that! Just put what's going to be in that episode! Don't include stuff that's in future ones! It's cruel!

Old April 29th, 2009, 6:36 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny1976 View Post
But I have to say that I knew that the lady who was supposed to have been vaporized, wasn't dead. It was pretty obvious to me.
SageRacer caught that early on, too. It brought on a short discussion about predictability, which usually goes over my head.
Quote:
Loved how Castle has some morals. With that Lee Wax woman. He called her slimy. Nice.
Morals, yes. He has yet to show scruples.
Quote:
And the play between Beckett and Castle was as good as always. Loved how they both threw their poker games for the sake of the other.
That was cute. I kind of wished they'd found a way to tie the poker in with the murder plot, as it struck me as kind of out of left field for them to be playing poker at all, but maybe that's me asking too much.
Quote:
Next week looks so good with her ex coming back.
O rly? I hadn't seen that... hm. I hope it isn't as bad as his ex coming back. I hated her.
Quote:
Oh! and what a rip off of a promo for the last one to include the next one. I hate it when ABC does that! Just put what's going to be in that episode! Don't include stuff that's in future ones! It's cruel!
They've done that with Castle from the beginning; the next week on Castle has shown stuff from the whole season every time.

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old April 29th, 2009, 6:57 pm
Curse Breaker

Vaporized is always code for made it out alive because there should always be some bone after almost any fiery death. I think ABC picked up that habit from NBC. It should be noted that they included clips from the high society episode in three previews BEFORE the actual preview of that episode--so only one preview of a preview is something of an improvement.

I loved Castle's parting shot at Wax.

Hopefully, they can get past this ex thing and have Castle work Beckett's mother's murder by the season finale.

Old April 29th, 2009, 8:01 pm
Sixth Year

Yes. They HAVE to get back to Beckett's mother. They've strayed away from the personal stuff and hopefully with the next weeks episode, they'll veer back.

Maybe I was surprised about the promo because I hardly ever watch them. With some shows I like to be completely oblivious to what's going to happen. And since this one is so utterly predictable, but good fun to watch, I don't watch them.
And then with other shows, I like to know just the promo and then one other I want to know every piece of spoiler I can find. But JUST one show.

Oh and LyraLovegood, is Beckett's ex boyfriend that's coming back. Looks so good!

Old April 29th, 2009, 9:08 pm
Fifth Year

Who's the actor playing Beckett's ex? I want to see if he looks good to me too... Plus I could use some eye candy this afternoon...

~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old April 29th, 2009, 9:13 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyraLovegood View Post
I want to see if he looks good to me too... Plus I could use some eye candy this afternoon...

SO lost in translation! I meant that the next episode looks good because of the ex boyfriend being around causing tension, not the ex boyfriend looking good. But as far as his looks go, he was just okay to me. You could probably go to the abc site and find the promo, that or you tube.

Old May 4th, 2009, 8:08 pm
Curse Breaker

Hopefully it's just one mirror image episode and they can move it along toward's Beckett's mother's murder. I do hope we see Patrick Bauchau's retired thief again, though.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television