Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

A Game of Thrones

Old September 13th, 2010, 6:08 pm
Squee-worthy

Re: A Game of Thrones

HBO has another new teaser trailer out, entitled Raven. They also launched an official Game of Thrones Twitter account, and a new website about the making of the show. There's also an "In Production" video of the show on that website. Looks very good!

ETA: There's also a new still of Daenerys. And a pretty good dissection of the two new videos.

Last edited by Lord Godric; September 13th, 2010 at 6:14 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2010, 7:15 pm
MODLY CREW

I saw the video this morning and I can barely contain my glee. I'm so stoked for this. I hope they'll keep the promo vids coming.

Old September 14th, 2010, 10:09 pm
Squee-worthy

Looking at the pictures from the videos, there was one character whose look I was not impressed with, Cersei. I think it's just the fact that her hair is obviously dyed and looks slightly ridiculous (Robert and Mrycella and Tommen look great though). But with that said I absolutely love Catelyn, Jon and the armor for Ser Loras. Bran and Arya are very cute too.

EDIT: The links broke, so I just removed them.

Last edited by Lord Godric; September 21st, 2010 at 2:03 am.
Old September 21st, 2010, 1:05 am
Zonko's Employee

The links to the pics aren't working right I don't think. Although at the beginning of the Raven trailer it looked like John Snow had a mustache? In my mind Jon Snow was clean shaven. I'm going to have to go and google somemore pics of the actors. I'm pretty excited. Thanks for posting the trailer.

Here is a link with all the cast in one place. I don't know if these are accurate and take into account recasts. Our own Natalia Teena has a small role (as Osha). I'm also loving the pics for Sam Tarley ( ) Khal Drago ( ) Robert Arryn (changed to Robin Arryn. Looks perfect and is quite accomplished for such a little one.)

And here are some set photos of Winterfell.

Last edited by flimseycauldron; September 21st, 2010 at 1:28 am.
Old September 21st, 2010, 8:15 am
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by flimseycauldron View Post
The links to the pics aren't working right I don't think. Although at the beginning of the Raven trailer it looked like John Snow had a mustache? In my mind Jon Snow was clean shaven. I'm going to have to go and google somemore pics of the actors. I'm pretty excited. Thanks for posting the trailer.

Here is a link with all the cast in one place. I don't know if these are accurate and take into account recasts. Our own Natalia Teena has a small role (as Osha). I'm also loving the pics for Sam Tarley ( ) Khal Drago ( ) Robert Arryn (changed to Robin Arryn. Looks perfect and is quite accomplished for such a little one.)

And here are some set photos of Winterfell.
Clicking on said link initiated a really weird security check from a site I do not know and which has nothing to do with the cast. Maybe you can check whether it works or remove it.

A moustache? Really? Oh dear, I would have thought he was too young for this.

Old September 21st, 2010, 1:41 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
Clicking on said link initiated a really weird security check from a site I do not know and which has nothing to do with the cast. Maybe you can check whether it works or remove it.

Well I think have to age the characters for HBO for obvious reasons. But still. A mustache?

I'll post the whole link instead of embedding it as the links worked for me when I used them. Maybe it's a glitch of some sort?

http://winter-is-coming.net/features/cast/

http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/09/...of-winterfell/

Maybe if you copy and paste they'll work better? The site is www.winter-is-coming.net

Old September 27th, 2010, 3:30 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
Indeed, Jon Snow is much too young to sport a moustache. Plus, on these photos, he looks older than Robb, which isn't right, is it?

I'd imagined Arya cuter and more tom-boyish than the young actress on the photo.

I also thought Cersei a blonde, and much prettier than that, and Jaime also a blond (they're twins after all) and a lot better-looking.

We'll have to see some action footage to really judge, though.

Old September 27th, 2010, 7:20 am
Squee-worthy

I know for certain characters (Jon, Robb, Dany, Gendry) the decided to raise the age of the characters a bit.

From the clips I saw both Jaime and Cersei are blondes, but at least with Cersei the hair looked horribly fake. However, like I said before the content and acting matters much more to me than getting the appearance of characters perfect.

Old October 4th, 2010, 7:28 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post
I know for certain characters (Jon, Robb, Dany, Gendry) the decided to raise the age of the characters a bit.
Still, Jon shouldn't look that much older than Robb. Robb was the eldest, wasn't he? Eddard showed up with Jon after Robb was born, I seem to recall.

Quote:
From the clips I saw both Jaime and Cersei are blondes, but at least with Cersei the hair looked horribly fake. However, like I said before the content and acting matters much more to me than getting the appearance of characters perfect.
I was judging from the photos posted above, where they both look dark-haired. However, I agree with you that acting matters more. Though to me it's important somehow that Cersei should look beautiful. What the French call "la beauté du Diable", the beauty of the devil.

Erm, sorry for a silly question, but in what subforum is the original "Song of Fire and Ice" thread? I tried to look for it but couldn't find it.

Old October 4th, 2010, 7:52 am
MODLY CREW

Fiction -> Science Fiction and Fantasy

Old October 4th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Squee-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurduJardin View Post
Still, Jon shouldn't look that much older than Robb. Robb was the eldest, wasn't he? Eddard showed up with Jon after Robb was born, I seem to recall.
Well the actor who plays Robb doesn't look younger than Jon. Jon's just hairier, maybe he gets it from his father

Quote:
I was judging from the photos posted above, where they both look dark-haired. However, I agree with you that acting matters more. Though to me it's important somehow that Cersei should look beautiful. What the French call "la beauté du Diable", the beauty of the devil
Well here's Cersei and Robert.
Cersei Lannister:    

Last edited by Lord Godric; October 4th, 2010 at 6:03 pm.
Old October 4th, 2010, 6:03 pm
Banned

Quote:
Well here's Cersei and Robert.
Cersei Lannister:    

I couldn't see anything but a red "X" in a white square.

Thanks anyway.

Old October 4th, 2010, 6:13 pm
Squee-worthy

I edited it at the same time you posted, cause it wasn't working for me either. Now it should be working.

Old October 4th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Well the actor who plays Robb doesn't look younger than Jon. Jon's just hairier, maybe he gets it from his father
(The men in my family are very hairy so the image you just conjured up made me laugh)

That little red x is determined to vex us all!

Old October 4th, 2010, 7:10 pm
Squee-worthy

is it still an X? Here's the link to the picture on it's original page, which is actually a gallery of screencaps from the latest video.

If that doesn't work my computer is going in timeout

Old October 4th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Zonko's Employee

I think your computer gets a reprieve. Oh you are so right Cersei's hair looks like a wig. *shudder* In my imagination Cersei and Jaimie always looks like male/female versions of Fleur Delacour. Robert looks a little Santa Claus-ish. I'm hoping he's drunk in that scene.

Old October 5th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Banned

Quote:
I edited it at the same time you posted, cause it wasn't working for me either. Now it should be working.
It still isn't, now I don't get anything at all, not even an x. However, the second link works, as well as the one you were kind enough to post on my Visitor Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flimseycauldron View Post
Oh you are so right Cersei's hair looks like a wig. *shudder* In my imagination Cersei and Jaimie always looks like male/female versions of Fleur Delacour. Robert looks a little Santa Claus-ish. I'm hoping he's drunk in that scene.
Totally agree with all of the above, with the proviso that it's the book Fleur Delacour. Clémence Poésy is not nearly pretty enough for either Fleur or Cersei. As to Santa Robert, yes!

Old November 29th, 2010, 6:23 am
Squee-worthy

Just read another casting decision (there have been many recently) but this ones another Harry Potter cross-over: David Bradley AKA Argus Filch will play the ancient Walder Frey.

How many HP/GoT acting cross-overs are we at now?

ETA: I also know that HBO did two inside the making of A Game of Thrones this past weekend, I haven't watched them yet, but I'm sure they'll be very interesting.

Last edited by Lord Godric; November 29th, 2010 at 6:26 am.
Old November 29th, 2010, 7:30 am
MODLY CREW

The teaser for the making of is here.

Old December 6th, 2010, 5:57 am
Squee-worthy

Another awesome Inside Game of Thrones featurette.

I am absolutely stunned. The characters look fantastic! And it is great to see the level of planning that goes into the costumes and worlds of the people.

Little things I loved: Littlefinger having a mockingbird brooch. The Hound and the Knight of Flower's helms and armor. The contrast between Arya and Sansa. Ahh, I just loved it all.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television