Everyone has a photographic memory ... some, like me, just don't have any film
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:33 pm
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Re: N C I S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
We finally have Season 4 Yyyaaaaaaaaay
It's pretty unreasonable that you've had to wait so long.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old July 5th, 2007, 12:36 pm
First Year

Hey foliks, just discovered this thread, by god I love this programme, watch it every Friday on channel 5 and every Saturday....is it on any other channels? I don't think I have seen all the series.....the ones I have been watchin lately I think are the older ones as Ziva isn't in it...what happened in the last episode of series 3? Just so I know where you guys are at?

Sig by the Magical Cybobbie

The Gator Fan Club

Old July 5th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaSkye View Post
Hey foliks, just discovered this thread, by god I love this programme, watch it every Friday on channel 5 and every Saturday....is it on any other channels? I don't think I have seen all the series.....the ones I have been watchin lately I think are the older ones as Ziva isn't in it...what happened in the last episode of series 3? Just so I know where you guys are at?
If I've got my seasons right, the last two-parter of season three was Gibbs getting injured, having flashbacks about his family, and after getting out of the hospital, resigning.

Last summer the big discussion was: is Gibbs/Mark Harmon returning. We know now that there were some creative differences between Mark and the producer (Bellisario) and the producer is now gone. Mark said he didn't like the direction the show seemed to be taking this past year (season 4).

Kate was in the first two seasons, Ziva has been in the third and fourth. By the way, if the title is Navy NCIS, that was the first season title, only. I hope this helps.

Old July 5th, 2007, 1:20 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BublGumPnkHar View Post
If I've got my seasons right, the last two-parter of season three was Gibbs getting injured, having flashbacks about his family, and after getting out of the hospital, resigning.
I've just watched that on TV and I think that sums it up reasonably well. He ended up in a coma and then lost his memeory.
Quote:
Last summer the big discussion was: is Gibbs/Mark Harmon returning. We know now that there were some creative differences between Mark and the producer (Bellisario) and the producer is now gone. Mark said he didn't like the direction the show seemed to be taking this past year (season 4).
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. *Nods in understanding* Thank you.

Old July 5th, 2007, 1:21 pm
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Quote:
We know now that there were some creative differences between Mark and the producer (Bellisario) and the producer is now gone. Mark said he didn't like the direction the show seemed to be taking this past year (season 4).
Really!? I haven't cared so much for Season 4, I'm not sure why.

Old July 5th, 2007, 1:42 pm
First Year

I have seen up to the end of Season 3 then, becuase I saw that Gibbs retired. It was so sad that he ended up having to leave NCIS the same way his partner/boss/mentor did, they predicted something that would happen and they wouldn't listen and then looks what happens, the towers get blown up and a ship gets blown up to cover up terrorism grr! anyways my little rant over there!

So when does season 4 start over here in the UK, anyone?

Just now they keep playing the old ones where Kate was in them...I think I saw the one where she joined NCIS, after the whole plane incident with the President? Was this season 1 or season 2? I think the title was just NCIS for that episode I watched, but it may very well have been the first season.

Right...I need to get myself the box sets and catch up haha or get Sky PLus and just record everything!

Edit:

Quote:
You really are behind on episodes. Two of my favorite actors are on the show (Mark Harmon and David McCallum - I have been watching them, their whole careers) so I have been watching the show from the start, the humor was just a bonus. I love Pauley Perrette's character, too, but had never seen the actress before.
I am a total fan of Pauley's too, I love her character Abbey she's so ace !haha god I sound like a kid haha!

Have you ever watched CSI Las Vegas? She appeared in an episode of it, funnily enough she was a goth in it also, she was part aof a group of gothi entertainers and one of the girls was murdered by a show going through her neck, so they had to take all the dancers shoes, and Pauley (don't know what her character was in CSI) handed over her shoes, still in the same happy funny way she is in NCIS. It turned out it was the girls lover got jealous over a guy her GF was supposed to have been meeting or something along those line. Anyways, Pauley didn't appear much in the episode, but when she did she reminded me of Abbey, her character in NCIS.

The Gator Fan Club

Last edited by AngelicaSkye; July 5th, 2007 at 1:56 pm.
Old July 5th, 2007, 7:18 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
I have seen up to the end of Season 3 then, becuase I saw that Gibbs retired. It was so sad that he ended up having to leave NCIS the same way his partner/boss/mentor did, they predicted something that would happen and they wouldn't listen and then looks what happens, the towers get blown up and a ship gets blown up to cover up terrorism grr! anyways my little rant over there!
I was really sad when Gibbs left, but I did have the advantage that I already knew that he was going to come back.
I think the worst of it is that the government officials seem to have so little concern for human life. People die for so little.
I know that there are times when some have to be lost for the greater good, but I think in this case there was no greater good as far as Gibbs could see.
Quote:
So when does season 4 start over here in the UK, anyone?
I don't know when it is going to start on terrestrial, but I do know they had an NCIS marathon about 10 days ago on FX channel (Sky and Cable).
They showed about 11 Season 4 episodes.
Quote:
Just now they keep playing the old ones where Kate was in them...I think I saw the one where she joined NCIS, after the whole plane incident with the President? Was this season 1 or season 2? I think the title was just NCIS for that episode I watched, but it may very well have been the first season.
Yes I saw that they were doing re-runs on channel 5.
That particular episode was the first one of the first season ... and how Kate joined NCIS.
Quote:
Right...I need to get myself the box sets and catch up haha or get Sky PLus and just record everything!
I have to confess that that is what I did in the end, but they are not cheap.
I did get two of the sets from America.
Quote:
I am a total fan of Pauley's too, I love her character Abbey she's so ace !haha god I sound like a kid haha!
Pauley (and Abby) are fab, so cool. Definitely one of my favourite characters, the other being Ducky.
Oh David McCallum, my very first crush when he played Illya Kuryakin in "The Man from Uncle"

Old July 5th, 2007, 7:36 pm
Sixth Year

Bunny and Mad_Druid - Looking over my answer about producer Bellisario, he may still be producing, but not have day to day input on the scripts/stories presented. I just know there was a disagreement and Mark Harmon got his way.

For this past season, I didn't like the part where Tony was doing all the undercover work for the Director, and nobody else on the team knew anything about it (and that was threaded throughout most of the season). I thought Tony's sneaking around to visit his doctor girlfriend at the hospital was pretty funny.

AngelicaSkye - That episode with Kate on the Presidental jet was the very first episode, so they have adjusted the Title opening to drop the Navy from NCIS because that was redundant, it's what the "N" stands for. I was watching CSI long before it became popular, the TV Guide that opening season predicted that it wouldn't have much of a following, plus it started out on Friday night (along with Saturday usually a TV graveyard). I don't remember if they moved that first season when they came back from the Christmas break or waited for the following season. All this is very long winded, and I do not remember that episode with Pauley. I'll have to watch for it, Spike TV is showing multiple episodes most days.

ETA: Bunny beat me on the Kate answer. That is how she joined NCIS and why she is mostly clueless on military protocal and procedure.

Bunny - I could hardly wait for Man From U.N.C.L.E. to come on, David was so cute, still is.

Last edited by BublGumPnkHar; July 5th, 2007 at 7:43 pm.
Old July 5th, 2007, 7:48 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Bunny and Mad_Druid - Looking over my answer about producer Bellisario, he may still be producing, but not have day to day input on the scripts/stories presented. I just know there was a disagreement and Mark Harmon got his way.
What is amusing is in the extra's on Season 3 DVD set, there doesn't seem to be any animosity between the producers and actors.
Quote:
For this past season, I didn't like the part where Tony was doing all the undercover work for the Director, and nobody else on the team knew anything about it (and that was threaded throughout most of the season). I thought Tony's sneaking around to visit his doctor girlfriend at the hospital was pretty funny.
I've got the episodes up to 11 for season 4, but haven't watched them all yet, although I have seen a bit about this undercover work. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.
Quote:
I was watching CSI long before it became popular, the TV Guide that opening season predicted that it wouldn't have much of a following, plus it started out on Friday night (along with Saturday usually a TV graveyard).
It is still a bit in dark over here in the UK, I think. I spotted it because it was about forensics and because David McCallum was in it.

Old July 5th, 2007, 8:02 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
What is amusing is in the extra's on Season 3 DVD set, there doesn't seem to be any animosity between the producers and actors.
I guess that is why they are actors.

Quote:
It is still a bit in dark over here in the UK, I think. I spotted it because it was about forensics and because David McCallum was in it.
Actually I was talking about CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in that response that you quoted and how it was "overlooked" when it first came on the air.

NCIS started on the night and time it is now, it took awhile for it to build its audience; only in the last two years has it really won its timeslot and anchored the Tuesday night lineup.

Old July 5th, 2007, 8:27 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:

Actually I was talking about CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in that response that you quoted and how it was "overlooked" when it first came on the air.

NCIS started on the night and time it is now, it took awhile for it to build its audience; only in the last two years has it really won its timeslot and anchored the Tuesday night lineup.
Yep it has... the show has definitely earned its timeslot and I hope that it can keep it !!

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old July 5th, 2007, 8:42 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Oh yeah.
Quote:
Ah!
I loved that show from the beginning as well. Las Vegas - definitely my fave out of the three.
Quote:
I guess that is what is happening here then as they have only been showing it for about the last year/year and a half.

Old July 6th, 2007, 4:13 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Quote:
We don't get any Special Features on the Australian DVD's
I have Seasons 1 & 2, but I'm thinking ig getting Season 3 from Amazon.

Old July 6th, 2007, 7:36 am
First Year

Quote:
Bunny and Mad_Druid -

Is this series four when Tony does the undercover work with that prisoner, about locating stolen art works or something? If so I remember seeing this one, which means I have seen parts of series 4...damn it's so foncusing. Really need to watch them all in the right order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BublGumPnkHar
AngelicaSkye - That episode with Kate on the Presidental jet was the very first episode, so they have adjusted the Title opening to drop the Navy from NCIS because that was redundant, it's what the "N" stands for. I was watching CSI long before it became popular, the TV Guide that opening season predicted that it wouldn't have much of a following, plus it started out on Friday night (along with Saturday usually a TV graveyard). I don't remember if they moved that first season when they came back from the Christmas break or waited for the following season. All this is very long winded, and I do not remember that episode with Pauley. I'll have to watch for it, Spike TV is showing multiple episodes most days.
Spike Tv?? That an american channel? As for Pauley in CSI, check her our on IMDB...her character was called Candeece, I will check later to find out which series and episode she was in for you. Because I don't think I gave a great outline of the episode for you to go on.

Quote:
]
Bunny - I could hardly wait for Man From U.N.C.L.E. to come on, David was so cute, still is.
UNCLE??? Someone please enlighten me.

The Gator Fan Club

Old July 6th, 2007, 1:36 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Is this series four when Tony does the undercover work with that prisoner, about locating stolen art works or something? If so I remember seeing this one, which means I have seen parts of series 4...damn it's so foncusing. Really need to watch them all in the right order.
I don't really remember, it was so spread out during the season, it wasn't really well connected between shows, all I remember was Tony following these people and secretly reporting back to the Director. Does Tony have a doctor girlfriend? That was a storyline during the whole fourth season.

Quote:
Spike Tv?? That an american channel? As for Pauley in CSI, check her our on IMDB...her character was called Candeece, I will check later to find out which series and episode she was in for you. Because I don't think I gave a great outline of the episode for you to go on.
It's suppose to be a men's programming channel; some sports, movies, and CSI reruns. Yes, it's an American channel.

Quote:
UNCLE??? Someone please enlighten me.
Old show from the 60's starring David McCallum and Robert Vaughn. It's been so long since I've seen it, but they were like spies or Interpol. The organization they represented had the acronym U.N.C.L.E., I used to remember what it stood for. I think they accessed their headquarters through the back of a tailor shop (Bunny help me out here if you remember) and David was this young, skinny, blond haired (in a "bowl" cut) Russian. His partner's name was Napoleon Solo, David was (as Bunny mentioned) named Illya Kuryakin. He was so cute and sexy and still is.

Old July 6th, 2007, 2:13 pm
First Year

Quote:
I don't really remember, it was so spread out during the season, it wasn't really well connected between shows, all I remember was Tony following these people and secretly reporting back to the Director. Does Tony have a doctor girlfriend? That was a storyline during the whole fourth season.
Hmm, I am not sure about the doctor girlfriend thing, but if this is the same series, then the episode I am thinking of is when Tony goes into jail undercover, meets this geeky guy that is very shy, they escape out of prison and they go to meet this guy that the shy boy says is a friend/business partner with, when they go to the guys house, the friend is wary of Tony, then the shy boy shoots his 'friend' later on and throws him in a ditch outside the house, then he forces Tony to drive him to a 'meeting' with some other guys to sell stolen art pieces. Tony ends up shooting the guy he escaped prison with. If i remember correctly Gibbs and Kate are constantly searching for Tony and the other guy, Tony makes numerous cold calls to Gibbs cell, then Gibbs finally realises its Tony giving him his location. Is this season 4?

Quote:
It's suppose to be a men's programming channel; some sports, movies, and CSI reruns. Yes, it's an American channel.
Ah right okay, I don't think I get that channel on Sky, is it on cable or something?

Oh yeah as for Pauley Perette being in CSI, it was the Las Vegas ones, she was only ever in one episode which was aired in 2003. I am trying to track down which episode in particular it was but having no luck. As the descriptions of the episodes don't match what I saw.

Edit: Found it, it's called 'Lady Heather's Box', season 3, episode 61, first aired on february 13 2003 . It was a girl and 2 guys I think that god killed. The way i described this episode sounds totally different from the description given on IMDB website. But hey it's gotta be the right one haha!

The Gator Fan Club

Last edited by AngelicaSkye; July 6th, 2007 at 2:32 pm.
Old July 6th, 2007, 2:33 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Hmm, I am not sure about the doctor girlfriend thing, but if this is the same series, then the episode I am thinking of is when Tony goes into jail undercover, meets this geeky guy that is very shy, they escape out of prison and they go to meet this guy that the shy boy says is a friend/business partner with, when they go to the guys house, the friend is wary of Tony, then the shy boy shoots his 'friend' later on and throws him in a ditch outside the house, then he forces Tony to drive him to a 'meeting' with some other guys to sell stolen art pieces. Tony ends up shooting the guy he escaped prison with. If i remember correctly Gibbs and Kate are constantly searching for Tony and the other guy, Tony makes numerous cold calls to Gibbs cell, then Gibbs finally realises its Tony giving him his location. Is this season 4?
In a word: No. I remember the one you are talking about, it's not season 4. In season 4, this undercover story is a re-occuring storyline.

Quote:
Ah right okay, I don't think I get that channel on Sky, is it on cable or something?

Oh yeah as for Pauley Perette being in CSI, it was the Las Vegas ones, she was only ever in one episode which was aired in 2003. I am trying to track down which episode in particular it was but having no luck. As the descriptions of the episodes don't match what I saw.
Spike is a cable channel. Don't worry about the episode, I'll find it sooner or later. They appear to be showing last season's episodes, right now, and should soon rotate back to the early ones again. Knowing the year will help. Thanks.

Old July 6th, 2007, 2:45 pm
First Year

BublGumPnkHar, did you read my edit's? I found the episode that Pauley was in, it was Lady Heather's Box.

Ah right okay, well that episode where Gibbs and Kate are searing for Tony is good, even though I never saw the first part, watched from the first break onwards.

The Gator Fan Club

Old July 6th, 2007, 3:07 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
BublGumPnkHar, did you read my edit's? I found the episode that Pauley was in, it was Lady Heather's Box.
OMG - Don't tell me she was one of Lady Heather's "Girls". That is one I have to see. Maybe Pauley's coloring of black hair and pale skin, make her a "natural" for a "Goth" character.

I missed your edit, sorry. It takes forever for me to type, I can only "hunt and peck" and I didn't go back and check. I saw your post was still immediately above mine, but I didn't reread it, since I had "quoted" it. Oh well. Thanks for looking that up.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television