Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

True Love

Old February 20th, 2006, 8:29 pm
Second Year

True Love

True Love

Disclaimer: The characters and settings portrayed here are the creation of JK Rowling and are used here solely for the amusment of myself and others.

The flames of the magnificent fire in the Gryfinndor Common
room danced almost jeeringly at the frustrated couple as
they kept their heads down avoiding it's glare. It was
getting late and both, in all honesty, should have been
finished long ago. However neither one was eager to leave.
They both wished they could stay like this forever but knew
it was not possible. It was dark times in the wizarding
world. Everyone could not help but think that tonight could
well be their last.

"Why then can't I tell her how I feel?" he thought to
himself. "The threat of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named should make
me brave. Tonight could be my only chance"
Just as he thought this, she looked up from her work. He
caught beautiful brown eyes and held their gaze for what
seemed like an eternity. She looked away however, eager to
continue with her work.
Even if he had intended to say he something he instantly
changed his mind. It was obvious that she would rather work
tirelessly than converse with him.
"She isn't interested" he convinced himself " Why would she
be? I bet Harry never had this problem with Ginny or Cho."
he thought bitterly to himself.

"Why doesn't he just open his mouth and talk? Why does he
keep looking at me and then not speaking. This is so
awkward!" she thought to herself. She glanced out the window
and noticed how dark it was. It was very late at this stage.
She had finished all her work ages ago and was now just
perfecting things. She was lingering on in hopes fo him
saying something to her. But now it seemed her hopes were in
vain.
"It's getting very late indeed" she thought worryingly "we
shouldn't be here at all. If anyone caught us we would be in
a great deal of trouble" and she was a stickler for the
rules.
This was one thing about her that had never changed in her
time at Hogwarts. She thought back to when she had just
arrived here. She cringed to think of all the time she had
spent weeping silently, and worse sobbing outwardly. She had
grown in a lot in these past years. This was thanks mostly
to a particular friend who had stuck by her and had been
there, when it mattered. They had fought of course. But she
felt he had stood by her when she needed him. He was a good
friend, but know she needed him to be more.

He glanced over at her again. She seemed immersed in her
work. He opened his mouth to speak but faltered, yet again.
"Why don't the words come easily?" he thought angrily. But
this was nothing new to him. He often struggled with words
but wished he could speak freely. Especially with her. He
took a deep breath that caused her to look up. He gazed into
her eyes transfixed. He was determined to speak. She looked
at him expectantly. His heart was thumping...finally he spoke with a bit of a squeak
"We is better being going Winky, we is getting into trouble if we is staying too long" and with that Dobby and Winky left the common room together.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Last edited by MaudMoonshine; February 23rd, 2006 at 9:58 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2006, 1:04 pm
Second Year

Re: True Love

I would really like to get some feedback on this piece. Im new to this and would appreciate any comments and/or advice you might have. You can post your feedback here http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=84869

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.
Old February 21st, 2006, 7:59 pm
Second Year

That oh so Important step

Dobby paced up and down the deserted corridor, he was concentrating all his efforts on his thoughts. He knew that this really was his last hope. He wondered why it hadn't occurred to him before! It was so simple! His problem could have been solved months ago. Then realising his mind had wandered (yet again!) he sighed and began pacing again. He glanced at the tapestry of dancing trolls when he noticed that there was a narrow doorway now situated across from it. It was a brown, curious looking doorway that was the perfect height for a house-elf such as himself. He entered the room at speed, eager to have this situation with Winky resolved.
Once inside he was very much in awe of the sight he beheld. The room had a very low ceiling, so low that it would have been impossible for any wizard, even a first year, to enter and remain comfortably.
To one side of the room there was a bookshelf filled with books, each with a bright and sometimes gawdy cover. He noticed titles such as "Gilderoy Lockheart's guide to dating" and "So you've Decided to take the Plunge: A house-elf's Companion" The oppossite wall was a ceiling to floor mirror.
In the corner there was a well-lit display, that on inspection, contained various types of after-shave. Dobby tentatively picked up a bottle labelled "Elf Lauren" he carefully sprayed some, it emitted a fragrant purple haze that lingered in the air a few seconds before fading, leaving bhind it the scent of furniture polish. Dobby enhaled deeply.
"Winky will like that" he thought to himself.
He looked around the room with the intention of investigating the room further. He noticed there was a large curtain where they ought to have been a third wall. He drew back the curtain and felt his eyes water with emotion. For the sight that lay behind the curtain was something that no house-elf coulod ever dream of possessing. Behind the curtains was rows upon rows of clothes, and to Dobby's particular delight an entire section devoted to socks! And not a single matching pair among them!
There were all kinds of extravagent jumpers(sweaters) with bold, floral patterns. Jackets made from beautiful, elegant materials. As he gazed around the room in wonder, he felt confident that this room would yield the answers to his problem. He would not leave this room until he was properly prepared to make his feelings known to Winky.

Last edited by MaudMoonshine; February 23rd, 2006 at 9:56 pm.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 5:56 pm
Second Year

A good little House-Elf

As Winky sat in the kitchens of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she allowed her mind to wander. It is not in the nature of a house-elf to daydream, they much prefer to be hard at work. But it being summer there was little else to do, and so Winky sat pensively at the table for what could have been several days as far as she was concerned. For Winky was thinking of something that was often on her mind these days.
Winky had been brought up just as a young house-elf ought to be. She knew her place in the world, she enjoyed working hard and had all the right values that a house-elf needed to have. She knew that she was bound to serve the Crouches for her entire life. Her mother had been terribly proud of her and she never worried that Winky would bring shame on the family.
Winky heaved a great sigh. "How would my mother react if she were to know?" she said aloud to the empty room. Her entire family had served the Crouch family. She had let the family down. But this is not what was troubling Winky. No Winky's problem ran much deeper than this. The problem was that Winky had was that she was perfectly happy at work in Hogwarts. It did not trouble in the least that she did not work for the Crouch family anymore. And that was the problem. She was filled with guilt at the thought of it. She should feel terrible but the truth was that she had never been happier.
Dobby had really looked after her these past months. He was constantly talking about SPEW, and at first she had just joined in an attempt to silence him. She went to a few meetings and to her horror she found herself agreeing with what was being said! She had changed a lot and it was all thanks to Dobby.
Dobby. Just thinking the name brought a smile to her face. He eased her conscience with a mere smile and Winky had really grown fond of him. She was begining to wonder if he felt the same way though. She certainly had caught him staring at her and he was always getting flustered whenever she sat near him and he had turned positively beetroot the other day when her hand brushed against his whilst polishing the brass. But maybe she was wrong. He had made no attempt to speak of his feelings...
Just as she was thinking of him Dobby entered the kitchens. He looked different, he looked nice, she thought to herself. And what was that lovely smell?
"Winky" he said with a strange determination. "We need to talk"

Last edited by MaudMoonshine; March 8th, 2006 at 2:43 pm.
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:48 am
Second Year

His heart was thumping. He didn't know where to look. He knew he ought to look at her but this was too difficult so he instead decided to look slightly to the left of her. He desperately tried to think of everything he had read in the past hour,
"Be casual. Try not to look over eager”
Dobby took a deep breath. He steadied himself and just as he attempted to open his mouth, something occurred to him.
“What if she says no?”
All of a sudden he couldn’t speak. He just couldn’t do it. He was about to ask Winky the most important question in his life. There was no way he could stay calm now. Winky was growing restless, he had to say something but what?
“Em…em…I is just wondering if perhaps…em…maybe…em…if you is wanting to em….”
Winky’s hopeful eyes widened. This was it she thought. It had to be.
“Em…maybe…em”
The door to the kitchen opened with a bang and in strode Gronst.
“Hey Winky, do you want to come out with me tonight?” he said with an air of confidence.
Winky looked from one to the other.

Last edited by MaudMoonshine; March 8th, 2006 at 2:44 pm.
Old March 7th, 2006, 12:39 pm
Second Year

If you have anything you might like to add (positive or neagative) please post your comment here. Thanks for all the owls I've got! I really appreciate all feedback! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=84869

Last edited by MaudMoonshine; March 8th, 2006 at 2:47 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts