Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Which character looked most different in the movie from how you pictured them?

Old July 22nd, 2012, 5:46 am
First Year

Re: Which character looked most different in the movie from how you pictured them?

Remus Lupin for me. xD
For some reason while reading the books I imagined him an older man (even though in the books it did say he was young looking). In that respect I shouldn't have been so surprised when I saw the actor, but I was. Haha!

Old July 22nd, 2012, 6:37 pm
First Year

Re: Which character looked most different in the movie from how you pictured them?

Although I thought Rupert Grint did a fantastic job portraying Ron Weasley, I thought that he looked most different aside from the other characters portrayed in the book. Grint's character was built very solid, yet in the book Ron Weasley was written as if he were thinner and taller.

Sing a song, a song of life, lived without regret, tell the ones, the ones I loved, I never will forget.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 6:44 pm
First Year

Yes, I also imagined the actor who played Ron to be taller and thinner. xD

Old July 22nd, 2012, 7:34 pm
Sixth Year

I remember that Tom Felton auditioned for Harry and then Ron. You think he'd have fit Ron better, appearance wise knowing what he looked like later (tall, thin)?

I wouldn't have changed Rupert though, he was always the best actor of the kids.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 7:51 pm
First Year

The only thing about Tom Felton is that he wouldn't have the read hair the Weasleys are known for. Can you imagine what he would look like if he dyed it that color? xD Haha!

Old July 22nd, 2012, 8:27 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
Bellatrix. Totally wrong. I imagined her as taller, haughtier, more an Elizabth Hurley bombshell type and had cast Helena Bonham Carter as Merope in my head. Couldn't you imagine her as Merope?
Poor Helena. Merope was described as ugly after all But I agree with you that as far as looks go she was totally wrong. Bellatrix is tall, Helena is short. Bellatrix has straight hair, Helena's is curly. Her eyes aren't heavily lidded and I have a hard time picturing her as an aristocrat. She just doesn't have the clout.

As for Narcissa-- I think they only gave the part because they had promised her she could play Bellatrix and when that didn't pan out she got Narcissa. I don't think she was cast because anyone thought she looked the part. I would have liked to see her as Bellatrix though, she is a better actress than Carter and better looking, IMO.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 9:42 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsegoddess View Post
The only thing about Tom Felton is that he wouldn't have the read hair the Weasleys are known for. Can you imagine what he would look like if he dyed it that color? xD Haha!
Well, platinum blonde isn't his color so either way he's dyed to hell. Heh.

For Narcissa, I always imagined her looking like what Lena Headey looks like as Cersei Lannister in "Game of Thrones".

Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:44 pm
First Year

I think Tom Felton fit the part of Draco even with his dyed hair. The sharpness of his facial features were how I had pictured him.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:47 pm
First Year

I think he fit the part too. He also did well in voicing. I always imagined Draco having a snobby, sharp voice.

Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:03 am
Fifth Year

Helena Bonham-Carter as Bellatrix was fine for me. She definitely has "heavy lidded eyes." Mmmhmmm. Plus her eyes are a bit more sunken naturally so it fits Bellatrix being more...ragged after Azkaban. In fact, i remember reading somewhere that Helena herself had told the costuming department to tone down Bellatrix's wardrobe and make up. Apparently the original design for her costumes were too...urhm...revealing?

I always thought the reason why Narcissa's hair was the way it was is to show resemblance to Bellatrix. Them being sisters after all.

Pottermore: PatronusBat
Please do not add me on Pottermore without owling me first! Or else my wand will speak for me!
Old July 23rd, 2012, 3:25 am
First Year

Hey there! The character I pictured differently the most? Sorry to say it like that but it just needs to be done- HARRY POTTER!!! Dan is such a bad actor and his abysmal crying scenes can be secondary only to his pitiful attempts to look brave and dedicated. Well, since I love this particular character to death and the most from the whole Saga, you can imagine I was bitterly disappointed...but it got better with time

Gambon was also a totally different Dumbledore from the man described in the books (Gambon never red them) but at least the man is a good actor. Darn good, actually...so I kinda of got used to his interpretation and surprisingly enjoyed it many times..but this took time as well

Lupin was different from what I'd expected but David Thewlis is so good that I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. This took no time at all.

Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Seamus are fair enough casts. Neville, Luna and Draco are amazing better than I have pictured them! McGonagall is a class...Maggie Smith, she is amazing Getting old though..I really hope she still has a lot of good years...Alan Rickman is of course a better Snape than the most actors would have interpreted out of the character and you could never say in the movie Alan Rickman is much older than his character. The man still looks darn good!

I love all this wonderful actresses and actors in the smaller roles- Robbie Coltrane, Helena Bonham Carter (I LOVE her), Jason Isaacs, Ralph Fiennes, Brendan Gleeson as Alastor Moody, Gary Oldman, Fiona Shaw as Petunia Dursley (she is incredible), Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew (amazing), David Thewlis as Remus Lupin, Emma Thompson as Sybill Trelawney, and Julie Walters as Molly Weasley. Incredible talent

Last edited by ginevraweasly; September 4th, 2012 at 12:28 am.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 9:30 am
First Year

Although he appears only in the last two books I"d like to mention Prof Slughorn. He's described as having an enormous belly and, when younger, a thatch of blond hair. I really like the actor, Jim Broadbent, who had the role but I had actually pictured Matt Lucas taking the part.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:57 pm
Sixth Year

Richard Griffiths (Vernon) looked more like what Slughorn's description suggested, IMO.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 1:34 pm
First Year

Richard Griffiths certainly has the "enormous" girth bless him but by the time HBP came out he'd played Uncle Vernon. That may be why I didn't visualise him as Horace. Matt Lucas has played a character (an out of work thespian) that has the air of pomposity,desperation and weakness that seems to define Sluggie. The character even (roughly) had the hair as described. I would post a pic but as I'm a newbie I don't want to infringe any copyrights!! Thanks for the reply.

Old August 8th, 2012, 1:28 pm
First Year

Remus Lupin
He felt too... clean, and professor-like in the films. I had imagined him, although rugged and lined, to seem younger in personality, and rather handsome, with boyish wide eyes that could turn stern at any time - his wisdom and maturity to be called upon, as opposed to constantly present as the film makes out.
Also, what happened to shabby coat? I didn't like that he always wore ties.
HOWEVER, David did an amazing job, as always. The actor is simply brilliant, and the young actors paled next to him and Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman. A scene with the trio after seeing these veterans made me giggle a bit.

Old August 8th, 2012, 9:02 pm
First Year

Definitely Wormtail..

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies