Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Book Six: A good or bad start?

Old October 15th, 2003, 9:29 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotsiepots
I'm curious to see if JKR will break from tradition and start book six somewhere other than Privet Drive.
It's interesting: and if she isn't going to follow Harry's point of view? If she will use Dumbledore's?
However I think that nothig bad will happen at the beginning of book VI: everything is already sad because of Sirius' death.

Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2003, 10:06 am
Seventh Year

Definately a bad one.

Mostly I think he'll be missing Sirius so much. If he thought he missed him while he was at Hogwarts and surrounded by friends, how much is it going to hit him when he's alone with the Dursleys? When he realises the life he could have had with Sirius as a Godfather, and now he doesn't have that and only has them? He might beat himself up about it, but I think other people will get a share of that too (he blames everyone!) and he is just generally gutted about it. That might mingle with anger too ... like I said he blames everyone, and what if he meets with some of the Order again and they try to talk about it all, when he doesn't seem to want to bring himself to talk about it? I can imagine his temper being stretched again.

And there's always something going wrong, and I don't see that pattern breaking. Especially not now. If nothing else, he has to spend time with the Dursleys, and he's not going to be over the moon about that!

Old October 15th, 2003, 10:11 am
McMugwump Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer
It's interesting: and if she isn't going to follow Harry's point of view? If she will use Dumbledore's?
However I think that nothig bad will happen at the beginning of book VI: everything is already sad because of Sirius' death.
Well, The Riddle House wasn't from Harry's perspective and that worked just fine. I can imagine it might be something similar to that.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old October 15th, 2003, 10:27 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotsiepots
Well, The Riddle House wasn't from Harry's perspective and that worked just fine. I can imagine it might be something similar to that.
Yeah something like the Riddle House would be okay. But I don't think she should just skip perspective without reason (the Riddle House was Harry dreaming) now ... I know she did in the Philosopher's Stone, but she hasn't since. It's become the recognised viewpoint, and the most interesting one because as we see what Harry sees, we learn what he learns and travel through the story by him. I don't think she should break that now.

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:13 pm
First Year

I agree with the genral mood that life will be horrible. Harry; still emotion sensor of Voldemort will be feeling lonely, depressed, angry and cut of from the wizarding world. He will feel when voldemort is happy and dread for his friends. He might get some more dreams. His only real source will be old Figgy. Even thought he is now allowed mail it will frustrate him all the more. They still can't send messages about the oder in case they are intercepted and they don't want too many owls around #12. Harry on the prowl at night will still be longing for any news. At least this year he won't be totally cut of and allone but figgy will not tell him all and he won't be allowed round there all the time. Anyway, Figgy might vistit London occasionally thogh she won't be connected to the Flu network will she!?. Anyhow, Harry will brood about Sirius, Cedric and the prophecy. His headaches, nightmares and mood will just get progressivly worse. :banghead: :censored:

Sorry to be so gloomy and sad!

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:45 pm
Seventh Year

Of course there will be a subdued beginning with regard to Harry, but I'm very aware that the last scene of OOTP was a rather uplifting one, as Harry realised how many people care about him. The Dursleys won't do anything horrible to him while they think a bunch of weirdos will appear on the doorstep, and Harry will be able to contact people who understand his feelings. It won't be long before we get some bad news from the outside world, though, possibly involving Hogwarts students being bereaved. Or rampaging giants.

My chief weapon is shipping neutrality...and avoidance of over-analysis. My two weapons are shipping neutrality, avoidance of over-analysis, and a sense of humour. My three weapons are shipping neutrality, avoidance of over-analysis, and a sense of humour...and an almost fanatical devotion to Remus Lupin. Among my weapons are...
...I'll come in again.
Old October 15th, 2003, 3:11 pm
Sixth Year

I don't think that book 6 will start with something really traumatic ie Harry getting a letter saying that Ron's dead or anything. On the other hand; it'll definately start something like OotP - Harry all moody and upset and introvert etc. Anything other than that would be a real shock after all that happened in OotP (Sirius' death and all that) and if Harry got upset over Cedric (not that he shouldn't) he'd be far more upset over Sirius.

Still, I can't see JKR repeating herself; which she will if she starts in Private Drive; with Harry mopey and depressed, not doing anything. [Think: OotP] That's why it's very possible that, as several people have commented; the book will start somewhere else; even though it would have to show the Dursleys in some scenarion; whether it's looking back and reflecting over the stay at Private Drive, or actually being there in person.

Old October 15th, 2003, 3:57 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auri DeMeer
Hopefully also, maybe we'll get to see something more of Mark Evans during the holidays...
Maybe harry goes on a rampage and joins Dudley in his quest for little kids to beat before he returns to school.
That would be an inventive way to meet Mark Evans.

Old October 16th, 2003, 1:08 am
Seventh Year

I think it will be a bad start, after what happend at the end of book 5, and we may have 2 or 3 years but in harrys world only about a month will have passed. All the feelings the gulit its still going to be there, this could be his worst summer I think 6th harry will hear more about muggle accidnetns maybe even get word of some Order people who have died, non close to him yet though,

Old October 16th, 2003, 2:01 am
Fifth Year

I think that Hermione & Ron (and perhaps a few others, maybe Molly & Ginny) will spend a few days with Mrs. Figg in order to visit Harry over the summer, now that her secret is out. Dudley is going to be taken with Hermione and start being nice to Harry (a little). Harry is gonna start grilling Petunia for more info about his mom & dad. Vernon will be the same old miserably annoying muggle that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiepots
Actually that kinda was from Harry's perspective, wasn't it? He dreamt it as it was happening!

Proud member of the Weasley Defense League
Old October 16th, 2003, 3:18 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherby
I think it'll be a little bit of both.
Nothing too serious could've happened during the summer to Harry but that doesn't mean something incredibly dangerous happened to the order.
But Harry's our spotlight and she wouldn't write about it after the fact unless she starts the book from the start of summer.
I think it will be a bit of both. However, there is a real possibility that Voldemort will try to attack Harry. Moreover, Harry no doubt will suffer at the hands of Uncle Vernon, although it will be reduced greatly from the first three books.

Old October 16th, 2003, 6:39 pm
Second Year

I think it will be a very emotional beginning. Harry will still be mourning the loss of Sirius, and he feels very guilty about it too. I kind of hope Harry will move out of the raging anger and move a little bit more into sadness and grieving. Just a thought.

Old October 16th, 2003, 9:30 pm
Fourth Year

I think that Book 6 maybe start out bad. At least emotionally due to the fact that Sirius died and Harry feels guilty. I'd expect a dream or two about Sirius's death and possibly a dream that will make Harry wonder if it was real or not. Perhaps a dream that one of his friends is in danger and he doesn't know what to do.

Old October 16th, 2003, 10:44 pm
Third Year

I think book 6 will recapture the tense aspect of Voldemort's return. We have had enough angsty Harry.
Voldemort didn't hide out a year ONLY planning the removal of the prophecy from the ministry, we know he spent some time and personnel on recruiting the giants, it's also obvious that Wormtail was suspiciously absent from the proceedings.
The stealth option is not as viable to Voldemort any more, so I think he'll fall back on the fear factor. I'm betting odd things will start happening right away.

"For once, Peabody, let us work out this problem step by step, in strictly logical fashion, instead of leaping across an abyss of speculation onto an unstable stepping-stone of theory." The Mummy Case
Old October 17th, 2003, 9:11 pm
First Year

Hmm .. don't laugh, but i have a weird feeling ..

I think that book six will start like this:

Harry dreams (like in book 4) and in his dream he sees the Dark Mark above the Burrow!
A Weasley has died!

Is this possible or likely?

(Excuse me for my English, but i speak Dutch)

Old October 22nd, 2003, 5:26 pm
First Year

Why doesn't anyone answer?

Old October 22nd, 2003, 7:32 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZz
Hmm .. don't laugh, but i have a weird feeling ..

I think that book six will start like this:

Harry dreams (like in book 4) and in his dream he sees the Dark Mark above the Burrow!
A Weasley has died!

Is this possible or likely?

(Excuse me for my English, but i speak Dutch)
Hi ReZz ... en welkom bij de forums!

Your idea is possible - some think he may have a dream about something bad happening to any of his friends and Harry being confused thinking it may be Voldemort's interferring again. The Dark Mark above the Burrow is certainly a thought. And then the words of Mr Weasley during the Quidditch World Cup in Book 4 would have been foreshadowing it...

Old October 22nd, 2003, 8:09 pm
Second Year

I think it will be a "bad" start. After what happned at the end of the Order of the Phoenix... you know, i really do think there will be something dark going on... like murderers and Harry blaming himself for Cedric's/Sirius's death...

And I agree with ReZz..

Harry will probably have a "Dream" about like one of the Weasley's dieing, and the dark mark over the burrow...

J.K.R said the trio will be together thru all 7 years, so Ron or Hermione won't die, they might however come close to it...

Maybe Mrs./Mr. Weasley dies?

Old October 22nd, 2003, 8:30 pm
Banned

I think at the very beginning of the book, Harrys still going to be feeling the loss of Sirius Black in a bad way, aspecially now he is surrounded by the Drusleys. Poor Harry; I think it will be a time of reflection as he has got a lot to think about and make up with friends. I can see him breaking the rules again at the Drusleys as well.

I don't think this period will last that long into the book. I think if Fred and George have anything to do with it, there going to whisk Harry away from that place and try and cheer him up by showing him there joke shop, with a few jokes thrown in for good measure. Now Fred and George can not help to change Harrys mood, nothing will.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 9:23 pm
First Year

The dark mark above the Burrow? Isn't the Burrow empty now since all the Weasleys are living in the Order's Headquarters? Unless the DE are after the ghoul in the attic

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies