Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bill and Fleur's Wedding

Old July 21st, 2005, 12:33 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJoe
Dude! Excellent idea, you should totally post that in the Horcrux thread. And I dont see why it wouldnt be Jo's style. If she can kill of a character like Dumbledore, surely shed be willing to have Death Eater's crash a party. If Jo is trying to realistically portray a war, the enemy wont have any respect for the sanctity of a marriage ceremony.
i have posted it there but it, so far, has been ignored. whatever

common sense isn't as common as it's let on to be.

promenade, the word that will forever be a scourge on my life. Wisconsin Regional spelling Bee 2002 second place , the place that is not good enough to go to state

Watching a dog work a field is poetry in motion.
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2005, 12:53 am
First Year

I like the idea of the Tiara being something important, and since when has JK let something small like a detail just slip out of the series? Remember Sirius' bike in PS/SS? Up comes book three and wham, Sirius is a major character. I just dont like the idea of a major battle. I do like the idea of a QWC scenario, where something happens afterwards, but i cant imagine when someone says 'Speak now or forever hold your peace' a death eater objects. It sounds like something out of a soap opera to tell the truth.

Old July 21st, 2005, 1:00 am
First Year

I don't think anything will happen at the wedding itself. My guess is, Harry will have met with Petunia by then and will have found out things he needs to ponder/discuss with other members of the Order (and Ron and Hermione, of course). The wedding's a good way to get them all together.

Old July 21st, 2005, 2:23 am
Fourth Year

egads that would be horrible! weddings are supposed to be sacrid and wonderful events in our lives!

i wouldnt be surprised if it took place right after, but hopefully not durring! hasnt bill been through enough already?

Old July 21st, 2005, 6:07 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo schmo
i agree that it is not her style, but i have a theory: what if the tiara that Fleur is going to wear at the wedding is the thing that belonged to Ravenclaw that LV made into a horcrux? it would be very likely that there could be an epic battle for at the wedding that is just a cover-up so that the DE's can get voldemort's horcrux.
Possibly, but I can't see how a possession of Ravenclaw's would end up in the hands of what appears to be a long line of Gryffindors.

Old July 21st, 2005, 6:21 am
First Year

Seeing a wedding turn into a battle ground is the kind of depressing thing that war brings about. One thing though, how will Voldemort and the DE's know where the wedding's taking place? They didn't discuss it in the book, as far as I know, and now that Snape's gone, Voldemort can't find out through any other spy.

Old July 21st, 2005, 7:46 am
Second Year

I don't believe that we will see any large scale fight so early in the book. Chances are that the wedding will only be mentioned briefly and used in a way as to bring all the characters together. I am thinking that the wedding event itself will be uneventful and not even merit a full chapter.

Old July 21st, 2005, 7:49 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbito
I don't believe that we will see any large scale fight so early in the book. Chances are that the wedding will only be mentioned briefly and used in a way as to bring all the characters together. I am thinking that the wedding event itself will be uneventful and not even merit a full chapter.
I think that maybe it will make Harry feel awkward about Ginny if anything and want to leave more because he has a hard time sticking to his discision when he gets around her.

Old July 21st, 2005, 8:13 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Maybe I'm wrong ,but It was my understanding that the wedding wasn't announced to the world until after Snape had fled the School .Also that the only ones who knew about it where family ,and a few close friends ,not the whole Order and not the teachers at School so unless I'm wrong Snape never knew about the wedding .

YOU'RE THE STATUE!

Sorted
Old July 21st, 2005, 9:02 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26
Maybe I'm wrong ,but It was my understanding that the wedding wasn't announced to the world until after Snape had fled the School .Also that the only ones who knew about it where family ,and a few close friends ,not the whole Order and not the teachers at School so unless I'm wrong Snape never knew about the wedding .
I dont think he did

Old July 21st, 2005, 9:39 am
First Year

its gonna be in the begining, things are usualy slow then.

I bet that something in the plot gets kicked off.

ya cant have that many wizards gathered without harry finding some sort of trouble eh?

Old July 21st, 2005, 9:43 am
First Year

well I bet there will be an epic battle, but not in the wedding

remember that JK said she will reveal something big about aunt Petunia?

I bet LV will try to attack Harry's muggle house only to find himself got kicked in the *** by aunt Petunia

Old July 21st, 2005, 10:09 am
First Year

I'm kinda hoping for a midnight wedding were bill transforms maybe not into the werewolf. but something that brings the wedding to a halt.(a Nundu could be fun)

Old July 21st, 2005, 2:01 pm
Third Year

I think it will be the time Percy is revealed as a DE. The Weasleys (especially Mrs Weasley) will invite Percy for the wedding. It was supposed to be kept as a secret, but Percy revealed the exact time and place to LV. I believed the new Minister for Magic is a DE in disguse too. Percy being the stupid and power hungry guy he is, will help the Minister.

I do believe the tiara had something to it too. It could be cursed and Fleur will attack everyone in sight?

Old July 21st, 2005, 3:52 pm
Third Year

I'm hoping the wedding will be one of the first two chapters, and will give Harry a happy memory or two to carry with him during his travels and battles (those horcruxes can't be destroyed with a poke, you know!). The Weasley's house has always provided refuge for Harry, hopefully this wedding celebration will not be any different.

Old July 21st, 2005, 3:54 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout1962
I'm hoping the wedding will be one of the first two chapters, and will give Harry a happy memory or two to carry with him during his travels and battles (those horcruxes can't be destroyed with a poke, you know!). The Weasley's house has always provided refuge for Harry, hopefully this wedding celebration will not be any different.
*poke* lol.

I hope nothing goes wrong. Yeah, Fleur doesn't seem like the nicest person ever, but its her wedding day. I hope nothing dark happens to ruin it.

Old July 21st, 2005, 4:28 pm
First Year

Really really doubtful. What I think is much more reasonable and likely is that it will be at this wedding where at least one of two, if not both, relationship things will occur.

1. Ron and Hermione will finally stop their dancing around the point and finally get together.

2. Harry will realize how silly it is to have broken up with Ginny and "get back" with her. I say "get back" because despie their words, they both obviously know how the other feels and being apart doesn't solve anything nor does it protect the other.

There's nothing like a wedding to spark romance among other couples.

Old July 21st, 2005, 7:00 pm
First Year

I've posted about this wedding in another thread, but I feel that I should bring it up here. I strongly believe that Fleur will be killed at the wedding, thus allowing Bill to team up with Harry to go find the rest of the Horcruces. Bill would be of tremendous help to Harry, plus providing some interesting conflicts when they must deal with Bill's werewolf-like tendencies. Bill will probably end up sacrificing himself for Harry by taking out that powerful werewolf whose name escapes me right now. As for Percy and the new Minister being DE's: highly doubtful. In times of great chaos, there are always ignorant leaders who believe that they have people's best interests at heart (*cough* Bush *cough*).

Old July 25th, 2005, 6:43 am
Third Year

I say no.

I think there will be a blast of Love Magic as Bill and Fluer declare their love and make vows. It should be more powerful than when the Veela were performing during the Quidditch World Cup.

We saw how Harry survived because his mother chose to die for him by love. Love is Harry's gift or power or whatever, but we haven't seen much about how Love Magic works. We've seen plenty of things that aren't love: infatuation, false friendship, popularity, but at the wedding I think we'll see some magic. It will also be interesting to see if wizards have traditions like throwing the bouquet and the garter.

Oh, I also think that Percy will get back together with the family. We saw that the Minister of Magic used him to speak to Harry, but he may have said something like "She's your mother, regardless of what happened, you have to respect her." I remember Percy spoke only to her.

Last edited by NoNEWTS; July 25th, 2005 at 7:10 am.
Old July 25th, 2005, 7:21 am
Second Year

why is it an excellent idea? its a wedding, they need a tiara, and the aunt has one... the weaslys are never said to be connected to rovenclaw, and if they were dont u think they would all be in ravenclaw rather than gryffindor..

i think the wedding wont be at the start of the book, it would be something like chapter 5 or 6, i think that it would start of at the dursleys, then harry does sone research and looking, then they get an owl with the date and time, then they go... at this point i think that some death eater trouble might happen, but nothing too severe!

Im a Hippogriff in the animals quiz
and
Im only 15% obssesed with Harry Potter!!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies