Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Can Harry still use Dumbledore's Pensieve?

Old November 28th, 2005, 7:23 pm
First Year

someone reply on the spell version of demetors kiss plzzzz i want to know wut other ppl think or if i was just really high at the time.

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2005, 7:33 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubt420
on a diffrent but related piont i fiugured out how to destroy a horocux adn destroy voldy if you read 0otp and remember the battle between dumby and voldy u remebr voldy laughed at dumby when he used a blue spell instead of a killing curse wll that blue spell was a spell version of the dementors kiss. That will suck the soul right out of the thing or person. Possibly an invention of voldy?

Is this your theory or something JKR has said? I dont remember her ever saying this. I think Dumbledore didnt use a killing curse on Voldy because he knew it wouldnt kill him because of his horcrux's. He knows that Harry has to kill Voldy also so why attempt to kill him.

Old November 28th, 2005, 7:35 pm
First Year

dumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixFelicus
Is this your theory or something JKR has said? I dont remember her ever saying this. I think Dumbledore didnt use a killing curse on Voldy because he knew it wouldnt kill him because of his horcrux's. He knows that Harry has to kill Voldy also so why attempt to kill him.
NO dumby used the blue spell and voldy the killing curse and no i got really high one time and though of this.

Old November 28th, 2005, 7:38 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by maebelle
That might come in handy.
Thanks maebelle...I really dont think Dumbledore is dead but Harry will have to go back to Hogwarts in his 7th year and when I read this thread I thought that it would be a good way to see how Dumbledore actually defeated Grinwald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubt420
NO dumby used the blue spell and voldy the killing curse and no i got really high one time and though of this.
No wonder no one is responding to you...nice language!

I was trying to clarify it for myself but if thats the way your are going to communicate then never mind...have fun with your "high" theory which still doesnt make any sense to me.

Old November 28th, 2005, 7:45 pm
First Year

Quote:
Thanks maebelle...I really dont think Dumbledore is dead but Harry will have to go back to Hogwarts in his 7th year and when I read this thread I thought that it would be a good way to see how Dumbledore actually defeated Grinwald.

No wonder no one is responding to you...nice language!

I was trying to clarify it for myself but if thats the way your are going to communicate then never mind...have fun with your "high" theory which still doesnt make any sense to me.
how does this not make sense but if it doeesnt i want to explain it better then. Ok i read an interview about JK and someone asked her wut the spell dumbledore used on lord voldemort. Voldemort used the killing curse while dumbldore used the uknown(blue0 curse/spell. I think that dumbldore used a spell version of the dementors kiss the kiss that sucks the soul out of your mouth. Dubldore sadi that he suspected that voldy had horocuxes adn used this spell to try and rob him of his soul and he knew that only harry could kill him so it was piotless to use avada kedavra .

Old November 28th, 2005, 7:55 pm
Fallen Angel

Is there a connection between the spells used in the fight at the Ministry and Harry's use of Dumbledore's pensieve that I'm not seeing? If not, the thread needs to go back on topic, please.

Old November 28th, 2005, 7:57 pm
First Year

not really but i felt i should share this with yall nad see wut yall though about it i mean i t hink its good but i was so high it could be completley reatarded.

Old November 28th, 2005, 8:00 pm
Second Year

well dumbledore was really getting on in years so he must have put his affairs in order so i excpect that if their were memories that he still wanted to see he would have probably left them to harry the grindalwald thing's a good call felixfelicusbut even better what if he had a memory telling why he trusted snape ? incase somethng like this happened

Ambition, Courage, Hard work, and Logic

All FOUR of them are necessary
Old November 28th, 2005, 8:04 pm
Qvack...

I'm not sure that the Pensieve is the perfect place to keep a memory stored. Remember that they float over on another, and each of the ones Harry saw in Book 6 were bottled. Maybe the Pensieve can't hold them all in together, maybe each has to be separate to work properly after the person has died... Just a thought.

THE DUCK.

Old November 28th, 2005, 8:09 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes_green
well dumbledore was really getting on in years so he must have put his affairs in order so i excpect that if their were memories that he still wanted to see he would have probably left them to harry the grindalwald thing's a good call felixfelicusbut even better what if he had a memory telling why he trusted snape ? incase somethng like this happened
I can see that to eyes_green but I think that conclusion of why he trusts Snape so much must come when the 2 confront each other. Harry will be full of rage and Snape hates Harry so the 2 of them have to meet face to face. I think it would be a let down if he found out in the pesieve...just my opinion.

Old November 28th, 2005, 8:44 pm
First Year

I'm sure he probably can. It could help Harry unlock more clues on how to defeat Voldemort.

Old November 28th, 2005, 10:11 pm
First Year

Dumbledore's pensieve would greatly help Harry, though I think that with all *** memores we saw in HBP it was enough. Still, it would be very helpful.

Old November 28th, 2005, 11:26 pm
Snidget of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evita82
No, given that most of the memories Harry watches in HBP are from dead people (and elves)
I beg to differ, Evita. I must contradict you in saying that Harry can most likely use the memories that he was shown by Dumbledore in HBP. You forget that they came in crystal bottles, in which they were stored. That being said, after the lessons Dumbledore most likely put the memories back in the crystal bottles and stored them away. If there were any memories in the Pensieve when Dumbledore died, anyone could view them. Since the memories are being stored, it does not matter if the person who remembered them is dead, since they have no recollection at all of the memory when they die if it is inside the Pensieve. Perhaps Dumbledore left some important memories inside the Pensieve before he and Harry went to find the Horcrux? Something to help Harry find the remaining ones?

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old November 28th, 2005, 11:50 pm
Squee-worthy

Maybe Dumbledore has memories stored..but not in the pensieve...like someone else said..if it was in the pensieve then Harry would only come upon that certain one by luck because of the fact that many thoughts swirl around in the pensieve, but if Dumbledore has them bottled then it would be more helpful to harry...

Anyway what type of memories would be helpful? I think anything about Snape and Dumbledore (if Snape is good). I have a question though...all of the Pensieve "thoughts" we have seen were events, could Dumbledore actually put thoughts in the Pensieve? I don't think so because everything tends to be memories but if thoughts could be but in the Pensieve also then Dumbledore's thoughts could help Harry a lot more then Dumbledore's Memories....

Old November 29th, 2005, 2:19 am
Sixth Year

I think Harry will be able to use Dumbledore's pensieve as long as no magic is required to keep the memories in the 'misty' state that allows them to be viewed. From the description in OOTP when Snape was pulling out a few last memories before Harry's occlumency lesson it didn't seem like it.

Old November 30th, 2005, 7:03 am
First Year

Quote:
What if Dumbledore left the memory of his defeat of Grinwald in there for Harry as something he can do to defeat Voldemort? I like this theory of Harry using the pensieve in this manner
Don't forget - there's another tale that would prove more invaluable than Dumbledore's defeat of Grindelwald in Harry's quest during book seven: the thrilling tale of how he defeated the seventh of Voldemort's soul in the ring. I think reviewing the memory as it was, as you could with a Penseive, would do it more than enough justice. Dumbledore has a habit of storing valuable memories in the Penseive: i.e., the Bagman trial, the Lestrange trial, his recollection of the Prophecy, etcetera, etcetera. His memory of how he destroyed the ring Horcrux would certainly prove valuable enough to store and would show Harry, once he has found a Horcrux, how to destroy it - without the risk of actually being there.

As for being able to use to Penseive, Harry's certainly seen it in use more than enough times. He should be able to figure it out.

Old November 30th, 2005, 5:38 pm
First Year

I think dumbledore's portrait will give Harry permission to use the pensieve. Maybe Harry could stay at Hogwarts for some days to discuss about how to hunt down all of Voldermort's soul and how to spot the magic traps lied by voldermort (like the traps in the cave. Dumbledore could spot it but Harry can't.) The pensieve is very important for Harry to track down the location of the horcruxes as shown in HBP. The memories will give Harry idea about the location of the horcruxes.

Old December 20th, 2005, 2:14 am
First Year

Pensieve thoughts

It occurs to me that Dumbledore has a collection of thoughts in bottles to be used in a pensieve. This being the case is Harry likely to come into contact with some that can teach him things.

But more importantly is it possible that he may come across a message from his parents. Knowing they might not surivive may they have left something like this in the hands of Dumbledore to be given to Harry at an appropriate time. What do you think?

Oook!
Old December 20th, 2005, 2:17 am
Sixth Year

Re: Pensieve thoughts

Maybe. I think his parents and almost everyone from the order has used the pensieve at least once. I think James and Lily did leave a couple memoreis for him to see. That may lead to the huge thing about lily.

Being perfect is when you can look someone in the eye and know you did not let them down. - Friday Night Lights

"When I pray, you answer me; and encourage me by giving me the strength I need." - Psalm 138:3
Old December 20th, 2005, 2:35 am
Second Year

Re: Pensieve thoughts

That is a great theory! I mean, they were in the Order, with Dumbledore right there, they probably did use it. And JK did say, as voldyvolvol reminded us, that a lot of stuff about Lily would be told in book seven!

canon = love

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies