Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Book 5 - Personal Predictions

Old May 26th, 2003, 8:38 am
First Year

Voldemort does not have time travel abilities. If he did the whole world would be under his control.

Cho will start to use her past relationship with cedric to get attention, and harry will realise she is just a silly git.

Ron and Hermione will get together.

After Harry gets back from his dangerous adventure (whatever it may be) and people will crowd around him to see if he is okay. Ginny will push huge crowds out of her way in an effort to get to Harry, when Harry see's Ginny's concern he see's her in a new light, which developes into a Ginny/Harry romance.

Hagrid will go to the giants, and one of them will propose a meeting with Dumbledore. The head giant will come to Hogwarts, and the students respect to him
(Dumbledore told them all to be nice, and Harry locked Malfoy in a closet) made him decide to ally with Dumbledores crowd.

The order of the pheonix is a Dark order who's purpose is to discover immortality.

Dobby will be killed by dark magic, bringing some of the house elves over to Dumbledore's side.We now have, giants, wizards and house elves.

Harry's, hagrids or maybe the new dada teacher will get the job of trying to gain alliance with the centaurs. Most will say no, but Firenze will lead a group who are sick of watching the future and and to take a hand in it.

Sirius's name will be cleared, but some people who are Fudge supporters will not believe he is innocent.

Harry will go to live with him. (i'm not sure this one is likely).

to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last Day.
-Aiel Oath
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2003, 11:20 pm
First Year

It's a weird one. but a guess of mine is that Parvati will be the one to die. But not by You-know-Who but by Percy. Parvati is a fan of Harry and she must beware of a red-haired man. Of the Weasleys Percy is the most, well uncertain one, so that's my guess.

*should start a nice discussion*

Old May 26th, 2003, 11:28 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Parvati is a fan of Harry and she must beware of a red-haired man. Of the Weasleys Percy is the most, well uncertain one, so that's my guess.
I like that idea, Percy certainly would be a common choice for having to beware in the future. Parvati could be the by-product of Percy's actions when or if he goes to the dark side. Although, I don't think she is quite a large fan of Harry's after the ball, so she isn't really a fan of Harry's. But its a good idea for her to be attacked by percy in one way or another in the near future..

Old May 27th, 2003, 12:51 am
Fifth Year

Relationship predictions:

-Ron will realize how he feels about Hermione, and perhaps tell her about them.

-Harry will find a new love. (not Cho)

-Hagrid and Madame Maxine will fall in love.

Death Predictions

-Hagrid will die (sorry Madame)

-another wildcard will die, i'm betting on Molly Weasly or Dumbledore.(not both)

-Another student will die (not one of the Weasly's)

Plot Prediction

-The Order of the Pheonix is the "old crowd" that Dumbledore gathered to fight Voldemort.

-Harry is the Heir of Griffyndor (his birth caused Voldemort to target him and his father)

- Lily's family is magical

- We will see the Ministry of Magic

<center>"What's this? Sittin' around watching the telly while there's evil still afoot? It's not very industrious of you. I say we go out there and kick a little demon ***!... Come on! Vampires! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate them, for justice, and for... the safety of puppies... and Christmas, right? Let's fight that evil! Let's kill something! Oh, come on! "</center> </center>
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:59 am
Third Year

Quote:
Hagrid and Madame Maxine will fall in love.
I think that has already happened.

Another personal prediction: One of the major themes of this book is going to be family.

Old May 27th, 2003, 3:07 am
Second Year

My predictions, love them and hate them...

-Harry is both the heir to Gryffindor (James) and Slytherin (Lily)
-Ron will eventually get together with Hermione
-Harry will eventually get together with Ginny
-The twins will open their joke shop to great success
-Percy, he will make the decision of what is right, not of what is easy
-Petunia is a squib
-Snape shows that he is on the right side
-Hagrid and Maxine will get together
-Cho will blame Harry for Cedric's death
-Fleur will be assistant DADA teacher, while Mrs. Figg will be the new DADA teacher
-Doby dies saving Harry
-Mr. Weasly and Mr. Diggory will become major players in the MoM and one of them will become the next head of MoM

That is my 2 cents...

Old May 27th, 2003, 5:09 am
First Year

1.) Ron and Hermione will go out.
2.) The twins invent more and new joke equipment.
3.) Percy will be tempted to the dark side.
4.) A huge secret about Snape will be revealed.
5.) Hermione is once again the top of the class in her year.
6.) Lupin and Black will tell Harry some stories of the Mauraders' adventures.
7.) Dementors and current prisoners who have enough sane in them will join Voldemort.
8.) Hagrid and Maxime succeed in getting the giants to join Dumbledore.
9.) Dumbledore asks the house elves of Hogwarts to join him for future battles.
10.) Mrs. Weasley is murdered.
11.) After doing something really really heroic, like save lives or something, Harry will receive an award even higher than Order of Merlin, First Class, the Order of the Phoenix.

Old May 27th, 2003, 5:26 am
First Year

1. The Weasly Twins become co-captians of the Gryffindor Quidditch team.
2. Hagrid or Mrs. Weasly will die
3. Hagrid goes to the giants
4. Snape acts as a spy in Voldemort's inner-circle. Possibly forms a spy network.
5. Hermione and Ron will fall for each other.
6. Harry and Cho fall for each other
7. Percy is the new Minister of Magical Law enforcement.

Old May 27th, 2003, 7:14 am
First Year

this is what i think will happen
1. harry is the heir of griffindor
2.ron will become griffindor's keeper
3.sirius's name will be cleared and harry will live with him
4.harry will be quddich captian
5.hermione will become a prefect
6.ron will work up his nerve and tell hermione he likes her
7. harry will save ginny's life
8.cho will tell harry she likes him
9. harry will think alot about the kiss hermione gave him at the end of GoF
10.we will find out yhat petuina is a squib

Old May 27th, 2003, 7:15 am
First Year

o yea and hagrid will die

Old May 27th, 2003, 12:16 pm
Second Year

Fun Thread!! Here're 21 Predictions:

1. Harry is not anyone's heir but his parents. However, DD tells him that Trelwaney's first prediction was that Harry (described by his birthdate, or eye color, or the traits of his parents, etc.) would be the only person capable of stopping Voldy from taking over the world.

2. Ron is the new keeper. Someone else (Angelina? Harry?) is appointed captain, but decides that they can't handle it after the first game, so Ron eventually becomes captain.

3. Hermione and Draco are made prefects. Not Ron or Harry. We don't learn anything about the OWL results until Book 6, because the results come out in the summer (however, I think all four will do very well with Hermione leading, Harry a close second, and Draco a close third).

4. Angelina may be Head Girl, but most likely HG and HB won't be anyone we know, so they won't be menitoned.

5. Later on in the book, Percy will get caught up in the Fudge faction at the MOM, and inadvertently put his mother in great harm. She will not die (saved by her husband, Bill or Ron), though it'll be a close call. This incident will change Percy's priorities and bring him back from the brink.

6. Bill will either quit his job in Egypt and get a new job at the MOM, or he will transfer to the the Gringotts in London. He'll want to be near his family right now to support and protect. He might do occasional free-lance curse-breaking/protection work at Hogwarts.

7. Fleur will return as Flitwick's assistant. She'll get a chance to see a little bit more of Bill and a little something may start between them. If it happens, it'll be very peripheral, and we'll only learn about it because Ron will feel jealous and inferior, then slowly gain confidence and rise above it.

8. Harry and Cho will go out on one or two dates, but it'll be awkward because of Cedric, and they'll realize that whatever chemistry H/Ch once had, is now gone.

9. Ron and Hermione will begin a turbulent relationship which will end rockily near the close of Book 5, or the beginning of Book 6.

10. Ginny and Harry will spend a little more time together, taking refuge from the R/Hr angry sparks. Ginny will realize that Harry will never see her as anything more than a little sister, so she will eventually hook up with someone who's much better suited to her. Harry will suddenly notice Ginny, but it will be too late and he'll nurse a quiet jealousy, which will fade out in time.

11.Throughout Book 5, Harry will become closer with Hermione, but won't become conscious of her importance in his life until it is threatened in some way towards the end of the book.

12. Hagrid and Maxime will succeed in bringing the giants over to their side. Hagrid will be reunited with his mother and convince her to return with him to England. Hagrid will be killed by Fudge or Percy.

13. The Order of the Phoenix is not a group of people but a secret honorary level, which once attained, confers extra powers on that person. Like the Order of Merlin, but practical, rather than just figural. When DD tells Harry about Trelawney's prediction (and everything else), he will reveal that Harry is eligible to begin work towards earning the OotP which, if he succeeds, will increase his natural talents, his focus, etc. In working towards the OotP, Harry has to discover and use the hidden power of the chamber pot room.

14. DD will tell Harry all about his involved plan for Harry's protection which will include Mrs. Figg (not secret-keeper, but rather watch-dog), Petunia, Snape, Mc Gonagall, and Hagrid. Harry will be shocked to discover that Snape has been on his side all along.

15. After Snape spends the summer spying out Azkaban, he and Sirius will have to go on a mission which will force them to rely solely on each other and their skills (animagus, former Az knowledge, potions, curses, etc.) to attempt to prevent the dementors from joining Voldy and releasing all of Voldy's supporters. They will try to strengthen those innocently imprisoned to help form an insurrection.
The plan will only partially succeed. Voldemort will get his strongest supporters, but not the dementors (which will be destroyed by the combined efforts of all the old crowd + Harry). At least one of the supporters returned to Voldy will be a spy (the mysterious 4th person at the Crouch, Jr. trial, and perhaps Mr. Lestrange).

16. Winky will turn spy for the Dark side. Dobby may die trying to protect Harry from her.

17. Peter Pettigrew will have to confront Sirius, Lupin and Snape again. He may be killed by Voldemort or Winky in fufilling is life debt to Harry. Sirius' name will be cleared at the end of Book V, right as Rita Skeeter is preparing to end him.

18. Rita Skeeter will be the new DADA teacher (though I wouldn't be surprised by Narcissa Malfoy), appointed by Fudge. She helps Fudge discredit DD to the parents and the Board, and DD is sacked, about halfway through the book. Mc Gonagall steps in, but Skeeter makes things so difficult that MG's not able to accomplish much. At the end of the book, Rita's either revealed to be a Death Eater, or becomes one and is found out. She goes into hiding with Voldy's clan.

19. Malfoy will begin at the height of obnoxiousness. Halfway through the book there will be a confrontation between his father and Snape which will cause him to re-examine everything he was raised to believe. The end of Book 5 will leave him still undecided and questioning, but he will have made one small action in favor of DD's side.

20. Harry will seek out Neville and confide in him, which will encourage Neville to tell Harry and Hermione the story of his parents. H and Hr will start thinking about what he might have seen, and will enlist Bill and Fleur's help to break the memory charm on Neville.

21. Hermione will begin work on becoming an animagus. (JK already stated that Harry would not become an animagus, somehow, I don't think it would appeal to Ron).

Old May 27th, 2003, 2:48 pm
Superman

I'm basing mine on the predictions on the Book 5 Prediction Challenge.

1. What is the Order of the Phoenix?
It will be a group of witches and wizards bound by a common goal.
2. Why do some people become ghosts and not others?
They die unhappy and need to fulfill this void before moving on.
3. Who will die?
Hagrid.
4. Who will fall in love with whom?
Harry will fall in love with Hermione, however she will be torn between the two boys, Ginny will remain infatuated with Harry.
5. What is the big revelation about Lily?
She had a love affair with Snape during their last years at Hogwarts.
6. Who will fill in the empty spots on the Gryffindor Quidditch team?
Ron will be Keeper.
7. Who will be the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
Mrs Figg - who won't be as she seems.
8. Who will become prefects?
We don't know the number of prefects elected but I'll say - Harry, Hermione, Draco, Justin and somebody else
9. With whom will Percy side in this book?
JK has never seen things in black and white and this is no different, there will be no sides just many, many shades of grey.
10. Will Sirius get caught in this book?
No.
11. What was Snape sent to do?
Can you say polyjuice potion? He was sent to get some information quickly before the school year began.
12. What was Hagrid sent to do?
He was sent to join forces with the giants, he will fail.
13. What will happen with SPEW?
Over the next two years Hermione and Co will cause the oppressed House Elves to break away from their slavery and become a powerful ally.
14. Why does Peeves obey the Bloody Baron?
I think the Bloody Baron was once the fifth member of the Ghostbusters.
15. Will Harry get the Marauder’s Map back?
Yes.
16. Is Harry the Heir of Gryffindor?
He better not be.
17. Is Snape a vampire?
The theory is flawed so I think not.
18. Is Dumbledore an animagus?
Nope.
19. Anything you’d like to add?
No.

Ronald Weasley is Harry's best friend, best known to his peers as living proof that God doesn't exist.

Hermione Granger is Harry's other friend. She possesses the "plot device", a mystical artifact famed for its ability to counter the feared Wryter's Block.

Ginny Weasley The girl Harry loves. Without her, Harry would have been just as emo in the sixth book as he was in the fifth book.

Source: Uncyclopedia
Old May 27th, 2003, 6:29 pm
Second Year

This is a great thread and I am glad someone started it. We can all come back here and laugh at what we thought would happen.

Some of my predictions:

Hermione will become prefect

The DE will target Hermione because she is a muggle born and people think she is Harry's girlfriend.

Ron will be in some sort of danger also. I think that the DE will target Harry's friends because they can't directly get to him.

Ginny will get over her crush with Harry. They will become closer as friends and she will become very important to the fight against Voldemort. I see her 'blossoming' and become a little more independent (we will see more of the fiery temper that red heads are noted for).

Ron and Hermione will resolve some of their issues. They might date a time or two but realize that they are just friends.

Harry will get over his crush on Cho. Might make some moves towards her but will realize it won't work.

I really don't see too much in the 'falling in love' department in this book. They are too young and are worried about the future. They will have some crushes and maybe a few dates but nothing serious.

Ron will be tempted or mislead into betraying Harry but will make the choice of what is right versus what is easy.

Narcissa will be the next DADA teacher.

Percy will be torn between his family and his duty to his job and it will cause problems for him.

I think Hagrid will die trying to save Harry.

I can't think of anything other than that.

Happy posting

Old May 27th, 2003, 6:53 pm
Fifth Year

Great thread idea.

Before, I dive into my predictions, I would like to add I had a really weird dream in which I found a copy of Book 5. Some of my more crazed parts are taken from said dream. It isn't because I think the dream will come true either. I just want everyone to know what a loon I am.

1) Ron and Hermione will start dating, even though I'd wish it would be Harry and Hermione.

2) The OWLS are a mix of written and performance based tests.

3) The Oder of the Phoenix has to do with Voldemort's search for immortality. Speaking of which, Voldemort will acquire some kind fo book that tells him what he needs.

4) Dumbledore's quote happens close to the begining. He wishes he had told Harry at the end of year 4--now that Voldemort's back, Dumbledore will want Harry to know the truth. And don't worry, there will still be many surprises along the way. It will take place no later than the end of the welcome feast.

5) Voldemort will know that Harry has been told. Either by spy or somehow he will see it for himself.

6) Voldemort will set the dementors free.

7) Hagird was sent to find the giants and offer friendship. They accept.

8) Winky starts harassing Harry.

9) Dobby and/or Molly Weasly die.

10) The "dream" mentioned by scholastic will come true. Maybe not in Book 5, but it will come true.

11) Fleur becomes DADA teacher.

Old May 28th, 2003, 6:22 am
First Year

Maybe it's late...maybe I haven't had enough sleep...:yawn:

Here's my goofy prediction:

Fred and George open a successful joke shop..the name being..

.."Jim and I's Jokes" (Gemini's)

Okay, that went over like a screen door on a submarine....

Old May 28th, 2003, 9:13 am
McMugwump Supreme

I'm ripping-off Picko's idea and answering the Book Five Challenge questions:

1. What is the Order of the Phoenix?
A group of witches and wizards who are allied against Voldemort. Dumbledore is their leader.

2. Why do some people become ghosts and not others?
People who haven't come to terms with the fact that they're dead turn into ghosts. This gives them the opportunity to tie up any loose ends and move on.

3. Who will die?
The new DADA and Mrs Weasley.

4. Who will fall in love with whom?
Ron and Hermione. Harry will remain merrily single.

There are revelations about Lily? Erm...I'm not sure.

6. Who will fill in the empty spots on the Gryffindor Quidditch team?
Isn't there only one? The new Keeper will be Ron.

7. Who will be the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?
Mrs Figg.

8. Who will become prefects?
Draco, Hermione, Harry, Hannah Abbot and...a random Ravenclaw.

9. With whom will Percy side in this book?
His family.

10. Will Sirius get caught in this book?
No. That wouldn't be very exciting, would it?

11. What was Snape sent to do?
I'm undecided. I suppose he was conducting some top-secret work for Dumbledore -- perhaps to validate Harry's story?

12. What was Hagrid sent to do?
To convince the giants not to join Voldemort.

13. What will happen with SPEW?
Nothing. I thought it was only a book four folly.

14. Why does Peeves obey the Bloody Baron?
Because the Bloody Baron is one scary ghost.

15. Will Harry get the Marauder?s Map back?
Yes.

16. Is Harry the Heir of Gryffindor?
No. Dumbledore is.

17. Is Snape a vampire?
No.

18. Is Dumbledore an animagus?
I think he's beyond an animagus. He has powers that we'll never understand -- he's more sophisticated than to turn himself into an animal. Perhaps he's a special kind of animagus who can transform into a magical creature?

19. Anything you?d like to add?
Snarf.

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old May 28th, 2003, 9:30 am
Registered Animagus

I'm going to answer the challenge questions to.

1. What is the Order of the Phoenix? A group of wizards in Dumbledore's inner circle who fight Voldemort.

2. Why do some people become ghosts and not others? Because they are depressed or die in special circumstances.

3. Who will die? Hagrid and Arthur Weasley.

4. Who will fall in love with whom? Ron will fall in love with Hermione and Harry will fall further for Cho Chang.

I'm not sure we'll find anything new out in Ootp. We'll probably learn more about James.

6. Who will fill in the empty spots on the Gryffindor Quidditch team? Ron.

7. Who will be the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? Arabella Figg

8. Who will become prefects? Hermione, Draco, Harry..

9. With whom will Percy side in this book? He'll side with Fudge at first then realise his loyalities lie with his family.

10. Will Sirius get caught in this book? No.

11. What was Snape sent to do? He was sent to "aid" Voldemort? I don't know.

12. What was Hagrid sent to do? He was sent to try and get help from his mum and other giants.

13. What will happen with SPEW? It won't go well. Hermione may reach a couple of more house elves but most of them will resist as will the wizarding community.

14. Why does Peeves obey the Bloody Baron? He's dangerous? He could banish him from Hogwarts.

15. Will Harry get the Marauder?s Map back? Yes. It's dead useful.

16. Is Harry the Heir of Gryffindor? No.
Aberforth and Dumbledore are.

17. Is Snape a vampire? No.

18. Is Dumbledore an animagus? He could be one of the five. It would be like Hermione not to tell them and assume they'll do the reading themselves. So yes.

19. Anything you?d like to add?Dudley will be slightly slimmer.

Old May 28th, 2003, 10:40 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenshin (original post)
6.) Lupin and Black will tell Harry some stories of the Mauraders' adventures.
Ooh, I never thought of what that would be like... How cool!!! I'd absolutely LOVE to hear more about the Maurauders' tales. If Sirius or Lupin die, I will be REALLY :censored: off!!! :angry:

Old May 28th, 2003, 12:23 pm
Second Year

The questions several peopled have answered within this thread are part of the Book 5 challenge and you aren't supposed to submit your answers until June 15.

Personally, I think there's at least one question among them that's completely irrelevant. Can we go back to just listing our own ideas and leave the challenge for a few more weeks?

Old May 28th, 2003, 2:08 pm
Fifth Year

Another personal prediction that has been mentioned but hasn't really gotten a lot of publicity is that McGonalgall is related to Harry or at least very close to him for a unknown reason. There is actually quite a bit of clues that suggest it. Every time Harry was in mortal danger (such as the fourth task) or a very happy event (quidditch final in POA) McGonagall was there. And it seems to me that her reactions and comments vaguely and specifically represent the sort which is used by a caring parent or relative. Out of all the teachers, whe is the one who is shown with the most emotion towards Harry. And she practices more empathy on him then would be usually expected from her which could be the product of, say, favoritism? (given, he is HARRY POTTER, but she does practice it more than other teachers though.) Sentences like "He noticed that her hand shook as she pointed at his shoulder." pushes me to believe that McGonagall is related to Harry, or as a bare minimum, has some sort of feeling of duty to look after him because of some unknown happening which we have never heard of. Guess we'll find out soon enough though!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies