Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Final Fantasy

Old June 20th, 2012, 10:01 am
First Year

Re: Final Fantasy

Yaizmat huh? A feat I have yet to accomplish. Good luck, I once heard a guy let his game run all night while he slept and it still wasn't dead by the time he woke up lol.

Anyways, I'm never setting foot in an online FF community. If I went in there and told them my favorite is FFX, I can only imaging how much flame I would receive lol.

I can't say whether I like or dislike FFVII cause honestly I haven't played all the way through. It came out when I was still at an early age and I prefered N64 over Playstation so VII just came and went for me. I've tried playing through it now that I'm older, but unfortunately I get bored and feel like playing something else. This isn't because of the game itself, this is a bad habit for me when I play RPG's.

Pottermore:
StoneFrog1429
Wand: Alder, Unicorn Hair, 13 3/4 in, Slightly Springy
House: Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:43 pm
Suteki da ne

To be honest, the majority of the communities are quite happy for you to have a favourite game that isn't FFVII, it's just the odd few fanboys/fangirls who think that they are 100% right that FFVII is the best game ever and everyone else is wrong. They're just very vocal about it. I've got to the point where I just add their posts to a block list, or recognise their usernames and just scroll straight past their posts.

If it's relevant, I don't mind a bit of a debate whether any of the other games are better or worse than VII, such as a thread about the best FF game, or something like "Who Was More Evil- Seymour or Sephiroth?" If it's something like that, go ahead and defend your favourite, but not when I'm discussing why GFs made the characters forget in VIII, or whether Vaan was a weak character in XII...

It's not usually as bad as I made out in my previous post, but occasionally there is a major surge of people who hate every FF game apart from VII, and can't understand why other people would want to talk about anything else.

So yeah, don't avoid the online FF communities just because of what I've said, it doesn't happen all that often, it was just annoying me yesterday

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old November 21st, 2012, 9:50 am
Suteki da ne

Oh my Goodness!

I've been playing FFVI (advance) and it is fantastic! I've never really got into it before now, but I've whizzed through it, and I'm at the floating continent- which I'm finding really difficult

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old December 13th, 2012, 1:41 pm
First Year

FFX was the first game I ever beat, and it's also my favorite so far. I've also beat FFX-2. I've played FFXII as well but I haven't gotten that far in it since my Playstion 2 hasn't been plugged up in quite sometime. My favorite characters are Tidus and Auron from FFX.

Old December 15th, 2012, 10:52 am
Suteki da ne

FFX-2 was the first game I completed...as in got to the end- I've still not received that bleeding Mascot Dressphere!

Auron is pretty cool though

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old March 25th, 2013, 10:59 am
Suteki da ne

Well, they're releasing FFX and X-2 remaster on one disc for PS3 users, and seperately on PSVita. Pretty much all of the released videos and stills are from FFX. I would like to see some more of FFX-2 though.

I can see some real differences, which look great, although in some scenes it does seem as though they've thinned Yuna down, which I object to because she wasn't exactly huge to begin with...

Although this shot just looks pure amazing!

http://steviegamingworld.wordpress.c...ges-and-views/

Released trailer

- Nobuo Uematsu

Last edited by Schlubalybub; March 25th, 2013 at 11:03 am.
Old April 18th, 2013, 4:32 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

ASDF;LKJHG

Um, I mean...that looks neat. Maybe I'll pick it up. >_>

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old June 17th, 2013, 11:34 am
Suteki da ne

Right...so.

Lightning Returns comes out in February next year, Versus XIII is now FFXV and looks amazing, and Squenix look like they've got some brilliant stuff coming out for the PS4

I watched the entire Sony conference at E3 on youtube the other day...

also (I know there is a separate thread for this, but while I'm on the subject of E3) Kingdom Hearts 3 has been announced

So, rather an exciting time for FF fans

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old June 19th, 2013, 2:00 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Just started playing FF X on my PS2. Really love it so far, the cut scenes are really good and so is the game play.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 3:56 pm
Suteki da ne

I think it's a great game. Have you ever played FFX? I only ask because I played X-2 before X

I dunno what I'd actually think of X-2 if I'd played X first...but as I played X-2 first (I had no knowledge of how these games worked, because I'd only played VIII before that) I think I'm slightly biased towards it. I actually prefer X, but if I'd played it first...I sometimes wonder if I'd have liked X-2 a bit less...

Definitely get value for money with X-2 though- with the several hundred (or so it seems) sidequests, and the new game plus...

It was heartbreaking...HEARTBREAKING...when I was right near the end and almost got the final dressphere...and my memory card decided to unformat itself...losing all of my games, which meant I had to collect all the Al Bhed primers again in both games...lost my NG+...and had to work ten times as hard to get my game back to normal...it's never happened, considering my NG+ had over 300 hours of gameplay because of the amount of times I've replayed (without getting that last Dressphere...)

My experience of that game has never been the same...

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old March 26th, 2014, 9:44 am
Suteki da ne

Has anyone got Lightning Returns or FFX/X-2 Remaster?

I got the FFX one, and it looks absolutely amazing! Lots of nostalgia!

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old March 26th, 2014, 3:39 pm

I haven't gotten the remaster yet, but I really want to. FFX is my favorite FF game.

How amazing is it? >_>

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old March 27th, 2014, 3:24 am
First Year

I've just started playing FFX Remaster and it's looking very good so far! What I'm loving most is the revamped music, the battle theme is freaking epic now! I can't wait until the final battle with Seymour because that has my favorite music of the game

Pottermore:
StoneFrog1429
Wand: Alder, Unicorn Hair, 13 3/4 in, Slightly Springy
House: Ravenclaw
Old March 29th, 2014, 9:18 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirocard View Post
I've just started playing FFX Remaster and it's looking very good so far! What I'm loving most is the revamped music, the battle theme is freaking epic now! I can't wait until the final battle with Seymour because that has my favorite music of the game
Yea Square Enix did a really good job with the remaster . Am enjoying playing it on my Vita.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old April 10th, 2014, 9:37 am
Suteki da ne

I also got Lightning Returns. It's pretty good so far, but it's making me...I dunno...nervous? The limit on the whole thirteen days freaks me out a bit- I know I am going to mess this up good and proper the first time I play it.

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old August 19th, 2016, 8:04 pm
Suteki da ne

Final Fantasy XV delayed until the end of November. My birthday is cancelled hehe.

The previous release date was my 31st birthday.

Eh, I'm not too bothered, except I'm worried that we're not going to be able to afford both FFXV, and Pokemon Sun and Moon. (Yes, we're getting both, Dan always gets the red one and I always get the blue one. Except when we don't because they're not red and blue. But we still always have different opinions on which ones to get. We're good like that hehe)

So, has anyone tried the numerous FFXV demos?

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old January 9th, 2017, 2:18 pm
Suteki da ne

How is everyone getting on with FFXV?

I'm on chapter six at the moment- what with work and little'un, I don't get much time to play

Old January 19th, 2017, 1:05 am

I've got one medal to go before I have them all on the PS4 >_>

I'm enjoying it, have completed almost every hunt and side quest. I have less than ten of the post-game ones left...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games