Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

The Harry Potter Movie Marathon Thread

Old July 12th, 2009, 8:37 pm
First Year

Re: The Harry Potter Movie Marathon Thread

Same for me. I've watched most of the one on ABC Family, and am going to watch PS and COS Monday, POA and GOF Tuesday, and Order on Wednesday before I see HBP that night.

Going to be fun.

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:08 pm
do you want fries with that?

I did my own movie marathon a few weeks ago with my sister to reacquaint her to the series before we watch HBP. (She hasn't actually read any of the books.) This time around I really began to appreciate GoF. (PS/SS and CoS are my top 2.) And I'm still not satisfied with OotP in anyway.

I've also been catching a few scenes here and there through ABC Family.

The Next Mesut Özil

(Although we must ignore the jersey)
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:26 pm
Second Year

I've watched the first four films through out the last few days. I'm finishing up a reading of Order of the Phoenix now and I then plan on watching it in movie form. After that, I'll skim through Half-Blood Prince and watch the new movie on Wednesday night (hopefully at least; haven't bought my tickets yet ).

Old July 13th, 2009, 2:03 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Just finished PS. Throughout the whole film I was thinking about HBP and DH When I watch CoS this afternoon, I know I will definately be thinking about HBP I'm really looking forward to watching CoS - I haven't seen it in a while (I think it's the one I've veiwed the least...)

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old July 13th, 2009, 2:30 am
Banned

Last night I started watching PS/SS and I got so bored after the first few classes Harry attends. I'm not going to watch CoS tonight because I will probably be bored as well. I will continue the marathon tomorrow with PoA.

Old July 13th, 2009, 2:38 am
First Year

Right now i'm watching the marathon that's running on ABC Family. GoF is playing, at the part where Hagrid is showing Harry the dragons. But I plan on having my own matathon on Tuesday with two of my friends, and then on Wensday we'll be going to see HBP because I made sure to get tickets early rather than trying to go then and finding out that it's sold out.

"If you made a better rat than a human, that's not much to boast about."

[images removed by staff - only one allowed]
Old July 13th, 2009, 3:06 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
Just finished PS. Throughout the whole film I was thinking about HBP and DH When I watch CoS this afternoon, I know I will definately be thinking about HBP I'm really looking forward to watching CoS - I haven't seen it in a while (I think it's the one I've veiwed the least...)
COS is my least favorite book and movie. I just finished reading COS and it took me over a month to do. I'll be impatient while I watch COS in my marathon, but I don't want to skip it.

Old July 13th, 2009, 3:08 am
Ordo Lebes

My friends and I started a marathon at 1:00 pm, and just finished PoA and it's 9:00 pm. We hardly took breaks between them. One of my friends was tired, though, so we're going to finish the marathon tomorrow. Unfortunately, we probably won't have time for both GoF and OotP because we all have work, so we'll just watch OotP.

That was such a weird experience. We had a constant peanut gallery going on, and couldn't help but laugh at all the weird changes from film to film, like their amusing voice changes.

Believe me. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them.
Old July 13th, 2009, 3:59 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Right now, the only marathon I'm doing is with ABC Family weekend. I might watch OotP in a day or two, but not sure when I will watch HBP. My husband watches the movies with me, but he won't go to the theater to see HBP. He wants to wait until it comes out on DVD. Which will probably be December. And I probably have another marathon when DH comes out. Heck, I will probably do a book marathon soon too. I'm unemployed right now, so I have the time.

Old July 13th, 2009, 5:37 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
COS is my least favorite book and movie. I just finished reading COS and it took me over a month to do. I'll be impatient while I watch COS in my marathon, but I don't want to skip it.
Surprisingly I quite enjoyed CoS and don't see what was that bad about it, to be honest. (Maybe it was slightly long, and they used the fade transition too much )

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old July 13th, 2009, 5:47 am
Fourth Year

I'm halfway through my marathon, finished CoS yesterday and I quite enjoyed the movie except I got sooooooooooo annoyed that they kept giving everybody's lines to Hermione, even Harry's. And making her out to be a supergirl, know-it all and do-it-all as well. I'd forgotten how much this bugged me the last time around too
I loved Filch in this though!
Will watch PoA and GoF today, and then Ootp on Wednesday

Old July 13th, 2009, 5:57 am
Snidget of Champions

I watched all five films about two weeks ago, in preparation for the HBP release. I thought this would be sufficient (in addition to rereading the books), until I discovered what my local cinema was doing for the HBP release: a movie marathon the day before July 15. The first film will begin Tuesday morning, and the rest of the films will follow, culminating with HBP at midnight - with Harry Potter-related events interspersed throughout the evening.

I think I could only handle this much movie time if it were Harry Potter, so I am eager to attempt it. It should be a great day, allowing me to truly see the development of the Harry Potter films, but I will undoubtedly be exhausted after HBP.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 13th, 2009, 6:02 am
Seventh Year

I've only had a proper marathon once; when the Goblet of Fire DVD came out, I watched all four of the films in a day. But I do rewatch each of the previous films whenever a new one is about to be released, and this was time was no exception.

Old July 13th, 2009, 6:04 am
First Year

Wow. That is a lot of Potter. I don't think I would be able to do it. When Return of the King came out I did a marathon for that which my theatre showed Fellowship and Two Towers and then King on its release day. It was fun but exhausting!

What time is it starting?

Old July 13th, 2009, 6:24 am
Sixth Year

I would love it if my theater did something like that! I would definitely go. *sighs* Oh well. My little tv at home will have to do.

Old July 13th, 2009, 6:43 am
I gave String Theory to my Cat...

I started the marathon last week, not really that intense of a marathon I suppose with about a movie every two nights, but it is still getting me hyped up. I only have OotP left to watch now.

Every time I do it, I feel a sort of pain as I watch the movies deviate more and more from the books. I am one of those who would rather see the books brought to life than an interesting take on the plot...

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress."

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
Joseph Joubert

"...He seeks to know himself and his fellow man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death..." -Madalyn Murray
Old July 13th, 2009, 7:01 am
First Year

I haven't really done much of a marathon, this time around. I only watched Goblet of Fire earlier tonight, and am just about to start OotP. It's still gettin' me hyped up, though.

My IMDB Ratings | My IMDB Reviews | Want Midna Back?
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:22 pm
Fifth Year

I'm halfway through my marathon, finished CoS yesterday and I quite enjoyed the movie except I got sooooooooooo annoyed that they kept giving everybody's lines to Hermione, even Harry's. And making her out to be a supergirl, know-it all and do-it-all as well. I'd forgotten how much this bugged me the last time around too

If you feel like that about CoS, how do you stomach PoA, where the real line-stealing and scene -hogging Hermione emerges.
CoS is my favourite because, despite the line-hogging, Hermione gets petrified, and we don't have to put up with her for part of the movie. This makes it a real winner for me. I just detest Movie Hermione except in PS.

Old July 13th, 2009, 4:06 pm
Second Year

Yeah, saw the first 3 movies over the past couple of weeks. Will see the other two before watching HBP. I'm also halfway through the 6th book.

Saw a few interviews of the cast and making of features and I must say I'm SO excited! Last few movies I've just been so obsessed about how much the movie deviates from the book. Well this time I'm going try to just enjoy the movie without making comparisons to the book. (atleast for the first time )

Last edited by Googlie; July 14th, 2009 at 7:44 am. Reason: Spelling error
Old July 13th, 2009, 4:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googlie View Post
Yeah, saw the first 3 movies over the past coupkee of weeks. Will see the other two before watching HBP. I'm also halfway through the 6th book.

Saw a few interviews of the cast and making of features and I must say I'm SO excited! Last few movies I've just been so obsessed about how much the movie deviates from the book. Well this time I'm going try to just enjoy the movie without making comparisons to the book. (atleast for the first time )
yea im on my way through the 6th book..which i want to go over some more....but i dont know..i think ill just forget about the book and do my best to enjoy[im sure i will] the movie interpretation of the 6th book..and im in the process of watching the 5th movie

which came first? the pheonix or the flame?

Last edited by hbponjuly15; July 13th, 2009 at 4:13 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies