Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

Old December 9th, 2006, 9:19 am
First Year

What do you expect in book 7

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2006, 9:22 am
Third Year

Re: What do you expect in book 7

Lots of things a wedding with bill and fleur and of course a duel beetween harry and Voldemort, and most likely lots of deaths.

Pottermore: GhostMidnight77 House:Slytherin
Wand: Cedar, dragon core, 13 inches, unbending

Voldemort is relaxing at HQ stroking Nagini absentmindedly.Suddenly,an idea hits him.He grins maliciously .

Voldemort : "ACCIO POTTER!"
Harry comes flying through the Window and lands on the floor looking confused.
Voldemort : "Well, I'll be damned ..."
Old December 9th, 2006, 9:52 am
Eldest Gruff

Lists with theories of things people think will happen in book 7 can be also found here. You may want to check them out, too.

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Old December 9th, 2006, 9:53 am
Oracle Octopus

I am expecting Harry's Death.

You might be interested in Events in Book Seven (by Chapter) and ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

Old December 9th, 2006, 9:56 am
Third Year

I think Ginny will have a bigger role and harry will die.

Voldemort is relaxing at HQ stroking Nagini absentmindedly.Suddenly,an idea hits him.He grins maliciously .

Old December 9th, 2006, 9:57 am
Second Year

Wow! okay...this is a very broad question lets see....
Bil l& Fleur's wedding, Harry will visit Godric's Hollow, Ron & Hermione confess their true feelings for each other ...Harry finds horcruxes, A weasley will die. Someone will become a wizard late in life. Somebody else will die...Towards the end of the book Neville will go with Harry to fight and then Neville/Harry will have vengance on Bellatrix. After that Neville will get hurt, so Harry will go on by himself and meet...SEVERUS SNAPE !
*dun dun duh!* .
Then...the final showdown...

Oh and along the way, some of the closest people to Harry will get hurt

Man this is gonna be a great book!

Note:
Everything i said is what i think will happen, but I'm not sure in which order

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers
Old December 9th, 2006, 9:59 am
Third Year

belatrix is to skilled to be harmed by Harry or Neville. Harry coudn't touch her at the ministry the worst he did was knock her over. and Neville especially does not have a hope

Old December 9th, 2006, 10:05 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Bellatrix_
belatrix is to skilled to be harmed by Harry or Neville.
Agreed. Unless Harry or Neville improves drastically or they are very lucky, I can't see either beating Bellatrix in a duel.

Old December 9th, 2006, 10:07 am
Third Year

Harry wil also most likely visit godric's hollow.

Old December 9th, 2006, 2:53 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby elf View Post
well of course i expect voldemort to die,but i think that harry will die also,but if he doesnt i hope in the epilogue that he and ginny have a child.i ecpect in book 7 for bellatrix,lucius,severus,and other key death eaters to meet their end.i think that narcissa and draco will live though.aberforth should have some type of role and i think hagrid mighthave been the one who got the reprieve to live/die.peter will have to pay his life-debt to harry,probably by sacrificing himself,and i think lupin and fenrir will fight as werewolves in the case of lupin being severely injured and almost dying,but somebody(hermione or tonks maybe)saving him.

Wand-15",Gaboon Ebony,Bloodwood,& Lignum Vitae,Rigid,Phoenix Ash & Phoenix Tear Core

Broomstick-Scarlet Phoenix

Animagus-African Lion

Patronus-Red Dragon

Durmstrang Institute of Magical Inquiry-Dracheseith House:Powerful,Wise,Crazy,and,Secretive

Magical Pets-Pursequor and Gaudium

I,Erus Omnipotens,The Shadow Lord,Am The Next Great And Powerful Wizard Of All Time
Old December 11th, 2006, 2:55 am
Second Year

Re: ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

1. Snape loved Lily
2. Snape told Dumbledore the prophecy not knowing who it was about
3. When he found out it was about Lily, he asked for her life to be spared
4. After Lily's death, Snape reformed and Dumbledore was able to trust him
5. Snape is good
6. Snape will die, helping Harry
7. Ron will die, saving Hermione
8. Hermione will live
9. Ginny will come with Harry against his will and almost die, but live
10. Ginny and Harry will be together in the end
11. Hermione will get back with Viktor Krum in the epilogue
12. Hagrid and Madame Maxime will attend Bill & Fleur's wedding together
13. RAB is Regulus Black
14. Regulus Black may be a metamorphagus
15. Mundungus sold the locket to Aberforth
16. Aberforth will reveal important information about Dumbledore to Harry
17. Harry will finish the series without ever actually killing anyone.
18. Harry may hesitate, and be unable to kill a vulnerable Voldemort, someone else, perhaps Snape will do it for him
19. Neville will duel, and somehow defeat Bellatrix, perhaps on accident
20. Harry will spare Draco, and Draco will give him information in return, but will not "turn good"
21. Lupin will kill Fenrir
22. The final battle will have a large audience, perhaps with muggles

Proud hater of the Harry Potter films. Long live the books!!
Old December 11th, 2006, 3:27 am
Second Year

Re: ARE YOU A SEER? Post your list of theories, then check to see if you were right v2

Hogwarts will reopen
Bill and fleur will get married, but death eaters attack may happen after the wedding.
The trio will leave for the hunt, but something will force them back to school later in the fall. By then Ginny will act a go-between the trio and the school doing research to help thlem.
There will at least one confrontation between LV and Harry before the big one.
The most important horcrux will be found at the school
Draco will end up fighting with the student agains the death eaters shortly before the final fight between Harry and LV. Snape will end up saving the day...and live
Some deaths: Charles and Percy Wasley, all of Dracos family, Neville, Hagrid, Remus and Tonks.
LV will die, Harry LIVE!
Mr. Weasley will become the next minster
Epilogue time....Harry and Ginny get married, have a buch o kids (all girls) Ron and Hermonie will have the boys.

Old December 15th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Third Year

ok here we go
(to my future self:if you're reading this,i tried to do my best,and if i said something completely wrong,i hope you're not mad at me)

-Snape loved lilly
-list of heirs,Ravenclaw=Luna,Hufflepuff=Zack Smith
-deaths:Harry,Luna,Snape,Mrs Weasley,Percy Weasley
-will NOT die:Voldemort (though he'll be defeated)
-RAB is Regulus Black
-Snape is good

epilogue:
-Neville becomes a Herbology teacher
-Hermione becomes minister for magic

I might add or change later,if JKR says something that condradicts what I've said.

Old December 19th, 2006, 4:26 pm
First Year

James & Snape=related, Horcruxes may have been metals-silver hand

My thoughts are that there maybe a horcrux in Harry but not Harry himself, but his scar. It seems to keep associating him with Voldermort. Perhaps Voldermort was planning on making another horcrux after Harry's death but instead after the death of Lily made Harry a horcrux by putting the scar on his forehead. Harry has done things that he never knew he could do as well as done things which voldermort can do and many others can't.
“Powerful enough to start feeding Miss Weasley a few of my secrets, to start pouring a little of my soul back into her…”
CoS, page 229
Perhaps his soul went into Harry and that is why Harry is able to destroy voldermort. Harry can see into what he is doing as well as how to find things, what he's looking for and how to destroy things. Harry can do things that many adults can't. Harry destroys the diary with the basilisk tooth. Harry automatically knew that the tooth would destroy that Horcrux- the diary.
Was there actually 7 horcruxes -possibly but possibly Harry's scar may or may not be but there may be another especially that Voldermort is seeing that his other horcruxes maybe getting destroyed. So the 7th or even 8th can be--- Wormtails silver hand....After killing Cedric, Voldermort created something-Peter Pettigrew's hand. Voldermort has never been shown to be nice or generous unless he wanted something, so why would he just give Peter back his hand? He referred to Peter as coming to him out of fear and not even loyalty so why would he give him back his hand. If he just wanted to give him back his hand then why not out of flesh, skin, but it is silver. Perhaps because all of the horcruxes are metals, like gold, silver, etc. and now so is Peter's hand, the last horcrux!
Snape- Dumbledore was wrong how often??? Only trying to protect Harry but he does pretty much know what's going on like when Tom Riddle was up to something and so many other times. So then why wouldn't he believe Snape is good. Dumbledore knew his time was ending and that was why he told Harry so much and went to the Dursley's to get Harry the protection one more time. He had pleaded with Severus who paused before killing Dumbledore perhaps for Severus to do the killing because once Draco did the killing it could change his life and possibly destroy it or make him bad, so they did it to keep Draco safe. At that point I believe Lucius was guarded in Azkaban so no harm would come to him- just Draco was in danger.
Ron and Hermione would finally get together. The last battle with Voldermort would put Harry face to face with him, but I believe he may need some help. The one who would most likely be able to assist Harry would be someone that would have to know some darkness and some points- Severus Snape.
Severus has thoughout the books protected Harry. Although Severus may have had some problems with James there may be something there. Perhaps a jealousy but not of a woman who he had liked perhaps, James and Severus were somehow related and that other than the Dursleys, Snape is Harry's remaining relative.
When Dumbledore asked Snape to train Harry on not letting people read his thoughts and mind, Dumbledore apologized to Snape and said that he should not have put him in that position that he knew there was a lot of pain between James and Severus. Had it been because of a woman Dumbledore may have been like well these things happen, but if it was that they shared the same father Dumbledore may have been more sympathetic and said something like I'm sorry I know there's a hatred between the both of you. Also when, Sirius went to attack Severus, James protected Severus. Kind of what anyone would do for a brother, or another family member, fight with him yourself but then go and protect him from others.
There was said that there may be 2 deaths- does it include Voldermort?? If so the 2 may be Voldermort and Peter Pettigrew ( the last horcrux?)
or perhaps Hagrid or Ginny and Peter depending upon if Jk includes Voldermort or not.
Personally I think that if Harry is killed it can beat the purpose of the books- Harry Potter. He's like a modern hero and to just kill off the hero although mortal it may defeat the purpose behind the books - making Voldermort mortal from immortality and destroying him. Someone he loves he believes always gets killed so I'm thinking either Hagrid or Ginny. prior to book 7 Hagrid was deeply beaten and bruised although it was by giants. Ginny was taken into the Chamber and it was said that she will die, Ron in COS falling off of the hose - he was deknighted so any of these could have foreshadowed the death of the one from book 7. Like Pettigrew in POA was believed to have been dead and was told he will be killed. Those could have been clues as to who dies in book 7.
Jk may have said that someone may get a reprieve and my thoughts are it can either go to Severus for killing Dumbledore or Sirius for falling threw the curtain, Harry has been able to do many things like conjure help from those Voldermort had already killed in GOF even though Dumbledore said nothing can wake them and to the best of my knowledge, Sirius went through the curtain with his whole body so he is still flesh.

Snape has been trying to protect Harry throughout the books. James and Severus fought yet protected themselves so perhaps they were related

Snape may be the one who helps Harry defeat Voldermort

1.a horcrux in Harry but not Harry himself, but his scar. It seems to keep associating him with Voldermort. Perhaps Voldermort was planning on making another horcrux after Harry's death but instead after the death of Lily made Harry a horcrux by putting the scar on his forehead.
2.the 7th or even 8th can be--- Wormtails silver hand....After killing Cedric, Voldermort created something-Peter Pettigrew's hand. Voldermort has never been shown to be nice or generous unless he wanted something, so why would he just give Peter back his hand? He referred to Peter as coming to him out of fear and not even loyalty so why would he give him back his hand.
3)Snape is good. Dumbledore knew his time was ending and that was why he told Harry so much and went to the Dursley's to get Harry the protection one more time. He had pleaded with Severus who paused before killing Dumbledore perhaps for Severus to do the killing because once Draco did the killing it could change his life and possibly destroy it or make him bad, so they did it to keep Draco safe. At that point I believe Lucius was guarded in Azkaban so no harm would come to him- just Draco was in danger.
4.)Ron and Hermione would finally get together.
5.)The one who would most likely be able to assist Harry would be someone that would have to know some darkness and some points- Severus Snape.
6.)Severus may have had some problems with James there may be something there. James and Severus were somehow related and that other than the Dursleys, Snape is Harry's remaining relative.
7.)There was said that there may be 2 deaths- does it include Voldermort?? If so the 2 may be Voldermort and Peter Pettigrew ( the last horcrux?)
8.)perhaps Hagrid or Ginny and Peter depending upon if Jk includes Voldermort or not.
9.)prior to book 7 Hagrid was deeply beaten and bruised although it was by giants. Ginny was taken into the Chamber and it was said that she will die, Ron in COS falling off of the horse - he was deknighted so any of these could have foreshadowed the death of the one from book 7. Like Pettigrew in POA was believed to have been dead and was told he will be killed. Those could have been clues as to who dies in book 7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snape potter glow.jpg (75.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by kashmirvaliant; December 19th, 2006 at 4:37 pm. Reason: title change
Old December 21st, 2006, 7:02 pm
First Year

A broom chase! Many classic movies have car chases, I'm expecting to see a broom chase. Its Harrys strength and so far has only been used a few times for actual fighting.

The Weasley's to come into some gold. I can't see the series ending without Hermione, Ron and Harry all getting something they want and the continued theme of Ron's great embarrassment has been this families lack of gold. We've already seen the twins are well off now but I would expect to see more and Ron to be involved in some way in it. I'm not sure what Hermione would want, besides elf rights.

Harry and Ginny to get back together, as so many I am sure have already predicted.

For Harry to go back to Hogwarts. I can't see him leaving Hogwarts before graduating, this is afterall a childrens book at heart (even if they have gotten continually darker) and I have trouble expecting to see a theme that involves dropping out when so much of the book has been focused on well behaved, though mischievious, students.

Sirius to come back, I think the lack of the finality of his death left a door wide open for him to re-appear in some grand way.

For Snape to give Harry the location of the very last horcrux.

For there to be further books on the subject (maybe not continuing the series, but perhaps from different perspectives or a setting in the future or past or misc books of histories or copies of books mentioned in the book). I know Rowling has said this is the last, but I have seen other authors say the same and come back after a stint. Sherlock Holmes is a famous example, being brought back by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle even after he killed Holmes in what he said was the last book.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 1:36 pm
First Year

Guess work on what happened and will happen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was never a real phophecy. It was created by Albus Dumbledore (AD) to trick Voldemort (V) into believing that Harry was a threat to him, and thus in acting on the phophesy, V would inadvertantly expose information on his whereabouts and even expose himself physically which AD would then be able to try to kill V.
AD has said to Harry it is not important whether the prophecy was true or not. What is important is that V believes it!
Harry was going to try to get revenge no matter what, because V killed both his parents.
AD decided to train Harry with the goal to give Harry as much chance as possible to destroy V telling Harry about the Horcruxes and what they might be. In the event AD failed to destroy V.

It came apparent to AD that he had failed to destroy V, so he decided to use his Phoenix as a Horcrux. The Phoenix can die and come back to life. With V being tricked into thinking AD is dead, it would be easier for the reconstituted AD to work behind the scenes to destroy V.

In book 7, I think at some point AD will show up to help find and destroy the horcruxes. Maybe even to distract V during the final battle. Harry will destroy V in the end.

In the last couple of books alot of mention was made of Hermine's learning Ancient Runes. My predictions are that this will be very important in destroying V. Harry's mother used "old magic" to save Harry. This magic was Rune magic. This will come into play in book 7. Love will again save Harry and help him to destroy V.

Ron will be what he always has been someone who can be counted on in any situation. A friend and to be trusted.

Snape has always, ever since he got Harry's mother killed, on the good side. He has spyed on the deatheaters and on V. AD asked Snape to kill him after AD split his soul. At first Snape didn't want to, but does kill AD in book 6. Snape will work in the background to help destroy V. He does so to make up for the murder of Harry's mother.

The love interests: your guess is as good as mine.
It will probably be of course Hermine and Ron. My wild guess is Luna and Harry. Harry mentions liking Luna and even asked her out. He can't help but like her.
If not Harry and Luna than Harry and Ginny.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 2:39 pm
First Year

After days of analysis, I have formed a few theories of what will happen in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
1. Hagrid will be murdered
2. Google's definition of Hallows is "("holy" or "holy night") the Oct. 31 Greater Sabbat, also called November Eve, the Celtic Samhain ("sow-en"); the beginning of the Celtic winter, and of the Celtic year; the beginning of the Witches' Year, when the Veil Between the Worlds grows thin and the spirits of the dead may return to Earth; the Descent of the Goddess to the Underworld; the final Harvest festival".
This definition leads me to believe that spirits of Voldemort's followers will start coming back starting October 31st when the veil is weakening. I reckon that their intent is to destroy the Order of the Phoenix, and to kill all those who do not support Voldemort. Since the Order is already greatly weakened (probably on the verge of collapse), Death Eaters would have little trouble completing this task in a very deadly manner. This would increase Voldemorts strength greatly, perhaps making him impossible to defeat. But, this title could also have great hope within it.
This could mean that the members of the original Order are going to come back to life. They might support the new Order, and the title would point to their use as being powerful soldiers in war.
This could also mean both of those previous ideas. If this were to be true, the battles would be very intense, and very thrilling for the reader.
3. Another theory I have formulated, is that Aberfroth Dumbledore, who is Albus Dumbledore's brother, is alive, and working with the order. This would make sense to me, and many of my highly esteemed peers/fanatics. Aberfroth was in trouble for practicing inappropriate charms on a goat. The Hogs Head is described as smelling like goats as well. If that is not enough, why would Albus Dumbledore trust the bartender at The Hogs Head to check for people listening in on him and Trelawny. Remember that the bartender through Severus Snape out of The Hogs Head for listening to the first half of the prophecy about Harry, and Voldemort. Therefore, I have concluded that the bartender at The Hogs Head is no other than Aberfroth Dumbledore.
4. Snape has been helping Albus Dumbledore, and the Order the whole time. I have reached this conclusion, as when he killed Dumbledore, he through him of the Astronomy Tower. This way, the Death Eaters could not search him, and find the Horcrux. I think that when Albus said "Severus...Severus help me." he was asking to be killed.
5. R.A.B. is Regulus Alphard Black. Alphard is the uncle of Sirius who gave him a place to stay after he ran away from Grimmauld Place when he was 16.

Last edited by Fanaticforever; December 22nd, 2006 at 2:47 pm.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 2:41 pm
Third Year

I too believe Hagrid will depart the wizarding world, in a very noble and self-sacrificing way.

"You're gorgeous."
"Oh, shut it."
Old December 22nd, 2006, 2:52 pm
First Year

Voldemort's last Horcrux is in Godrics Hollow. He made them after murdering some of the most powerful wizards, and witches. Therefore, after he killed James, he could make the last Horcrux, and he would have the bravery to command Lily to step aside so he could kill Harry. Therefore, James death strengthened Voldemort, but he might have been fatigued after creating a Horcrux, and too weak to kill Lily (a very powerful witch), and Harry at the same time.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 7:12 pm
Fourth Year

I think Harry will die, and since I don't want Ginny to be left alone, her too. Ron and Hermione will live happily ever after, and do great togethter and have a ton of kids. Luna will live, and become an important person, Neville will also. I think it's odd, that LV is only a year younger than Professor McGonagall. Maybe he had a crush on her. I think Snape is good, and I think Draco will become good. I think Stonehenge has something to do with it. as I think it was built by wizards. (from the book PoV not really) actually it's ironic I had a fan-fic about how the big battle between Harry and LV happend at Stonehenge, and it was the Hallow resting place of Merlin. But I honestly think Ginny will die because she's not under Harry's watchful eye, because he'll try to keep his distance from her. and there's a Possibility that Nagini may be of some relation to the Snake Harry freed in the first book.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies