Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

The Deathly Hallows DVD

Old November 16th, 2011, 3:32 am
Registered Animagus

Re: The Deathly Hallows DVD

Aberforth does yell out his door i think, but it happens off screen. I have only seen the film twice so i might be misremembering, but i thought that Aberforth was standing at the door saying something when Hermione was whispering to Harry he looks just like Dumbledore.

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2011, 3:48 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Aberforth does yell out his door i think, but it happens off screen. I have only seen the film twice so i might be misremembering, but i thought that Aberforth was standing at the door saying something when Hermione was whispering to Harry he looks just like Dumbledore.
That's what I was thinking, too. And Aberforth does cast a patronus, but it's during the battle at Hogwarts, when the trio are trying to get to the boat house.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?”
And I will say, “Always.”
- source unknown
Old November 16th, 2011, 8:52 pm
First Year

The film just got released here in Sweden. I'd searched around the internet to see which version I had to buy to receive the extras. I felt quite let down when I opened my Blu-ray Combo pack and saw it was missing the bonus features disc. Just like with DH1 we in Sweden seem to get overlooked when it comes to extras. Argh! But I did get the MMM(haven't watched yet) and the focus point+additional scenes. The film was obviously the most important, and was still as good as I remember from the theater(but to short!) but it seems that I'll have to import the "Definitive Collection" next year. Ah well...

Old November 16th, 2011, 11:05 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStrike91 View Post
The film just got released here in Sweden. I'd searched around the internet to see which version I had to buy to receive the extras. I felt quite let down when I opened my Blu-ray Combo pack and saw it was missing the bonus features disc. Just like with DH1 we in Sweden seem to get overlooked when it comes to extras. Argh! But I did get the MMM(haven't watched yet) and the focus point+additional scenes. The film was obviously the most important, and was still as good as I remember from the theater(but to short!) but it seems that I'll have to import the "Definitive Collection" next year. Ah well...
Weird, because the Bluray combo here in Norway has the documentary as well.

Old November 17th, 2011, 4:57 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne View Post
Merlin's beard! Well, hope it pleases you neighbour, to know you'll not just beat us in skiing this year...
No but seriously, I'm glad you get what all fans deserve. I guess I'll have to find another way of seeing the bonus features.

Old November 18th, 2011, 12:46 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Okay, I know the Doc is available on the combo pack at Target. My question is, is it available on the DVD of the combo pack, or is it featured only on Blu-Ray?
Only on the blu-ray; at least at my Target.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old November 20th, 2011, 1:31 pm
Third Year

Quote:
WHAT ? I bought the Bluray + DVD combo here in Norway and i didn't get anything else than MMM, Deleted scenes and some focus points. I've searched around the menues but i can't find 'A conversation with JK Rowling', 'When Harry left Hogwarts' or 'The women of Harry Potter'

"The stories we love best, do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by
the big screen, Hogwarts will allways be there to welcome you home"

- JK Rowling
Old November 20th, 2011, 3:28 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA93 View Post
WHAT ? I bought the Bluray + DVD combo here in Norway and i didn't get anything else than MMM, Deleted scenes and some focus points. I've searched around the menues but i can't find 'A conversation with JK Rowling', 'When Harry left Hogwarts' or 'The women of Harry Potter'

You're probably right. I haven't bought it yet myself, but several sites list all the bonus material on the combo while I've heard people say it's not actually included.

They should fix that.

Old November 20th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Third Year

Quote:
You're probably right. I haven't bought it yet myself, but several sites list all the bonus material on the combo while I've heard people say it's not actually included.

They should fix that.
Yeah, i've considered to e-mail them and tell them they're having false advertising on their website

We can probably find most of the bonus material on youtube in a week or so. I hope so, cause i really want to see it

"The stories we love best, do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by
the big screen, Hogwarts will allways be there to welcome you home"

- JK Rowling
Old November 23rd, 2011, 5:32 am
First Year

anyone know where I can watch the bonus features such as the documentaries and interview between Dan and JK? I don't have a bluray player so was unable to purchase that copy the regular dvd one only has deleted scenes

Old November 23rd, 2011, 7:01 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie_2008 View Post
anyone know where I can watch the bonus features such as the documentaries and interview between Dan and JK? I don't have a bluray player so was unable to purchase that copy the regular dvd one only has deleted scenes
youtube

Old November 23rd, 2011, 7:04 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie_2008 View Post
I had to do the same thing (are you American? Because I'm hearing that a lot of the bonus features aren't available in other countries even in the Blu-ray combo pack..) and I would love to see the bonus features. My guess is give it a few weeks and they will be up online, probably youtube or a similar site. Or if you have a friend with a Blu-ray who owns the movie, have a nerd-sesh and watch them =)

Old November 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm
First Year

Which bonus features are you talking about? I got the Blu-ray, and there was a lot of bonus features on there. Are there some left out?

Old November 28th, 2011, 9:53 pm
Second Year

The DVD is coming out tomorrow in my country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm SOOOOOOO excited! I'm gonna rush to the store right after school. I hope I'll be one of the first to get it. In fact I hope they haven't put the film in the shelves yet and they unpack the first box for me. That'd be AMAZING
I'll drop by tomorrow to tell you what features does it come with in my country. I'm rather scared about this seeing that in some countries they didn't even get special features at all! I'm DYING to see the conversation between Dan and JK and the documentary 'When Harry left Hogwarts'. I don't know what'll I do if they're not in the DVD. But I'm optimistic. We've always get good features in my country (I think?) so... we'll see.
Then again.... I'M SO EXCITEEEEEEEEEED!

'No story lives unless someone wants to read it. The stories we love best DO live in us forever. So whether you come by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you HOME.' - J.K.Rowling.
'And I just wanna say that, amm... I've loved every minute and thank you all very very much' -Dan Radcliffe

SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!

Proud member of the POTTERMORE BATTALION
Old November 29th, 2011, 1:29 am
Second Year

don't have a bluray player...blown

Pottermore Username: FireboltPurple63
Old November 29th, 2011, 1:37 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HpScr1bePhan View Post
Which bonus features are you talking about? I got the Blu-ray, and there was a lot of bonus features on there. Are there some left out?
My understanding is that the Blu-Rays have all the extra material because they have more space than a DVD.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old November 29th, 2011, 5:20 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapes_witch View Post
My understanding is that the Blu-Rays have all the extra material because they have more space than a DVD.
You are so kindly toward the distributors. My understanding is that they're trying to force people to buy blu-ray players & subsquently blu-ray discs, by making all special features available on blu-ray only. You can get plenty on a regular DVD; I rent a lot of TV series, and find they often put 5 episodes of 40-45 minutes each, plus 20 minutes in extras for some of the episodes. Something doesn't add up -- except perhaps for dollars in corporate pockets.

....I miss David Tennant....

Last edited by HedwigOwl; November 29th, 2011 at 5:22 am. Reason: revision
Old November 29th, 2011, 8:44 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
You are so kindly toward the distributors. My understanding is that they're trying to force people to buy blu-ray players & subsquently blu-ray discs, by making all special features available on blu-ray only. You can get plenty on a regular DVD; I rent a lot of TV series, and find they often put 5 episodes of 40-45 minutes each, plus 20 minutes in extras for some of the episodes. Something doesn't add up -- except perhaps for dollars in corporate pockets.
Oh, sure DVDs are going the way of vinyl, 8-track tapes, audio cassettes, video tapes, and CDs even! Nonetheless I'm sticking to the story about Blu-Rays having more space!

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old November 29th, 2011, 9:56 pm
Sixth Year

I got the DVD/Blu-ray combo pack the other day

I understand the frustration with the lack of attention that the DVD's are getting now days. Especially with how expensive Blu-ray players and Blu-ray discs are. Then the fact that you need an HD TV with HDMI connections to fully enjoy it. However, at the same time, it was unavoidable - DVD's are slowly being phased out as BD technology is pushed. And that starts with reducing the amount of bonus content on them, and giving out only bare-bones DVD's.

Like snapes_witch said - DVD's are going the way of cassette tapes and vinyl. And I'm absolutely sure that in 10 years, Blu-rays will be going the same way and there will be something 'better'. It's the way of technology.

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86

Last edited by magic_is_might; November 29th, 2011 at 9:58 pm.
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:50 pm
Second Year

So, like I promised I'm giving a full report of the DVD release in Spain, and I have to say there's no way I can complain about it. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's the best one yet from waht I've been hearing around here...
So well we got like a thousand different editions

-Regular Dvd with only deleted scenes. 16.99€ 22.66$ 14.50pounds

-Dvd Special Edition (that's 2 discs) with ALL especial features, the SAME than in the bluray 19.99€ 26.67$ 17.07pounds

-Regular Bluray (that's 2disc edition too) with all special features (MMM, conversation between Jo and Dan, the women of harry potter, goblins of gringotts, the preview from the studio tour AND here comes the best..... THE DOCUMENTARY WHEN HARRY LEFT HOGWARTS. OH YEAH!) except for some strange reason the Pottermore preview. So this is the one I bought because the price raised considerably from having the Pottermore preview and not doing so and as I'm in the beta I didn't care that much... Oh! And Digital copy and lego demo included. So surprisingly enough this one's the same price the dvd special edition is (weird right? I mean blurays are always way more expensive...) So that's 19.99€ 26.67$ 17.07pounds

-Bluray with the 3D and the 2D film which brought the Pottermore preview with all features above. Including digital copy. Including AWESOME Lego Years 5-7 demo (you guys better buy that). Price (3D is the real rip-off, not so much bluray) 33.99 € which translates to 45.34$ 29.02pounds

And then the 'packs' section

-Bluray DH1 DH2 3D plus 2D version. I thnk it had all special features. 50.99 € 68$ 43.54pounds (That's the only thing we're not getting in DVD)

-DVD all 8films. All special feautres again I think. 41.99€ 56$ 35.85pounds

-Bluray all 8films. All special features I think. (Now this is normal again, bluray being way more expensive) 61.99€ 82.70$ 52.93pounds
(No chance to get all them in 3D ofcourse)

-DVD Limited Edition all 8films. Same special features. Photo book. SUPERHIPEREXTRA AAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME cover art. SUPERHIPEREXTRA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME expensive price: 81.99€ 109.39$ 70pounds (Think of the definite collection next year, think of the definite collection next year)

-Bluray Limited Edition all 8 films. Same special features. Same photo book same SUPERHIPEREXTRA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME cover art. Rising SUPERHIPEREXTRA AAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME expensive prices (back on bluray guys, remember?) 91.99€ 122.73$ 78.55pounds

So yeah, I think that was a FULL report aah? So well, hope you guys are enjoying whatever edition you have. I'm watching mine tomorrow (couldn't manage today. Family birthday )
So well, I just hope someone's bored enough to read this cause it took a pretty long amount of time with conversions and all so... READ!

'No story lives unless someone wants to read it. The stories we love best DO live in us forever. So whether you come by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you HOME.' - J.K.Rowling.
'And I just wanna say that, amm... I've loved every minute and thank you all very very much' -Dan Radcliffe

SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!

Proud member of the POTTERMORE BATTALION
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies