Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

The Left For Dead Franchise

Old January 3rd, 2011, 3:26 pm
Fourth Year

The Left For Dead Franchise

I checked to see if this thread had already been made, but nothing came of it, so voila! Just wondering if anyone here plays this game? It's pretty much the most awesome franchise - such a simple task to complete throughout, but oh-so entertaining and different every time. The XB360 Live community is also really closely-knit, and I'm loving the mutations at the moment, especially 'TAAAAAAAAANK!', and the Versus Mode is always a favourite.

Oh, and what do you make of the new survivors? In my opinion, they're not a patch on the old'uns, apart from Ellis, I suppose. He's got a bit of entertainment to him.

By the by, if you fancy a little entertainment of how much some people just absolutely fail at this game (I'm not saying it's a horrible thing, but you can't be good at everything ), check out Cricken's videos on YouTube, I think it's something like 'Moments of getting owned.' Hilarious, if you've got time to spare!

And check out the Left For Dead band, The Midnight Riders (they're a rock band, just warning you guys that might hate this particular genre) but I love 'em!

So, go ahead, if you please: have discussions, swap stories and is anyone here interested in a L4D 3?

(And...no hating please, people. That's not the mature way to handle things, thanks. Yes, I know that CoD is out there waiting to 'own L4D', but I like CoD, too. )

Utopia: Teddy Lupin - 2009+

Thora Jinks - 2008/2010

And if you're feeling it, take a look at my art!

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2011, 6:19 pm
First Year

Re: The Left For Dead Franchise

I do enjoy the Left 4 Dead series. I only own 2, but it's pretty darn good. I have both DLCs because I have no self-control and bought them almost instantly. The addition of No Mercy to L4D2 makes it almost perfect. It's been a while since I've played though. I should fix that.

As for the 360 community being tight-knit, I must be getting the wrong match-ups. I've almost never met anyone on Xbox that wasn't extremely hostile and demanding that you do things exactly as they say or else you're doing it wrong. I think that's why I stopped playing... my friends moved to other games and I couldn't find anyone in-game I could play with long term.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games