Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > The Common Room

Snape's Point of View 2: Post-HBP PTSS version.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 6:15 pm
First Year

Re: Snape's Point of View 2: Post-HBP PTSS version.

Sly Lady- I do hope that you will post more of your story! I keep peeking back in here to check for new stuff, I'd love to see what happens next!

Old January 4th, 2007, 12:22 am
Third Year

MAGIC CASTLES

A hook-nosed man was shouting at a cowering woman, while a small dark-haired boy cried in a corner.

As the argument grew louder, uglier, the little boy inched his way up onto his hands and knees and crawled his way along the wall, away from the raised voices, toward the open doorway at the far end of the room. He was careful to move slowly, to not make any sudden sound or motion. If they noticed him, they would turn on him next; they always did. In the kitchen, he stood up and made his way barefoot toward the back door. It was dark in here, and so cold. Always, so cold. He felt around on the floor for his shoes, and slipped them on. He had no shoelaces so to keep from making any flopping noises, he shuffled the few steps to the door, turned the handle silently and slipped out into the night.

It was cold outside, and very dark. But he didn’t need any light, he could have weaved his way along this path with his eyes closed. He made his way through the heaps of rusted junk, the rotting old boards with their bent nails sticking out, the small mountain of trash bags: some had split or been torn open by scavenging animals. He always held his breath and put his hand over his mouth when he passed that part of the yard. The little boy reached up and undid the rope looped over the gate, closing it behind him without a sound. They didn’t know he came out this way, they had never even asked. But, you could never be sure. You had to be very, very careful. He waded his way across the muddy, weedy field behind the house, his loose shoes squelching. He had to keep tugging them back on again.

At the far end of the field, the little boy turned and made his way down an incline and then through a long damp alley that ran between two boarded-up buildings. As he came out onto the street, he quickly looked both ways, his long black hair swinging like curtains across his face. But there was no one in sight: there never was. Nobody lived here. He made his way down the steeply inclined cobbled street, careful not to twist his ankle, his toes clenched to keep his floppy shoes on. Ahead, down at the end of the slope, rose the old mill tower at the edge of the river. The watch light at the top of the tower blinked off and on, off and on, making it seem that the abandoned buildings all around disappeared, reappeared, disappeared.

At the bottom of the street, he turned into the overgrown field in front of the mill. There was a huge concrete pipe in the field, tall as a man’s chest, long as two grown men. This was his place. The pipe lay in the field at an oblique angle so even if somebody did go by on the street and look this way, they couldn’t see inside it anyway. Nobody ever did come by. But you had to be careful. He crawled into the pipe, took off his wet shoes and wrapped his feet and legs in some old rags he had stashed there. He leaned his head back against the concrete wall and closed his eyes, but then immediately sat bolt upright again, staring into the gloom.

“Who’s there! I can hear you!” His heart hammered, his mouth dry with terror.

“No-nobody,” came a quiet, sad little voice. The black-haired boy thought this voice, another boy’s voice, sounded as scared as his own. After a moment or two, he crawled his way closer, and sat crouched across from the other boy. Dim light blinked off and on, off and on, shadowy inside the huge pipe.

He looked at the other boy, who only glanced up once and then hung his head again, his sandy hair falling forward.

“What happened to your face? he asked, finally.

The other boy put his hands up, pressed against his cheeks. Two long ugly scratches were carved across his face from his right temple down across his nose to the left side of his chin.

“My dad got into a fight with the scary man who lives next to us. My dad does that sometimes. Fights with people. Only sometimes, when.. when he maybe drinks too much. I tried to get him not to fight with the man, he’s very big and scary, but my dad said he was sick of all the noise all night, everybody howling over there and...screams and stuff. He wouldn’t listen to me. He jumped up out of bed, all mad and swearing and he kept falling against the wall while he was trying to go outside. I tried pulling him back, but he just wouldn’t listen.”

“What happened, then?”

The little sandy-haired boy brushed at his eyes with the backs of his hands. “I was tugging at my dad’s coat all the way over there, trying to make him come back home, but he wouldn’t. Then, the big man opened his door. He’s so scary to look at, you could just faint and he smells like.. blood and stuff that makes you want to throw up. But my dad started yelling at him. He swung his arm and knocked my dad right to the ground. I tried to run, but he laughed and caught me. He’s got real long fingernails and he scratched my face grabbing for my hair. Then, he lifted me right up. He ripped open my shirt and bit me, real hard, on my shoulder. Then, he threw me on the ground and went back in his house and slammed the door.”

“He bit you?”

The sandy-haired boy sobbed. Then, both boys fell silent. They sat that way a long time, the black-haired boy idly tracing designs with his fingertip on the concrete floor, the sandy-haired boy his arms around his drawn-up knees, staring out into the night.

“Don’t you wish you could go live in a magic castle?” the sandy-haired boy suddenly asked.

“Don’t be a baby. There’s no magic castles. There’s only here.”

“I know, but what if you could? What if you could live in a magic castle where everybody’s nice to you and there was lots of good food all the time.”

“That’s dumb. If you think about stuff like that, and then you have to remember there’s no such thing, well, then everything feels even worse, like all your insides disappeared and left you all empty. I don’t ever let myself think about stuff like that.”

“I know, I know. But I’m just saying... Anyway, I think about it a lot. And I know just what I’d do, too. If I ever got to live in a magic castle like that, I’d be real quiet, I’d never argue with anybody, no matter what happened!”

“Well, what good’s that?

“No, no, don’t you see? If you just stayed real quiet and never argued with anybody no matter what, then everybody would like you, you’d be real popular and nobody would ever pick on you or hurt you. Everybody would just...like you!”

“Huh. What good’s that, everybody liking you and thinking you’re nice. Who cares about that, if everybody likes you or not, or if you’re nice or not? That won’t help anything. That won’t save you.”

“Well, what would you do, then? If you could live in a magic castle?”

“I told you, there’s no...”

“I know, I know. But just, what if?”

The black-haired boy fell silent, still idly tracing his fingers in the dust. Finally, he spoke. “I’d make myself the smartest person anybody ever heard of,” he said. He nodded to himself. “I’d learn everything there is, and I’d even learn other stuff, stuff nobody ever thought of before. I’d make myself so smart that everybody’d be afraid to mess with me, because they’d know that I know more about everything than anybody else. They’d leave me alone.”

The sandy-haired boy looked at him. “Well,” he said tentatively, “that’d be good, I guess. But I’d rather be...”

“Anyway,” the black-haired boy interrupted. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore. There’s no magic castles. There’s only here.”

"If you are prepared..."
"I am," said Snape.

Last edited by LoveLupin; January 4th, 2007 at 5:03 am. Reason: typo
Old January 4th, 2007, 3:19 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Bravo, LL! You've really captured the cautiousness and hopelessness that I always have imagined Severus had at that age, as well as his answer to the other boy's question.

And that last line was so sad...

Well done!

Now you must post MORE!

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:47 am
Fifth Year

Interesting one, LoveLupin! The sandy-haired boy is Remus and the neighbour Greyback, yes?

Old January 4th, 2007, 1:47 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkackCatcher View Post
Interesting one, LoveLupin! The sandy-haired boy is Remus and the neighbour Greyback, yes?
Yes, he's Lupin. The thought being that each of them needs to figure out how to protect himself in the future--Lupin chooses to be 'nice' and non-confrontational (which he does, unfortunately, with the Marauders) and Snape chooses to out-shine everybody else, out-'smart' everybody. Thanks for the input!

"If you are prepared..."
"I am," said Snape.
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:04 pm
Fourth Year

Very well done, LoveLupin! I'd sure like to read more of you!

And I - I've trodden the forest, [...] | Thou art the Stranger I know best, [...] | Walter De La Mare, Under the Rose (Song of the Wanderer), 1873 - 1956

Snape's Army : Aut Dice Aut Discede, Learn or leave | There's MorE to his Dark Snark ...
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:46 pm
First Year

Wow LoveLupin that was very nice written. It felt like I was there. (maibe a fly on the wall or something). But well well done.

Old January 4th, 2007, 3:08 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepricon View Post
Wow LoveLupin that was very nice written. It felt like I was there. (maibe a fly on the wall or something). But well well done.
Thanks so much for the input! Obviously from my username and my sig, they're my two favorite people. (Fingers crossed they're both still alive and well at the end of Book 7!)

"If you are prepared..."
"I am," said Snape.
Old January 8th, 2007, 2:47 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

WOW WOW WOW! LoveLupin, that was awesome. I bow to your writing magnificence. Is there more????

Old January 8th, 2007, 4:07 am

Nice one, LoveLupin!

I really loved the little details in your writing. The way little Sev shuffled his feet so his shoes wouldn't flop, the squelching mud, the rubbish, the pipe-very nice descriptions.

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old January 10th, 2007, 1:41 pm
Second Year

Thanks MorE just trying to get the thread going again.

SlyLady thanks. I don't think I will be writing that scene. Not unless I get a suitable brainwave for a song for him to sing. By the way have you any more of your story... I would like to back Jengeorge's plea.

LoveLupin fabulous. I really enjoyed it. Well done!

~~~~~~~~#

Edited post: Seems I had better not double post so I better add my story here Sly Lady I said I did not think so but I managed it eventually.

Death Eating Karaoke
Severus Snape was not in the mood for festivities and certainly was not in the mood for karaoke. Ridiculous. He felt ridiculous. But he was to sing on the Dark Lord’s orders and so he had little choice. At least he would be able to laugh at the other unfortunates who were to be taking part. Where on earth did the Dark Lord get such idiotic ideas? Sometimes he did wonder if the Dark Lord had multiple personalities. Severus had been working frantically to find some way of sabotaging the whole thing but to no avail. However that did not mean that he could not use it to his own advantage. His most recent hideout was in a Muggle area and he decided to venture out into Muggle Newcastle in order to buy a cam recorder to record the event. It was hidden in his robes and was spelled to record all the show except his own performance of course. He owed Hagrid a laugh if anything and if Potter could actually do something important like locating a Horcrux then maybe he would give it to him as a present. His Muggle bank account did come in handy once in a while. He was dressed in his customary black robes and his usual scowl. He arrived at the venue, which was decorated in garish decorations and silver disco balls. He almost laughed out loud. It seemed more befitting of the likes of Gilderoy Lockhart than the Dark Lord. Just then he spotted the very man. The Dark Lord was dressed in an eighties style shiny robes. It was not just muggles that had suffered from bad dress sense in the eighties. He was surrounded by his usual cronies: Bellatrix and Pettigrew. Thank goodness that he was rid of that rat. The Dark Lord was welcome to him. The Dark Lord waved him over and so he obediently headed in his direction.
“I see that you have not entered into the spirit of the occasion”, the Dark Lord said eying his robes.
“No, my Lord. I may have to lose some of my dignity but I will not be parted from my robes”, Severus replied.
The Dark Lord smiled.
“I remember a time when you were parted from them all right”, Pettigrew whispered maliciously.
Severus glared at him but turned his attention back to their master. The rat was not worth the bother.
“Are you ready for the karaoke?” the Dark Lord asked.
“Yes, my Lord” Severus answered shuffling uneasily. This was going to be a long night. He excused himself as he needed a strong Fire whiskey and he was feeling rather green around the gills. At the drinks table he bumped into Fenrir Greyback. That man made his skin crawl. Apparently he was the one that bit Remus Lupin. It was almost enough to make him feel sorry for him but not quite.
“I wonder will I get any other chances to attack Hogwarts. Such a pity that last time I got no chance” the werewolf grinned showing his pointy teeth. Severus found it difficult to be in close proximity to werewolves since his near miss as a teenager. As Greyback walked away Severus took a strong gulp from the glass of Fire whiskey he had poured out for himself. Suddenly the Dark Lord’s voice broke into his reverie.
“Death Eaters. Welcome to this splendid party. I hope to get as many of you as possible up to the karaoke machine. So who would like to begin?”
Narcissa Malfoy was the first to step up on the stage. Although she was not a fully fledged Death Eater she was always at the social occasions as a favour to Bellatrix and Lucius. She looked rather apprehensive, which was not a look often seen on this woman.
“I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie world. Life in plastic is fantastic…”
He almost spat out his drink. How truly apt! Narcissa would have nobody know it but she did avail of Muggle anti-aging methods such as Botox and Lucius had told him that she had even let a Muggle surgeon give her a facelift. It seemed even Muggle medicine had a use for those who even refused to speak to Muggleborns. Surely she would not have chosen that particular song herself. Suddenly he realized, with a groan, that the Dark Lord must have the machine spelled for certain songs for certain people. So it seemed he would not get to perform the song he had chosen at all. So much for all the practicing of the song “I am a Rock” with a hairbrush in front of a mirror. Ah well at least it would make the other performances more entertaining. The next to step up was Crabbe and Goyle senior. Every time he saw this sorry pair he became more and more determined that their sons would not turn out like them. But it seemed that now he was no longer in a position to save them.
“We don’t need no education…”
Yes they did and lots. However “ignorance is bliss” seemed to be their philosophy.
“No dark sarcasm in the classroom”
Now he definitely disagreed with that. Dark humour was the only thing that got him through his lessons especially those that included Longbottom. While he found many of the following performances very entertaining he was starting to feel a bit apprehensive about the song he could be forced to sing. Considering the other selections it seemed as if it could prove very excruciating.

To be continued

Vote Severus Snape for Minister of Magic!

Last edited by waddiwasiwitch; February 21st, 2007 at 1:14 pm. Reason: can't double post
Old February 21st, 2007, 2:14 pm

Go waddiwasiwitch!

What fun! So poor Snape can't sing "I Am a Rock" for his performance? I can't wait to see what the DL has in store for him. And Narcissa… I love it. Disco Voldy fills me with happiness. I hope you'll have more for us soon!

Old February 21st, 2007, 5:02 pm

Waddiwasiwitch, the image of Snape practicing "I am a rock" in front of a mirror with a hairbrush...priceless.

Stupid Quibble: Cissy just hit 40. Surely that is too early for a facelift? (Or am I displaying my woeful ignorance of all things beauty-related? )

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Old February 21st, 2007, 5:04 pm
Fourth Year

You edited ... that's why I missed you posting this wonderful piece of hilarity here, waddiwasiwitch! Nonetheless, great! Can't wait to read the second part!

And I - I've trodden the forest, [...] | Thou art the Stranger I know best, [...] | Walter De La Mare, Under the Rose (Song of the Wanderer), 1873 - 1956

Snape's Army : Aut Dice Aut Discede, Learn or leave | There's MorE to his Dark Snark ...
Old February 21st, 2007, 8:28 pm
Second Year

Thanks SlyLady, zgirnius and MorE. I had to edit as I could not do a double post.

Zgirnius yeah but do you really think that Cissy would let that get in the way of something she wanted. She could imperius them.

I really hope that this thread picks up. I would hate to see it die...

Well I hope to have the rest up soon.

Old February 21st, 2007, 8:55 pm

Double posting is permitted in the forum if the posts are days apart and on different subjects. I'm sure posting a new story long after responding to comments on another one is fine. See this post by leenielou in Ask the Staff v3.

And now you can post the further karaoke adventures of Snape without double-posting.

All was well.

Old February 21st, 2007, 9:28 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkwolf View Post
This thread exists for the purpose of rewriting book scenes from Snape's point of view. It is a continuation of the original Common Room thread, and I hope they can be merged eventually. (PTSS? Post Traumatic Severus Snape, of course!)

You can rewrite your own scene from HBP, or rewrite scenes from previous books based on the new knowledge you've gotten from HBP, or write up any Snape scenes not actually appearing in the books.

It is not necessary to be on Snape's side.

I'll kick off with this bit of angst-ridden rubbish....
-----------------------------------

LAMENT

The storm rages.

Darkness sweeps, shrieking, across the courtyard.

Other voices, other bodies--they are meaningless.

Eyes meet .

Volumes are spoken

Without sound.

Don't do this.

Sixteen years.

Sixteen years I stood at your side,

Faithful.

Sixteen years of shared danger and triumph.

You won my trust, and I know I did not make it an easy battle.

You became my friend.

You were the loved family member that Nature had failed to give me.

Sixteen years.

Do they mean nothing?

Don't do this to me.

Please, Severus...

I search your eyes.

They are steely

Unrelenting

Diamond-edged.

They give no warmth, no hope.

No mercy.

The storm rages

Within.

A wand is raised.

I thought I knew you

And yet you are capable of such unimagined cruelty

Did you always mean to do this in the end?

To simply cast me off

Into that screaming, shrieking darkness I know too well?

Why would you do this to me?

How can you do this to me?

AVADA KEDAVRA!

How can you do this to me?

How can you do this, Dumbledore?

How can you make me

Your murderer?

Woww, you should become a writer. I really, really liked that. So you're assuming Snape is innocent here. I liked it.

Mark.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_hallowx View Post
Woww, you should become a writer. I really, really liked that. So you're assuming Snape is innocent here. I liked it.
Well, it isn't required, but it seems that posters here pretty much trust that Snape is Dumbledore's man and a good guy.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 1:54 pm
Second Year

Thanks zgirnius. I was not sure and I did not want to chance it.
Here is the last part. Hope you enjoy it.

Severus found himself wandering over yet again to the drinks table. The temptation to get drunk was beginning to sound very appealing. It was not wise though. He knew that. Alcohol could lead to loosened lips and loosened lips did not a good spy make. In fact it could probably mean death for him. Instead he poured himself a glass of butter beer and swallowed it quickly. He grimaced, as the taste was much too sweet for his liking. Just as he was leaving the table to head back into some dark corner he heard an unwelcome but familiar voice.
“Snape, are you having a good time?” sneered Bellatrix from behind him.
“Quite” Severus replied in clipped tones and continued walking.
“Hope you will be joining us on our next Muggle-baiting excursion” she shouted after his retreating back, “There’s no Dumbledore to excuse you from getting your hands dirty anymore”. He winced inaudibly at the reminder of his part in the death of his mentor and friend. He knew better than to show it and so he simply replied “Perhaps”. He thought for one moment that she was going to follow him but if she had intended to do so she was prevented from it as the Dark Lord announced that she was next up onto the stage. He smirked and found himself an empty corner from which he could view her performance. He watched with amusement as Bellatrix began singing Patsy Cline’s “Crazy”. That woman’s sanity had always been in question so he firmly agreed with the woman’s words. Maybe this would be worth his while after all. He caught her eye and raised his brows. She glared at him malevolently and he decided that he had better watch his back for the rest of the night. Severus was even more pleased to see Pettigrew take to the stage next. “This should be good,” he thought. He waited for the music to begin. His smirk turned to a wide smile as he listened to Pettigrew sing about rattraps. It was another truly apt choice that the Dark Lord had made. A rattrap for the biggest rat of them all!
“It’s a rat trap and I‘ve been caught”
Suddenly the Dark Lord’s voice rung out again and he heard his name being called. Damn. The last line of the song reverberated in his mind and the smile left his face. Maybe just maybe he would be allowed sing the song that he had chosen himself. That was a good song. It was something that he could perform while retaining his dignity. However as soon as he stepped up he recognised the opening bars of a famous female anthem starting and he knew he was beaten. He could feel a voice in his head. It was something similar to the Imperius curse but not as strong. He instinctively fought it but then he realized that it was not worth his life. His dignity would have to take a backseat for once.
“At first I was afraid I was petrified..”
Although he was extremely discomfited he kept his face impassive as he sang those foolish lyrics. Despite the questionable quality of the lyrics and melody he decided that like the stupid woman who was singing he would persevere.
“I will survive”
Three minutes of mortification ensued and he knew he would never live this down. He would survive but with his ego firmly bruised not that he intended to let anybody realize this. There was worse to come however as once he was finished the Dark Lord howled for an encore and he suddenly found himself singing to Michael Jackson’s “Bad”.
“Dance” the Dark Lord demanded.
Severus found his body moving to the beat. He could see the crowd roaring in laughter and once the song ended he made to rush off stage but not before the Dark Lord made him bow dramatically. Fortunately as soon as he stepped away from the karaoke machine he felt the curse lift. It must be somehow linked to the machine. His keen mind tempted him to look closely at the machine and decipher how precisely his master had achieved it. However he thought better of it and instead composed himself and walked off in the direction of a chair and sat down. As he looked around he saw quite a few smug looking faces. He would retain his composure and he vowed to hex the next person that came near him. He would dearly love to leave but he knew that he would have to wait until the Dark Lord gave his performance. Therefore he was thankful once he saw that the Dark Lord was taking to the stage a few minutes later. The crowd cheered and applauded. Severus clapped politely. Suddenly the lights went out and there were hushed whispers of “Lumos” and all around him he watched as the other Death Eaters’ wands lit up. He snorted as they waved them about in an uncanny resemblance to Muggles waving lighters at a concert. His attention quickly switched to the Dark Lord and his shiny robes as the music struck up. He watched as the Dark Lord swished his wand in the direction of the disco ball just above him. For one moment he was tempted to drop the disco ball on the head of his so-called master but somehow he doubted that the disco ball would rid the world of that incarnation of evil.
“Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk.”
Severus shook his head in amusement. So he was “Stayin alive” was he? Not if he or indeed Potter had anything to say about it. He watched as the most feared wizard in the world danced under a big shiny disco ball. Severus mused for a moment at the madness that was Lord Voldemort. He could send out his Death Eaters to kill as many Muggles as possible and yet he could not resist Muggle Karaoke.
“What am I?” he shouted to his adoring fans.
“You’re ah ah ah ah stayin’ alive!” they roared.
Once the performance was over Severus left as quietly as he could. Unfortunately Pettigrew spotted him leaving.
“Not leaving already Snape” he said in a high false voice.
Severus simply continued on his way but waved his wand behind him. Rattraps could be awfully handy when dealing with vermin. He heard Pettigrew attempt to shout at him but with a trap on his tongue it proved an impossible feat.
“Sorry I did not get that. Are you tongue tied?” Severus replied. He may have been humiliated but there was no way that he would allow the Rat man to taunt him. Besides he had a videotape to edit and there was popcorn waiting for him in the apartment. He could enjoy the performances much better this time, as he no longer had to worry about his own party piece. He walked off with a grin on his face, his black robes billowing about him.

Here are the links to the song lyrics

Aqua and "Barbie Girl":
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/aqua/barbiegirl.html

Pink Floyd and "Another Brick in the Wall":
http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/htm...ck-2-wall.html

Patsy Cline or Willie Nelson and "Crazy":
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/patsy+c..._20105059.html

Boomtown Rats and "Rat trap"
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.ha.../boomtown.html

Gloria Gaynor and "I will survive":
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/glori...llsurvive.html

Michael Jackson and "Bad":
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Mic...ckson/Bad.html

Bee Gees and "Stayin alive":
http://www2.uol.com.br/cante/lyrics/...ying_alive.htm

Old March 2nd, 2007, 5:06 pm
I trusted Severus Snape

Hee, hee...evil Karaoke! Excellent!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > The Common Room