Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Best little-used characters

Old December 16th, 2007, 3:39 pm
Seventh Year

Re: Best little-used characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWaters View Post
I felt an instant liking for Kingsley Shacklebolt. His slow, deep, calming voice jumped off the pages of OOTP. That same voice gave me chills in DH when it announced, "The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."
I thought that was really good as well, hopefully they'll keep it in for the DH movie

Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2007, 5:57 pm
First Year

One character that many people hate but I sort of like is:
Marietta Edgecombe.

Cho knows her well and considers her "A lovely person who just made a mistake". And Marietta gets punished rather cruelly for what she did. Will she try to hide her pimples? Or will she wear them proudly as in saying: "Committing crimes is worse than reporting them"?

I guess it's up to fanfiction writers to answer these questions...

Old December 17th, 2007, 4:06 pm
Second Year

I really liked Oliver Wood.He, like McGonagall also so the skill and talent Harry had in quidditch and he was a very chilled out supportive guy.

I also have to say Colin Creevey. Even though he first entered Hogwarts with the role as the annoying fanatic, he started to grow on me and he also showed his bravery when he stayed during the Hogwarts battle in DH. So sad he had to go

A journey never to forget

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
"We're with you whatever happpens," said Ron.

Proud Ravenclaw

"I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be"
Old December 17th, 2007, 5:09 pm
Always Indy's Girl

I would say McGonagall. And if I may say so, I would have liked a bit more of Lily, even though she comes only in 2 books, I think she could be given a little more screen time.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Old December 17th, 2007, 7:15 pm
Seventh Year

That is a tough question, because I ask myself when is a character little-used?

McGonagall is a character who appears in each book and we see her quite regular. I love Minerva, she is such a great character, wonderful. But I don´t know if I would lable her 'little-used'.

I would say Aberforth is a very good little-used character. He is shortly mentioned once in a while from book three onward (I think) and really gets his moment in DH. And a pivotal at that.

Maybe I should mention the Trolley-lady from the train? I love sweets.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old January 6th, 2008, 8:46 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

I have a soft spot for Mrs Figg.
An original member of The Order of the Phoenix, pretty much an outcast from the Wizarding World and yet still doing what she feels is her duty towards it.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old January 6th, 2008, 5:10 pm
Second Year

I like Colin. Even though he was slightly annoying in the beginning, I thought he was sweet, and I was devastated when he died. That was so sad how he stayed behind to protect Harry - it shows that he really did love and admire him.

Old January 6th, 2008, 5:51 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
Maybe I should mention the Trolley-lady from the train? I love sweets.
Oh she is my absolute favorite

But now, it's Dennis I wonder about. Everybody thinks about how will George cope without Fred, but what about Dennis without Colin?

Old January 7th, 2008, 8:06 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
But now, it's Dennis I wonder about. Everybody thinks about how will George cope without Fred, but what about Dennis without Colin?
Yes, me too! I believe I asked about Dennis before in another thread. What became of him later? Obviously, he'd been evacuated with all the other under-aged students and, unlike his brother, didn't come back (that we know of). But like you Yellow Rose, I'm concerned about him and would like to know how his life turned out, say, 19 years later.

And were the Creevey brothers in trouble with the Carrows? They were Muggleborn, weren't they? How come the "new order" let them get back into Hogwarts at all?

Old January 7th, 2008, 9:00 am
Sixth Year

Um...I thought both the brothers died? The Creevy ones, I mean

Old January 7th, 2008, 10:00 am
Fourth Year

No, it was only Collin who died.

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old January 8th, 2008, 1:19 am
First Year

"And I'm your commentator, Lee Jordan!!!!!!" I love that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy with the Potter Radio thing, because he got to have a part in the 7th book that was semi-important. He's my hero. Plus, he has dreads. People with dreads rock- always.

Dedalus Digge (sp?). I always thought he was awesome just for the shooting star/fire works thing in the first chapter of the first book. And cause he's always bowing and losing his hat. That makes me laugh. ^.^

And Kingsley, definitely. He's the epitome of cool, with his earring. Not to mention in the movies he's wandering around in full-on African Prince robes. That's just...cool. XD

Oh, and, though he's not really "little-used", Lucius Malfoy!!!! The man has the world's best pimp cane.

I live in a box. This box is wooden, so it does not get soggy when it rains. It doesn't have a door becuase I have no life and thusly rarely go out anywhere. If I really need to leave, I climb out the window. My box does, however, have lots and lots of electrical outlets. Yay for TECHNOLOGY!

-freaks out- I got an Outstanding on the 3rd WOMBAT!!!!!! -goes into shock-

Come, join the Hobo-in-a-box Club!
Old January 11th, 2008, 7:21 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtOfSarcasm View Post
"And I'm your commentator, Lee Jordan!!!!!!" I love that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy with the Potter Radio thing, because he got to have a part in the 7th book that was semi-important. He's my hero. Plus, he has dreads. People with dreads rock- always.

Dedalus Digge (sp?). I always thought he was awesome just for the shooting star/fire works thing in the first chapter of the first book. And cause he's always bowing and losing his hat. That makes me laugh. ^.^

And Kingsley, definitely. He's the epitome of cool, with his earring. Not to mention in the movies he's wandering around in full-on African Prince robes. That's just...cool. XD

Oh, and, though he's not really "little-used", Lucius Malfoy!!!! The man has the world's best pimp cane.
Yep. I agree with all of those.

Lee Jordan is so cool! He was always so funny, and I wish we could've seen more of him. He was always with the twins, and he has their kind of humor. I love the parts when he keeps being scolded by Professor McGonnagal during commentating; it is so hilarious!

Dedalus Diggle was always an interesting character, especially in SS/PS. He was always bowing to Harry, and he made shooting stars . . . he sounds like a fun guy. I've always liked him.

And Kingsley Shacklebolt (wow, that is such a cool name! ) is just awesome. He is just . . . well, cool. With the earring, and the bald head, and the deep voice. Not to mention, he's an Auror. He's one of my favorite characters. But unlike in the OotP movie, I always imagined him as a Mace Windu (Samuel Jackson) type guy.

Last edited by GrangerHermione; January 11th, 2008 at 7:24 am.
Old January 11th, 2008, 7:28 am
Bribery Queen

Aunt Muriel has to be the best little-used character. She may not have been a pleasant person, but she was a blast to read and had me cracking up the whole time during the wedding, especially with her "You breed like gnomes" comment.

Old January 11th, 2008, 10:52 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyPod View Post
Aunt Muriel has to be the best little-used character. She may not have been a pleasant person, but she was a blast to read and had me cracking up the whole time during the wedding, especially with her "You breed like gnomes" comment.
I agree: Aunt Muriel is HILARIOUS! Doesn't she also tell Hermione she has fat ankles, or something?

I chortled during her exchange with the hapless Elphias Doge. She completely skewers the poor wittering man.

Although it is highly unlikely that their paths would ever have crossed, I'd have loved to have seen her cross swords with Snape.

Thing is about Muriel, we've all met someone like her. I have, at any rate.

Old January 11th, 2008, 11:01 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

I don't have my books with me. Is it Muriel who thinks that Xenophilius Lovegood looks like an omlette?

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old January 11th, 2008, 11:36 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
Doesn't she also tell Hermione she has fat ankles, or something?
She tells Hermione she has skinny ankles, if I remember correctly. And yes, she definitely made me laugh

I also liked Lee Jordan and his commentating.

And I remember when I first read the PS I really liked Dedalus Diggle and his shooting stars and the way he was always bowing to Harry ... really funny guy.

But my winner is absolutely Kingsley Shacklebolt - he's so cool! Love him and his deep voice and his earring ... ahhh

Old January 11th, 2008, 11:52 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Druid View Post
I don't have my books with me. Is it Muriel who thinks that Xenophilius Lovegood looks like an omlette?
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusLove07 View Post
She tells Hermione she has skinny ankles, if I remember correctly. And yes, she definitely made me laugh
Ah, that's it. Skinny ankles!

Lee and Kingsley are also big favourites of mine.

Old January 11th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Does Tonks come under this category? I would have like to see a bit more of her and her parents.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Old January 12th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Druid View Post
Woah! Don't remember that one! *grabs DH and looks it up* Ha ha ha! It's in there all right! Looks like an omelet . . .

I also like it when Muriel says " . . . and your hair's much too long, Ronald, for a moment I thought you were Ginevra." hee hee.

Then there's "Well, well, find me a good seat, Ronald, I am a hundred and seven and I ought not to be on my feet too long." And then a litle bit later she says, "You there! Give me your chair. I'm a hundred and seven."

Love her little comments. She's so mean.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives