Old September 19th, 2012, 12:43 am
First Year

Re: The NFL Football Thread v2

San Francisco is the NFL's best team.

Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2012, 4:41 am
Curse Breaker

Um, really? Huh. They have the best front seven and the best kicker. The secondary is good. The running back is good but on the backside of his career. What does that leave? Oh yeah, Quarterback and receiving corps. Manningham is an upgrade, but we don't know what Moss actually brings yet. And Smith is another of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde quarterbacks like Cutler and Romo *whispers*and Eli Manning.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old September 19th, 2012, 5:34 am
First Year

Well jordmunt, they won easily won at Lambeau so they are unstoppable. The most complete team is Houston. Giants looked like a champion last night.

Last edited by LightningScar97; September 21st, 2012 at 11:19 pm.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 6:49 pm
Curse Breaker

No one wanted to hazard guesses this week, huh?

Oh, and that unstoppable team just lost by double digits to Minnesota.

Last edited by jordmundt6; September 23rd, 2012 at 11:17 pm.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:57 pm
Registered Animagus

Chiefs win a long game in overtime!!! After being down 24-6, Chiefs win 27-24! Congrats to Jamaal Charles for the 91 TD Rush (longest TD rush in Chiefs history) and Ryan Succop all those field goals (some kind of record, not sure what.)

Old September 24th, 2012, 1:56 am
Sixth Year

Unbelievably pumped for tonight. Hoping for a proper brawl of a game.

i'm in slytherin!
Old September 24th, 2012, 5:59 am
Curse Breaker

You got the proper brawl. Your guys got outplayed, but the Patriots didn't go for two when they should have and in a game FULL of ticky-tack calls (unnecessary roughness on Brady's slide, offensive pass interference on Edelman, Pass Interference on McCourty on the second-to-last touchdown drive, unsportsmanlike conduct for nothing against Harbaugh) your guys got just enough of them. However, that kick was wide, you got a George Karlis kiss from the officials (karmic justice for The Drive game 25 years later?). I have to say, I feel much better about the Pats than their record tells me I should. They took your best shot and outplayed ya. They may not end up with the second seed, but if they stay healthy, they should walk into the playoffs.

Congratulations and sympathies to Smith on a tremendous performance on an awful night for him personally.

Crazy, CRAZY NFL weekend. I got the result I wanted in every game but 3. Ravens pulled out a game when the Pats took their best shot and outplayed 'em but didn't outcoach 'em (this is two games in a row where Belichek just got outthought and outmuscled). The Giants stomped all over the Panthers. And the Jets won a game they tried to lose five different ways.

Old September 24th, 2012, 11:01 am
Sixth Year

TBH I really don't think that field goal was wide, it just about scraped the upright. Also outplayed? C'mon man. Granted pats were picking apart Ravens D all night, but Ravens got 382 yards through the air and 503 overall against 396 total from the pats. Ray Rice was running something like a 5 yard average against that Pats front seven.

How long can we keep these officials around though. 37 penalties in that game and that's just he ones that were called. The worst calls this year are on the pass defending downfield. How on earth is any secondary or receiving group supposed to play without consistent calling and application of the rules?

Ravens need to generate some sort of pass-rush. Brady had forever to sit around in the pocket going through his motions.

Frankly needed a defibrillator for most of last night.

i'm in slytherin!

Last edited by Overdose; September 24th, 2012 at 12:19 pm.
Old September 24th, 2012, 3:41 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdose View Post

How long can we keep these officials around though. 37 penalties in that game and that's just he ones that were called. The worst calls this year are on the pass defending downfield. How on earth is any secondary or receiving group supposed to play without consistent calling and application of the rules?
I am sick of these officials... the group at the Chiefs-Saints game nearly let the Saints get away with doing two time-outs in a row, while Chiefs were on offense, and Matt Cassel went over to the referee and basically said "They can't do that!!" Got a delay of game for the Saints out of it, but these refs are so dumb. There was a few more mistakes as well. College and Pro games have different rules. Stop hiring College refs!!!

Old September 25th, 2012, 2:07 am
First Year

I went 6-8 yesterday on picks.Jordmunt, I couldn't make picks because no one posted before the games. This official thing is a joke. Especially last night.

Old September 25th, 2012, 1:30 pm
Curse Breaker

Yes, but having had them blow a field goal call on Sunday that decided a game, this gives me a certain morbid sense of satisfaction. The heat on Gooddell should be enough to get the real officials (and their brand of human error) back quite soon. I will say this, I only knew the first half of that rule. However, I am not an official, and no one's asking me to be one.

Last edited by jordmundt6; September 25th, 2012 at 1:38 pm.
Old September 26th, 2012, 3:40 am
First Year

Monday Night's call was absolutly, mega, ultra horrendous. Clearly an interception.

Old September 26th, 2012, 10:05 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningScar97 View Post
Monday Night's call was absolutly, mega, ultra horrendous. Clearly an interception.
That was one really bad call. The GB player clearly intercepted the ball, there's no way that that was a touchdown.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 28th, 2012, 5:17 am
Curse Breaker

But it got the real refs back. Oh, until late in the third quarter, you could hear suicide pool participants sweating as the Ravens let the Browns hang around, but Weedon's pick six was a backbreaker. I was sort of hoping chaos would reign, particularly after that nice parting gift the Ravens got from the replacement refs last week.

Old September 29th, 2012, 3:52 am
First Year

My picks:

Last Week:6-10
Season Record: 27-21

Bye: Pittsburgh and Indianapolis

Atlanta over Carolina 31-13
St.Louis over Seattle 13-10, Jeff Fisher's D confuses Wilson.
New England over Bufflalo 24-23, Gostkowski wins it.
San Diego over Kansas City 17-14, Chiefs offense too inconsistant.
Houston over Tennessee 28-12.
San Francisco over NY Jets 20-14, Revis' absence leads Mario Manningham to career game.
Detriot over Minnesota 30-19, one word. Megatron
Arizona over Miami 34-17.
Cincinnati over Jacksonville 27-16
Denver over Oakland 31-24
Green Bay over the Bounty Saints.
Tampa Bay over Washington 20-17, Redskins D drastically needs improvement.
NY Giants over Philly 24-16, Eagles' turnovers will cost them.
Dallas over Chicago 19-17, Jay Cutler takes a beating.

Old September 29th, 2012, 8:11 pm
Curse Breaker

I understand the Atlanta pick.

Too much respect for Buffalo. I think the Pats will win and I think Gronk will score a touchdown, but I think it'll be a two score victory.

I understand the San Diego pick, but well, do you think Charles is going to run wild over San Diego's D to keep it close?

I understand the San Fran pick, but Manningham had several good games in his career back in New York. I think this is going to be defense and running that just rolls over the Jets.

I undertand the Detroit pick, but that should be closer. Detroit's secondary has a lot of injuries and Peterson is an All-Pro back (plus, Stafford is hurt and has been inconsistent this year).

Arizona over Miami--Agree. With Bush hurt and Arizona's D maturing, this could be ugly.

Agree on Cincy.

I'm picking Oakland over Denver. Heart and head agree. Peyton's arm strength isn't back, that run game isn't functioning and the defense isn't shutdown.

Agree on Green Bay.

I honestly don't know what'll happen in the Redskins/Bucs game. I'll take Washington. Both secondaries are getting absolutely shelled.

Agree on the Giants, but that spread might be low (more's the pity).

Ugly Monday Night Game. I'll agree on a Dallas victory, but both offensive lines have been atrocious.

Old September 30th, 2012, 6:24 am
First Year

What about Tennessee Houston. Also, regular refs rocked in Thurday's game. I am concerned about Baltimore because they do not play well against bad teams.

Old October 1st, 2012, 2:47 am
Curse Breaker

I ignored them because I think Tennessee is a joke--and look, I was right. Although, Chris Johnson finally led the league in rushing for a week.

What's with this Bolden kid on New England? If he can catch and block, he might be the heir to Kevin Falk.

As for the rest of the picks.

We were right about San Diego.

Atlanta was close (that looked like the Panthers from last year giving them a dogfight in their own building).

I prefer sticking 50-burgers on opponents to sweating it out, but that secondary for New England still looks...well, not good.

Welcome to a quarterback controversy on a winning team in San Fran.

We were wrong about Detroit. They had genuinely terrible special teams two weeks in a row. Wow.

Miami almost pulled it off, more's the pity.

Cincy did beat Jacksonville, but it was ugly. Jacksonville just isn't any good.

Peyton looked a little like 2010 Peyton (drat). He's rounding into form just in time for a visit to Foxborough (watch out for Thomas and Decker to just have a party down the seams).

Green Bay pulled it out in spite of a blown call on a kickoff return, but Brees had the Saints competitive.

Redskins/Bucs went from offense optional to defense optional and RGIII pulled it out.

Other games not done yet.

Old October 1st, 2012, 2:56 am
First Year

Well, the Patriots better stop starting slow or else Denver will roll all over them. How about the Vikings. Who thinks they will make the playoffs? I don't.

Old October 1st, 2012, 3:19 am
Registered Animagus

Ugh Kansas City, where did those rotten turnovers and penalties come from? That was not cool! Chiefs had some pretty exciting plays, but they need a whole game of exciting plays before they can get back on track.

Jamaal Charles still showing why he is one of the best RBs out there, but unfortunately, San Diego's defense seemed to be watching that very lovely 91 yard play against the Saints on re-run over the past week, because they were almost always all over the rush... and when they weren't on the rush they were on Cassel, or the center...

A lot of mistakes today... scoring too little too late. Score from the start, don't play catch up. It worked against the Saints, and they seem to think it will work again. Not likely.

P.S. Is it bad that halfway through the game, I wondered if it would be the same result if the replacement refs were still on the field?