Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > The Common Room

HP-Related Dreams v2

Old May 16th, 2006, 10:28 pm
Curse Breaker

HP-Related Dreams v2

Old version: HP-Related Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by First post of previous version
A while ago, I had a very strange dream, completely devoted to Harry Potter - it was REALLY odd.
I was flying on a broomstick with a bunch of people from Hogwarts (none of whom I recognized) and we got seperated. Somehow I ended up in a muggle village that had the Whompig Willow nearby. I pretty much crashed into it, and accidently froze it. The passage way opened up and I went through. At the end of the path I saw Snape, eavesdropping of course, and I knocked him out with my broom. Then I rushed into the room and warned Harry and the rest of the people that Lupin was going to change into a werewolf, and Pettigrew's escaping and everything else. And that's pretty much where it ended.
That's all I can remember about it, I'm sure there was more stuff though.

Has anyone else had Harry Potter related dreams?? And what where they about?
Last few posts:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmergoWeasley
Maybe the bowling dream was symbolic... Dumbledore enjoys ten-pin bowling, remember!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
I had one where Ginny and Harry got married, with Ron and Hermoine leading the way. Maybe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LioraScarlett
Oh I just woke up from one! It was with Sirius, Lupin, and Wormtail. This story is really wierd but cool. So, me Sirius and Lupin were at this basketball game and the room, I remember, was HUGE. Well, the reason we were there was because we were spying on somebody(not sure who but Sirius and Lupin did) and we had Wormtail with us. I was suppose to keep watch on him so that he didn't escape(though for some reason he couldn't because he couldn't leave from the same place we were) but I still had to keep my eye on him while Sirius and Lupin did their stuff. Well one time I lost him and I was looking around the stands and saw that he was trying to hide from me from the bench a few rows behind me. I told him to get back here but he wouldn't listen and then he flipped the bird at me!!!! I was so mad and shocked that I went and told Sirius and Sirius jinxed him for me! And then he started threatening him and Wormtail was cowering against the wall.

I was laughing so hard that I woke up

I know it sounds completely weird but it was cool. Kind of one of those "you had to be there" deals.

Please continue.

It's time for some football!

J.K. Rowling's Official Website FAQs
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:11 pm
Sixth Year

Re: HP-Related Dreams v2

Yay, a new thread! The other night I dreamt I was in the Triwizard tournament. There was a large dragon I was supposed to be getting past, and I was told I had to shoot it down with a bow and arrow. A friend of mine was there and we were trying to figure out how to use the bows and arrows. It was a bit like the dragon-shooting scene in "The Hobbit", although I knew it was the Triwizard tournament because lots of people were watching and I could see people (including someone I thought was Harry) zooming around on broomsticks. It was really strange.

Aaah. *relieved sigh* this thread is like therapy. Good to get these things off my mind, lol

Last edited by Cadia; May 16th, 2006 at 11:14 pm.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:14 pm
Zonko's Employee

I don't know if this constitues as a "HP" dream, but I sure had one about CoS. I swear, my dreams are the strangest.

So I had a dream that this guy at school was Morgoth. It was wierd as heck and he found out that I was that annoying guy on his site

I also have dreams about making the perfect thread . I am on CoS too long

Old May 16th, 2006, 11:16 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I haven't had many interesting Harry Potter related dreams lately, however I do remember I was dreaming a few days ago about some Harry Potter theories and what would happen in book 7.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:17 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62442al_Man
I also have dreams about making the perfect thread
omg, that is hilarious! you just made me laugh out loud!

Last edited by Cadia; June 7th, 2006 at 8:33 pm.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:20 pm
First Year

I always dream about Harry Potter....usually ending up with me being Harry and dying by the hand of Voldie....bit morbid i kno...OR i dream of Ron and Hermy's wedding....aww that ones sweet

Old May 19th, 2006, 9:40 am
I trusted Severus Snape

Okay, just woke up from this oddity...

Dumbledore finally realized it was time to tell Harry and Snape the truth. So he got them together and explained. Snape was really Harry Potter, the Chosen One. They had used time turners to switch the two babies at birth, so that the Chosen One would be safe from Voldemort.

Both Snape/Harrys had conniption fits. Snape/Harry the adult left to go out drinking with the lumberjacks down at the sandpit, and singing their songs with them. Snape/Harry the student sat in the Hogwarts drama department and sulked, while Dumbledore read old newspaper articles about the school days of the 'real Harry' out loud, to try to get the kid to understand and appreciate him. (It didn't work.)

Old May 19th, 2006, 7:45 pm
Second Year

I don't have Harry Potter dreams often, I'm a little too stressed to have a perfect dream at the moment *grumbles about exams*

Once however:

I dreamt I was sat in my school, my normal school, and Dumbledore walked into the room, said my name, and told me to follow him. He told me all about Hogwarts, and that I had been realised as a witch late, and that I could go to Hogwarts. My science teacher (whom I love very dearly, and when I leave school next friday, will miss so much it hurts to think about it) told me to go for it, saying she was leaving school at october half-term anyway to take up a new job. So, off I trot to Hogwarts, and a few weeks into term, Snapes replacement arrives, in the form of my beloved science teacher... My dream then changed, and for the 36th night running I lost all my hair and teeth... .... I hate stress dreams... But yes... My Harry Potter dream...

I'm sure you will do very well whatever you decide to do in the future.
All the best for the future Sharon x"

Why did I have to leave school?

Copley High School: September 2001-June 2006
Old May 21st, 2006, 9:51 pm
Third Year

I had a very... unique dream. Peter Pettigrew was desperately trying to secure the position of substitute Civics teacher at my school, because I was on the dark side, and I found out that someone in my civics class was destined to defeat Voldemort.
Then, I suddenly realized that I was the one who was destined to defeat Voldemort, so I stood up in the middle of my Civics SOL and killed Peter, then I ran to the principal's office where Voldemort was dueling with the secretary, and I yelled, "WAITING FOR ME?!"
Voldemort laughed at me because I was wearing my pajamas.
But I took no heed and I said, "YOU'VE BEEN ESCAPING FROM DEATH FOR SO LONG... YOU'RE WAY OVERDUE!" But I didn't have a wand.
So there was a portrait on the wall of Dumbledore, and he said, "You don't need a wand. It's inside you."
So I stared at Voldemort, and he began to cry at my gaze, and crumpled to the floor, so I called 911 and the police arrested him.
When I woke up, I thought that it was so cool, and that I really must write a fanfiction about it. After I ate breakfast, though, I realized that it would make a terrible fanfiction, because it made no sense!

If Weasley is my King, Longbottom is my... Duke!

Proud Supporter of the Ministry of Silly Walks

Read my Goblet of Fire Spoof Here: http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=81432

Read "The Phoenix of the Order:" The Phantom of the Opera, Potterized! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=86842

http://i13.tinypic.com/2wf4pdi.gif
Old May 21st, 2006, 9:58 pm
First Year

I had a dream in august that my grade six class (I dont know why them) was attending Dumbledores funeral, wich was in a room identical to the one that would later be used at the end of GOF when Dumbledore was talking about Cedric!!!

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

Hurray for summer!!!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 6:47 pm
Trelawney's Apprentice

Oh yes...to many to even think of one...I do remember that in one of them I was a house-elf, I also remember daring feats by Hermione to free me.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 7:00 pm
First Year

I once had a dream that I was in Ron's room in the Burrow with him practicing spells like producing a patronus , levitating, and other stuff. It was awesome!

Old May 23rd, 2006, 9:49 pm
Third Year

I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed that I was Harry Potter (yes, I'm a girl) and a man came up to me on the street and he said, "My name is Jacques Potter, and I'm your father!" I told him that my father was dead, and he replied, "You were led to believe that James Potter, my identical twin, was your father, but actually, he was the father of Ganymede, who I long believed to be my own son. As my son, you will be crowned the Prince of Norwegia tomorrow." (I'm not kidding. He actually said Norwegia.)

This made perfect sense to me, so I took a very large and fancy ocean liner to Norwegia, where there were hundreds of people waiting for me. Leaning against the dock with a very sullen expression was a boy with long black hair that came down to his shoulders and who was much taller than me. Jacques Potter hissed at him, "Ganymede, look alive!"

And Ganymede replied, "Why? I don't want to be." Apparently, he was really upset, because after Jacques's death, I would be the king of Norwegia instead of him. He told me that I probably wasn't even Jacques' son anyway, because everyone in Norwegia had taken a potion that made them lie half the time and tell the truth half the time, including him. I reasoned that I had no way to tell if that was true, since he took the potion, then I realized that that made no sense, got very confused, and decided to go to lunch.

Ganymede called after me that the only antidote to the potion was to make someone who took it touch a solid silver gravy boat. So, at lunch, I looked for a gravy boat, but it was solid gold, not silver. So I realized that I was never going to find out, and that I might as well live as the Crown Prince of Norwegia. But just then, Hermione walked in and exclaimed, "Harry, you left your gravy boat at the Burrow." And she handed it to me. I passed it to Jacques, and I asked him if he was my father. He said he didn't know, which was kind of anticlimactic.

Then I saw his wife, Ember, who was the Queen of Norwegia and, allegedly, my mother. I realized that her eyes were brown, and that I couldn't possibly be Jacques and Ember's son after all, because everyone said I had my mother's eyes, and mine were green.

So I rode back home on the fancy ocean liner, and Ganymede thanked me for revealing the truth, and we became best friends.

At the end of the dream, I was thirty six years old, and I was visiting Norwegia for vacation with my wife Ginny and our three kids (one of whom was named Zaphod... I am not making this up.) Ganymede welcomed us with open arms, as the king of Norwegia. But then he was arrested for murdering Jacques, his father, and I got him out by distracting the judge by telling him riddles that made no sense. Ganymede made a run for it and lived as a fugitive in England, in our shed.

What an odd dream. I might have to turn it into a book.

Read my Goblet of Fire Spoof Here: http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=81432

Read "The Phoenix of the Order:" The Phantom of the Opera, Potterized! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=86842

Old May 23rd, 2006, 9:53 pm
First Year

I don't usually have dreams dedicated to one topic....

However, I do have dreams where different characters or Potter related elements occur and I think it's totally normal and Harry and I are best friends or I've been riding a broom my entire life.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 10:07 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Last week I had a dream that I was on a beach, and I was going to a beach side store and saw a bunch of advertisments for Harry Potter.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:36 am
I trusted Severus Snape

Quote:
Oh, wow, Schmergo! Yes, that definitely has enough basis to write a fantasy book around!

Old May 24th, 2006, 10:57 pm
Third Year

I just realized where half the stuff in my dream came from.

Norwegia and the gravy boat came from Disney Channel TV shows that a girl I was babysitting watched awhile ago. The name Ganymede came from a Shakespeare play I've been reading called As You Like It. The ocean liner came from the fact that I'm going on a cruise this summer. And Jacques came from "A Series of Unfortunate Events," which I've been reading to my little sis.

Old May 26th, 2006, 10:44 pm
Third Year

Quote:
I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed that I was Harry Potter (yes, I'm a girl) and a man came up to me on the street and he said, "My name is Jacques Potter, and I'm your father!" I told him that my father was dead, and he replied, "You were led to believe that James Potter, my identical twin, was your father, but actually, he was the father of Ganymede, who I long believed to be my own son. As my son, you will be crowned the Prince of Norwegia tomorrow." (I'm not kidding. He actually said Norwegia.)

This made perfect sense to me, so I took a very large and fancy ocean liner to Norwegia, where there were hundreds of people waiting for me. Leaning against the dock with a very sullen expression was a boy with long black hair that came down to his shoulders and who was much taller than me. Jacques Potter hissed at him, "Ganymede, look alive!"

And Ganymede replied, "Why? I don't want to be." Apparently, he was really upset, because after Jacques's death, I would be the king of Norwegia instead of him. He told me that I probably wasn't even Jacques' son anyway, because everyone in Norwegia had taken a potion that made them lie half the time and tell the truth half the time, including him. I reasoned that I had no way to tell if that was true, since he took the potion, then I realized that that made no sense, got very confused, and decided to go to lunch.

Ganymede called after me that the only antidote to the potion was to make someone who took it touch a solid silver gravy boat. So, at lunch, I looked for a gravy boat, but it was solid gold, not silver. So I realized that I was never going to find out, and that I might as well live as the Crown Prince of Norwegia. But just then, Hermione walked in and exclaimed, "Harry, you left your gravy boat at the Burrow." And she handed it to me. I passed it to Jacques, and I asked him if he was my father. He said he didn't know, which was kind of anticlimactic.

Then I saw his wife, Ember, who was the Queen of Norwegia and, allegedly, my mother. I realized that her eyes were brown, and that I couldn't possibly be Jacques and Ember's son after all, because everyone said I had my mother's eyes, and mine were green.

So I rode back home on the fancy ocean liner, and Ganymede thanked me for revealing the truth, and we became best friends.

At the end of the dream, I was thirty six years old, and I was visiting Norwegia for vacation with my wife Ginny and our three kids (one of whom was named Zaphod... I am not making this up.) Ganymede welcomed us with open arms, as the king of Norwegia. But then he was arrested for murdering Jacques, his father, and I got him out by distracting the judge by telling him riddles that made no sense. Ganymede made a run for it and lived as a fugitive in England, in our shed.

This is officially the funniest thing I have ever read/seen/heard in my entire life!!!!! I could not stop laughing the whole way through. Thank you for making my day (or year)!

No, John, unfortunately we don't have a code for, 'there's a man in my closet with a gun to my daughter's headí. Although...we obviously should.
Why is there silverware in the pancake drawer?
Can't you even tell us apart when we're Harry?
Old May 27th, 2006, 4:33 am
(Still) The Nicest Guy Ever.

Quote:

How very bizzare. I have never really had any HP related dreams, but I did have one where a bunch of my friends were named Harry Potter names. In the dream my name was Ernie Macmillan, and I was talking to some of these friends during some holiday. One was named Severus, one Ron, one Neville, and one Minerva.

Check out TheDailyExcuse for icons, graphics, and additional exciting items!

No Vampires Included.....well maybe a few.

Occasionally you need to jump off a cliff and do things you know are not immediately within your grasp.
Old May 27th, 2006, 3:17 pm
Third Year

I had a dream last night, that wasn't EXACTLY HP-related, but anyway, here goes. My church was holding auditions for the musical Annie, and lots of people, including real people I know who don't go to my church, were auditioning for the musical. (I got the role of Miss Hannigan, by the way). Anyway, one boy who was about sixteen years old, sang for his audition a song that I wrote, one of the numbers from "The Phoenix of the Order: The Phantom of the Opera, Potterized." (Follow the link in my siggie to read it.)
I said to him, "Oh my gosh, where did you get that song?"
And he replied, "Some guy in my English class printed it off the internet and brought it in, and we all thought it was funny."
I shrieked, "THAT'S SO AWESOME, BECAUSE I WROTE IT!"
He laughed, and said, "No, I wrote it."
This obviously was a lie, since he'd already said that a boy in his class brought in to school. So I started shouting at him. When this proved ineffective, we began a huge fist fight, in the middle of my church. He was down on the ground and I was stomping on his head with high-heeled boots, when I woke up.
It was kind of weird.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > The Common Room