Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

The Relavesting women

Old January 17th, 2007, 7:25 am
First Year

The Relavesting women

This is my first fanfic so please let me know if it sucks or not.

I do own the following characters : Asarina Scandens Relavesting, Artemisia Ananu Relavesting, Aurora Siravens Relavesting and
Spoiler: show
Hayden Sirius Black

The story revolves around the three Relavesting women and their lives. Most of them are raised by their mothers and their fathers are often absent from their lives..

Asarina Scadens Relavesting's parents died of old age and left her all alone in the world. She travelled far and wide seeking companionship and found it in the arms of one Morfin Gaunt.

Asarina and Morfin had a brief affair before he got carted off the Azkaban for attacking a muggle family. A few months later she realised she was with child and decided to runaway before Morfin came back. She did this as she felt that it would be better if she raised her child alone, away from Morfin, as she felt his unstability was not good for the upbringing of their child. She packed up her belongings and headed off to a place where nobody could find them.

Asarina was a greatly gifted witch, who could change her own and other's appearance at will. What most people didn't know was that Asarina was the last living decendant of an ancient rich family ans was the direct decendant of the great Rowena Ravenclaw, one of the founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

She settled her new home in the middle of a forest which she had cleared off. She built a three storey mansion, made it unplottable and invisible of muggles. She made it so protected that she set up an invisible barrier so that no one could come off 5 feet of the house without permission.

Six months later, she bore a daughter, Artemisia Ananu Relavesting. She named Artemisia after her grandmother on her mother's side and Ananu from her grandmother on her father's side.

Asarina's parents and grandparents were very old when she was born and remained the only child of the Relavesting family, as her parents had difficulty having children. She was taught magic by her mother and her grandmothers. They did not wish for her to go to Hogwarts as she might learn of her great heritage. On her deathbed, her mother revealed everything to her.

Her mother gave her the key to open the secret room in their old home. In the secret room were many powerful objects and heirlooms. She found a gigantic book in which every female of the family wrote of their lives and the powers they possessed. In the book, she found out abouther great heritage and the reason to keep it secret. There were those who would want the line of Ravenclaw ended in order to get their family heirlooms. One of their most precious heirlooms was Rowena Ravenclaw's deep blue travelling cloak and her wand, still kept in a box in excellent condition.

Among other things, she found an old dusty album full of pictures of her ancestors. Most of them had red hair and blue green eyes, but most of them had the same heart shaped face ending with a soft chin, it was neither pointed, sharp nor round.

Ok I'm ending this one here.. I'd love to have some feedback. Thanks

The Relavesting Women

Feedback

Last edited by Lily_White; January 17th, 2007 at 8:08 am.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2007, 7:58 am
First Year

Re: The Relavesting women

With the birth of Artemisia, Asarina knew she had to begin writing in the ancient book, so that when the time came, her daughter would learn as she, herself once did. To her great relief, Artemisia inherited none of her father's looks and unstability. Instead she inherited her father's ability to speak parceltongue, the snake language. Asarina knew thqat Morfin was a decendant of Salazar Slytherin, as he boasted about it on many occasions. She knew that she had to protect Artemisia now even more as she had the blood of Slytherin and Ravenclaw in her now.

Artemisia's powers became apparent as she grew older. She seemed to have an unusual amount of control over her powers. As she grew older, she became a very gifted witch. She was quick, intelligent and mot to mention beautiful. Her mother taght her all the magic she knew. Some of it, she learnt by reading all the books in their house. She also experimented and invented some spells and potions. She was superb at transfiguring and healing.

Asarina got ill one winter's day and was not getting better. Her health was slowly deteorating. As hard as she tried, Artemisia could not completely heal her mother. With her last breath, she told Artemisia about her heritage. The ancient knowledge written by her ancestors in the ancient book did little to satisfy her desire for knowledge, instead it made her want to know more. A few days after her mother's death, she decided to go to Hogwarts to find out more about her heritage. She wrote to her headmaster of the school for an interview for a teaching post.

Dear Headmaster Dippet,
My name is Artemisia Ananu Relavesting. I am writing to you sd I would like to fill the empty post of Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher. I would appreciate it if you would permit a meeting between us. Please reply to my request sir. I shall graciously accept your decision, whatever it may be.
Yours Sincerely,
Artemisia Ananu Relavesting

Artemisia could not fulfill her mother's last wish. She felt so alone for the first time in her life. She needed to know more. A few days later, a large barn owl came with a reply.

Dear Ms. Relavesting,
I wish to interview you for the Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher's post. Please call at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry tomorrow morning at 11am. My deputy headmaster, Albus Dumbledore will bring you to my study. He shall provide you with anything you may need to make your visit her at Hogwarts comfortable.

Till we meet,
Professor Armando Dippet
Headmaster of Hogwarts
School of Witchcraft
And Wizardry

The Relavesting Women

Feedback

Last edited by Lily_White; January 17th, 2007 at 8:07 am.
Old January 18th, 2007, 2:20 am
First Year

Feeling so elated, she quickly packed whatever she needed and began her journey to Hogwarts. By nightfall, she reached the town of Hogsmeade. She rented a room in the Hog's Head bar and inn. They were a few people seated at the dusty old bar and most of them had completely hidden themselves in cloaks.

'Some of these people look like a couple of dementors having a drink at a bar', she thought to herself.

As she was taking in the scenery, the barman, a tall and thin man with long, dirty auburn beard and hair stopped in the middle of wiping his glass and stared at her, taking in her full profile.

'Good evening sir, is there a room available here for a night?', she asked, a little scared of the way he was staring at her.

'Yes. 2 galleons a night. You break anything in the room and you're gonna have to pay for it!', he grunted.

'Of course sir, I'll take a room for the night.'

''Write down your name and pay up. Here, take the key too. The room's up the stairs, second room on your left.

She wrote down her name, paid and took the key to the room. She climbed up the stairs and went into the room. The room was completely filthy. There was dust flying around in the air, the curtains were grey and covered in cobwebs and there was a layer of dust sitting on everything in the room. Now she realised why it was so cheap. It look like no one had cleaned it in centuries.

She took out her wand, waved it around the room and said
"Scourgify!"

The cobwebs, dust and dirt were all gone. 'Well that's better', she thought to herself. 'At least I can breathe without choking myself'

She unpacked her clothes and put it in the dresser. She then took a shower and got ready for bed.

[I know this is short. I just want to post the dream section together. Hope you'll like the dream section]

The Relavesting Women

Feedback
Old January 18th, 2007, 2:47 am
First Year

As Artemisia drifted off to sleep, she fell into a dream. She saw flashes of her mother and her ancestors. Thinking about them and missing them, she now felt so alone.

Suddenly her dream changed. She was now in front of a small dirty hovel. She saw a handsome young man who had thick dark hair that hung snug around his pale neck. As she followed him, she noticed a snake following him too. She noticed that he was not aware of her presence. She stood in front of him and took in his appearance. He was very pale, had hollowed cheeks, and his eyes were dark. She had a feeling that this was a very cruel wizard and disliked him immediately. She saw a black ring on one of his pale long fingers. He took it off and put it on the dirty old table.

She heard him hiss, "Stay here Nagini and attack anyone who comes near! I do not want to be disturbed"

Artemisia watched as the snake bowed to the man and slithered away, keeping watch over the hovel, in the bushes nearby. Artemisia realised that this man was a parcelmouth, just like her. She knew that she had to be related to him from her father's side but she felt like she mustn't make herself known to him. She felt that he could not be trusted and was extremely dangerous.

She saw him take his wand out and saw him point it at his chest. He muttered a few words and slowly drew his wand away from his chest. She saw a small greyish mist clinging to the tip of his wand. He had a pained expression on his face. Somehow, he looked less human than he was a few moments earlier. He brought the greyish mist to the ring and waved his wand in a circular motion above the ring and muttered a few more incantations and the greyish mist got sucked into the ring. The ring levitated a little off the table and glowed bright red and as suddenly as that happened, it dropped back down onto the table and appeared like it was a few moments ago, an innocent looking ring.

Artemisia noticd that the man looked even more paler than earlier and he looked tired and worn out. Shocked by what had just happen and the sudden change in his appearance, Artemisia screamed. The man seemed to be shaken out of his reverie and looked directly at her. He didn't know how he could see her or how she was there but he was shocked and angry at this unexpected occurance. He didn't like something unplanned happening when he was doing something so secretive and important. As he went for his wand, Artemisia screamed. She knew she had to get out of there.

Before she could think of anything else to do, she felt a hand tapping her around her face. Her eyes flew open and she saw a kind face with deep blue eyes looking at her with a worried expression.

[This is where I leave you. I'd like to thank baseballblondie for her feedback Please read more and tell me what you think.]

The Relavesting Women

Feedback
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts