Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Old February 6th, 2007, 10:43 pm
Second Year

Re: Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

I think one of the Weasley's will die, Mrs Weasley said to Harry in HBP, "Half of our family owe our lifes to you Harry" Well something along those lines anyway, I don't have the book handy. So I think one of the Weasley's will do something brave and jump infront of curse/killing curse maybe? I have a really bad feeling it will be Ron, then again, I don't think it will be. I want the trio to survie so much, I just hope she doesn't kill one of them off. That would be awful I also think Hagrid may die, unfortunately and I also think Neville, Snape or Draco will die. One of those 3 anyway. I hope Bellatrix and Lucius die along with a few other death eaters! And of course - Voldemort himself.

There are somethings you can't share without ending up liking each other,
and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:26 am
First Year

None of the trio can die! i'll be so upset if JK kills one of the trio. I mean it is likely that Harry will die but Ron and Hermione have to live happily ever after!!! I think the thoery of one or more of the Weasleys might die is good and maybe it might be Percy. I can definatly see him walking into a trap just out of pure ignorance and arrogance. Also maybe Fred and George. In HBP Molly says when they visit thier joke shop that they will be murdered in thier beds maybe it's a clue? or I could be over analysing!

Out of the baddies Draco Malfoy will die and hopefully Lucius maybe they might have a duel and kill each other you know Draco thinks his father is interferring with his 'destiny' and so on. LV of course will die this I think is a given and maybe snape I'm not sure on that one it all comes down to the debate on whether he is good or evil. If he is good then I don't think he will die and maybe harry might even forgive him or at least understand his actions. But if he is evil then of course he will die probably at the hand of Hagrid or Harry or as some people have pointed out Ron.

Old February 7th, 2007, 1:53 am
First Year

I think I posted to the last thread they had for this... But I'll say it again and again and AGAIN...

*NOT LUPIN! NOT LUPIN! NOT LUPIN!*

I really don't care about anyone else! Well, maybe Tonks, so he'll have someone to keep him company

Old February 7th, 2007, 2:05 am
Second Year

Pettigrew will definately die in a sacrifice due to his bond with Harry...and if Bellatrix doesnt die or get the dementor's kiss, jo might be getting a letter from me

Old February 7th, 2007, 2:42 am
First Year

If I were to pick a main character that wouldnt survive Deathly Hallows, I would have to guess Hagrid. He has been nearly as important to making Hogwarts home to Harry as Dumbledore. I am interested in the last line of HBP, referring to the impending wedding and Harry spending "one last golden day of peace together with Ron and Hermione". What may that connect to if anything?

Old February 7th, 2007, 2:43 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

To me the two characters that she planned on letting live that now die may be fred and george. Second choice: Ron and Hermione. But R and H seem almost too important for her to have not planned on them dying or living long ago...

Character that gets a reprieve: Hagrid? Or Lupin? Hagrid would fit well with the alchemy theme. I know lots have posted over this theme, so i'll just note that if JK decided to break the theme, a logical way in which to break the theme would be Hagrid living.

I think most of the other characters had their fates decided long ago, and I'll hazard a few guesses.
LV: Defeated. Maybe not dead, but powerless. Something like how DD defeated Grindelwald (and, besides in fan fics...we don't know how he did that yet, to my knowledge)
Harry: Living. Going with my heart rather than my nagging gut feeling...
Ginny: Living
Ron: Dead . I'll miss him...
Hermione: Dead. I'll miss her too
Neville: how 'bout that herbology!
OK, my heart just spoke: Ron and Hermione live!
Wormtail and Snape: Dead, with both being huge aids to Harry in some way, shape, or form.
Lupin: Dead
Bill and Fleur are another possibility for unplanned death. My theme here is I rather think that an intimately linked pair is the unplanned death - call it a hunch.

Old February 7th, 2007, 4:21 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyOz View Post
None of the trio can die! i'll be so upset if JK kills one of the trio. I mean it is likely that Harry will die but Ron and Hermione have to live happily ever after!!! I think the thoery of one or more of the Weasleys might die is good and maybe it might be Percy. I can definatly see him walking into a trap just out of pure ignorance and arrogance. Also maybe Fred and George. In HBP Molly says when they visit thier joke shop that they will be murdered in thier beds maybe it's a clue? or I could be over analysing!

Out of the baddies Draco Malfoy will die and hopefully Lucius maybe they might have a duel and kill each other you know Draco thinks his father is interferring with his 'destiny' and so on. LV of course will die this I think is a given and maybe snape I'm not sure on that one it all comes down to the debate on whether he is good or evil. If he is good then I don't think he will die and maybe harry might even forgive him or at least understand his actions. But if he is evil then of course he will die probably at the hand of Hagrid or Harry or as some people have pointed out Ron.

I forgot about the whole twins being murdered in their beds thing! It seems like something Jo would do, like how she foreshadowed Sirius' death. But I don't want them to die! Fred is pretty much my favorite character, George is second to him.

But I also think that the chess scene in SS/PS is foreshadowing Ron sacrificing himself for Harry. But then I read somewhere that in an interview Jo was saying that Hermione is more vulnerable and that makes me think she might be the one dying. But would Jo have her and Ron do all this playing hard to get for 6 books only to have one of them die in the seventh? It seems pointless to have all this tension between them, and not let them be together or only having them together for about a year. I used to think Ron or Hermione would die, but now i really doubt that.

We must unite inside her or we'll crumble from within
Old February 7th, 2007, 4:46 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang25 View Post
Pettigrew will definately die in a sacrifice due to his bond with Harry...and if Bellatrix doesnt die or get the dementor's kiss, jo might be getting a letter from me
I totally keep forgetting about Peter Pettigrew! I agree he would probably sacrifice himself for Harry becoause he is indebtted to him or something (don't have the quote handy from PoA but we all know the spot i'm talking about) That scenario could be interesting!

Quote:
But would Jo have her and Ron do all this playing hard to get for 6 books only to have one of them die in the seventh? It seems pointless to have all this tension between them, and not let them be together
I agree HP_and_Kiwi there has been so much mounting tension between these two that i just can't believe that they wil die - I hoping not anyway *fingers crossed*

Old February 7th, 2007, 5:30 am
Second Year

its lupin cause his name has been taken from roman mythology.. remus and his brother were brought up by wolves.. and some war i cant remember the brother killed remus.. lupin is also another word for wolves.
funnily enough they recently found the cave where they say remus and his brother were found by wolves..it was on msn..
so according to the myth remus dies.. and it would be drammatic too cause he just found tonks. and thats pretty typical of jk.and harry.. i have this awful feeling harry and lupin will die.. and i dont want them too.

Old February 7th, 2007, 11:24 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceFO View Post
I think one of the Weasley's will die
I agree. For a long time I have been convinced that one of the Weasley's will eventually be killed. I don't think it will be Ron, but maybe Bill or Charlie? There are a lot of Weasley's and I will be very surprised if they all come out of it alive. Molly's boggart, and mentions of the twins being murdered in their beds... foreshadowing perhaps?

Old February 7th, 2007, 3:05 pm
Second Year

Voldemort is a given, I think Peter will also die simply because this is the only time where a life debt is pointed out between two living wizards. Mrs. Weasley I sadly believe will also die. She is absolutely everyones mother and has the most emotional bonds to the characters and readers, Harry has lost now several father figures it just makes sense. I think another one or two of the Weasley boys will die, Charlie or one and/or both of the twins. Hermione I can see dying simply because we reject the idea from our minds because she is so clever yet she is also the first person to lose her mind in a crisis in SS she forgets she's a witch. I can also see her sacrificing herself for Harry or Ron.
Lupin, I believe and hope will live because I feel that there has to be someone left behind to tell the story. To kill an entire generation without a single voice to tell the story is to me simply wrong. Plus he has already outsurvirved them once. Harry and Ron just live. Ginny I can also see sacrificing herself, but I believe she will live because Harry has yet to truly live.
Snape, live or die will leave the wizarding world confused.

Old February 7th, 2007, 8:05 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyOz View Post
It might have been already discussed in an older version, but I think there is the slightest of possibility JKR kind of slipped up last August in NY. When asked who she would invite to dinner, she almost instantly named the trio, then she pondered a bit, someone said she could invite dead characters as well, then she said 'Oh, but I know who is dead' (or something like that) and then she names DD and Hagrid. I take this as telling us that the trio will be alive in 2006.

Does not bode well for Hagrid, but I had him on my 'might possibly die' list already, due to the alchemical reference of the stages black (Sirius Black) - white (Albus Dumbledore) - red (Rubeus Hagrid)

I donīt think Ron will die, because there have been too many clues. I canīt imagine JKR so openly almost 'announcing' one of the major characterīs death. The chess match sacrifice, Ronīs remark about the tea leaves telling him Die, Ron, Die (btw: he said he would chuck them in the bin, where they belong), You Die Weasley next to a Hangman game in the cover of Magical Beasts, to name but a few. Itīs a bit too much for my liking, if that makes any sense. Plus, Ron already had his close call in HBP, where he almost died from the poisoned meade, I think it would be useless to then kill him off in the next book.

I donīt think Harry will die. He has endured so much, really, he needs to be awarded with the 'normal' life and his own family, what he always wanted. With Ginny.

If any of the trio, I would be most concerned about Hermione, but she is kind of JKRīs alter ego, isnīt she? A bit at least. Plus, JKR has spent so much effort and page time on developing the relationship between Ron and Hermione, it would make no sense to have them get together in DH only to kill one or both of them off then.

I think it is possible one of the Weasleyīs has to die. That seems to be inevitable going by the sheer number of them.

Since Arthur, Bill and Ron have already had close calls, I think they are safe.

Ginny, I am not 100% sure, but she is the hope for Harryīs future so to speak, therefore I donīt see her dying either.

Charlie, we donīt know much about him. Maybe thatīs why he could go. He has his fans, but most readers are not much invested in him, I guess. But his death would have an impact on the Weasleys. We would see how they have to deal with this death. But all in all, Iīm not sure.

Percy, more likely than Charlie. Could redeem himself by saving one of his family memberīs life and die in the process. But that might be too much cliché.

The twins, I hope not (did I have them on my list on the previous page?)
Generally I have a hard time imagining the Weasley kids dying. That is the worst thing that can happen to a parent. Arthur and Molly would be thoroughly devastated (the others as well of course, but you know what I mean). Thatīs why I think it is more likely one of the parents has to go. And since Arthur has already been severly injured in OotP, my guess is on Molly.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:29 am
Second Year

I agree that Ron, Arthur, and Bill will survive because of their previous close calls. Hermione and Ginny will make it as well. The two characters she wasn't planning on killing and did??

My bet is Moody or another fairly well known Order member and Charlie or Percy Weasley. I think Lupin was originally set to die and she ended up sparing him

Hagrid or Mcgonagle will die, fighting hard no doubt.

I was looking at the Malfoy family and their backgrounds recently and thought up or finalized an idea: By book 6, Malfoy resents his father but feels a duty to kill Dumbledore. At first, i thought it was merely to preserve his own life but it also seems to be for his mother.

This is pretty out there and it would take a lot of focus away from, well, Harry ha.. but i think we might get snippets of something along these lines:

Voldermort is furious but the job is done...lucius eventually cracks up and goes ballistic on him and narcissa. eventually malfoy is forced to turn halfway decent to save his mother, etc.

either that or voldermort kills one of them and malfoy is forced not to pick a side, good or bad, but to save himself and his family

Old February 8th, 2007, 1:12 am
First Year

Obviously thinking Voldemort will die... but on the subject of "who will live?" I imagine at least one death eater that we want to see dead will get away with it/tell some kind of story to get out of it, or at least be placed in the dubiously unsuccessful care of the authorities.

I mean, at the end of the day, JK writes sort of parallels to reality... and in a lot of war situations people who were heavily involved got away scot-free.

Same thing last time Voldemort was about. If people could get away from it all again, they can now too, and I can bet some of them will.

JK's not going to end the series by saying "all the evil people died and there was no evil anymore"... you can bet that some will be left lurking around, after all, that's life.

Old February 8th, 2007, 4:25 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang25 View Post
The two characters she wasn't planning on killing and did??
I am pretty sure the two 'additionals' arenīt major characters (that rules out the trio and Ginny, IMO, who I donīt see dying at all anyway). JKR said, she had to make small changes in the epilogue, and I guess the death of a major character would require more than small changes. Plus, I donīt think she would change the fate of a major character all of a sudden in the last book. The trioīs fates will have been set in stone from the beginning, IMO.

Quote:
My bet is Moody or another fairly well known Order member and Charlie or Percy Weasley. I think Lupin was originally set to die and she ended up sparing him
I think Luping got the reprieve. The more I think about it, the more sure I get. I can imagine JKR had originally planned to kill all of the Marauders off. James and Sirius are already dead. I am sure, Wormtail dies, maybe paying back the life-debt he owes to Harry. Yes, I know, not a very original idea, but a valid one, IMO. That leaves Lupin, and I think he got the reprieve. Maybe because JKR likes him too much and his death would not really serve any plot-purpose, maybe because she wants for Harry to have some connection to his parents. To have someone in his life, who knew them.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old February 8th, 2007, 9:00 pm
First Year

I think Percy and Charlie Weasley, will live. When considering which Weasleys might die they're the obvious choices because no one really likes Percy, and, even though Charlie is likeable, we haven't seen enough of him to be as invested in him emotionally. It's too easy. The previous good characters to die (Cedric, Sirius and Dumbledore) weren't easy; The sadness of their deaths ,as hard as it was on Harry and we the readers, gave the books an emotional depth that is part of their greatness.

Sadly, I think the Weasleys that are in the most danger are Fred and George. It seems that most people write them off as the comic relief, but I'd like to offer some reasons why I think they're the most likely:

- They are inventing and selling things to the Ministry.
- They are close to Harry, and if Harry goes into hiding they could be suspected as knowing his whereabouts, or used as bait to lure Harry out.
- They work with the public everyday, which makes them more vulnerable. I could see a DE taking polyjuice to make him look like a 10 year old and then hitting them with the Imperious curse, for instance.
- In a time of fear they are cheering people up. I don't think LV would like that too much ( I'm with Mrs. W in thinking the U-NO-POO poster was a tad defiant, though pretty funny).
- In their quest for a great joke, they could wind up inventing something that could be extremely valuable to either side.

I really hope I'm wrong because I've always loved the twins. At least if they die they'll treat death like the next great adventure ( maybe wreak a little havoc in the afterlife). It would be much worse, actually if one were to die and the other one was left behind.

Old February 8th, 2007, 9:45 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

I'm with you on the twins, flamelda. I think the pair that she has dying that she didn't plan on are, in order:
Fred and George
Lupin and Tonks
Bill and Fleur
Ron and Hermione.
Like I posted above, I really think the 2 that JK refers to are a pair that are linked in fandom's minds; and Fred and George are certainly a pair. If it's two individuals then i'm barking up the wrong tree.

Old February 8th, 2007, 10:40 pm
First Year

Bad guys first!

Voldemort dies, directly or INDIRECTLY killed by Harry. (Harry has the power to vanquish him... perhaps that just means only he can destroy the horcruxes?? Perhaps somebody else actually polishes off Voldy's body? I would love it to be Neville- calling the prophecy into question again, in the very very last chapter... hehehe!)

Lucius dies (I hope killed by ron as payback for the trouble he gave arthur!)

Bellatrix dies (I hope by Neville.)

Wormtail- Not actually sure about him. I think it might be more complicated than him just dying saving harry because of the debt. The 'obviousness' of it laid down far in advance stinks of a classic JK red herring to me...

Draco will, I think, continue to be obnoxious, continue to loathe Harry, but will not die, and will be 'redeemed' by the end, looking towards a brighter future. You can't slaughter all the baddies- we have to have at least one person realise the error of their ways!

Snape, on the other hand, will die.

Now for the Good Guys....

We have far too many brand new happy couples!! Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Tonks/Lupin and Bill/Fleur. She can't possibly let them ALL live happily ever after!!

Personally I am quite quite sure Harry Ron and Hermione will live. I could go on and on about why, but basically it all boils down to the fact that in a children's book about good vs evil, the child heroes can't pop their socks at the end. No, not even one of them! They win, they live.
Others can die, however, SO.....

I think the Lupin/Tonks relationship is the doomed one meself! Tonks has more to stay alive for somehow- she belongs to the 'present' which Harry inhabits, but Lupin belongs to the 'past' era when he was with sirius and james, and now he just seems to be lingering on after they've gone. D'you get what I mean? I can't see a future for him- he's lived too much already. I think he'll go, possibly taking pettigrew with him.

(Just a REALLY random idea... but for some really bizzare reason, I feel that *something* will happen when all the marauders are dead. Perhaps *something* will be fulfilled, or completed, or released - I really don't know what, but whatever it is will allow Harry to 'see' his dad and Sirius for one last time. oh well. It's an idea anyway...ho hum)

Next: The Weasleys. I don't think JK could kill the twins. It would make the book bitter beyond belief... I think Percy will be the one to die. That won't be bitter- just poignant. The percy storyline has been a bit pointless so far- it has to have a 'point', and that is, in my opinion, that Percy will die. In his mother's arms. *sniff*

Lupin, Percy and Snape (if he's good) are quite enough goodies to kill off I think, but if another one had to go, I think it would be Moody. The 'real' Moody hasn't done much yet, and we don't care for him enough for him to live on- so his great and final hour will come in the last book.

*Cowers in chair refusing to mention Hagrid because it would be just TOO awful*......

Old February 9th, 2007, 1:07 am
First Year

I don't know, I think Ginny will die, I have this HUGE gut feeling. I mean, I would be DEVASTATED, but listen to this theory:

Harry finds all the horcruxes and destroys them;
Ginny wants to help Harry in final battle;
Harry says no;
Ginny cries, threatens, snogs Harry, all without seeming like a brat;
Harry gives in;
Everyone is at the Burrow;
Voldemort realises that Harry destroyed all the horcruxes;
Death Eaters attack at night;
Order and Ministry defense people come help;
Either Lucius Malfoy or Bellatrix Lestrange kidnap Ginny;
Ginny is brought to grave yard of sorts;
Ginny is tied up;
Voldemort is waiting in said grave yard;
Ginny is tied up and forced to listen to Voldemorts evil rants (I am so
powerful, you are so weak yadda yadda) without laughing;
Harry is informed of Ginny's whereabouts;
Hermione comes up with strategy;
Said strategy is implied;
Harry unties Ginny;
Said strategy fails;
Harry finds himself battling Snape;
Ginny rushes to his side;
Snape is called a coward;
Snape performs Sectumsempra on the Chosen One;
Ginny has been training to be a Healer and repares Harry;
Snape is enraged;
Snape is about to kill Harry, but changes his mind and targets Ginny with Avada
Kedavra;
Ginny is not paying attention, but staring at her mortally wounded father in shock;
Harry shouts to Ginny;
Ginny dodges said curse;
Ginny is not quick enough;
Ginny dies;
I am devastated;
Harry is shocked and enraged;
Harry destroys said evil ******* with some curse of love or whatever;
Said evil ******* dies;
I am happy.
The End

P.S. This is pure theory, nothing more...
P.P.S. In case you haven't figured out who said evil ******* is, it is my personal favorite nickname for Snape. Oh, so sorry, it is my second favorite, because the minute I wrote that, I realized that Ickle Snivelykins would bother him WAY more...(!)
P.P.P.S. I believe that Arthur will die from said mortal wounds; So sorry, Molly... (sniffle)

You know, I know this good psychologist; if you don't kill him the minute you see him, he might be able to give you some very valuable insights...

What would you say to Voldemort if he threatened to kill you?

E-mail me to let me know!!!

Last edited by amortenia10; February 11th, 2007 at 11:39 pm.
Old February 9th, 2007, 1:54 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

The Percy storyline does need to have closure somehow...I feel that somehow Percy will be redeemed. Somehow. I don't know if that'll result in his death or not.

Losing the twins'd be sad. But they will not go down without a fight. The two of them and Ginny, if I were to fight them, I'd want powerful backup. Each of the Weasleys is strong in some way, but somehow I see those being the best at fighting. Ginny was a 5th year holding her own against a fully grown death eater, and she's already bested Draco, too. And her brothers are kind of afraid of her bat-bogey hex. Fred and George would also be tough to battle, especially because I see them being so in tune with each other that they're the perfect backup for each other.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies