Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Old February 12th, 2007, 7:45 pm
First Year

Re: Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

I think Snape will die while protecting Harry, Voldemort will be killed by Harry and Ginny will die maybe too in the final battle.

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2007, 8:32 pm
First Year

Just my two cents - a lot of people are talking about how upset they will be should certain characters die - have we learned nothing from JK? There are fates worth than death, and epic sacrifices will surely have to be made.

Old February 12th, 2007, 8:40 pm
First Year

I believe one of those sacrifices will be from Peter Pettigrew. The other characters who I think that might die are Percy Weasley, Hagrid and Krum. Voldemort dies too.

I think none of the characters that have a partner die. Ron can't die because of Hermione, Lupin can't die because of Tonks, Arthur can't die because of Molly, Bill can't die because of Fleur and Harry can't die because of Ginny. How many characters have we met so far who are widows?

Old February 12th, 2007, 10:05 pm
Triple Threat in Third Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
I don't think so. From CoS to HBP, Harry leaves the house every chance he gets, so much so that in OOtP, Harry has to be ordered by Dumbledore to stay inside.
Yes he did leave the house frequently up until OoP. Harry and Dudley got attacked by dementors. Once they got home Harry started getting owls telling him to "not leave the house". He stayed inside until the Advance Guard came to pick him up. So I'm thinking that since he's warned to stay "inside" he is no longer safe leaving...possibly the actual "ancient protection" only works inside the Dursley's.

Old February 12th, 2007, 10:10 pm
First Year

I don't think harry, hermione, or ron will die. Pettigrew will die and sad to say i think one of the weasleys will die. In the hospital wing after Harry stuffs the bezoar down rons throat Mrs.Weasley hugs Harry an roughly "O Hary what would we do without you, you've saved Ginny , Arthur, and now Ron; come to think of it half of our family owes you their lives" i feel this may be a bit of forshadowing

Old February 12th, 2007, 11:12 pm
First Year

The sentence about half the Weaselys owing Harry their lives could also mean he'll save another one...but I dunno.

Old February 13th, 2007, 3:26 am
First Year

Voldemort will assuredly die in my mind
I really don't want anyone good to die, but if one of the trio does, my guess is that it will be Hermione.

Old February 13th, 2007, 3:38 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Imperfecto View Post
Just my two cents - a lot of people are talking about how upset they will be should certain characters die - have we learned nothing from JK? There are fates worth than death, and epic sacrifices will surely have to be made.
Yeah but that doesn't mean we have to like the sacrifices the goof guys have to make in order ot beat the bad guys. Dumbledore sacrificed himself for Harry, but somehow I don't think Harry enjoyed that very much.

Old February 13th, 2007, 5:33 am
Banned

i read the ovbviously already known rumor that snape jumps in front of voldemorts aveda kadavra curse and redeems himself and saves hary out of his love for lily

Old February 13th, 2007, 5:40 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Imperfecto View Post
Word. This is exactly why I think Harry himself may die. But this isn't that thread...

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing
Old February 13th, 2007, 6:13 am
First Year

I'm Just going to Jump in the Thread and Throw out my two sense.

I think lupin may die, so that the Mauraders while be together once more, I dont see any of the Trio dying though.

Old February 13th, 2007, 6:15 am
Banned

the trio won't die jk is waitng to finally bring ron and hermione together in the last one lupin could be killed but i think the snape theory is the best sounding

Old February 13th, 2007, 4:54 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnyluv View Post
i read the ovbviously already known rumor that snape jumps in front of voldemorts aveda kadavra curse and redeems himself and saves hary out of his love for lily
I think there is a thread about this, Im not sure. The theory/rumour most probably originates from a comment JKR made in the interview on the PoA Dvd. She said she kind of got goosebumps when she saw something included in the movie, which was not in the PoA-book, that foreshadows something that happens in a later book. I personally have no idea what this could be and she could have referred to something in GoF, OotP or HBP. But there is this scene when Lupin transforms into the werewolf and Snape jumps infront of the trio to protect them.

Whatever Snape turns out to be, and however it happens, I think he will die. I forgot him on my original list on the first page here. But I think, Snape will die.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old February 13th, 2007, 6:08 pm
First Year

1. Lord Voldything by Harry Potter
2. Ronald Weasley by effects of Horcrux or by Lestranges; Malfoys
3. Hermione Granger by effects of Horcrux
4. Severus Snape by Harry Potter
5. Draco Malfoy by Lord Voldything or Ronald Weasley
6. Sybill Trelawney by any Death Eater if she refuses to join them
7. Peter Pettigrew by his "life he owes to Harry" (from PoA book)
8. Olivander by effects of Horcrux

Old February 14th, 2007, 12:11 am
First Year

Quote:
The sentence about half the Weaselys owing Harry their lives could also mean he'll save another one...but I dunno. - sundrynotes
Yeah I don't think I had thought of it before you mentioned it, but now I definatetly think that it's a major possibiltity.

It won't be Arthur or Ginny because they've already been saved by him, and I don't think that it will be Bill, because he's already had his near death experience.

That leaves Molly, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, and Ron.

I don't really think it will be Ron; if anyone saves him, it will be Hermione.

I can't imagine the twins being saved by him, they're way to smart, they'll talk their way out of it or use one of their inventions.

I do think it could be Percy, because then he would make up with the Weasley's and everything would be fine and dandy... but personnally, I think that he wouldn't like to be in debt to Harry, because he's so independant, so he'll prove he didn't need to be saved and become a DE...

It could also be Charlie, because he hasn't really been in that much danger in the series yet (not coubting taming dragons), so it's definately a possibility...

Alas, I do have a suspicion that Molly will die. It's just a gut feeling but I believe that it is entirely likely... (also, one of the Weasley's HAS to die; I just hope that it's not Ginny, Ron or the twins...!)

You know, I know this good psychologist; if you don't kill him the minute you see him, he might be able to give you some very valuable insights...

What would you say to Voldemort if he threatened to kill you?

E-mail me to let me know!!!
Old February 14th, 2007, 2:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
I think there is a thread about this, Im not sure. The theory/rumour most probably originates from a comment JKR made in the interview on the PoA Dvd. She said she kind of got goosebumps when she saw something included in the movie, which was not in the PoA-book, that foreshadows something that happens in a later book. I personally have no idea what this could be and she could have referred to something in GoF, OotP or HBP. But there is this scene when Lupin transforms into the werewolf and Snape jumps infront of the trio to protect them.

Whatever Snape turns out to be, and however it happens, I think he will die. I forgot him on my original list on the first page here. But I think, Snape will die.

I'm pretty sure she was referring to the scene in the movie PoA when Hermione grabs Ron's wrist in fright then quickly lets go in embarrassment when Hagrid first brings out the hippogriff. In the book PoA, she makes no such storyline -- yet. The "later book" as we now know was HBP.

I know this doesn't go with this thread, but since it was brought up here, I thought I'd help clarify it here.

Old February 14th, 2007, 3:39 am
Second Year

That still doesn't rule out the possibility that Snape will die because he turns good at the end (you know he will!!!!!) and saves Harry from an AK curse.I personally think that it is a high probability.

Old February 14th, 2007, 3:46 am
First Year

I've always thought it would be Harry and Ginny. I think in a way that Harry has to die. Without his death JKR will be begged for the rest of her life to write more books about him.

Old February 14th, 2007, 4:20 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglo View Post
I've always thought it would be Harry and Ginny. I think in a way that Harry has to die. Without his death JKR will be begged for the rest of her life to write more books about him.
i'm sure she'll manage. hopefully her plot wont be affected by this!

i'm a big fan of either snape or wormtail dying to save harry, if not both!

Old February 14th, 2007, 4:38 am
Second Year

JKR has said that killing off Harry would be one way to stop the nagging and begging from avid readers like ourselves to write more HP books. But I would be disappointed if Harry died, because with LV dead, the wizarding world needs someone to lead them into a brighter future, and no-one could do that better than Harry.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies