Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Old July 10th, 2007, 6:40 pm
First Year

Re: Book Seven: Who Will Live and Who Will Die? v4

Wow i never thought of Hedwig.
But now that i think of it that seems highly likely.
But im trying to figure out how that would really tie in.
But MAYBE Hagrid will die.
Because i know my little brother loves him
So maybe thats the person that will die and upset young children?

OH and btw i hope snape is one of the to die.
He killed Dumbledore.
He deserves death or some sort of pain.

Old July 10th, 2007, 8:43 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdrilLuthien View Post
JKR said in an early interview (before book 6) that she wasn't going to kill off the trio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenphoenix View Post
But we know she's changed her mind since then. I'm preparing for the worst .
No, she said that she finished the series according to her original plan. And she said before she became famous that none of the trio dies.

Old July 10th, 2007, 9:22 pm
First Year

She can't kill off Hedwig! Though I do wonder where the owl will go without Hogwarts.

Old July 10th, 2007, 9:33 pm
Second Year

I remember reading that J.k. Rowling siad that "it's not a blood bath, but it's more then 2". Is this true?

If so, then at least 3 characters are doomed, and i'm almost certain one of them is Voldemort.He's to evil to live.

Deaths that i think Might happen

Lord Voldemort
Draco Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy
Percy Weasley
Victor Krum
Severus Snape
Cornilius Fudge
Harry Potter
Hagrid
Remus Lupin

I don't think all of them will die, but i think their the most likely.But if Fudge dose die, it will just be mentioned like,in HBP with Ameline Bones.

Harry: What is it Sir?

Dumbledore: You must let Ginny tie your shoelaces.
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:27 pm
Second Year

In Sorcerer's Stone, when Harry was just sorted, Fred and George are singing the Hogwarts school song to a slow funeral march. Hopefully this isn't forshadowing a Weasley death.

Proud Ravenclaw
Old July 11th, 2007, 1:48 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristali View Post
No, she said that she finished the series according to her original plan. And she said before she became famous that none of the trio dies.
No, she said that two characters who weren't originally going to die are now dead. So even if she did say at one point that the trio would live, (which may not have even happened seeing as there's no actual record of the quote), she could have changed her mind.

Last edited by greenphoenix; July 11th, 2007 at 1:51 am.
Old July 11th, 2007, 4:16 am
Sixth Year

Dies?

Bad guys: Voldemort, Pettigrew, Bellatrix, other DE's.

Good guys?

Minerva (very early), Molly or Arthur, Hagrid (very late), and a couple members of the Order. Maybe a couple of the D.A. Colin or Dennis?

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!
Old July 11th, 2007, 5:49 am
First Year

I really want the trio and Ginny to live. I would be more able to accept anyone else getting killed but there are some I wouldn't want to die.

Die (Bad Guys):
Voldything
Bellatrix
Fenrir
Lucius
Assorted DEs

Dies (Good Guys):
Hagrid
Charlie Weasley
One/Two of the DA (a minor member)
Lupin (hope not)
Molly Weasley (hope not)
Fred and/or George (Really Really hope not)
Snape
Percy <-- he only gets nice right before he dies

Dies (wishywashy slime):
Peter Pettigrew

Wow, I didn't realize I had so many more good people dieing.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
- Albert Einstein

Last edited by Arcturus; July 11th, 2007 at 5:55 am. Reason: added another
Old July 11th, 2007, 6:42 am
First Year

I have this sinking feeling that Harry will sacrifice himself in the line of fire in order to kill Voldemort, which could be aided by the fact that he might be a Horcrux (if you choose to believe that). I'm going to be devastated, but I can't help thinking that it will probably happen, especially after all of the quotes JKR has given thus far.
I also think that all of the Marauders still living will be killed off, as a final tribute of some sort.
Hermione and Ron better not be killed off. I have invested way too much thought and hope in their romantic involvement for that to happen. So it's no longer a possibility.
Voldemort will die, or else this will turn out to be quite the sadistic series. I think Snape will die, even though I really enjoy his complicated character and wish that he won't.
And my heart breaks as I write this, but I'm pretty sure some Weasleys will snuff it. I love me some Weasleys, but it's the kind of heart-smashing moment that will make this last installment an emotional whopper.
I'm so nervous for Deathly Hallows!! >bites nails<

Old July 11th, 2007, 10:46 am
Fifth Year

Voldemort, Bellatrix, Percy, Fudge, Lucius

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:47 am
Third Year

The Trio: It is likely that some of the trio will die, if not all three. If one of them dies, it will be either Harry or Ron, both of which would make a self sacrifice. If two of them die it will be Harry and Ron, Hermione would survive. If all three die, well duh, it is all three. I think all three dying is least likely because I personally believe that Hermione is a survivor. Reason 1: She is too smart to get into something rash and stupid that Harry or Ron would. Reason 2: She is the one that could fare the best without the other two. I know this sounds harsh, but Hermione doesn't need them as much as they need her.

The Order: Will definatley suffer some serious losses. I used to be on the "Remus will die bandwagon" but after HBP, I jumped off, due to Tonks. They will both most likely live, Remus, like Hermione is a survivor type. Mad-Eye however, will probably die. I know it sounds crazy, but look back at the OotP battle, he isnt' as good as he was in the first war and he isnt' exactly mentally stable. He was easily captured by low ranking death eaters. I fear for Hagrid as well..

The Weasleys: The numbers are against them. There are nine total Weasleys and they are not all going to survive. Bill, and Arthur are pretty safe due to the fact that they have already been attacked. Percy will probably realize he was wrong, but it will be too late - for him. Ginny will probably live, but knowing JKR there is no way to know for sure. Charlie hasn't been around too much so I don't know with him. See the Trio section for Ron. If JKR really wants to shock people - she'll kill the twins. Molly could go either way.

The Baddies: Will all get what is coming to them. However, I don't believe they will all have to die to do that. Bellatrix, Lucius, Umbridge, Fenrir, Peter, and of course Voldemort are all dead, and all desereve it. Draco isn't truly evil so I don't think he'll die, but he won't be 'cool' anymore. I kinda think it would be interesting if Fenrir bit him...he does deserve some kind of punnishment, but not Death. It doesn't matter if Snape is good or evil, he is dying anyway, either it will be his punnishment - or he will be a sacrifice to the greater good.

Others:
I didn't know where to put Luna and Neville. Luna'll survive and start working for the Quibbler, which will become much more reputable. Neville will surprise everyone by taking on Bellatrix. Bellatrix will underestimate him and lose. Neville will go on to teach Herbology at hogwarts.

Me and a good friend of mine have been working on a story: to read and review go here: http://miutwilightmizuki.tripod.com ~Thanks
Old July 11th, 2007, 7:23 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenphoenix View Post
No, she said that two characters who weren't originally going to die are now dead. So even if she did say at one point that the trio would live, (which may not have even happened seeing as there's no actual record of the quote), she could have changed her mind.
JKR said that on the Richard & Judy Show last year and was asked about this quote recently in the Jonathan Ross show. And she confirmed it and said it were more than two that die. It has to be since it would have been at least one death she planned from the beginning and then the additional two ones. JKR even made a little joke about it and first said it was going to be a bloodbath, laughed and then corrected herself and said that it wasn´t. I think that bodes well for our trio. Would she make such jokes in jest if one of her beloved major character died? *hopes*

Anyway, I don´t hink the two deaths she hasn´t initally planned are from the trio. The trio´s fates would not have changed just so while writing the last book, IMO. They are major characters whose deaths would require major changes in the epilouge and she said she made only slight changes.

I have no idea who these characters could be, but I still believe Lupin got the reprieve.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu

Last edited by ronjalina; July 11th, 2007 at 7:32 pm.
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:56 pm
First Year

I don't think any of the trio will die, which I'm not too pleased about- not because I'm evil or anything! lol I'd be REALLY sad if any of them did die, Id cry soo much. But I want the book to be realistic, and I think for that one of the trio has to die. I'd like to see Harry or Ron die, but I don't think it's going to happen. I was sure for a while that one of them would but then I heard JKR say something in an interview and it made me sure that all of the trio would survive...shame I can't remember what it was she said that made me so sure.
I also think that Neville(who'll go on to teach at Hogwart's =]), McGonagall, Draco, Mrs Weasley and Luna will survive.
I think Bellatrix, Lucius, Pettigrew, Snape, Moody, Kreacher, Mundungus and perhaps Fred & George will die. I'm also really scared that Hagrid and Dobby will die =[ And I'm not exactly sure why but I have this feeling that maybe Ginny will as well...not too sure about that though. I was worried about Lupin too...but like a lot of people I think he might be the one who got the reprieve.
Voldemort...I don't know if he'll die or not. I just keep thinking about Dumbledore saying 'there are things far worse than death.' I'd like Voldemort to learn that. But I don't see how the series could end properly if he didn't die. And his worse fear is death, and I think he deserves nothing less than his worse fear.
I'm not sure about Tonks and most of the Weasleys.

Old July 12th, 2007, 1:27 am
Second Year

I think Hagrid is going to die. I dont think the trio will die. I can't imagine JK killing off Ron and leaving Hermione or vice versa. Its possible Harry will die even though I dont want him to.
It would be great if they went through the whole book and no body died but that is not going to happen *sobs*.
Maybe the deaths will be of minor characters.
But then again JK probably wouldnt talk about it so firmly if they were background characters.
I think Bella will die as well.

Lord Montymort
Old July 12th, 2007, 2:01 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange magic View Post
The Trio: It is likely that some of the trio will die, if not all three. If one of them dies, it will be either Harry or Ron, both of which would make a self sacrifice. If two of them die it will be Harry and Ron, Hermione would survive. If all three die, well duh, it is all three. I think all three dying is least likely because I personally believe that Hermione is a survivor. Reason 1: She is too smart to get into something rash and stupid that Harry or Ron would. Reason 2: She is the one that could fare the best without the other two. I know this sounds harsh, but Hermione doesn't need them as much as they need her.
I aggree with alot of what you said on the order and weasleys and baddys I dissagree about Hermione. She needs them she always has if it weren't for them she'd have spent the last 6 years in the library. She is one of the first hurt in the baddle at the ministry and has one of the worst injurys Hermione is bright but in battle that can only take you so far. She needs Harry and Ron as much as they need her she could go on with out them have a verry succsesfull career but she would be misserible.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies