Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

guads shorties - Beastly Bits

Old February 14th, 2007, 10:35 pm
Mrs Grawp

guads shorties - Beastly Bits

Initial ExplanationThis is not going to be one story with several chapters, but several independent very short bits of fanfiction, with different topics and different genre.

Some of them will be drabbles and some longer. The drabbles have exactly 100 Words and the topic is generally around magical non human and part human beings/creatures.

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or the world, they belong to JK Rowling, it's only for my personal entertainment.

Also a big THANK YOU to the amazing Moriath, who helped with the english and redaction and showed me in the first place the 100 word story genre.

Feedback is here.

EDIT October 21st. In the light of the reviewed rules, I'll post here some short stories with same gender pairing. This can or not mean that they're homosexual. In fact I tried to handle this topic as something normal, everyday topic, so the gender is basically a side thing, and the concept of openmindness (meaning that all can be potentially attracted to all) is there too.

Title: n/a
Timeline: Five years before the Marauders enter Hogwarts
Genre: Drama

The brunette man looked at the other man with disgust and fear, pointing at him with a wand. "If you had any decency left you would kill yourself! We don't need dirty werewolves here!" The other man opened his mouth to reply but got interrupted by the arrival of a little boy. "Get back into the house, Remus. NOW!" the armed man shouted, agitated. But the small boy only stood behind his father, looking innocently at the scene. A cruel smile appeared on Greyback's face as he eyed the boy predatorily. "I will come back, Lupin," he said. "I promise."

Feedback here

guads random creative moments: Fanart and Fanfiction

Support the True Heroes! Joins Squiddies Army!

BAS DÖSE! More META L than EVER!

Last edited by guad; October 21st, 2007 at 6:31 pm. Reason: Dumbledore is gay! :D
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:39 pm
Mrs Grawp

Re: Short stories

Title: A french - bulgarian encounter
Timeline: Some 60-90 years ago
Genre: Romance

Never before had her dance failed to seduce a man. Never before that day. The Veela looked incredulously at the man who simply smiled at her without showing any sign of falling for her charm. Angrily, she did not know whether to continue dancing or attack him with her fire or simply leave. But something about his smile confused her, troubling her deeply like nothing before. Instead of leaving she made a step towards the man. "Who are you?" she asked, her melodious voice trembling slightly. He looked directly into her eyes. "My name is Maurice Delacour" he answered calmly.

Feedback here

Last edited by guad; February 16th, 2007 at 3:04 pm.
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:42 pm
Mrs Grawp

Timeline: Post HBP

The House-elves stared blanky at Winky's dead body. The Death Eater attack had left them in a state of shock. All they believed in - security and rules - was falling apart."I told you", said Dobby in a low voice, "if we don't fight now, there won't be any decent families left to serve. He pointed at the hats he had collected in the Gryffindor common room. "It's time to decide what's really important."
For a long time none of the elves replied. Then one of them approached the hats and said "Yes, maybe it's time to make a choice."

Feedback here

Last edited by guad; February 16th, 2007 at 3:04 pm.
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:43 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: Dumbledore meets Grawp
Timeline: between OotP and HBP
Genre: General

"Grawpy, no! NO!" Hagrid shouted, with exasperation in his voice. "I told yeh not to throw trees at people. Just put it down again!" Grawp looked confused, holding the big branch of an oak in his right hand. "Professor Dumbledore, sir, I'm sorry, he's a little tense, yeh know? The centaurs haven't left him alone the last days."
Dumbledore looked at the two brothers with an amused sparkle in his eyes. "Don't worry Hagrid, I understand perfectly. But now I wish to show your brother the cave I've found for him. I am sure he will find it very pleasant."

Feedback here

Last edited by guad; February 16th, 2007 at 3:05 pm.
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:46 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: How the Hero saves the day
Timeline: end of DH
Genre: Comedy/Parody/Romance

The final battle. Death Eaters everywhere. Things were bad for the Order.
But something was on its way. Something that could save them all.
From the depths of the lake it rose, stretching its tentacles menacing. Panic fell among the Death Eaters. "Oh no, it's IT! The Mighty Squid!" But too late, with a powerful swing of his tentacles it crushed the Death Eaters.
"Thank you, without you we were lost", Harry said. It looked at him and replied in a booming voice: "I will always be there to fight evil. So I promised your wonderful mother, my true love."

Feedback here

Old February 14th, 2007, 10:47 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: A marital row
Timeline: sometime between Hagrid becoming gamekeeper and OotP
Genre: Comedy/Parody/Romance

"I am tired! I am really really tired of you and I don't know how much longer I will stand this!"
"Oh darling, I am sorry! I promise, I will change"
"You've said this so many times. We have more than hundred children and you never ever help me. I do everything- taking care of the kids, the eggs, cleaning the webs- and all you do is running around with your friend Hagrid, talking, instead of bringing him here for dinner!" With these words Mosag turned around and left the web, fuming. Aragog sighed and followed her.

Feedback here

Old February 16th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Mrs Grawp

Re: Beastly Bits

Title: Minister Granger (1)
Timeline: In the future
Genre: General

“So what does the Prophet say today?” Harry asked his wife during breakfast.
“Hermione is making headlines again.” Ginny laughed. “It says: The Minister of Magic, Hermione Granger, has again provoqued an uproar among the conservative wing of the Wizengamot by promoting Bodrig the Boss-Eyed, former Spokesgoblin of the activist group “Brotherhood of Goblins”, to the position of Head of the Goblin Liason Office.”
Harry laughed. “And I thought she was happy after creating the Department of Sustainable Freedom for Elves. Though it’s a good idea. I bet Ron isn’t thrilled.”
Ginny snorted. “As if he dares to say anything.”

Feedback here

Old February 19th, 2007, 9:13 am
Mrs Grawp

Title: Grawp on an important mission
Genre: General, Comedy

"And don't forget, Grawpy, it's VERY important that you protect this item with your life!" Hermione looked seriously at the Giant. Grawp nodded, a determined look on his face, and folded his muscular arms, ready to knock anyone out who would dare to put his hands on the package behind him.
---
"Hermione, are you really sure that it will be safe?" Ron asked anxiously. "I am sure, dear," Hermione answered, smiling. "I trust Grawp. He is strong and extremely loyal, and what's most important, he doesn't like chocolate. That's why he's the best one to guard our wedding cake."

Feedback here

Old June 11th, 2007, 6:26 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: Minister Granger (2)
Genre: Comedy, General

“This is so embarrassing,” Hermione told Harry. “After all, it was me who said that she was crazy to believe in their existence all these years.”
“Don’t worry,” Harry grinned, “it’s a sign of wisdom to concede that one is wrong.”
“Not only do they exist but they’ve discovered that they can provide an antidote to the Imperius Curse.”
“Minister? Minister Granger, we have to start,” the Ceremonial Master interrupted. Hermione stepped forwards, sighing.
“And now, I am very pleased to give the Order of Merlin First Class to Luna Lovegood, for the revolutionary discovery of the Crumpled Horned Snorkacks”.

Feedback here

Last edited by guad; June 11th, 2007 at 6:30 pm.
Old June 11th, 2007, 6:27 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: A narrow escape
Timeline: beginning of PS
Genre: Action *lol*

Harald was terrified. He knew he had only one chance to survive. “I must be quick! I must escape!” he thought, waiting for his opportunity. All his brothers had died a painful death. None of them had received mercy. “Only one chance!”

And there it was! He used the second of hesitation his predator showed to make the move that would save his life! “Freedom!!!” With a spectacular leap he reached the window and disappeared in the glorious sunset.

“Pity. They only have one good jump in their life,” Ron told Harry, while they were unwrapping the remaining chocolate frogs.

Feedback here

Last edited by guad; June 11th, 2007 at 8:34 pm.
Old June 16th, 2007, 5:35 pm
Mrs Grawp

Original idea for that is by capella_black

Title: How a friendship ends
Time: 1000 years ago

“I can’t believe it’s over,” the man said, frustrated. Rowena put her hand on his shoulder in a consoling gesture. “It’s not your fault, Godric. We would never have reached an agreement.”
“By Merlin’s beard, we were friends! All this only because of his stupid idea that purebloods are better!”
Both stood silently as Salazar walked out of Hogwarts. Suddenly he stopped and looked back, right up to the window, and with a malicious gleam in his eyes he whispered, “Oh, you’ll remember me. I promise.”

Far down under the lake, unnoticed by them, a faint hissing started to grow.

Feedback here

Old June 20th, 2007, 9:19 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: Collateral Damage
Timeline: First Voldemort War

They hadn’t even bothered to conjure the Dark Mark. “Not important enough. Not human enough.” Ragnok didn’t know how long he had been standing in front of the ruins. Only a few metallic objects reminded him of what has been his home. A few objects, and the corpses of his family, killed in a senseless act of cruelty, in a war that wasn’t even his. “They were wandless. Defenceless.”

At the same time, in the Goblin Liaison Office, Mockridge told Cresswell: “Apparently there has been a killing or something in Nottingham. Go and have a look, I’m quite busy now.”

Feedback here

Old June 20th, 2007, 9:20 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: Consequences
Timeline: during DH
Genre: general

Harry, Ron and Hermione had breakfast at the Burrow, while Mrs Weasley was listening to her favourite radio programme.
“And we interrupt our musical hour with Celestina Warbeck for some breaking news from London! Gringotts has been closed! The Spokesgoblin for Gringotts, Ragnok, declared that they would maintain closed all access to Wizarding accounts until the Ministry of Magic allows the Goblins to carry wands.” Hermione looked up, thoughtful. “See what happens? Dumbledore has warned us over and over again but the Ministry was blind and ignorant. It wouldn’t surprise me if this was the beginning of another Goblin rebellion.”

Feedback here

Old June 20th, 2007, 9:21 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: It’s all about the socks
Timeline: During DH
Genre: Comedy

“Harry Potter, sir, Dobby has figured it out!” The elf ran excitedly to Harry, who jumped onto his feet immediately. “Dobby, that’s great! I thought we’d never figure out how to find that Horcrux map!” Ron looked sceptical. “Yeah, sure. A house-elf is quicker than us at deciphering Dumbledore’s message.”

“Ron Weasley doesn’t need to worry.” Dobby fumbled for something. “The secret was hidden in the knitting pattern Professor Dumbledore left in his office.” Harry and Ron looked dumbfounded at the huge, brightly coloured sock which clearly showed a map. “Now Harry Potter will destroy the Horcruxes,” Dobby said cheerfully.

Feedback here

Old August 1st, 2007, 11:51 am
Mrs Grawp

Re: guads shorties

Title: In St Mungos
Timeline: Shortly after the War

"I've got really good news today. Voldemort's gone. Harry defeated him a few days ago at Hogwarts. Remember that I told you that we were friends?" The young man was sitting on a chair between two beds, on which the inert figures of a man and a woman lay.

"It was really amazing. There was a huge battle and we all thought he was dead, and then he was alive and just did it!" Neville took a tissue and dabbed off a bit of saliva that was trickling out of Frank Longbottom's half-open mouth.

"Gran's really pleased. She's boasting to everybody that I stood up to Voldemort and killed his snake with Gryffindor's sword. I don't really know how it happened though." With a thoughtful look Neville sat back and, absent-mindedly, stroked Trevor, who let out a soft croak.

"She's telling me that I must become an Auror. But I don't think I'd like that. Do you think I'd make a good Auror?" He looked at his mother, who was staring blankly at the wall.

"I think I'd rather do something with plants. Got a really nice note from Professor Sprout saying that as soon as she retires, she would recommend me for the Herbology post." Neville stood up and went to the window, where a huge flowerpot with a beautiful red plant stood on the sill.

"By the way, do you like the plant I brought you? It's really rare. Don't forget that it needs watering twice a week." Carefully, he took the plant and placed it a bit closer to the two beds. Alice let out a noise and held out her hand insistently. Neville took the bubble gum wrapper his mother wanted him to have, folded it carefully and put it in his pocket.

"Thanks mum."

With a sad smile he sat back on the chair.

All was well.
Almost all.

Feedback here

Last edited by guad; August 1st, 2007 at 11:54 am.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:55 am
Mrs Grawp

Re: guads shorties

Timeline: a few years after DH
Genre: Drama/General

“Maman, regarde!” The little girl pointed excitedly at something in the garden. “What are they doing here?”
Her mother smiled. “Come, Victoire, I will show you.”
She took her daughter by the hand and they walked in the garden. Elves, wearing pillowcases, others dressed in proper clothes, had Apparated everywhere.
“They have been coming for years. Always on the same day,” Fleur explained. “First only a few but gradually more and more.”
Silently they followed the elves who left their tributes - a sock, a woollen hat or just a flower - on a white, wind washed stone which said “Here lies Dobby, a free elf”.

Feedback here

Old September 14th, 2007, 8:46 am
Mrs Grawp

Re: guads shorties - Beastly Bits

Title: The New Champion
Timeline: Sometime between 1940-1950
Genre: General. This was done for a contest at Lifejournal, topic was hubris

"Welcome to the National Duelling Championship! Tonight the unbeaten champion Druella Rosier will defend her title against a new aspirant!"

Rosier laughed as she saw her opponent. "Too small to be hit, eh?" The young wizard was indeed rather short and looked everything but impressive.

"You'd better be ready to patch him up," Rosier shouted at the Mediwizards.

Rosier’s challenger didn’t grace her with a reply.

“Go!” the referee shouted.

A flash of blue light and Bang! Rosier was lying on her back, wandless, while a row of cheers erupted among the spectators.

"And the new Champion is.... Filius Flitwick!!!"

Feedback here

Last edited by guad; September 14th, 2007 at 11:16 am.
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:29 am
Mrs Grawp

Title: Hedwigs last flight
Timeline: During the Seven Potters, Deathly Hallows

Soon she would be flying again. She knew that he’ll let her out soon; he always did after leaving that house. The journey was not as usual though, not because of all the people looking like Harry – these human tricks couldn’t fool her - but the bangs and the uncomfortable shaking on the strange flying case were making her nervous.

A particularly bright green light forced her to shut her eyes.

‘No – HEDWIG!”

She looked at him and at the cage where she was lying, motionless, and understood. ‘Goodbye Harry’ she thought.

And she spread her wings and flew.

Away.

Feedback here

Old October 13th, 2007, 5:19 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: Dobby's decision
Word Count: 651
Beta: Moriath
Timeline: During DH

Today was Dobby’s day off. He was glad that he had the chance to get away from the castle. Hogwarts wasn’t the same anymore since Professor Dumbledore had died.

Dobby had often considered to simply leave it all behind. After all, he was free, a free elf who could serve whom he pleased. But then he saw how Harry Potter's friends were being tortured, saw how they didn’t lose faith, and he felt that his place was there, at their side, waiting for Harry Potter to return and to assist his friends as best as he could.

The past month had been particularly bad. Dobby and Winky were the only elves who were not bound by the magic that enslaved the elves to the masters of Hogwarts but, unfortunately, this didn’t apply to the other house-elves. Usually, the new masters left them alone – sure enough, elves were considered scum and not worthy of any particular attention – but sometimes, when something displeased them they would punish the house-elves for it.

A week ago the dinner had not been after Alecto Carrow's fancy. Dobby shuddered at the thought of it. Infuriated, Alecto had summoned the elves and ordered one of them to jump into the lake as a punishment.

Regrettably, elves could not swim.

The other elves had been terrified for days, and it was Dobby who had to recover the lifeless body from the lake; it was Dobby who had dug a small grave at the edge of the forest.

Dobby sighed and put on his hat, ready to go to Hogsmeade.

His occasional trips to the village ranked among his happiest moments. He would visit Aberforth Dumbledore, Professor Dumbledore's brother, who was a very decent person for a human and treated him as an equal.

With a crack he Apparated outside the Hog's Head and timidly opened the door.

“Come in, nobody's here!” Aberforth's rough voice sounded from the inside. Dobby stepped into the bar. “Ruddy Death-Eaters are ruining my business,” Aberforth grumbled. “But it's good to see you, Dobby. What’s new in the castle?”

Dobby sat on a chair. “Nothing, sir, nothing new. Neville Longbottom has been punished again.” Dobby sighed. “This time they cut his face.”

Aberforth looked concerned. “Is he OK?”

“Yes, sir. As usual, sir. Dobby managed to steal some Essence of Dittany from Professor Slughorn,” Dobby said looking a bit guilty, “and Dobby brought it to him.”

“Well done, Dobby. Don’t worry about Slughorn, he won’t miss it, as long as it’s not his crystallized pineapples,” Aberforth said, smirking. While he was serving himself and Dobby a butterbeer, Dobby noticed that he was staring at a small mirror that suddenly seemed to change colour. Aberforth looked concerned. “Wait a moment,” he said.

He took the mirror and went to the back of the bar. After a moment he came back, looking very serious. “Dobby, do you still want to help the Potter boy?”

Dobby stood up, excited. “Yes, sir!” Aberforth eyed him sternly now. “He’s in trouble.” His blue eyes looked straight into Dobby's. “He’s a prisoner.”

“Just tell me what to do, sir!” Dobby squeaked. “Dobby will help Harry Potter, oh yes!”

“He’s in the dungeons of Malfoy Manor.”

Terror replaced Dobby's excited expression. With wide, fearful eyes he looked at Aberforth. “Dobby's old masters' house?” he whispered.

Aberforth nodded. “Can you get inside?”

Dobby was shaking now. After a few seconds he nodded. “Yes, sir”, he said with a barely audible whisper. Aberforth looked at him with an unreadable expression on his face. “You know you-," he began but Dobby interrupted him

“Dobby will save Harry Potter,” he said with a terrified but determined look on his face. He stood up, ready to Disapparate.

“Dobby," Aberforth said.

“Yes sir?”

Aberforth took a long moment and his blue eyes bore into the elf's, piercing and worried at the same time.

“Be careful,” he finally said.
--------------------

And a while ago I made a fanart piece that sort of fits as an illustration in that story

Feedback here

Old October 21st, 2007, 6:32 pm
Mrs Grawp

Title: First time chat
Timeline: Between HBP and DH
Genre: General/Romance
Pairings: Tonks/Remus, implied Remus/Sirius and Tonks/random female HP character

Tonks lay on the sofa, her head on Remus' legs, while he was playing with her pink hair.

"Harry broke up with Ginny," Tonks said sadly. "She told me, she was really upset."

"It's probably the best," Remus replied seriously. "She would only be in danger."

"But still," said Tonks. "It's sad. And like they say, the first love is the one that hurts the most."

At her words Remus nodded and his look became somewhat distant.

Tonks looked at him curiously. "How do you remember your first love?" she asked.

Remus blushed slightly. "I won't tell you. You'd only laugh at me."

Tonks sat up, grinning now. "C'mon tell me! I promise I won't laugh!"

Remus looked sceptical. "Yeah sure. Because you don't like to tease me, do you?"
Tonks started tickling him and Remus burst out laughing. "Tell me!" she cried.

Remus resigned, still breathless. "OK, OK," he sighed. "It was in fifth year. We had been friends for ages and, well, one night after a Gryffindor party we stayed in the common room and, er, well, one thing just led to the other and - "

"Do I know that person?"

Remus looked a bit embarassed now. "Yes."

"So?" inquired Tonks.

"Well, it was Sirius."

When Tonks roared with laughter, Remus looked rather offended. "I knew you would laugh. What's so funny about this anyway?"

"Ohh just," Tonks giggled, "it all stays in the family, doesn't it?"

"I promise that was not my intention." said Remus pointedly. "And it was serious actually, at least for me." His look became darker.

Tonks stopped laughing and took his hand. "What happened?"

Remus shrugged, "The war, I guess. Things fell apart...and so did we." He shook his shoulders, as if to throw off bad memories.

"Anyway, now you know my story. What about you?" he asked, reaching for his glass of wine.

Tonks grinned. "Well, as you know I have a unusual taste." She pinched his nose playfully. "And Hufflepuffs are open minded, so, well, I went for Slytherin."

Remus grinned back. "Someone I know?"

"Oh, probably". Tonks's grin widened. "Caroline Scrimgeour."
Remus sputtered and wine sprayed everywhere. "Rufus Scrimgeours niece?!"

"Yes," Tonks laughed. "I always wondered what would be worse, Scrimgeour finding out that I am in the Order or him realising that I slept with his niece." She sipped from Remus' glass. "She was cool though, much more than him. Slytherin Chaser and pretty good. That's how it started actually, after a match she came to see me because she was mad at me. I had cast a bludger at her and well - she got her revenge," Tonks chuckled. "Good times."

Remus looked at her. Never before had he realised how much he loved her. She had so much life in her, so much hope. She was so much like Sirius, so unlike himself. There was so little he could give her.

Tonks didn't notice his change of mood. "Weirdos, aren't we? Good we found each other." She smiled but Remus didn't smile back.

"Yes, weirdos." he said. "Outcasts," he thought.

Remus loves Feedback

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts