Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

'There will be still much to discuss after Deathly Hallows....'

Old June 6th, 2007, 7:44 pm
Master Seer

Re: 'There will be still much to discuss after Deathly Hallows....'

I believe it will be the ambiguities that one can discuss until the end of time. Just as an example -

If Draco was dying while attempting a good deed, you could go on forever discussing if he had done that because of a change of heart (caused by the realisation what he had got himself into) or if he had acted out of self-preservation this trying to get back on the goodies' side.

We will read about the past of characters like Lily, and since the book IS decidedly much shorter than OotP and has got a lot of actual plotpoints to deal with, there won't be so much time to dwell on her personality, and many other things.

And also, I believe that JKR wanted to calm her readers' worries by her remark.

Old June 6th, 2007, 9:16 pm
First Year

Here is an interesting quote from Rowling... i found it here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/3004594.stm)

JEREMY PAXMAN: Are you going to have a lot of loose ends to tie up in 7?

JK ROWLING: Oh god, I hope not. I'm aiming to tie it all up neatly in a nice big knot... that's it , good night.

Old June 6th, 2007, 10:08 pm
First Year

I hope that everything major is done and dusted and all tied up nicely.

But it would be nice to have some small things about small characters that we could all wonder about for decades untill JKR has them insribed on her tombstone and we all marvel at how clever it all is.

Old June 6th, 2007, 10:19 pm
First Year

i hope that Ron dies, he's become really annoying >=[, not taking anything away from the prefect

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Don't Make Barney hurt you because he will,
yes he will
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:44 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHufflepuff View Post
Do you think there are some things that just won't be resolved?
I think JKR's statement means precisely this. Not every plotline or "little question" can be answered. I think a lot of the small questions not answered in DH may be answered in the HP encyclopedia, though.

There's also interpretation, discussion of whether certain actions were justifiable, etc, etc. There will almost certainly be plot elements which turn out to be MacGuffins.

Old June 6th, 2007, 11:47 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKasparRollins View Post
I think JKR's statement means precisely this. Not every plotline or "little question" can be answered. I think a lot of the small questions not answered in DH may be answered in the HP encyclopedia, though.

There's also interpretation, discussion of whether certain actions were justifiable, etc, etc. There will almost certainly be plot elements which turn out to be MacGuffins.
I agree. If JKR answered every little thing, the book would probably be way too long!

Old July 11th, 2007, 10:46 pm
Third Year

It's possible that characters will react differently in the finale. Perhaps one of those who fought in the castle will beg for his/her life or that of a family member and so risk betraying Harry.

The other theme is redemption. Can Snape redeem himself? Can Wormtail? In LOTR we saw that Smeagol/Gollum had some good brought out of him, but gave in to temptation in the end. This turned out to be necessary for victory since he took the ring into the fire. Likewise Frodo gave Saruman and Wormtongue the possibility of redemption right up to their deaths.

Finally, how will the survivors handle death? Perhaps if they survive, Ron and Hermione break up rather than come together over Harry's death due to guilt or blame or something.

Last edited by NoNEWTS; July 11th, 2007 at 10:48 pm.
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:27 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

All you have to do is look at the title of some threads to know that there are tons of little ticky details that won't be resolved.

Sometimes dreams do come true
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:30 pm
Second Year

I think that us as fan's will never have all our questions answered. I reckon that JKR will answer the most important ones but there are gonna be things she can't directly answer. I think after Deathly Hallows we are all going to talk about every inch of it. However it will all come to end i reckon in years to come.

Old July 12th, 2007, 1:30 am
Sixth Year

We will analyze characters and the reasons behind their actions, especially if it is someone who changed sides. We will discuss any new spells, characters, etc. introduced. We will have some loose ends to speculate about.

I am sure there will be a lot. But the thing is we don't want it to end.

Old July 12th, 2007, 6:43 am
Fifth Year

I am very sad that after this is over, we will only be able to speculate on loose ends rather than guess on what is yet to come. It's really a sad thing that this is all coming to an end, but we can still have our speculations.

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 12th, 2007, 7:03 am
First Year

until now, we all read and re read and discuss and speculate and refuse to beleive because we are still looking for clues to the ending...

i guess once the ending comes out, and there is no more room for speculation.....what is done is done and no more looking for clues, we will only have the open questions to think about....

like someone said earlier, we refuse to beleive some things in the books until now because JKR does tease us...we know there is more to come and things arent always what they seem...but once the end is there, how can we refuse to believe at that point ??

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies