Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Ron and Hermione - Where to from here? v6

Old March 10th, 2007, 7:41 pm
First Year

Re: Ron and Hermione - Where to from here? v6

I too am looking forward to this. It has been way too long... I was very excited when I read HBP and found out that they are so close now. I am hoping that Ron will tell Molly and Arthur during the wedding... I think that would make it so much better....

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2007, 7:53 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie_gryf
I don't think that the Dursley's house is likely. And that is where the Trio is going, so I suspect that it needs to happen before then. Mrs. Weasley isn't going to be too happy knowing that Ron is going to the Dursley's, so maybe he can soften her up telling her that him and Hermione are an item? Since we know that she adores her.
I don't know about that. Mrs. Weasley is waaaaay protective, and I've never seen any sign of Mrs. Weasley adoring her. Mrs. Weasley doesn't mind her now, but when she find out that Ron and Hermione are an item she may not like Hermione so much anymore. I'm thinking that even if she is okay with Ron and Hermione being together, she wouldn't want them being in the same house together without her very close supervision, if you know what I mean. lol!

I have the feeling that she'll get over it eventually, she'll just be super protective after she first finds out about them being an item.

Lord of the Rings fan with a weird sense of humor? Read my fanfic!
Old March 10th, 2007, 8:05 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoesrock View Post
I don't know about that. Mrs. Weasley is waaaaay protective, and I've never seen any sign of Mrs. Weasley adoring her. Mrs. Weasley doesn't mind her now, but when she find out that Ron and Hermione are an item she may not like Hermione so much anymore. I'm thinking that even if she is okay with Ron and Hermione being together, she wouldn't want them being in the same house together without her very close supervision, if you know what I mean. lol!

I have the feeling that she'll get over it eventually, she'll just be super protective after she first finds out about them being an item.
I've been wondered about that myself, glad that you reminded me. For now, the opinion seems to be that Mrs Weasley will be overjoyed over Ron/Hermiones (if we get to see them reveal it to her) or Harry/Ginnys (if we get to see them reveal it) relationship. Maybe she will, but what if? Maybe we have a new situation like with Fleur, even if Molly surely likes Hermione and defiantly Harry more than Fleur. She could, of course not do much against Ron and Hermione, since they're both at age, but maybe Hermione will have to prove herself once again, to Mrs Weasley.

Old March 10th, 2007, 8:33 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Anyway, I still think they will resolve their relationship early on. My bet is on the train. But I wouldn´t mind to flip open Deathly Hallows and read on the first page:

Dennis Creevy came running up to them, shouting excitedly:

"Harry, Harry, I have a message for you".

Harry ducked, in case Dennis had his camera on him, but Dennis just told Harry McGonagall wanted to see him in the Headmistress´office.

Asking Ron and Hermione to wait for him infront of the castle for their departure, he made his way up the lawn to the big oak entrance door. Before pushing it open, he cast a look back to the lake, with it´s water glistening in the sunshine, and the White Tomb, which now held their late Headmaster´s body. In the distance he saw the group of trees he just had come from. Ron and Hermione were still standing there.... closely entwined, kissing deeply.
I really like that. That is good.

Quote:
That'd be a funny senario, like how Jane Fonda was to Jennifer Lopez in Monster in Law. But, I dont think Mrs. Weasley would mond is they were together, she likes Hermione, and i think she'd be happy with it. (When if she got a hold of a Wizards camera? And took a bunch of pictures of them together at the wedding, then crying about how they are so grown up? )

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old March 10th, 2007, 8:47 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoesrock View Post

Oh my goodness, that brings a funny scenario to mind. Picturing: "Harry, Ron and Hermione come back from the Dursleys before the wedding, Mrs. Weasley walks in on a snogging Ron and Hermione. Lots of screaming and chaos ensues with a very red-faced Ron and Hermione!"

Now that would be funny!

Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
- Tom Krause

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.
- Winnie the Pooh
Old March 10th, 2007, 8:52 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
I think JKR has set up the last scenes in HBP to put Ron and Hermione in position to discuss their feelings for each other fairly early in DH. The final pages of HBP showed Hermione and Ron crying in each other's arms, Ron asking permission from Hermione to chastise his brother, and Hermione speaking for both of them. Those are all the signs of an established couple.

If JKR doesn't have Ron and Hermione speak about their relationship in the aftermath of all that, she'll just have to set it up again. She would have wasted the ending of HBP in terms of resolving Ron and Hermione's relationship, and she doesn't do that very often.

I think it will be resolved on the train.

I completely agree, except that I think it'll be resolved either on the train (as you said) or at the wedding. I think the wedding is going to do quite a lot for Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione, especially the latter.

Ravenclaw
94% obsessed
Old March 10th, 2007, 11:09 pm
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
I understand how the insecurity about the future can give them the necessary nudge to finally confess their feelings. But I don´t understand what exactly you mean with them being less secure about their feelings than ever. I have the impression they are more sure than ever
Probably not a great choice of words on my part but basically while they're both pretty sure about their own feelings with respect to the other I feel that they're completely unsure of the other's now.

After Lav Lav, Hermione will be wondering if Ron is really attracted to her at all. She's not the most confident sort and may have an issue about her appearance at least as it relates to Ron.
Similarly Ron went with Lav Lav because he felt that Hermione wasn't interested in him 'that way'. After the first night and the killer canaries of doom (I wonder what effect they'd have on Voldemort ) he plainly figured that he was wrong. By Christmas he was clearly regretting the whole thing but for him to back out of it now would only add another hurt to the list he was responsible for. In short, he might feel he's blown his chance of anything more than a friendship with Hermione.

Still I think he'll want to get all of this out into the open before they head off with Harry. They'll need to be focussed on what they're trying to achieve and unresolved tensions will make that more difficult and Ron is sufficiently mature and tactically astute enough to understand that now.

Old March 11th, 2007, 12:39 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
After the first night and the killer canaries of doom (I wonder what effect they'd have on Voldemort ) he plainly figured that he was wrong.
Oh, now I've an image of LV standing on a cliff trying to AK a great number of canaries making his face look like the top of a pie. Scary thought.

Seriously, the canary part was a step back for Hermione. I mean, what was that. "He made out with Lavender!? I'm gonna send my birds on him if I can!" Hermione is devastated over Ron's antics. And I thought she was the type that tried to talk to you when something was wrong, not attack you with wild animals (does canaries counts as dangerous wild animals?)

Old March 11th, 2007, 12:53 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Probably not a great choice of words on my part but basically while they're both pretty sure about their own feelings with respect to the other I feel that they're completely unsure of the other's now.

After Lav Lav, Hermione will be wondering if Ron is really attracted to her at all. She's not the most confident sort and may have an issue about her appearance at least as it relates to Ron.
Similarly Ron went with Lav Lav because he felt that Hermione wasn't interested in him 'that way'. After the first night and the killer canaries of doom (I wonder what effect they'd have on Voldemort ) he plainly figured that he was wrong. By Christmas he was clearly regretting the whole thing but for him to back out of it now would only add another hurt to the list he was responsible for. In short, he might feel he's blown his chance of anything more than a friendship with Hermione.

Still I think he'll want to get all of this out into the open before they head off with Harry. They'll need to be focussed on what they're trying to achieve and unresolved tensions will make that more difficult and Ron is sufficiently mature and tactically astute enough to understand that now.
Well, I agree and disagree with you on this.

I agree completely about Ron. It is very likely that he will be questioning whether or not he still has a chance with Hermione. I think he is aware that she at least had feelings for him, but he's not sure if she still does or she was too hurt.

Hermione - I sort of agree with you there. She has been left with the impression that Ron chose Lavender over her based on appearance - or some other lacking quality regarding herself. So that would affect her confidence. However, Ron did call for her when he was unconscious and he did slip up and say "I love you". So it would really come down to how badly her confidence was affected by thinking he chose Lavender over her - not knowing that he actually gave up. It's possible that she will be wary and rationalize the evidence - could have been anything he said while he was unconscious since it was kind of mumbled - he was tired and grateful for her help when he said "I love you". Or she could look at it that he "learned his lesson" with Lavender that looks aren't important and be more hopeful. I think either scenario could play out.

However, Hermione's doubts are more easily alleviated than Ron's. Discovering the truth about what happened - Ginny saying she snogged Krum and making fun of Ron for his lack of experience - would go a long way towards Hermione realizing that she was wrong. And I think that will be significant in Hermione recognizing her own mistakes in trying to hide her feelings.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old March 11th, 2007, 12:55 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Seriously, the canary part was a step back for Hermione. I mean, what was that. "He made out with Lavender!? I'm gonna send my birds on him if I can!" Hermione is devastated over Ron's antics. And I thought she was the type that tried to talk to you when something was wrong, not attack you with wild animals (does canaries counts as dangerous wild animals?)
I agree. I was really surprised when I read about the canaries the first time. That just felt very un-Hermione-ish. But, when she emotional, all kinds of things happen. I mean, Malfoy might not agree that Hermoine is more verbal about her problems after that punch.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deevo:

Completely agree.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old March 11th, 2007, 1:07 am
First Year

I think Ron and Hermione will end up together. As for the Hermione wanting to send canaries after Ron I wasn't shocked at all. Hey, what would you do? I hope Ron will get up the courage to ask Hermione.

"I just want to be with you; isn't that enough?"
Old March 11th, 2007, 1:11 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Oh, I'm sure he'll be able to muster the courage.

By the way, Cgold, I LOVE the siggy.

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 11th, 2007, 1:42 am
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Kaine View Post
Actually I disagree with that; in the past when Hermione has been hurt by others' actions she's been vindictive almost to the point of viciousness. What she did to Rita was pretty spiteful, Draco probably still regrets brassing her off and she never let up on Marietta either. So in that respect her attack on Ron was completely in character for her.

Rule number 1: Angry and brassed off Hermione = pain.

Actually there are more than a few people now with reason to want to get back at her, I wonder if this might come into play in Deathly Hallows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Well, I agree and disagree with you on this.

I agree completely about Ron. It is very likely that he will be questioning whether or not he still has a chance with Hermione. I think he is aware that she at least had feelings for him, but he's not sure if she still does or she was too hurt.
Which is why I think he'll be the one to make the first move this time around.

Quote:
Hermione - I sort of agree with you there. She has been left with the impression that Ron chose Lavender over her based on appearance - or some other lacking quality regarding herself. So that would affect her confidence. However, Ron did call for her when he was unconscious and he did slip up and say "I love you". So it would really come down to how badly her confidence was affected by thinking he chose Lavender over her - not knowing that he actually gave up. It's possible that she will be wary and rationalize the evidence - could have been anything he said while he was unconscious since it was kind of mumbled - he was tired and grateful for her help when he said "I love you". Or she could look at it that he "learned his lesson" with Lavender that looks aren't important and be more hopeful. I think either scenario could play out.
Perhaps, I'm a bit undecided about that one myself. I think she'll be waiting for his move this time.

Quote:
However, Hermione's doubts are more easily alleviated than Ron's. Discovering the truth about what happened - Ginny saying she snogged Krum and making fun of Ron for his lack of experience - would go a long way towards Hermione realizing that she was wrong. And I think that will be significant in Hermione recognizing her own mistakes in trying to hide her feelings.
Definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post
I agree. I was really surprised when I read about the canaries the first time. That just felt very un-Hermione-ish. But, when she emotional, all kinds of things happen. I mean, Malfoy might not agree that Hermoine is more verbal about her problems after that punch.
Well, like I said above angry and brassed off Hermione = pain, so I felt that the canary episode was very much in character for her. Ron tagged her quite well early in the piece when he said that she was 'a little scary sometimes'.

Old March 11th, 2007, 1:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Kaine View Post
Oh, now I've an image of LV standing on a cliff trying to AK a great number of canaries making his face look like the top of a pie. Scary thought.

Wild maybe - not so sure about dangerous.

However, I'd have to disagree for the most part. It has been demonstrated throughout that Hermione does have a nasty temper and is not the most logical person when provoked. Slapping Malfoy in POA - holding Rita Skeeter hostage in a jar - not exactly calm, collected moments for Hermione.

And I really can't say that I see Hermione as the type to talk to you when something is wrong. She does advise others to do that - like trying to get Harry and Ron to talk to each other in GOF - but she doesn't follow her own advice. She didn't try to talk things out with Ron in POA - nor did she talk to him after the Yule Ball. The same applies to Harry. She didn't try to talk to Harry about her concerns over the Firebolt in POA - she just went behind his back and told McGonagall.

It's kind of funny though. There were so many of us who predicted that Hermione would do that - not canaries specifically, but that she would react with anger and be irrational when Ron got a girlfriend. And there were those who vehemently opposed that saying that Hermione would never do something like that. It's kind of ironic that they came back later complaining that Hermione was out of character when so much of that was predicted.

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old March 11th, 2007, 1:53 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Oh, Hermione was definitely in character when she attacked Ron with the canaries. I was not surprised at all... in fact, I think I burst out laughing.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 11th, 2007, 1:57 am

Quote:
Actually I disagree with that; in the past when Hermione has been hurt by others' actions she's been vindictive almost to the point of viciousness. What she did to Rita was pretty spiteful, Draco probably still regrets brassing her off and she never let up on Marietta either. So in that respect her attack on Ron was completely in character for her.

Rule number 1: Angry and brassed off Hermione = pain.
Exactly.

Quote:
Actually there are more than a few people now with reason to want to get back at her, I wonder if this might come into play in Deathly Hallows.
Interesting Idea. Although, I'm not certain that would play out. Draco has bigger problems to worry about at the moment, McLaggen probably won't ever know that Hermione confunded him, and Rita is still an illegal animagus. Marietta is a possibility since it seems that Hermione has permanently disfigured her. However, she's such a minor character, I'm not sure Jo would bother with it.

Quote:
Which is why I think he'll be the one to make the first move this time around.
Oh definitely. I think that will be an important step in his character development - building up his confidence, etc...

Quote:
Perhaps, I'm a bit undecided about that one myself. I think she'll be waiting for his move this time.
I agree. I don't think she'll be too eager to take chances this time around. She'll wait for Ron. Although I am hopeful that her behavior towards Ron will be more encouraging in that regard. Hermione needs to learn that a little flirting never hurt anybody.

Quote:
Well, like I said above angry and brassed off Hermione = pain, so I felt that the canary episode was very much in character for her. Ron tagged her quite well early in the piece when he said that she was 'a little scary sometimes'.
Actually, that line was in the movie - not the book. But it is a very apt description of Hermione - brilliant, but scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeasleysgirl View Post
Oh, Hermione was definitely in character when she attacked Ron with the canaries. I was not surprised at all... in fact, I think I burst out laughing.
I know. When I read the part where Ginny pointed out Ron snogging Lavender, I was thinking to myself - "Ooooh, Ron's gonna get it!"

Old March 11th, 2007, 3:03 am
Second Year

Quote:
Agreed, agreed, Hermione has a bit of temper, I admit, but I never thought I would see her attacking Ron with canaries. She hit Malfoy, who pretty much had it coming when he mocked Hagrid. And Rita Skeeter, well, Hermione fought fire with even bigger fires. Rita uses a dirty trick to get her news, ruining peoples lives. Hermione now holds that against her after GoF. Ron, as have been said, had given up on Hermione at the point (she and Ginny really should talk more), so he went for Lavender, not sure what he hoped to achieve there.

I just wished Hermione could have used something else to show Ron that she was angry and hurt by his actions, not attacking him with innocent canaries. It didn't exactly get her anywhere, it only left Ron with ehm.. beakmarks?

And I agree fully with the statement that Hermione doesn't follow her own rules, when she scolds Harry for his book while she herself curses Cormac.

Old March 11th, 2007, 3:08 am
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Interesting Idea. Although, I'm not certain that would play out. Draco has bigger problems to worry about at the moment, McLaggen probably won't ever know that Hermione confunded him, and Rita is still an illegal animagus. Marietta is a possibility since it seems that Hermione has permanently disfigured her. However, she's such a minor character, I'm not sure Jo would bother with it.
It'd be a minor aspect that's for sure but I was thinking more along the lines of Umbridge and maybe Marietta's mother (who works at the ministry).

Quote:
Oh definitely. I think that will be an important step in his character development - building up his confidence, etc...

Quote:
I agree. I don't think she'll be too eager to take chances this time around. She'll wait for Ron. Although I am hopeful that her behavior towards Ron will be more encouraging in that regard. Hermione needs to learn that a little flirting never hurt anybody.
Yes, I should have said that before. Though she'll be cautious with it I think she knows now that she needs to be more encouraging toward him. These two so badly need to sit down and have a loooong talk.

Quote:
Actually, that line was in the movie - not the book. But it is a very apt description of Hermione - brilliant, but scary.
Was it really? Well it was, as you say, a very apt description and very much something I can see book Ron saying too.

Quote:
I know. When I read the part where Ginny pointed out Ron snogging Lavender, I was thinking to myself - "Ooooh, Ron's gonna get it!"
Hoo boy wasn't that the truth.

Old March 11th, 2007, 3:10 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Actually, I think the canaries served exactly the purpose she wanted them to. They gave her the satisfaction of physically harming the person who had just broken her heart, and they let Ron know how she felt about the Lavendar situation. Ron obviously knew that that was why she attacked him. Aside from the fact that he is not stupid, he must have known because he even pointed out to Harry that she was angry because someone wanted to snog him.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 11th, 2007, 4:25 am

Quote:
It'd be a minor aspect that's for sure but I was thinking more along the lines of Umbridge and maybe Marietta's mother (who works at the ministry).
Hmmm... I hadn't thought of them. That's interesting. And Jo did hint around that she was going to have some more fun with Umbridge. Could be possible.

Quote:

Yes, I should have said that before. Though she'll be cautious with it I think she knows now that she needs to be more encouraging toward him. These two so badly need to sit down and have a loooong talk.
Definitely.

I think Hermione will be cautious as well, but I'm really hoping that she's not too cautious and is more encouraging. And it would be cool to see her flirt with him. Can you imagine how Ron would react to that?

Quote:
Was it really? Well it was, as you say, a very apt description and very much something I can see book Ron saying too.
Oh absolutely. That's why I get so irritated with Kloves. There are times when he shows such brilliant insight into the characters - what they would say or do - like the fight between Ron and Harry in GOF and Ron's apology. Then there are times when you just want to beat his head against the wall screaming "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

Quote:
Hoo boy wasn't that the truth.
Oh yeah.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies