Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Ron and Hermione - Where to from here? v6

Old March 14th, 2007, 9:35 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Ron and Hermione - Where to from here? v6

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!! *Hugs VikeDaine* Oh I missed you so much! My favorite Harry/Hermione shipper! *whispers* Never leave me again; these people are crazy! *looks around* None of you read that! jk

Anyways, now that I’m through with that, I think Hermione was probably aware of her feelings, but was probably concerned about them. Confused maybe. Ron might not seem like the logical choice for her right away, but she knows they’re meant to be.

P.S. And thanks for the congrats!

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily

Last edited by RWeasleysgirl; March 14th, 2007 at 10:05 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2007, 9:47 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterposse View Post
Maybe becoming ticked at Ron right when she thought about possibly asking him? I think that might follow under some of the things you listed though.
Yeah, I forgot that. Okay, now we have an additional point on the list.

- lack of opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViKeDaine View Post
I agree with this, but I don't think she fully understood what was happening between the two of them until later. For obvious reasons (lack of experience, close friendship), she and Ron both could not have adapted easily to the idea of loving each other on an entirely different level than the one to which they had become accustomed. Hermione especially would have been at first skeptical of the extent of her feelings, being as analytical and logical as she was and is.
Oh yes, I agree. I think it must have been difficult, for both of them, to distinguish their romantic feelings from the platonic love you normally have for your best friend. I am not sure though, if Hermione was skeptical about her feelings. I can imagine she tried to explain them away with them being just a teenage crush. But I think she is very close to her own feelings, she just doesn´t let them out. She might have thoroughly analysed her feelings though.

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old March 14th, 2007, 9:49 pm
Fourth Year

Um, sorry but i'm asking becuse i'm jsut confused.....i thought we wern;t allowed shipping threads!

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:04 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHufflepuff View Post
Um, sorry but i'm asking becuse i'm jsut confused.....i thought we wern;t allowed shipping threads!
This is not a shipping thread. It is here to discuss what will happen to Ron and Hermione in Deathly Hallows, as a couple or otherwise.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:08 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeasleysgirl View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!! *Hugs VikeDaine* Oh I missed you so much! My favorite Harry/Hermione shipper! *whispers* Never leave me again; these people are crazy! *looks around* None of you read that! :P jk
My favoritest R/Hr shipper! *whispers* Don't worry. There's lots of room in my white padded room for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
I am not sure though, if Hermione was skeptical about her feelings. I can imagine she tried to explain them away with them being just a teenage crush.
I think perhaps she felt herself unable to have something so "immature" as a teenage crush. That would be why she was so utterly confused and flustered about the whole thing in GoF. She wanted to not have those feelings, and she'd gone and gotten herself in love with a teenage boy (who was her best friend, of all people).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
She might have thoroughly analysed her feelings though.
Reasons why I should not be in love with Ron Weasley
As written by Hermione Granger

1. He is my best friend.
2. Our children would have red frizzy hair. Yes, that's lovely.
3. He is often annoying (though I suppose I enjoy our little spats)
4. I do not think very clearly when that boy is around; this often results in such endeavors as asking McLaggen to Slughorn's party and sending several small yellow birds with sharp beaks at a certain person
5. I might be expected to give birth to 7+ children, which - I think - would not be a very pleasant experience.
6. I might also be expected to call him such frivilous names as "Won-Won."
7. I might also be expected to have my face sucked off my his lips at regular intervals (though I'm not really sure why that's a bad thing)
8. It is utterly impossible to come up with reasons for not dating him because he is sitting across the room from me looking ridiculously lovely. Clearly someone with such powerful mind-controling abilities should not be allowed to be my boyfriend. Oh, sod it all, I know I'll be snogging him senseless by the end of the night.

Mmm. Nice going there, Hermione.

REPRESENT

I will go down with this ship. I won't put my hands up and surrender. There will be no white flag above my door. I'm in love and always will be.

HMS Harmony * SS Fire and Ice * HMS Red Moon
HBP changes nothing
Portkey.org
Keep HP on Library shelves - sign the petition

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:14 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Lol, perfect. She’ll have it color-coded and stuck to the inside of her homework planner where she’s sure to see it every day.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:14 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!! *Hugs VikeDaine* Oh I missed you so much! My favorite Harry/Hermione shipper! *whispers* Never leave me again; these people are crazy! *looks around* None of you read that! jk
I- am -offended!

Quote:
My favoritest R/Hr shipper! *whispers* Don't worry. There's lots of room in my white padded room for you.

My white-padded room is next to yours and RWeasleysgirl's white-padded room...you may be scared to know that...

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart

Last edited by potterposse; March 14th, 2007 at 10:17 pm.
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:21 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Oh I didn’t mean you, Potterposse! *sure* lol

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:33 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterposse View Post
My white-padded room is next to yours and RWeasleysgirl's white-padded room...you may be scared to know that...
EEK! Well, at least we'll have something to talk about in our last days as sane people.

Sane?

And you know Hermione wrote lists. Lots of them. She has a special folder.

REPRESENT

I will go down with this ship. I won't put my hands up and surrender. There will be no white flag above my door. I'm in love and always will be.

HBP changes nothing
Portkey.org

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:38 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Lol, surely she does. “Ten reasons why I hate Lavendar Brown…” That one I’d like to see! lol

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:47 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Lol, surely she does. “Ten reasons why I hate Lavendar Brown…” That one I’d like to see! lol

Or Ten reasons not to go on a date w/McLaggen.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

…ever ever again.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:01 pm
Secret Keeper

Hem-hem. Topic, people?

Old March 14th, 2007, 11:03 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Apologies.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old March 15th, 2007, 2:57 am
Fifth Year

Quote:

Ron and Hermione have sort of had blinders on when it comes to their feelings for each other. I can see how Hermione, at least, would try to ignore it for the sake of school or Harry or Voldemort. Before HBP, she'd only had a really romance-induced moment once, in GoF with the "ask me next time, and not as a last resort!" comment that had Ron blubbering like a freckle-faced fish. I think she's only recently come to terms with her feelings.

You ever notice all (or most) of their "romantic moments" occur during or after an argument or highly charged period? I'm thinking along the lines of the Buckbeak hug, Yule Ball, having an argument in HBP and asking Ron to Slug's party in a backhand way, the poisoning...

Since they seem more mature at the end of HBP I'm not sure the "defining moment" will follow the same pattern, but that would be more fun.

Of course, JKR has written the actors who play in the movies into the books. Having Ron called "Rupert" by mistake was really funny. She may write Ron and Hermione's "moment" with them in mind. I doubt it, but it's possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked her to make sure it wasn't too "mushy".

Old March 15th, 2007, 4:28 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwidgit View Post
Hem-hem. Topic, people?
*cough* Sorry. All hail the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordspal View Post
Since they seem more mature at the end of HBP I'm not sure the "defining moment" will follow the same pattern, but that would be more fun.
Yes, they're more mature, but arguing is their thing. One insignificant tiff after another is simply the way they best converse. They thrive on the stuff of confrontation, so an all out row leading to one of those cliche-everybody-loves moments in which Ron simply grabs Hermione and lays one on her is a fantastically likely possibility.

Even I get happies thinking about it.

REPRESENT

HBP changes nothing
Portkey.org

Old March 15th, 2007, 5:20 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
I'll just content myself with a "yes" which'll make anyone nearby wonder just what the heck I'm on about. That's what happened when I got to Harry and Ginny's kiss in Half Blood Prince, I guess I'm a softie at heart.
Me too. I love a sappy romantic moment.

Quote:
I'm undecided, the train seems likely but it might be a quiet moment. I'd still like to see a big 'outing' at the wedding, it'll be much more fun to read other people's reactions.
It depends on how Jo handles it. She could keep it semi-private with only Harry present and then leaving to give them privacy. Or she could have Ginny, Neville, and Luna there as well. Or she could start it on the train and go with the interruptions leading up to the wedding.

Quote:
Mine was at the laundromat on a Saturday morning, I was reading then "yes". Got me some strange looks.
You got me beat. I just got teased by my hubby.

Quote:
Actually after the things she's done to other people that brassed her off over the years Ron got off fairly lightly.
Very true. And, of all the girls, he chose one of her roommates. That had to be tough.

Quote:
Given her lack of confidence and the limb she'd already placed herself on his actions were pretty devistating to her.
Absolutely. With no reason behind it, she had to feel it was because he didn't find her attractive.

Quote:
Indeed, she's never been the most ... even handed individual when it's come to her expectations of how to treat others as opposed to how she treats them herself. She's been a 'do as I say, not as I do' person for a while now in certain situations.
Also true.

Quote:
I think Steve Kloves actually summed her character up really well in the Chamber of Secrets DVD interview, he said something along the lines of that she had this amazing intellect, coupled with a complete lack of awareness of her effect on other people.
That's what kills me about Kloves. He really does seem to understand the characters very well and some of the scenes he has written have expressed them perfectly. Others, he just totally loses it.

Quote:
Definitely, though the way she expressed that to them came out completely wrong and made it look like it was her that didn't have any faith in him.
Exactly. Classic example of "foot in mouth".

Quote:
That's why I think after their big romantic moment they'll fall into their couple dynamic very easily, it'll be very much like they are now without the underlying tension. If anything I think they'll be more used than ever to Harry.
Oh definitely. Their relationship - in terms of how they interact with each other overall - isn't going to change all that much. There will be less underlying tension and perhaps a bit more intimacy (holding hands, etc...), but they've been behaving like a couple for years so the changes will be minor.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old March 15th, 2007, 7:14 am
Second Year

Quote:
Yes, they're more mature, but arguing is their thing. One insignificant tiff after another is simply the way they best converse. They thrive on the stuff of confrontation, so an all out row leading to one of those cliche-everybody-loves moments in which Ron simply grabs Hermione and lays one on her is a fantastically likely possibility.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've imagined would happen eventually with Ron and Hermione. The whole "cutting off the yelling with a kiss" thing is classic and it suits Ron and Hermione's pattern. The only thing is, JKR already did the "unexpected kiss in front of everyone" with Harry and Ginny so I wonder if it might seem redundant.

Of course it could happen so that just Harry and maybe one or two of the Weasleys walks in on the tail end of a row, and sees the kiss. Or something along those lines so that there's not a huge audience.

Anyway, I'm sure JKR will come up with something really great. I'm not feeling particularly imaginative at the moment, so excuse the cliched suggestions.

Old March 15th, 2007, 9:03 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Reasons why I should not be in love with Ron Weasley
As written by Hermione Granger

1. He is my best friend.
2. Our children would have red frizzy hair. Yes, that's lovely.
3. He is often annoying (though I suppose I enjoy our little spats)
4. I do not think very clearly when that boy is around; this often results in such endeavors as asking McLaggen to Slughorn's party and sending several small yellow birds with sharp beaks at a certain person
5. I might be expected to give birth to 7+ children, which - I think - would not be a very pleasant experience.
6. I might also be expected to call him such frivilous names as "Won-Won."
7. I might also be expected to have my face sucked off my his lips at regular intervals (though I'm not really sure why that's a bad thing)
8. It is utterly impossible to come up with reasons for not dating him because he is sitting across the room from me looking ridiculously lovely. Clearly someone with such powerful mind-controling abilities should not be allowed to be my boyfriend. Oh, sod it all, I know I'll be snogging him senseless by the end of the night.

Mmm. Nice going there, Hermione.

Welcome back ViKeDaine! That was great!

Quote:
*cough* Sorry. All hail the mods.

That's true - and it's certainly a possibility. I can see it going either way myself.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old March 15th, 2007, 5:59 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I just can’t wait to see it however it happens, I’m so in love with the ship… I made the mistake of sitting on the couch when I was bored last night, where there were four or five markers sitting next to me, and as a memoir of my boredness I now have several tributes to Ron/Hermione all over my arms. Lovely idea, absolutely brilliant.

But anyway, I definitely think it will be more fun to see an argument trigger the whole thing.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies