Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Sirius come back

Old April 9th, 2007, 2:55 am
First Year

Re: Will Sirius come back

hmm...
I don't think Sirius will be able to come back, unless Lupin misunderstood the powers of the veil. Lupin told Harry that Sirius is 'gone'. Or wait did he ever actually state that Sirius is actually dead?

"Listening to the news! Again?"
"Well, it changes every day, you see," said Harry.

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2007, 2:57 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIX_ENFLAME View Post
Sirius or The Dog Star in Astronomy is a symbol of rebirth.
That is a very interesting point... hhhmmmm.... It's making me think...

"Another week away, my greatest fear. I need the smell of summer, I need its noises in my ears." - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light by Brand New 92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

"You do what you love and **** the rest." - Little Miss Sunshine (as said by Dwayne [Paul Dano!!!]) 103% obsessed with Harry Potter
Old April 9th, 2007, 3:03 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIX_ENFLAME View Post

JKR said herself that we will see the 2-way mirrors again.
WOAH I didn't know that about Sirius being a symbol of rebirth...that's really cool! Maybe he will come back then, that would rule

Old April 9th, 2007, 3:05 am
First Year

Maybe we'll see him in a memory or something... I'm just throwing out ideas...

"Another week away, my greatest fear. I need the smell of summer, I need its noises in my ears." - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light by Brand New 92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.

"You do what you love and **** the rest." - Little Miss Sunshine (as said by Dwayne [Paul Dano!!!]) 103% obsessed with Harry Potter
Old April 9th, 2007, 3:07 am
First Year

****......i forgot about the dogstar.....rebirth......pheonix?

Old April 9th, 2007, 3:13 am
First Year

I should clarify about the "rebirth" symbolism. The Egyptians viewed the "flooding of the Nile" as a welcome and wonderous thing. The giver of life, so to speak. Without the flood, all vegetation (and thus people) would die. Every year it would renew itself,... bringing all that was dying, back to life.

From Wikipedia:

"The Middle Kingdom of Egyptians based their calendar on the heliacal rising of Sirius, which occurred just before the annual flooding of the Nile and the summer solstice"

"You know quite well, deep within you, that there is only a single magic, a single power, a single salvation...and that is called loving. Well, then, love your suffering. Do not resist it, do not flee from it. It is your aversion that hurts, nothing else." Hermann Hesse
Old April 9th, 2007, 3:16 am
First Year

....but that doesn't fit anything for our Sirius, his death wouldn't re nurture the earth...... and if anyone tries to say it motivated harry to kill voldemort, you'll need to remember he has enough reason to kill voldy already

Old April 9th, 2007, 3:17 am
First Year

Quote:
hmm...
I don't think Sirius will be able to come back, unless Lupin misunderstood the powers of the veil. Lupin told Harry that Sirius is 'gone'. Or wait did he ever actually state that Sirius is actually dead?
Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 36 page 807"He can't come back, Harry," said Lupin, his voice breaking as he struggled to contain Harry. "He can't come back, because he's d--"

I think everybody was led to assume that he was about to say "dead". On a side note, Dumbledore referred to that room as the Death Chamber, so I think there's something to be said by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIX_ENFLAME
Wow, that's really interesting! Again, I don't think he'll actually come back from the dead, as it's supposed to be impossible to do that, but perhaps we'll at least see or hear from him again!

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain'--
'The Boy Who Scored'-- whatever they call you these days."

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Old April 9th, 2007, 3:21 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 36 page 807"He can't come back, Harry," said Lupin, his voice breaking as he struggled to contain Harry. "He can't come back, because he's d--"

I think everybody was led to assume that he was about to say "dead". On a side note, Dumbledore referred to that room as the Death Chamber, so I think there's something to be said by that.

Wow, that's really interesting! Again, I don't think he'll actually come back from the dead, as it's supposed to be impossible to do that, but perhaps we'll at least see or hear from him again!
thanks for answering!
Yeah Dumbledore himself stated that no spell can bring someone back from the dead. So that means Sirius truly is gone

Old April 9th, 2007, 3:26 am
First Year

another prefect piece of evidence

Old April 9th, 2007, 4:37 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurdian View Post
....but that doesn't fit anything for our Sirius, his death wouldn't re nurture the earth...... and if anyone tries to say it motivated harry to kill voldemort, you'll need to remember he has enough reason to kill voldy already
First, I see your point. Taken out of context, that doesn't quite fit. So, I researched (and found) where I had originally read about Sirius and the symbol of rebirth. Also, how it connects with the particular theory we are discussing. This is an excerpt from an editiorial by
"Lady Lupin"

Horcruxes, Sirius and Bill Weasley
The Mysteries of Ancient Egypt

"The Rising of the Dog Star

A look at Egyptian cosmology makes the question of a trip to Egypt even more compelling, especially for Sirius fans. The Dog Star, Sirius, was known to the Egyptians as the most important star in the sky. It was particularly associated with Isis and Osiris, the parents of Horus. It is part of the constellation Canis Major (Large or Great Dog), to the lower left of Orion. It was first seen right around the Summer Solstice in the early morning sky, and its rising each year heralded the flooding of the Nile: a positive, life-giving event in ancient Egypt. Temples were oriented towards Sirius and the Egyptian calendar was based on the annual conjunction of the Sun and Sirius. The Great Pyramid itself is oriented to Sirius and Orion, all of which brings us back to Bill. Can Bill help make a necessary connection between Harry and Sirius? And will the inspiration for the connection come as Harry and his friends look at the photo taken several years ago of the Weasleys at Cheops, the Great Pyramid?

It takes about seventy days or so for Sirius to make its progress through the summer skies, which is where we get the phrase "the dog days of summer." Then, in late August or September, the star disappears. Ancient Egyptians believed it to be crossing the mysterious reaches of the underworld - out of sight and out of communication with life of Earth. Because it reappeared every year during the Nile River's flood season, when the waters fertilized the surrounding lands, Sirius the Dog Star was revered as a bringer of life: a symbol of rebirth, regeneration and hope.

I am reminded of one of those partial prophecies we heard in the Department of Mysteries: "at the Solstice will come a new..." Sirius reappears in the Egyptian summer skies, every year, around the Summer Solstice. Will Harry reencounter some form of his beloved godfather next year? Remember, Sirius' mirror has yet to come into play. I wonder if the Veil, the Solstice and the Mirror may all be connected. I am not suggesting that Sirius will somehow come back to life. Instead, I see that his death was necessary because he will have to be dead in order to give Harry the particular help he will need.

It has been said that if Harry's scar encases a Horcrux, Harry will have to die in order to defeat Voldemort. But what if Sirius, who died at the Veil, can find a way to return to it in a new form at the Solstice? Might his two-way mirror afford Harry the opportunity to go both directions through the Veil? To pass through to the underworld and still find his way back? JKR has told us that Sirius had to die, and we would find out why in Book Seven. I do believe, as I stated in Spinner's End #20, that Sirius needed to die in order to allow Dumbledore to become Harry's primary influence. However, it does seem, from JKR's words, that there is more to it than that.

In the Egyptian Book of the Dead, the journey of a soul after it leaves the body takes it directly to Sirius. Sirius represents the destination of the dead - those beyond the Veil. If Harry does take a trip through the Veil, it makes sense that Sirius would be the first one there to greet him. If Harry and Voldemort both go through the Veil, I would enjoy watching Sirius take on Voldemort to give Harry the chance to return.

If Sirius Black does represent rebirth, perhaps it will be this influence that will provide Harry the miracle that he needs to rid himself of an unwanted Horcrux and still survive to enjoy the life he so richly deserves.

Horus lost an eye in his battle with his Uncle Seth. Sacrifices do have to be made. What will Harry's sacrifice be? Harry has already lost many people whom he loves, and we know from his creator that he will lose more. Is this enough, or will Harry sustain some injury, or be required to give up an eye, a limb, a power, or some part of his magic in order to defeat his parents' killer?

Though the exact significance is hard to pin down, the related themes of Egypt, divinity, Bill, constellations and Sirius make me wonder: is JKR leading us to a dramatic conclusion in Egypt? At the Veil? Involving Sirius? The Mirror? Requiring Bill's assistance? Thankfully, I cannot put it all together. I do believe that my deep desire to be surprised prevents me from seeing some of these things as clearly as I might. However JKR ties up all of the disparate parts of Harry's journey, and whether my deductions are spot on or beyond ridiculous, the suspense and detective work is great fun - though it will never match the delight I anticipate as I settle into my comfy chair to read Book Seven."

Hope this helps.
I love this theory. The only thing I disagree on is the possibility of Harry losing an eye. I think if Harry has to sacrifice something, it will be the extra soul (Voldemort's) he has on his head (the all-seeing eye).
This is what made the dementors so especially interested in him. (how many wizards walk around with extra souls)

"You know quite well, deep within you, that there is only a single magic, a single power, a single salvation...and that is called loving. Well, then, love your suffering. Do not resist it, do not flee from it. It is your aversion that hurts, nothing else." Hermann Hesse
Old April 9th, 2007, 4:41 am
First Year

Harry and Voldemort will go through the veil. Sirius will watch on and cheer Harry; Harry will kill Voldemort. Harry will ask Sirius if he can stay...and then we'll get some cliche' plot device with Sirius saying 'the world needs Harry Potter' or something cheesed like that and he goes back.

Or he comes back from the mirror...or the above happens but in not as much cheesed-mode.

Do you see what happens when the trio spoils Book 7 to Voldemort? They get beat up, thrown into a super secret portal with a house-elf and have to wear funny clothes. Don't let this happen to you.
Old April 9th, 2007, 9:11 am
Fifth Year

No, can't see Sirius comming back, but I can see Harry seeing him again.

Old April 9th, 2007, 1:53 pm
Fifth Year

I don't think that Sirius will come back but I do think that he will help Harry some way. I think Harry will be getting help from all of the people who have died protecting him. He was helped in the grave yard when Voldemort got his body and those people didn't return from the dead. Some how they will help him again and this time Sirius will be with them.

Tarot Cards for Fun and Fortune Telling

Someone who spoiled Deathly Hallows

Old April 9th, 2007, 1:59 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakara View Post
I hope he doesn't! Death is final, just because these books are set in the wizarding the world it shouldn't be different. Ghosts are one thing but if Sirius returned from 'the other side' it'd undermine the utter finality that death brings. Death is an important (but grim) thing that EVERYONE has to deal with at some point in their lives.
Well we dont even know if he died he just fell through and Sirius only was mention a book and a half after his death so he must play some kind of role in this matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizangemot24 View Post
If he does I will burn the copy of my book, and forget everything about Pottermania. If he comes back, so should Cedric and Harry's parents, and Dumbledore.
Well the others except Sirius were hit with killing curses but Sirius was not

Old April 9th, 2007, 2:36 pm
First Year

I don't think Sirius will be alive again, but I do think he will make a reappearance in some way. This whole Sirius = Rebirth thing cannot just be a coincidence on JKR's part, either. It has to mean something.

Last edited by leahdk08; April 9th, 2007 at 2:49 pm.
Old April 9th, 2007, 2:53 pm
First Year

I do not think Sirius is alive..
I think that Harry will go back to Gimmwald Place and find the other mirror. Remember Harrys concern why the mirror did not work because Sirius did not have it with him when he died.
Dumbledore/Nearly Headless Nick and Lupin told Harry Sirius was dead.
This possessions and gold transfered over to Harry.

I was kind of hoping Sirius left like a diary or explaination of thinks for Harry to find in Grimmwald Place in case.

Old April 9th, 2007, 3:02 pm
Sixth Year

Well, ther is a black dog running across the grounds of the castle in the UK Children's edition (back cover.) This could certainly be Sirius coming back for Harry.

I hope he doesn't come back. He needs to stay dead. If anyone returns it should be Lily and James.

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old April 9th, 2007, 3:23 pm
First Year

Quote:
Well, ther is a black dog running across the grounds of the castle in the UK Children's edition (back cover.) This could certainly be Sirius coming back for Harry.
Unfortunatley this is the Bloomsbury logo. I would love to see Sirius return but JK has made it quite clear that death in final.

Old April 9th, 2007, 3:36 pm
Offishul Fan Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokexdiversity View Post
He'll come back, I'm almost certain.
It would be ridiculous to have JK bring him into the series in the 3rd book, only to have him die a book and a half later, without really doing anything.
But he did do something. He gave Harry a much needed bit of hope. And then, because JKR didn't want us to get too comfy with the idea of Harry being totally happy, she killed Sirius off.

I do home he comes back in some form or another, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't- when JKR kills off a character she's not playing around. As she says, "This is pure evil we're dealing with. There's a price to be paid."

Edit: While I agree that "gone" does not always mean "dead," I feel in this case it does.

Harry flirted with Tinkerbell for about an hour before he realized that she was the new substitute DADA teacher.
And he knew how long THEY lasted.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies