Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Sirius come back

Old April 9th, 2007, 4:10 pm
First Year

Re: Will Sirius come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillbet View Post
But he did do something. He gave Harry a much needed bit of hope. And then, because JKR didn't want us to get too comfy with the idea of Harry being totally happy, she killed Sirius off.

I do home he comes back in some form or another, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't- when JKR kills off a character she's not playing around. As she says, "This is pure evil we're dealing with. There's a price to be paid."

Edit: While I agree that "gone" does not always mean "dead," I feel in this case it does.
I agree with you that "gone" does not always mean "dead," but I also agree with you that in this situation, it does. Sirius did do his job in books three, four, and five and gave Harry that sense that he did have someone close to him again. I think Jo really did kill off Sirius, but do you think there might be a way that the two-way mirror isn't a waste after all? A lot of people in this thread say that Sirius wasn't actually killed (with the Avada Kedavra curse) - which, in fact, he wasn't - so maybe Sirius is, in actuality, just stuck somewhere forever? This way there is a chance that Harry can still contact him with the mirrors in some way. Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2007, 4:14 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillbet View Post
But he did do something. He gave Harry a much needed bit of hope. And then, because JKR didn't want us to get too comfy with the idea of Harry being totally happy, she killed Sirius off.

I do home he comes back in some form or another, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't- when JKR kills off a character she's not playing around. As she says, "This is pure evil we're dealing with. There's a price to be paid."

Edit: While I agree that "gone" does not always mean "dead," I feel in this case it does.
The fact that he gave Harry hope is not much of an accomplishment. He should be a big part of harry's life seeing that he is his godfather and they are best friends

Old April 9th, 2007, 5:23 pm
First Year

I think Sirus will come back. Call me crazy but the mear idea that JK will not answer this question directly leads me to believe we have not seen the last of him. What ever the veil is I dont think it is permenent death to a person more like limbo. So I started thinking. The room in the DOM that contains Love may be important. Could it be possible that when a person goes through the veil he is in another place but under the right conditions can come back. What if Harry found himself in the Love room and discovered that he loved Sirus so much that was enough to have him come back to Harry through the love room? Out there I know.

Old April 9th, 2007, 5:35 pm
Second Year

Did anyone notice how convenient it was that, of the kids, only Harry and Neville saw Sirius die?
Both Harry and Neville could already see the Thestrals, so nothing would have changed for them if he actually died. But if Hermione, Ron, or Ginny been watching, they would have been able to see the Thestrals after he died, right?
So we really have no way of determining if he's dead or not.

Personally, I hope he isn't (I love Sirius. :P)- with both Dumbledore and Cedric's deaths, it was very clear that they died, and with Sirius, it was kind of iffy...

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old April 9th, 2007, 5:40 pm
Fifth Year

No.
He's dead and gone. JKR, I believe, said she cried writing the part, too. (Or was that the other main character she killed off .. ?.. )
JKR has said, Harry, as the story's hero, must stand alone to defeat LV. No real point in having Sirius back after the fact, I suppose.

Old April 9th, 2007, 6:01 pm
MODLY CREW

Sadly, Sirius is dead. We may see a memory of or with him, the echo of his departed soul behind the veil or something similar but I do not believe that he will return in the flesh. The reason we fans keep on speculating and hoping is the manner of his death. Seriously, drapery?

Old April 9th, 2007, 6:31 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRMLV View Post
I don't understand, did Bellatrix hit Sirius with the Avada Kedavra or was it a minor curse?
I know this comes from the first page, but I keep thinking if Sirius had been hit by a green light he would have been dead before he fell thru the veil. Now his eyes were still open and, I don't remember the mixture of looks in his eyes don't have OotP with me, they( his eyes) didn't have a dead expression in them.

'I haven't been properly dry since August!' George Weasley

[Staff edited: max. signature size = 300x300 pixels]
Old April 9th, 2007, 6:38 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime_Green View Post
Did anyone notice how convenient it was that, of the kids, only Harry and Neville saw Sirius die?
Both Harry and Neville could already see the Thestrals, so nothing would have changed for them if he actually died. But if Hermione, Ron, or Ginny been watching, they would have been able to see the Thestrals after he died, right?
So we really have no way of determining if he's dead or not.

Personally, I hope he isn't (I love Sirius. :P)- with both Dumbledore and Cedric's deaths, it was very clear that they died, and with Sirius, it was kind of iffy...
They might not have seen him the very moment he died. He might have had to completely fall through the veil in order to die.

"Another week away, my greatest fear. I need the smell of summer, I need its noises in my ears." - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light by Brand New 92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.

"You do what you love and **** the rest." - Little Miss Sunshine (as said by Dwayne [Paul Dano!!!]) 103% obsessed with Harry Potter
Old April 9th, 2007, 6:40 pm
First Year

I don't think Sirius will come back but I hope. He was by far my favorite character. They never actually say what curse hit him and other then in quotes by characters it never says that 'Sirius is dead' or anything to that effect. The characters say he is dead but the book doesn't so hmmmm. Does anyone have any thing with JKR saying that Sirius is really dead. I know she has about Dumbledore and Cedric but I haven't heard anything about Sirius.

Old April 9th, 2007, 7:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartruze View Post
I don't think Sirius will come back but I hope. He was by far my favorite character. They never actually say what curse hit him and other then in quotes by characters it never says that 'Sirius is dead' or anything to that effect. The characters say he is dead but the book doesn't so hmmmm. Does anyone have any thing with JKR saying that Sirius is really dead. I know she has about Dumbledore and Cedric but I haven't heard anything about Sirius.
According to Mugglenet that one is still open! I don't know. I know we'll see him one way or another.

'I haven't been properly dry since August!' George Weasley

[Staff edited: max. signature size = 300x300 pixels]
Old April 9th, 2007, 7:15 pm
First Year

But Nearly Headless Nick said at the end of OotP that he wouldn't come back, that he knew.

Old April 9th, 2007, 7:48 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizangemot24 View Post
But Nearly Headless Nick said at the end of OotP that he wouldn't come back, that he knew.
I thouht Nick just said he wouldn't come back as a ghost...

"Another week away, my greatest fear. I need the smell of summer, I need its noises in my ears." - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light by Brand New 92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.

"You do what you love and **** the rest." - Little Miss Sunshine (as said by Dwayne [Paul Dano!!!]) 103% obsessed with Harry Potter
Old April 9th, 2007, 7:57 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymmditch View Post
No.
He's dead and gone. JKR, I believe, said she cried writing the part, too. (Or was that the other main character she killed off .. ?.. )
JKR has said, Harry, as the story's hero, must stand alone to defeat LV. No real point in having Sirius back after the fact, I suppose.
extremely good point. If Sirius comes back though and lets say sirius and harry walk over to voldermort's house during a DE meeting. What about all the death eaters? Will Harry kill all of them to. And what about the trio?

I expect that Harry will have a moderate amount of numbers at hand but they will go for the death eaters while Harry attacks Voldermort

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.

:-) this is smily. Copy smily to spread the joy.
Old April 9th, 2007, 8:46 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoots_Girl0 View Post
Unfortunatley this is the Bloomsbury logo. I would love to see Sirius return but JK has made it quite clear that death in final.
I was just kidding about the dog...and I'm really glad he is dead. He was a great character, but he needed to go away to leave Harry on his own again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholockedupstan View Post
extremely good point. If Sirius comes back though and lets say sirius and harry walk over to voldermort's house during a DE meeting. What about all the death eaters? Will Harry kill all of them to. And what about the trio?

I expect that Harry will have a moderate amount of numbers at hand but they will go for the death eaters while Harry attacks Voldermort
Maybe to spare a lot of death and destruction, Harry will challenge Voldemort to a wizard's duel. This would explain why Harry and Voldemort are in a theatre-style picture on the cover, with a ring of people looking on while they fight. The forces of good and evil will take their seats as their respective combatants take each other on in a fight to the end.

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old April 9th, 2007, 9:10 pm
First Year

Well if Harry faces Voldermort alone he has no possible hope of winning. Voldermort could kill of harry in seconds while harry can't even use an unforgivable curse

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.

:-) this is smily. Copy smily to spread the joy.
Old April 10th, 2007, 2:22 pm
First Year

Im pretty sure I read something about Sirius' death just recently and JKR said that Sirius is gone and that he is not coming back. So she has recently squashed that rumor.

.Against Me!.Alexisonfire.Anti-Flag.Bad Religion.Billy Idol.Bon Jovi.Bouncing Souls.Catch 22.Dropkick Murphys.The Flatliners.Frenzal Rhomb.Green Day.Horrorpops.The Living End.Less than Jake.MxPx.Paramore.Pennywise.Rancid.Reel Big Fish.Rise Against.Sex Pistols.Social Distortion.Streetlight Manifesto.Strung Out.The Vandals. And so many more of these awesome bands!!
{...Not enough room to list all I'm afraid...}
Old April 10th, 2007, 3:38 pm
Offishul Fan Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkercase View Post
I think Jo really did kill off Sirius, but do you think there might be a way that the two-way mirror isn't a waste after all? A lot of people in this thread say that Sirius wasn't actually killed (with the Avada Kedavra curse) - which, in fact, he wasn't - so maybe Sirius is, in actuality, just stuck somewhere forever? This way there is a chance that Harry can still contact him with the mirrors in some way. Thoughts?
Harry believes Sirius didn't have the mirror on him when he fell through the veil, and I think that where he went the mirror would not work. Again, I think the mirror will serve as a reminder and source of regret on one level, but your question could also be interpretted thusly- will the mirror come into play again? It might. But since Harry smashed his, probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholockedupstan View Post
The fact that he gave Harry hope is not much of an accomplishment. He should be a big part of harry's life seeing that he is his godfather and they are best friends
I disagree- this kid has been through some rough times and hope is a gift to someone in his position. As to whether Sirius "should" be a part of Harry's life, well, yes- but he also "should not" have been in prison.

Rather than Harry saving Sirius, it "should" have been the other way around- every child (or teenager) deserves to be "rescued" by a parent who can guide and shelter them, help them get back on track. But, since Harry's life hasn't been that easy, the roles were reversed a bit. Harry saved Sirius and in return Sirius saved Harry by becoming the one adult in Harry's who could possibly love him the way his parents did.

All those times Harry threatened the Dursley's with Sirius's wrath, etc., that was Harry experiencing hope. He knew that as much as the Dursley's disliked him there was someone else who cared about him unconditionally. When all else fails that can be a powerful, powerful thing.

So- huge accomplishment.

Harry flirted with Tinkerbell for about an hour before he realized that she was the new substitute DADA teacher.
And he knew how long THEY lasted.
Old April 10th, 2007, 6:12 pm
First Year

Sirius is dead, I do not believe he will come back ever. Maybe in memories or something though... hmm he could be important to the story but definitely not an alive and well Sirius!!!

Old April 10th, 2007, 7:06 pm
Fourth Year

Didn't Jo mention that we would hear about the 2 way mirror again. I can't remember where she mentioned it. I doubt we will see sirius in the flesh again but there may be some communication through the mirrors

No words can describe the beauty of Australia

avatar thanks to m_kelbell on photobucket
Old April 10th, 2007, 7:08 pm
Second Year

Yeah, JKR mentioned the mirrors again,
but she also has stressed that death is always final, even in the wizarding world.

She sure has been unclear about it, though...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies