Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Sirius come back

Old April 10th, 2007, 7:45 pm
Offishul Fan Girl

Re: Will Sirius come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime_Green View Post
Yeah, JKR mentioned the mirrors again,
but she also has stressed that death is always final, even in the wizarding world.

She sure has been unclear about it, though...
No, the words "death is always final, even in the wizarding world" are pretty clear.

I know what you mean- I don't think she ever really says "Sirius" and "dead" in the same sentence.

Harry flirted with Tinkerbell for about an hour before he realized that she was the new substitute DADA teacher.
And he knew how long THEY lasted.
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2007, 2:32 am
Third Year

Why else would JK give us a mirror, for aesthetic appeal? Hmm. I just think we have to see him beyond the veil and through the mirror. If not, then how else will we know how Sirius is doing and the secrets behind the Magic World? These are books of adventure. "Death is but the next great adventure" and I would like to know what happens next. This isn't real life here, it's fiction.

So, as a reader of fiction I would like to know what happens next and where a former significant character has gone. This isn't mystery.

And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

Alice in Wonderland

Old April 11th, 2007, 2:40 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

It's be awesome if Sirius could come baack from behind the veil. We don't know much about it, so I guess it could be a possiblity. Maybe....

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old April 11th, 2007, 2:59 am
First Year

I think it is pretty clear that Sirius Black fell through the veil, not a random giant hole or well. As to the curse Bellatrix Lestrange hit Sirius with, it was not the Avada Kedavra. I think I remember the book saying that he was stunned, and he fell through the veil, considering he could not have avoided it. JKR also would have noted in the book if Sirius had died before he went through the veil.

Harry coming upon the veil, definetly serves a purpose other than the fact that Sirius goes through it. It probably will come up again in Deathly Hallows. I have had many theories as to what many of the things Harry comes upon in the series mean. The veil, is the passage between life and death. It does not however, signify the end. I do believe that Sirius will come back to help Harry in the last book. If you read the Spinners End forum, #23 i believe, you will see why. I had my theories before reading this, however after reading the in depth research of Lady Lupin, my theories have been confirmed. Sirius will most likely contact or come back to Harry on Halloween. If you do read this particular Spinners End, you will see exactly why.

Old April 11th, 2007, 3:11 am
Second Year

I like to hope that everyone considers going through the Veil as death, because nobody knows for sure what happens.

Obviously that begs the question, why is it in the Ministry??? Even though it is there, obviously no one has been able to explore the Veil then document it.

I think the characters might associate the Veil with death because there is no other way to explain what has happened to those on the other side.

I've always had a theory that there is something on the other side that keeps those who go through it there. Maybe it puts them in some sort of trance or spell where they are unable to comprehend where they are or makes them not want to leave or incapable of doing so.

So with all that said, I hope their is a chance that Sirius may still be alive...

Old April 11th, 2007, 3:22 am
First Year

i think that sirius will come back because he will come and help harry with all of what they are dealing with in the next one. :

Old April 11th, 2007, 5:28 am
Third Year

Dead is dead. The dead cannot return to the world of the living.

Yet I want to believe that Sirius will come back to help Harry a bit. His going was all too sudden--there were still many things left unsaid.

But I can't think of any way for a dead man to converse with one of the living. I doubt the veil has that particular magical property. I believe that when somebody dies, a veil of sorts is placed before them, and they can never again go behind it and converse and do all that stuff that living people can. Death is too much of a barrier to cross. And it is one-way.

But I can't help but hope that we will get to see him again. *sob*

Old April 11th, 2007, 5:37 am
First Year

Quote:
I think it is pretty clear that Sirius Black fell through the veil, not a random giant hole or well. As to the curse Bellatrix Lestrange hit Sirius with, it was not the Avada Kedavra. I think I remember the book saying that he was stunned, and he fell through the veil, considering he could not have avoided it. JKR also would have noted in the book if Sirius had died before he went through the veil.
The first curse Bellatrix used on him was a Stunner, which we can assume because it was a red jet of light. The second one was unidentified.

Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 35 page 805Only one couple were still battling, apparently unaware of the new arrival. Harry saw Sirius duck Bellatrix's jet of red light: He was laughing at her. "Come on, you can do better than that!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavernous room.

The second jet of light hit him squarely in the chest.

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain'--
'The Boy Who Scored'-- whatever they call you these days."

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Old April 11th, 2007, 9:44 am
First Year

My thinking is that Harry will recover the mirror Sirius had and return to the Ministry. There he will toss it into the veil, hoping that Sirius will receive it, thus allowing them to communicate. That's if he isn't dead or the veil somehow makes/allows a connection with the dead.

Meh, it sounded better in my head.

Old April 11th, 2007, 10:06 am
Second Year

I believe any interaction that Harry will have with Sirius will occur if Harry actually passes through the veil himself. Who knows if Harry dies or not, but I'm pretty sure Sirius isn't coming back into the real world anytime soon.

Old April 11th, 2007, 12:14 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasfres
I believe any interaction that Harry will have with Sirius will occur if Harry actually passes through the veil himself. Who knows if Harry dies or not, but I'm pretty sure Sirius isn't coming back into the real world anytime soon.
I agree that Sirius would not be coming back in living form because the Veil was located in the Death Chamber which means that it is a form of gateway between two worlds - living and dead. Sirius had crossed a certain threshold and had fallen into the other side. Then there's the issue of Harry hearing whispers around the Veil. Maybe the dead were speaking to him, and I can see not only Sirius, but Harry's parents and Dumbledore communicating with him by means of the Veil, after all, it was located in an ampitheatre-like room with sitting arrangement, enabling others to sit to hear what the dead are saying. We'll be seeing more of the Veil by making Harry visit the Death Room again.
As much as I would want Sirius to be alive, I think he's gone for good (wasn't there a quote by Jo confirming his death?). Sirius, Dumbledore, James and Lily Potter's deaths were a requirement - Harry's protectors needed to be eliminated for him to finish the task he was destined for alone. But their deaths are definitely significant in Harry's quest and they might be able to help in a way they were incapable of when they were alive.

Dance Pretty
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:46 pm
First Year

I think we will see Sirius and Dumbledore somewhere in the 7th book, even if it's just a memory to help Harry in the final battle. Both of their deaths are suspisious, if you read them through carefully, with common sense and logic.

Old April 11th, 2007, 2:30 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avada_Kills View Post

Harry coming upon the veil, definetly serves a purpose other than the fact that Sirius goes through it. It probably will come up again in Deathly Hallows. I have had many theories as to what many of the things Harry comes upon in the series mean. The veil, is the passage between life and death. It does not however, signify the end. I do believe that Sirius will come back to help Harry in the last book. If you read the Spinners End forum, #23 i believe, you will see why. I had my theories before reading this, however after reading the in depth research of Lady Lupin, my theories have been confirmed. Sirius will most likely contact or come back to Harry on Halloween. If you do read this particular Spinners End, you will see exactly why.
This might be a silly question, but what is this Spinners End forum? Is it a topic here?

'I haven't been properly dry since August!' George Weasley

[Staff edited: max. signature size = 300x300 pixels]
Old April 11th, 2007, 6:15 pm
First Year

Quote:
This might be a silly question, but what is this Spinners End forum? Is it a topic here?
It is an editorial at Mugglenet. You can find it here: Spinner's End #23

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain'--
'The Boy Who Scored'-- whatever they call you these days."

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Old April 11th, 2007, 6:39 pm
Sixth Year

I think we will see Sirius in some form in DH, much like we will see Dumbledore in some form. I don't think we'll see Sirius in a living form, but maybe something akin to Prori Incantenum.

Prophecy 2007!

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

Old April 11th, 2007, 10:18 pm
First Year

Extremely good theories people!

Keep Posting!!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.

:-) this is smily. Copy smily to spread the joy.
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:24 pm
Second Year

As much as i wish he would, sirius won't come back. take it from Nearly Headless Nick who, a ghost himself, said sirius would not come back.

Old April 12th, 2007, 1:33 am
Fourth Year

But does anybody really know what happens when you fall through the veil? Has anybody actually done that before? My thinking is that when you die, you wind up in this underworld behind the veil. Sirius "died" in such a bizarre way, I don't think it's like a normal death. I don't know if Sirius will come back, but Harry should be able to see him and Dumbledore when he figures out how to penetrate the veil.

SPLISH SPLASH HARRY'S TAKING' A BATH!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"What are you doing, Potter?" said Snape coldly as ever, as he strode over to the four of them.
"I'm trying to decide what curse to use on Malfoy, sir," said Harry fiercely.
Old April 12th, 2007, 3:08 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivyagogo View Post
But does anybody really know what happens when you fall through the veil? Has anybody actually done that before? My thinking is that when you die, you wind up in this underworld behind the veil. Sirius "died" in such a bizarre way, I don't think it's like a normal death. I don't know if Sirius will come back, but Harry should be able to see him and Dumbledore when he figures out how to penetrate the veil.
I don't the veil will every be fully explained. I mean, if its in the Department of Mysteries, then they don't even know what's going on. I don't know if that's a mystery that will ever be solved. But the real question maybe shouldn't be if Sirius is coming back, but what type of the death the Veil really is.

Old April 12th, 2007, 3:21 am
First Year

This whole "veil" thing is one of the most interesting mysteries in the whole series to me.

I think the veil is perhaps, as many people have mentioned, a sort of passage between the world of the living and the world of the dead.
I also wonder...if you can go through it from one side, why can't you come through it from the other side? If it is fact a door of some kind, then you should be able to enter and exit freely.

Perhaps this has something to do with Halloween? All Hallows Eve is supposed to be the night when the fine separation of living and dead is most vulnerable; when people on the other side can most easily contact the living. Maybe Sirius can come back through the veil on Halloween, but Halloween only? I don't know.

I do suggest Spinner's End #23 though, which reinforced my thinking about Sirius being able to return through the veil. It's a good theory.

-peace/love-
Regina George
Rockstar Royalty

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies