Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3



 
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old April 16th, 2007, 10:46 pm
anabel's Avatar
anabel  Undisclosed.gif anabel is offline
Member of the Order
 
Joined: 5075 days
Location: Godric's Hollow
Posts: 9,184
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runes View Post
I think it said once in the books that the doorway to Dumbledore's office has two stone halves which slam shut.. that doorway looks too narrow to have two halves of it shut.
The entrance to Dumbledore's office is concealed in the wall, behind the Griffin. Rather than a door, the wall just opens up.


__________________
So long and thanks for all the fish!
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old April 16th, 2007, 10:50 pm
LeiaShadow's Avatar
LeiaShadow  Female.gif LeiaShadow is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 4231 days
Location: indescribable
Age: 27
Posts: 351
Re: Snake in ball & skeeter in jar

Good ideas. I didn't think to connect Rita-in-jar to the snake-in-ball on the UK cover. I don't think that it will be as simple to trap it in a ball so that Hermione can do it, but maybe some advanced magic will happen and he'll get caught in there somehow... I can see it happening, yes.


__________________
He turned to her, tears in his eyes. "This is my place of shame. I worked very hard to make sure your name would not be here."
"Is that what you tell yourself? There's no shame here, Bean. There's only love. And that's why I belong here--with the other lonely girls who gave their hearts to you."
Bean turned to her, put his arms around her, and wept into her shoulder. He had grown, to stand tall enough for that. ---Shadow of the Hegemon, Orson Scott Card
  #63  
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:42 pm
AnnaSofia  Female.gif AnnaSofia is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 4172 days
Location: Greece
Age: 37
Posts: 114
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

I was thinking about that snake in ball and i had one idea. If LV would be an animagus then the animal he'd choose that would be snake. So the snake in the ball might be him. He would be traped there forever & that would be worse fate than death. And Harry will never use AK to kill him.
Couldn't that happen???


__________________
  #64  
Old April 17th, 2007, 1:51 am
RWeasleysgirl's Avatar
RWeasleysgirl  Female.gif RWeasleysgirl is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4441 days
Location: The floating house above you.
Age: 26
Posts: 2,618
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

That’s possible, but there have been so many unregistered animagi before that I’m not sure if it’s getting a bit hackneyed. The maurauders and Rita were enough.

And I’m pretty sure that you don’t choose your animagus form, it’s like a reflection on your personality. I’m sure he would still be a snake, though.


__________________
Ron

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
  #65  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:01 am
HermioneLuvsRon  Female.gif HermioneLuvsRon is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 5153 days
Location: Pitts of the Burgh
Age: 27
Posts: 1,471
Re: Snake in ball & skeeter in jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaShadow View Post
Good ideas. I didn't think to connect Rita-in-jar to the snake-in-ball on the UK cover. I don't think that it will be as simple to trap it in a ball so that Hermione can do it, but maybe some advanced magic will happen and he'll get caught in there somehow... I can see it happening, yes.
It's the PokeBall!
They were talking about that on MuggleCast, haha.

On one of the recent podcasts, they were analyzing the children's UK cover...Now I'm not a fan of the first part of the theory, I don't actually think it's what's happening but, here goes:
They thought that the clouds that are on the back may be from the Forbidden Forest on fire.

..That's what I don't think happens, but IF IT DID..

Do you think that the forest being on fire would be motivation for the centaurs to join the war or final battle on Harry's and the good's side? I think it would take a lot for them to join, they "don't care about anything closer than the moon" (Hagrid) and also don't like humans that much...But I think that something that directly affected them would inspire them to join the battle.

Any thoughts? Or am I crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeasleysgirl View Post
It could just be the fake locket hes wearing. He did keep it, didnt he?
If the art on the US cover is the final battle between Voldemort and Harry, it could be either the fake or real one, right?

Assuming it was the final battle, do you think it would be the real one (to show Voldemort that he has destroyed all of his Horcruxes and..to simply torture him) or the fake one (...maybe to torture him even MORE [teehe], or he could be wearing it as homage to Dumbledore)?


__________________


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."
  #66  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:06 am
RWeasleysgirl's Avatar
RWeasleysgirl  Female.gif RWeasleysgirl is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4441 days
Location: The floating house above you.
Age: 26
Posts: 2,618
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

That’s very possible. Unfortunately the centaurs would not be the only creatures who would be affected if the forest burned down. Perhaps other human-like creatures (if there are any) would be inspired to join as well.


__________________
Ron

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
  #67  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:13 am
TDawg_0016  Male.gif TDawg_0016 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4183 days
Location: Marble Falls, Texas
Age: 28
Posts: 65
Re: Snake in ball & skeeter in jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermioneLuvsRon View Post
Do you think that the forest being on fire would be motivation for the centaurs to join the war or final battle on Harry's and the good's side? I think it would take a lot for them to join, they "don't care about anything closer than the moon" (Hagrid) and also don't like humans that much...But I think that something that directly affected them would inspire them to join the battle.

Any thoughts? Or am I crazy?
I think that's a very plausible theory. It would most likely take something of that magnitude to draw them into open conflict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermoineLuvsRon View Post
If the art on the US cover is the final battle between Voldemort and Harry, it could be either the fake or real one, right?

Assuming it was the final battle, do you think it would be the real one (to show Voldemort that he has destroyed all of his Horcruxes and..to simply torture him) or the fake one (...maybe to torture him even MORE [teehe], or he could be wearing it as homage to Dumbledore)?
When you look at the picture, there is no locket. It is what appears to be a brown leather bag with a drawstring-type top, it is not flashy, nor is it metal. There are several theories that have been proposed as to what is in the bag, most of which were presented in v1 and v2 of this thread. Basically, it could be protective, symbolic, or sentimental to Harry.


__________________
"The greatest joy in a man's life is not the pursuit of happiness, but the single, solitary moment in which that happiness is achieved." -Tyler Lorenz-

"Sin wouldn't be so popular if its wages were paid immediately." -Anonymous-

"All gave some. Some gave all. Some are still giving. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!"

~God Bless~
  #68  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:14 am
HermioneLuvsRon  Female.gif HermioneLuvsRon is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 5153 days
Location: Pitts of the Burgh
Age: 27
Posts: 1,471
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeasleysgirl View Post
Thats very possible. Unfortunately the centaurs would not be the only creatures who would be affected if the forest burned down. Perhaps other human-like creatures (if there are any) would be inspired to join as well.
Yes, I suppose they wouldn't be the only creatures affected. I guess if there were any that weren't so keen to join the humans or the battle they would also be inspired. That's super thinking right there!

I was also wondering if anyone thought if what the locket is sitting on in the UK adult cover might be important? Or is it more of just a background?
I don't think it's that important but you know..you never know.

It kind of looks like a rock or something hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDawg_0016 View Post
When you look at the picture, there is no locket. It is what appears to be a brown leather bag with a drawstring-type top, it is not flashy, nor is it metal. There are several theories that have been proposed as to what is in the bag, most of which were presented in v1 and v2 of this thread. Basically, it could be protective, symbolic, or sentimental to Harry.
What I meant to say was that the locket was IN the pouch. How could you not see that? So obvious. .

I think I originally thought that it looked like a pouch but somehow I forgot about that..Maybe it does have the locket it in or the ring? I suppose it could have magic dust that..does something..magical.

The ring could be given to him by someone as something of Dumbledore's. Whatever it is, I think it might have something to do with Dumbledore. Besides being something that Dumbledore owned, it would remind Harry of his "impossible task" and motivate him to complete it.


__________________


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."
  #69  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:27 am
RWeasleysgirl's Avatar
RWeasleysgirl  Female.gif RWeasleysgirl is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4441 days
Location: The floating house above you.
Age: 26
Posts: 2,618
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

It is the same shape of the necklace on the adult cover, though. I’m thinking it is the necklace but the shading of the drawing as well as the desire not to make it too prominent is making it less detailed.


__________________
Ron

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
  #70  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:28 am
TDawg_0016  Male.gif TDawg_0016 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4183 days
Location: Marble Falls, Texas
Age: 28
Posts: 65
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermioneLuvsRon View Post
What I meant to say was that the locket was IN the pouch. How could you not see that? So obvious. .

I think I originally thought that it looked like a pouch but somehow I forgot about that..Maybe it does have the locket it in or the ring? I suppose it could have magic dust that..does something..magical.

The ring could be given to him by someone as something of Dumbledore's. Whatever it is, I think it might have something to do with Dumbledore. Besides being something that Dumbledore owned, it would remind Harry of his "impossible task" and motivate him to complete it.
Of course, now that you put it like that... I personally liked the ring idea, its about the right size, and would symbolize something of Slytherins that Harry could almost parade over him (not that he would ever taunt Voldemort ). So would the locket, which would also fulfill the fact that Harry had destroyed all the Horcruxes (if that is in fact what happens).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeasleysgirl View Post
It is the same shape of the necklace on the adult cover, though. Im thinking it is the necklace but the shading of the drawing as well as the desire not to make it too prominent is making it less detailed.
Ya, but why pick brown as the color if it is indeed the locket? and look at the top of the pouch when you zoom in, there is a shape that isnt like any locket ive ever seen, where the drawstring goes through.


__________________
"The greatest joy in a man's life is not the pursuit of happiness, but the single, solitary moment in which that happiness is achieved." -Tyler Lorenz-

"Sin wouldn't be so popular if its wages were paid immediately." -Anonymous-

"All gave some. Some gave all. Some are still giving. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!"

~God Bless~
  #71  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:35 am
HermioneLuvsRon  Female.gif HermioneLuvsRon is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 5153 days
Location: Pitts of the Burgh
Age: 27
Posts: 1,471
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDawg_0016 View Post
Of course, now that you put it like that... I personally liked the ring idea, its about the right size, and would symbolize something of Slytherins that Harry could almost parade over him (not that he would ever taunt Voldemort ). So would the locket, which would also fulfill the fact that Harry had destroyed all the Horcruxes (if that is in fact what happens).
Yeah, I sort of came up with that ring idea on the spot. I liked it too. OF COURSE Harry will destory all of the Horcruxes, what else could happen?! Silly!

Quote:
Ya, but why pick brown as the color if it is indeed the locket? and look at the top of the pouch when you zoom in, there is a shape that isnt like any locket ive ever seen, where the drawstring goes through.
Yeah, there is a little triangle/rhombus? shaped thing on top.


__________________


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate."
  #72  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:38 am
RWeasleysgirl's Avatar
RWeasleysgirl  Female.gif RWeasleysgirl is offline
Hogwarts Graduate
 
Joined: 4441 days
Location: The floating house above you.
Age: 26
Posts: 2,618
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDawg_0016 View Post

Ya, but why pick brown as the color if it is indeed the locket? and look at the top of the pouch when you zoom in, there is a shape that isnt like any locket ive ever seen, where the drawstring goes through.
To make it blend in? I dont know, it could be a pouch.


__________________
Ron

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
  #73  
Old April 17th, 2007, 2:55 am
TDawg_0016  Male.gif TDawg_0016 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4183 days
Location: Marble Falls, Texas
Age: 28
Posts: 65
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermioneLuvsRon View Post
Yeah, I sort of came up with that ring idea on the spot. I liked it too. OF COURSE Harry will destory all of the Horcruxes, what else could happen?! Silly!
Well, Harry could destroy all but one... then someone could kill LV, and Harry could keep the last horcrux under wraps, keeping Lv in a not-alive but not-dead situation that is 'worse than death'...


__________________
"The greatest joy in a man's life is not the pursuit of happiness, but the single, solitary moment in which that happiness is achieved." -Tyler Lorenz-

"Sin wouldn't be so popular if its wages were paid immediately." -Anonymous-

"All gave some. Some gave all. Some are still giving. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!"

~God Bless~
  #74  
Old April 17th, 2007, 3:03 am
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 5092 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,960
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDawg_0016 View Post
Well, Harry could destroy all but one... then someone could kill LV, and Harry could keep the last horcrux under wraps, keeping Lv in a not-alive but not-dead situation that is 'worse than death'...
That doesn't seem like a feasible ending to me. Voldemort could just possess someone else, get a new body, etc. etc. etc. I think the whole point is to get rid of Voldemort once and for all.

By the way, I think whatever is in the pouch is something Harry found at Godric's Hollow, perhaps something from Lily. Or perhaps Petunia had some things of Lily's all these years and gives them to Harry.


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....
  #75  
Old April 17th, 2007, 3:11 am
charmedp7  Female.gif charmedp7 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4165 days
Location: Ontario
Age: 26
Posts: 46
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Alright, so I've been speculating about the cover art just as everyone else has. I kept asking myself the same thing: "Where are they? Why are they in Gringrotts? What are they grabbing at?" All of that, for the UK edition though. I've been paying more attention to that one just because it has more detail and I haven't been able to come up with a suitable theory or argument for the US children's.
So anyways, I started looking at the UK children's from a little bit of a different perspective. I got to thinking that maybe each of the trio, (Ron, Hermione and Harry) are repesenting different parts of the book. For instance, we see Ron, who looks very scared in my opinion. He definetly seems to be wanting to get away from whatever he sees. Then Hermione seems like she's trying to grab at all this gold and treasure, and she looks down right flustered. And then Harry of course, who has nothing but pure determination on his face. All three of them seem to be showing a certian emotion that will quite possibly be important, if anything, in the final book.
I don't know how many of you will be keen on this idea...
As for the gold, I think this simply represents their horcrux hunt. The way that Hermione is trying to hold on to or grab something gave me the idea. As well as, once again, all the three emtions I previously explained by the whole trio.
We all know that there is no doubt that the horcrux hunt will be a challenge. I personally can't see how it wont be. I'm not trying to underestimate our young wizards and witch, quite on the contrary...I definetly think they will succeed in destroying all the horcruxes.
I think that all the gold and whatnot in this "vault" (or whatever it is) represents their struggle to find the actual horcruxes. As I said, it will be a touh job and they will probably be confused with all these things Voldemort could have made into one of his horcruxes.
Well, let me know if you think anything of this crackpot (or maybe not) theory, I'd like to expand on it some more once i get more brain waves.


__________________
"...death is but the next great adventure"
A.Dumbledore
  #76  
Old April 17th, 2007, 4:29 am
hpaddict713  Female.gif hpaddict713 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4217 days
Posts: 6
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

I think you have a really good point charmedp7. I also agree that Gringotts is a highly likely place they could be located at.

What does anyone make of the symbol on the top of the spine of the UK childrens edition?


  #77  
Old April 17th, 2007, 4:41 am
estival7  Undisclosed.gif estival7 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 5713 days
Posts: 77
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "cover art" but there's a picture of a descending stairway in one of the posters by Scholastic.

Site: http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/dis...bum=2102&pos=2

The first thing I thought of was DD's office and the second is one of Hogwart's stairways, such as the one where TMR was standing at in the movie version of CoS while Mytle was being carried down the stairs...


  #78  
Old April 17th, 2007, 7:29 am
Loka  Female.gif Loka is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 4140 days
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Hi! *first post*

i have been following this particular thread for a while and its great, but I have another impression considering the "snake in a ball" detail...



This is the image were talking about, right? To me, it looks like some part of an armour, a shield for the chest, and a helmet. They dont seem to belong to the general "treasure" but maybe to the sword the elf is holding...?

What do you think?


  #79  
Old April 17th, 2007, 8:20 am
Silkeng  Female.gif Silkeng is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 5513 days
Location: Behind the Veil
Age: 42
Posts: 434
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka View Post
Hi! *first post*

i have been following this particular thread for a while and its great, but I have another impression considering the "snake in a ball" detail...
Actually I believe the snake in the ball is on the back cover of the UK childrens addtion.

I have also been overanalyzing that pouch/locket/whatever around harry's neck in the US version. I have never seen Harry as the boasting type, I don't think he would bring a horcrux just to rub it in Voldemort's nose. I have never seen him wear jewelry of any type, so it seems a bit out of character if it was a locket and not a pouch. I know this is a special locket, but if it isn't useful to harry, then I don't see any need to wear it. If Harry needed to bring the destroyed horcrux with him, that would make more sense, but wouldn't he have to bring them all then? Wouldn't Dumbledore have told him this important detail?

Also, I had thought that the thing around his neck was some sort of protection or help. I am not sure something that Voldemort made would ever be helpful or protect harry. It could be something Hermione made? or Dumbledore left for harry in case of the final battle. It is a part of the image that bothers me alot.


__________________
If trusting Severus is wrong...



Then I don't wish to be right!
  #80  
Old April 17th, 2007, 9:33 am
daniel2099  Male.gif daniel2099 is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 4893 days
Posts: 545
Re: Deathly Hallows Cover Art - Plot Speculation v.3

has anyone talked about the text on the uk kids cover ?


 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 5:41 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.