Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

What is Harry's future career?

Old April 13th, 2007, 11:35 am
First Year

What is Harry's future career?

WARNING: This is a spoiler free area. For all Deathly Hallows discussion, please head to The Deathly Hallows Forum. Any posts in this thread that are considered to be spoilers shall be deleted by staff. Thank you.

Considering harry survives the battle between him and voldemort, what will harry grow up to be?
he's always wanted to become an Auror... but he's not even that good at transfiguration and his grades are mediocre... but there may be a possibility that he'll stay in Hogwarts and teach...
what do you think....?

greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies...
- tom riddle

Last edited by Pegasus; July 13th, 2007 at 7:24 pm. Reason: removed 'note to mods'
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2007, 12:42 pm
First Year

Re: what is harry's future career?

I've always thought he should be a Proffesor at Hogwarts. The future DADA professor.

Old April 13th, 2007, 1:04 pm
First Year

Yeah but he's a bit like Voldemort in the respect that he hasn't got the life experience to teach. DD sent V away & told him to come back in a few years, Of course, we know he had no intension of giving him a job, but the point I'm trying to make is that I just don't think he's knowledgeable enough.

Here's to the sanest person in the wizarding world
Old April 13th, 2007, 2:28 pm
Student

I like the idea of Harry being an Auror. If he applied himself more in his schoolwork, than he could be one.

Old April 13th, 2007, 4:31 pm
First Year

Harry will become a good will ambassador
for hogwarts school.

Ger

"If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand,it is love".
HPASSpg 299.
Old April 13th, 2007, 5:55 pm
Third Year

Auror, hopefully.

Old April 13th, 2007, 5:58 pm
Second Year

Re: What is Harry's future career?

I thnk he could be an unspeakable working in the love room in the DoM, especially if he defeats voldemort with love.

Old April 13th, 2007, 6:29 pm
Third Year

Harry really wants to be an Auror, so I think that he will try to get to that, but then he needs to go back to school, and do what he needs to do, then he will become an Auror.

Old April 13th, 2007, 6:51 pm
First Year

where did the love room come from-is it confirmed by jk? is it the locked door room?
and i agree he should be an unspeakable-its probably too late for him to be an auror coz he said he would not go back to hogwarts(no hogwarts! it wont feel right!) sum people seem to think he could go back, it was confirmed at the end of book 6 though.

A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again.

Life is hard. Itís even harder if youíre stupid.

Perhaps the best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.

When all else fails, read the instructions.
Old April 13th, 2007, 6:54 pm
Third Year

Harry will be an aurorer, in practice if not in name. Even if the Ministry does not hand him the license and say "now you are a Ministry aurorer", Harry will go out and kill DEs anyway. It's all he's ever wanted to do.

Old April 13th, 2007, 7:01 pm
First Year

1. An Auror
2. Hogwarts professor - DADA
3. Unspeakable
4. Private practice DADA
5. Minister of Magic
6. Professional Quidditch player

Old April 13th, 2007, 7:10 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaShadow View Post
Harry will be an aurorer, in practice if not in name. Even if the Ministry does not hand him the license and say "now you are a Ministry aurorer", Harry will go out and kill DEs anyway. It's all he's ever wanted to do.
He might not need to go out, the DEs will probably chase him for killing Voldemort. Perhaps he will kill them in his spare time after he has finished his days work as an unspeakable to try and find a better way of killing them (with love).

Old April 13th, 2007, 7:16 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterbuff View Post
Yeah but he's a bit like Voldemort in the respect that he hasn't got the life experience to teach. DD sent V away & told him to come back in a few years, Of course, we know he had no intension of giving him a job, but the point I'm trying to make is that I just don't think he's knowledgeable enough.
How much experience do you need? Considering Harry survives, killing Voldemort and all the trouble he has gone through in the books should be enough.

Old April 13th, 2007, 7:25 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveg89 View Post
How much experience do you need? Considering Harry survives, killing Voldemort and all the trouble he has gone through in the books should be enough.
True.

But would Harry really be content to sit around teaching DADA when there is real DADA out in the world still left to do? When he was feeling content teaching the D.A. how to defend themselves, part of it was because he enjoyed seeing their progress, yes, but I think a lot of it was because by teaching his peers to fight DEs he was doing something to fight the Dark Arts. He was training an army to fight the bad guys.

Old April 13th, 2007, 7:26 pm
First Year

Well I personally think that he may still become an auror. Sure his marks are pretty mediocre but his only problem is potions.

If he manages to survive the last book (which isn't still set in stone) I think he would still become one. They would probably consider all the times he faced Voldemort and the spells he knows and stuff! If they do they have a good chance

Girls can kick butt too!
Old April 13th, 2007, 7:30 pm
First Year

Good question! If Harry goes back to Hogwarts I think he will be an Auror. There's a strong possibility too that he might end up a professor but I think that would come only after having satisfied his need to make the wizarding world safer. I just don't think the life of a professor is challenging enough for him. If he does go back to Hogwarts though, he will have McGonogall there to help him and remember she said she would do whatever it takes to make him one. I guess the real question is it depends on if he goes back to school or not. By the way, where DID the love room idea come from? I have never heard of it.

Old April 13th, 2007, 7:32 pm
First Year

After reading the first few books, I always thought that Harry would be Headmaster of Hogwarts if Dumbledore died - I mean, Harry says he only ever felt at home at Hogwarts. The whole Harry Potter series is around the school theme (7 books, 7 years). It'll be a very sad moment if Harry ever has to say goodbye to Hogwarts completely.

However, when this new idea of being an Auror appeared, Harry seemed to want that.
But however much Harry might want it, he doesn't seem to have his heart in it. I may be wrong, but I think Harry is dreading leaving Hogwarts, and I think that his love for Hogwarts will overcome his ambition for catching dark wizards.
After all, if he was asked what career he wanted, he'd look pretty stupid saying 'Headmaster of Hogwarts' when Dumbledore was still around.

Assuming Harry lives long enough to have a future career, of course

proud gryffindor
Old April 13th, 2007, 7:33 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylink View Post
Good question! If Harry goes back to Hogwarts I think he will be an Auror. There's a strong possibility too that he might end up a professor but I think that would come only after having satisfied his need to make the wizarding world safer. I just don't think the life of a professor is challenging enough for him. If he does go back to Hogwarts though, he will have McGonogall there to help him and remember she said she would do whatever it takes to make him one. I guess the real question is it depends on if he goes back to school or not. By the way, where DID the love room idea come from? I have never heard of it.
Oh yeah, we shouldn't forget that McGonagall vowed to make him an aurorer no matter what. I thought that little speech of hers would come to nothing but obviously it probably could be very important.

Dumbledore told Harry at the end of OotP that there is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is always kept locked, and it contains love. More evidence of how powerful love is--it's got to be kept in a locked room!

Old April 13th, 2007, 7:45 pm
First Year

He'll probably become and Auror even if he doesn't have the standards. Defeating Voldemort will be enough to ensure that he is Auror material. Heck, he's already proved it.

Old April 17th, 2007, 7:33 pm
First Year

I was re-reading OotP, and Dobby makes a prediction that Harry Potter will become the Minister of Magic. After all, if he lives, he'll no longer be "The Boy Who Lived" but the "Man Who Lived."

BUT, don't forget, Harry's favorite thing in the world is being on his Firebolt. I think he'll be a pro Quidditch player, like Oliver Wood.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies