Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

What is Harry's future career?

Old April 17th, 2007, 8:54 pm
Fourth Year

Re: what is harry's future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterbuff View Post
Yeah but he's a bit like Voldemort in the respect that he hasn't got the life experience to teach. DD sent V away & told him to come back in a few years, Of course, we know he had no intension of giving him a job, but the point I'm trying to make is that I just don't think he's knowledgeable enough.
I thought that was more of an excuseto get rid of Tom as DD didn't trust him. Harry could be the DADA professor if he survives he'll have more experience than anyone in the planet. If surviving a war doesn't give you life experience I don't know what will.

No words can describe the beauty of Australia

avatar thanks to m_kelbell on photobucket
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2007, 9:19 pm
Second Year

Re: What is Harry's future career?

Doesn't he want to become an auror? If he lives, then I think he'll try to be an auror, if he can't do that, then a Quidditch player.
Quote:
I was re-reading OotP, and Dobby makes a prediction that Harry Potter will become the Minister of Magic. After all, if he lives, he'll no longer be "The Boy Who Lived" but the "Man Who Lived."
That wouldn't be too bad either, he'd be an improvement over all the ministers that want to keep their positions, he'd give the real facts.

Old April 17th, 2007, 9:20 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane_magorian View Post
but there may be a possibility that he'll stay in Hogwarts and teach...
what do you think....?
well, considering the following quote from rowling herself...
Kathleen: Anyway, it's very exciting; we just love Harry Potter, so we're curious - well - first of all we can't wait for books four, five, six and seven [JKR: OK], but after that, we're curious as to whether Harry is going to have a life after Hogwarts? Or if maybe Harry might be a Hogwarts teacher?

JKR: Erm, well, because all your kids said hello so nicely in the background there, I'm going to give you information I haven't given anyone else, and I will tell you that one of the characters - er - one of - one of Harry's class mates, though it's not Harry himself, does end up a teacher at Hogwarts, but it is not maybe the one you'd think - hint, hint, hint! So, yes one of them does end up staying at Hogwarts, but - erm ...

i would say that it's safe to say that harry will not be a hogwarts professor.

Quote:
he's always wanted to become an Auror... but he's not even that good at transfiguration and his grades are mediocre...
i would think that harry becoming an auror might actually be a fairly decent bet. rowling has been quoted as saying that harry has amassed more knowledge than he thinks he has. i know that she was referring to how exactly it would be possible for him to defeat voldemort, but that would kind of go hand-in-hand with possessing the skills to be a dark witch/wizard hunter, now, wouldn't it? of course, there is the issue that harry may not finish school and i am not sure of the 'requirements' of the job as far as that goes. i know they require certain n.e.w.t. grades, but what else? i don't have my books, so forgive me if the info is in there somewhere and i am missing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGHPRW View Post
That wouldn't be too bad either, he'd be an improvement over all the ministers that want to keep their positions, he'd give the real facts.
i agree that harry would be a much more honest and hard-working minister than some we have seen. however, i don't know what harry possesses the skills necessary [or maybe has the right personality is more the words i am looking for, i don't know...] to become a politician. although he is a natural born leader in many ways [as we saw with the da] i just don't necessarily see him as the exact right one for the job. then again, there are many politicians who fit the description as not the 'exact right one[s] for the job', so maybe harry will be alright, after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGHPRW View Post
...then a Quidditch player.
i just don't know that i see this happening. harry was a very good seeker and an even better flyer, yes, but this was at the secondary school level. harry also has not played, now, for quite sometime...he took time off in gof, ootp, and will now presumably not be returning to school for year 7. even if he were, i doubt that playing quidditch would be on his list of things to accomplish. if harry were going to go pro, i would think we would show him more actively involved in it, so that that career choice would make sense.

furthermore, harry has never really shown any genuine interest, in my opinion, in seeking a professionaly job in quidditch. with the choices he has made [to fight voldemort rather than succomb to him, being brave in the face of amazingly terrifying situations] show me that harry will want a profession that allows him to remain more, i don't know, involved in the safety of the wizarding community. i just don't see him satisifed with what playing quidditch would do for him. not that it's not honorable to be a pro athlete, it's just that it's not something i see harry settling into.

i guess this is why i think something along the lines of an auror makes the most sense.

"Why does everyone in L.A. dress like they are from some horrible version of the future?"

Ahhh, words of wisdom from MGG

Mark my words, MGG is PURE GENIUS.
[Strange, yes, but genius. ]
Old April 17th, 2007, 9:30 pm
Offishul Fan Girl

Auror. Definitely. Once he gets his anger issues dealt with he'd be a good one, I think. Assuming he survives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin_Luver View Post
Well I personally think that he may still become an auror. Sure his marks are pretty mediocre but his only problem is potions.
Not since Slughorn took over (I thought).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaShadow View Post
Oh yeah, we shouldn't forget that McGonagall vowed to make him an aurorer no matter what. I thought that little speech of hers would come to nothing but obviously it probably could be very important.
True. McGonagall is not one to make idle promises (or threats, methinks). So we'll probably be seeing a bit of her in the last book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaShadow View Post
Dumbledore told Harry at the end of OotP that there is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is always kept locked, and it contains love. More evidence of how powerful love is--it's got to be kept in a locked room!
(Lillbet makes a mental note to reread OoTP as she really doesn't remember that and it sounds really cool! )

Harry flirted with Tinkerbell for about an hour before he realized that she was the new substitute DADA teacher.
And he knew how long THEY lasted.
Old April 17th, 2007, 9:36 pm
Sixth Year

I think that Harry will be a Healer. Look at what classes are required...and that Jo's husband is a doctor.

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!
Old April 17th, 2007, 11:51 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoRetla View Post
I think that Harry will be a Healer. Look at what classes are required...and that Jo's husband is a doctor.
now that i may have to think about because, to be honest, i never really considered that healer would be a profession that harry would pursue. it's an interesting idea. i don't know how valid it is, but it's definitely interesting.

"Why does everyone in L.A. dress like they are from some horrible version of the future?"

Old April 18th, 2007, 12:12 am
First Year

i always thought he would become the DADA porfessor, since he has always loved hogwarts. that would make him more similar to voldemort though. this is also if harry lives(which we all hope he does.) i think that would make sense.

Old April 18th, 2007, 12:31 am
Second Year

I think the good news for Harry is that his grades throughout the year really don't matter, but his scores on his O.W.Ls and his N.E.W.Ts. So say he doesn't go back to Hogwarts for his final year, but instead goes around finding and dispatching Death Eaters the rest of his career. If he plays up to the right people, they may let him take his N.E.W.Ts anyway, or even give him honorary scores.

Something that surprises me is that many people get hired within the Ministry without a lot of knowledge. Remember what the Weasley twins said about their shield-charmed clothing? Many ministry officials don't know how to make a decent shield charm. They are all experts in their field, but that's about it.

Harry will have the skills to be an Auror without needing to finish his N.E.W.Ts, but I think he still has a chance to get through them. Also I like the idea of Harry becoming a Healer... I wonder if he will ever get to learn the healing charm Snape performed on Draco...

- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness."
- Seneca
Old April 18th, 2007, 1:59 am
Fourth Year

Re: what is harry's future career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterbuff View Post
Yeah but he's a bit like Voldemort in the respect that he hasn't got the life experience to teach. DD sent V away & told him to come back in a few years, Of course, we know he had no intension of giving him a job, but the point I'm trying to make is that I just don't think he's knowledgeable enough.
DD didnt it was the headmaster when the chamber was opened
DD sent him away years later

If harry survis I can t see the mom not giving harry a auror job

Old April 18th, 2007, 4:00 am
First Year

Even though it is a big assumption that Harry will live, I don't see him doing much after the final battle. He would be too beat up and broken from the fight, emotionally as well as quite possibly physically.

Only possible career option i would see is maybe as an advisor to the Ministry of Magic.

History is a set of lies agreed upon.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Old April 18th, 2007, 4:42 am
First Year

I think that all Harry has gone through with the Ministry he would never work for it. being Dumbledore's man through and through, I would picture him becoming the DADA teacher at Hogwarts. But didn't JKR say that a classmate, but not Harry, becomes a teacher. I can see him as a professional quidditch player. Also, I wonder if we learn about the Potter's careers, and if he follows in their footsteps.

Old April 18th, 2007, 4:59 am
First Year

After how the Ministry has treated Harry for so long, I doubt he would want to work for/with them. I know he wants to be an auror, but maybe he doesn't even need to work? His parents left him a subsatntial amount of gold, and then Sirius left him more gold and Grimmauld Place, so Harry could just work for the Order and not even get a paying job. Harry has never been one to brag about having so much money, but I think that after defeating VM he deserves to have a little "Harry time" and some happiness leading a somewhat "normal" life.

He is kind of avenging his parents, Cedric, and now DD by going after the Horcruxes and VM, but what happens once harry defeats him? Would Harry have the same passion in catching Dark Wizards after VM is dead and still want to be an auror?

Old April 18th, 2007, 6:40 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by monadblue View Post
After how the Ministry has treated Harry for so long, I doubt he would want to work for/with them. I know he wants to be an auror, but maybe he doesn't even need to work? His parents left him a subsatntial amount of gold, and then Sirius left him more gold and Grimmauld Place, so Harry could just work for the Order and not even get a paying job. Harry has never been one to brag about having so much money, but I think that after defeating VM he deserves to have a little "Harry time" and some happiness leading a somewhat "normal" life.

He is kind of avenging his parents, Cedric, and now DD by going after the Horcruxes and VM, but what happens once harry defeats him? Would Harry have the same passion in catching Dark Wizards after VM is dead and still want to be an auror?
i can definitely see why it is that harry would be tired of living so fast and longing for a bit of rest for awhile. and i do think that he will get it. i personally see harry living through the rest of the series and having a happy, settled life. maybe that's just delusional, wishful thinking.

at any rate, i know that harry was thrown into his 'responsibilities' of defeating the dark lord. however, he made the choice to fully accept them and work hard to continue to do so. in my opinion, harry has proven himself to be brave, smart, and loyal. he may not have the same frenzied passion he had before, while avenging the death of so many he loved, i do think that his personality will not allow for him to just turn this off.

of course, working for the order may satisfy this urge to 'fight the good fight', without him having to be an auror. that's a great point, in my opinion. it also makes me weigh that as a plausible idea. i think that that and an auror are the two things i am really considering. although, i still think that a healer is an interesting thing to speculate about.

Old April 18th, 2007, 7:05 am
Third Year

I think that he wont have a real job like his father...Maybe he will become an auror or possibly be a professional Quidditch player!...Or something!

I can imagine after the book is done and Harry will survive(hopefully)...And he will be like a old retired Quidditch player that coaches kids at Hogwarts and stuff!...lol

Mcgonagall:Do you think it will work Severus?
Snape: Of course it will....The WB muggles will think this necklace is worth millions of dollars and they will grab it, Then the spell i casted will work and they will all turn into........
Mcgonagall:A bunch of babbling, bumbling band of baboons!....Now Hurry up and package it already!...Serves them right!.
Old April 18th, 2007, 7:15 am
Second Year

I could very easily see him returning to Hogwarts to teach DADA, be the Head of Gryffindor and maybe someday become the Headmaster.The teaching position won't be jinxed if he's vanquished Voldy by that time, so he could hold it for many years. We know how much he loves the school, and I think he would do everything in his powers to stay closely affiliated to it.

I could see him playing quidditch for a few years too, but that job will only provide fame and money, which he already has enough of. Besides, it would only last 10-15 years and at that point he'd probably end up at Hogwarts anyway.

Old April 18th, 2007, 7:22 am
First Year

I can see Harry teaching DADA but I think if he's gonna accept any responsibility it'd be Headmaster all the way

Old April 18th, 2007, 7:32 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionefan01 View Post
I can see Harry teaching DADA but I think if he's gonna accept any responsibility it'd be Headmaster all the way
now, we know that harry will not teach [as rowling has told us] but as far as the headmaster thing, in my humble opinion, you might be onto something...

harry is a born leader and would do well in certain positions of authority. i don't see him doing well, for example, at the mom because if his past [terrible] experiences with them [the one that comes to mind is when they tried to make him look like a crazy person ]. however, if the mom could keep their noses out of hogwarts business, then i think that harry as headmaster just may work. and, of course, on could also argue that almost any job that harry could get would require some interaction with the mom, anyway. if he were an auror [currently still my top pick] he would have to deal with the mom quite frequently.

Old April 18th, 2007, 7:59 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane_magorian View Post
i hope this hasn't been covered yet...

considering harry survives the battle between him and voldemort, what will harry grow up to be?
he's always wanted to become an Auror... but he's not even that good at transfiguration and his grades are mediocre... but there may be a possibility that he'll stay in Hogwarts and teach...
what do you think....?
Considering Harry survives the battle between him and Voldemort, he will be made an auror. No doubt about that, because you're talking about the most powerful evil wizard in the world. If Harry defeats Voldemort, he's Auror. That's it.

13,467 people till now have gone to azkaban due to spoiling of the seventh book....

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old April 18th, 2007, 2:12 pm
First Year

Harry will become an auror. JKR herself said he wasn't going to be a teacher and I don't see him becoming a healer. His best subject is DADA and a healer doesn't involve that at all. I think he will follow the DADA pathway. An auror is an obvious choice. well that is..........if he..survives............hrmmmm i hope he does

"What do you mean, I'm not brave in bed?" said Harry, completely nonplussed. "What- am I supposed to be frightened of - pillows or something?" - Harry
"Malfoy glanced around. Then he looked back at Harry and said in a low voice, "You're dead, Potter."
Harry raised his eyebrows. "Funny," he said, "you'd think I'd have stopped walking around..."

Why does HP have to end???WHY???? I want it to last forever and ever...and ever.....and ever...Please Jo...I'll do anything..
Old April 18th, 2007, 9:02 pm
Second Year

Harry has always wanted to be an Auror, so I always figured that that is what he would end up doing. Dumbledore actually gave (this is assumed, but logical) Snape the DADA job so that Harry would be able to continue the possibility of becoming an Auror.

But then this, as well as the "Who will become the teacher at Hogwarts" thread got me think...

There is one art that Harry excels at more than anyone else in his class, and possibly even moreso than many teachers. He has shown more resistance to what this class teaches and has had more personal experience with this than most.

I am of course talking about Defense Against the Dark Arts...

Obviously there is presently an opening and it is possible that this position will not be filled this year. Even if it is filled and the school is reopened, the curse on it still applies.

It is possible, being that the curse was put on it by Voldemort, that Harry could be the only one who would be able to resist it, meaning he is possibly the only person who might be able to withstand that curse. Or upon killing voldemort maybe that curse would be broken.

I could see Harry realizing that he might be better teaching students his knowledge on defending themselves against the dark arts than hunting down dark wizards for the Ministry.

-Storsy-

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies