Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

What is Harry's future career?

Old April 18th, 2007, 8:44 pm
First Year

Re: What is Harry's future career?

Broomstick tester.

Jo said that Harry has seen too much action to be a teacher. He's not enough of a schmoozer to be a politician, even though he probably will have the kind of popular support Dumbledore had. I don't think he's patient enough to be an auror - aurors must obey orders they may not agree with. There's also the possiblility that he'll never reconcile with the Ministry.

Testing broomstick prototypes quenches his thrist for action while also giving him the kind of freedom he'd seem to appreciate.

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2007, 9:27 pm
Second Year

Hee Hee...

Broomstick tester...

Hee Hee.

That's pretty funny!!!

-storsy-

Old April 18th, 2007, 10:31 pm
Hogsmeade's Worst Icon Maker

If he doesn't want to work for the Ministry, he could always be a rouge Dark wizard catcher.

Old April 18th, 2007, 11:07 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Friar View Post
I don't think he's patient enough to be an auror - aurors must obey orders they may not agree with. There's also the possiblility that he'll never reconcile with the Ministry.
I mostly agree with this...although I think it's most probable (instead of just possible) that Harry will not reconcile with the ministry. He's seen the ministry's treatment of Dumbledore, he's endured their treatment of him (and desire to use him) as a tool to manipulate public opinion, and he's seen the ministry place more importance on appearances than truth and real accomplishments with regard to the pending war with LV... and he's seen this with two Ministers now. I just can't see Harry wanting to work for them in any capacity, as he'd always know that the ministry would view him as a valuable public rellations tool to be used whenever they needed a boost, one way or another.

Maybe Harry will want to retire from the public eye and quietly write books on DADA and dark wizard psychology, with hermione's help as editor and publisher.

Or more likely he'll be a bounty hunter for the wizarding world.

"Even if I could, I wouldn't.
Scars can come in handy."

Sorcerer's Stone, chapter 1
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:12 pm
First Year

Harry will be a Quidditch player! He wants to be an auror right now because that is what he is concentrating on...defeating Voldemort. He has the mind frame. When the task is done and Harry has defeated Voldemort (if that comes to pass and Harry lives...) he will not want to be an Auror anymore. He will want a quiet, carefree life; something he hasn't had all his life. Quidditch is the only thing in Harry's life that gives him joy and a sense of belonging and freedom; it allows his mind to relax and he loves to fly. Sure, Hogwarts gives him a sense of belonging too, but I think Harry would rather play Quittitch than teach. It's just his personality. Teaching might get boring for Harry after awhile. He's more adventurous.

Old April 18th, 2007, 11:14 pm
First Year

A stay at home dad?

If he became headmaster, would that be assuming that he and ginny didn't make it? or have past headmasters had wives?

Old April 19th, 2007, 2:34 am
Second Year

Harry doesnt like to be gawked at or even noticed that much. I think if he became a Hogwarts teacher that would be awsome, but I just dont think after he kills Voldemort (and he will live!) he is going to be hounded by the press like Brittany Spears.

As for an auror, I deffinatly think Harry would be at his best. Thats concidering he isnt burnt out fighting Voldy and his band of Merry men.

I think he'd be his happiest playing quidditch, yet, then again, he'd be in the public eye.....UHHH! I dont know. Why is it we can only think of three things Harry would be good at. Theres plenty of other things he could do......like become a chef, he's a good cook thanks to the Dursleys.

Last edited by kerri; April 19th, 2007 at 2:38 am.
Old April 19th, 2007, 2:36 am
Second Year

Hotdog vendor

Check out my fanfic!
Old April 19th, 2007, 9:20 pm
Second Year

Of course, he could always go into business with the Weasley twins.. I'm sure he would love being part of the development group, or just a silent partner.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to work at all. he has plenty of gold, he doesn't have to worry about working (as James didn't need a job either).

- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness."
- Seneca
Old April 19th, 2007, 9:28 pm
Assistant to Minister Granger

A stay-at-home dad! He'll be great! While Ginny is playing for Scotland and can't be home too often.

Old April 27th, 2007, 7:02 am
Second Year

Quote:
gazza: Will harry become head master of hogwarts?
JK Rowling replies -> I'm not sure I can see Harry in an academic career, he's seen so much action!
He will probably be an auror. It is his dream job.

Old April 27th, 2007, 11:06 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasfres View Post
He will probably be an auror. It is his dream job.
I think the same. The continuous fighting for his life does affect him and his ambtions. In quiet life (with alive parents, with no Voldemost) he maybe could become a Quidditch player I think

Sirius is alive. In my heart.
Old April 28th, 2007, 8:46 am
Sixth Year

I think he will be an auror as well. I would like to see him be the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts because I think he would be very good at it, but I don't see that happening.

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' ... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods."
~ Stephan King, July 2007
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:26 am
Second Year

Ok, so if Harry lives through the final book (which i hope he will), he will probably be an auror, but he will have to work very hard. I did consider the fact that he may be a Hogwarts teacher - DADA teacher obviously, but... Rememeber that Harry REALLY wants to be an auror and has no intention of being a teacher. Also Mcgonagoll said something like "I'll make him an auror if its the last thing i do" (In OOTP). And finally...If Harry DOES live through the final installment in the series, wouldn't he rather live happily ever after with Ginny? (That is if SHE survives too). Being a hogwarts teacher is a full time job for people with no family. Harry can't have both. Unless he leaves Ginny at home with the children and visits his family every time the students at Hogwarts have a holiday. (But that really wouldn't be fair on either Ginny or the kids and I am sure that Harry would miss his family very much if he did take up that job of a Hogwarts Proff. in Defence Against the Dark Arts.). I have a feeling he wont work for the ministry of magic unless he is elected for Minister of Magic laster in his life. But then he would have a very busy life and ha might not want to take up the job because Dumbledore never did either. But Harry being in charge of th wizarding world would be very good! But he will probably deny this oppurtunity and offer it up to Ron instead...?

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:14 pm
First Year

ther are only 2 possibilities in this situation. he will be an auror or he will die.

And Peeves, whom Harry had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset. -Big Jimmy
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:21 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Hm, I wonder if "the youngest Quidditch player in a century" will end up playing Quidditch professionally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjimmy View Post
he will be an auror or he will die.
It's a possibility but I don't know if he'd want to deal with the Ministry. As an Auror, he'd have to answer to someone and I don't know if he'd want to do that considering how the Ministry has treated him and Dumbledore in the past.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old April 28th, 2007, 11:31 pm
First Year

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but here is my opinion.

Harry will probably become a Auror, even though he will defeat Voldemort and survive. (<-- just my opinion, I don't really know if that will happen) There are still all of his Supporters that he will have to track down and "take care of" (whether Kill or put in Prison). I'm pretty sure he will make that a lifelong Mission. He will probably marry Ginny, and she will help him as an Auror.

like I said this is just my opinion

Old May 5th, 2007, 2:37 am
Second Year

Personally IMO I think if Harry survives the battle between him and Voldemort ( which I hope he does ) I think he could be any one of these careers :

1. A Curse breaker at Gringotts

2. A future DADA Teacher at Hogwarts

3. An Auror

4. Future Headmaster of Hogwarts

5. An unspeakable working in Love room in DOM

6. An Owner to a professonal Qudditch Team

or if he choses to spend the rest of his life as a Muggle he might go for a muggle job like a construction worker or a resturant owner , but it probably won't happen, but we will see in Book 7 .

I love Butterbeer and my Firebolt broomstick

I can't wait to read book 7
Old May 5th, 2007, 3:13 am
Fourth Year

IF Harry survives the Final Battle against Voldemort, he could be a number of things. If he KILLS Voldemort and survives, then he could be ANYTHING he wanted. Having said that, here are my choices:

1. Hogwart's DADA Professor: Because of his life experiences, Harry's a compassionate young Man. This would be a wonderful asset to have as a Teacher. He also has great reflexes and is a fun person to be around--so he'd be like a kid stuck in a Man's body. Plus, he'd tell a struggling Child what she was doing really well and suggest ways to improve where she is weak.
2. Headmaster @ Hogwarts: He'd be an awesome Headmaster.
3. Auror: He'd be fair and non judgemental unlike the one who calls him "Dumbledore's Man Through and Through" in a derogatory way.
4. A Healer: this is less of a possibility, but he has it within him. Plus he'd be compassionate with Kids.
5. Captain of a Professional Quidditch Team:
Someone mentioned a Father to his and Ginny's (Oh please let this be, Jo!). Yes, he'd be such a wonderful, loving, fun, strict but fair Father to his kids. I also don't see him giving his kids cutesie names like Petunia does with DUDley.

I TRUST Severus Snape!!!!
Old May 5th, 2007, 4:12 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I think he would be the best Auror ever (having beat the Dark Lord)
However, he may choose a safer postion as he will need to be less careless, being a husband to Ginny and father...
I think Jo made it clear he wouldn't teach at Hogwarts, it would be cool to see him as Head.
I have a hard time thinking he would work for the MOM unless some serious changes take place after LV is dead...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies