Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

What is Harry's future career?

Old May 5th, 2007, 5:22 am
First Year

Re: What is Harry's future career?

Anyone thought of him working in the Department of Mysteries, as an Unspeakable? (sorry if someone's mention it already). I agree with Harry wanting a quiet life, and being an Unspeakable would certianly give him that, deffinetly not Quidditch! But then again...good points about him not wanting to work for the Ministry. This bothers me! I feel like it's a reason for him not to live!!! Oh...but he has to.

Old May 5th, 2007, 5:33 am
First Year

I think he'll become head of the Auror office and head of the Order......maybe I dont think.....I hope....

Old May 5th, 2007, 5:35 am
First Year

I don't think Harry will be an auror, especially after he defeats Voldy.

The three that I think are most like likely are:
1 - Quidditch Player - This is what he loves the most and has the most natural skill at.
2 - DADA teacher - Certainly enough support to get the job, especially at a position that many think is cursed. He has "real life" experience fighting, and also has a little teaching experience from Dumbledore's Army.
3 - Unspeakable at MoM - Even though this is a ministry job, I see it as a somewhat stand-alone job. This is mainly here because I like it as a darkhorse candidate.

Graduate of
SIU Carbondale - Go Salukis
Teutopolis HS - Go Wooden Shoes
Old May 5th, 2007, 10:56 am
Fifth Year

In his present state.....surviving!

Old May 5th, 2007, 7:59 pm
Sixth Year

Assuming Harry survives the final battle:

I have no idea what he will want to do after vanquishing Voldemort. He may still want to be an Auror but he may be burnt out (and understandably so). In GoF, he did dream about being a professional Quidditch player but that would still keep him in the public eye and he's had enough of that. I can't see him working as an Unspeakable because it's seems to be primarily studying and Harry is a man of action. Plus, it would mean having to work with the MoM, as an Auror would, so he might not be tempted.

A quiet life with Ginny and possible children might seem very pleasant to him after everything is said and done.

Prophecy 2007!

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

Old May 8th, 2007, 1:31 am
First Year

I think Harry will be an Auror. He doesn't strike me as the type to sit back and have a peaceful life after he vanquishes Voldemort; I think he'd want to do something that helps people. I can't see him being a professor -- well, maybe a DADA teacher, but that's unlikely. Anyway, I think an Auror is the best job for Harry. Or maybe he can open a tea shop in Hogsmeade.

Old May 8th, 2007, 1:36 am
First Year

I think he will marry Ginny and be like a private Auror. Or maybe the DA will become the next Order of the Phoenix for other dark wizards.

Old May 8th, 2007, 1:38 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I just thought of something... I know a lot of people think Harry is going to be an Auror, but will there be need for them after LV and all the DEs are gone?
I mean they will probably need some, but how busy would they be, maybe that is what Harry will do so he can enjoy his long and happy life with Ginny...

Old May 8th, 2007, 1:42 am
First Year

They will still be busy. Aurors were not first offered jobs when LV came along. Also some other people will go "Hey LV had a good idea. Lets rebel!" or something along those lines.

Old May 8th, 2007, 2:22 am
First Year

An Auror, I think. Its the only proffession he's really considered and Harry isn't going to be sastisfied with the quiet life. He'll be elated and happy about defeating LV for maybe a month, and then he'll get bored. I can't see Harry being an Unspeakable either. He's no where near good enough at hiding his thoughts or emotions. Of course that's assuming Harry does survive and does not sustain some kind of grissly incurable injury that defeating LV would put his future as an auror in jeopardy

Old May 8th, 2007, 2:23 am
Third Year

Assuming he lives, I think he will become an Auror. Before JK dismissed the idea I really thought he would be a DADA teacher.

Old May 8th, 2007, 2:28 am
Third Year

Carres I think he can be good at:
1.Minister of Magic
2.Proffeser(DADA Teacher)
3.Auror
4.Unspeakable
5.Headmaster
6.Proffesional Quidditch Player

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Old May 8th, 2007, 2:36 am
First Year

He might become Headmaster... but as almost everyone has said, Harry dreams of being an Auror-- (quiet life)...

he might become a Professional Quittich player, (but that life contains a lot of publicity, which Harry doesnt like much at all.)

so with Harry, anythings possible. I think it really just depends on weither or not he lives during the final battle. (I sure do hope so. )

"Not just the Spanish Main, luv. The entire ocean. The entire wo'ld. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom."
----Captain Jack Sparrow

My two favorite loves: it involves a guitar and a wand.=]...
Old May 8th, 2007, 2:41 am
First Year

He's gunna grow up to be a firefighter!

But seriously, as Scrimgeour said, the ministry would be more than happy to shuffle around and get him set up as an Auror; though I guess Scrimgeour's offer was more of a bribe than anything else..

Or Harry could play for the Chudley Cannons. The team who's motto is "let's all just cross our fingers and hope for the best". And he can yell in desperation, "my school team was better than this lot!"

| Prong's piggy- er, "staggyback" | Occlumency (photomanip) |
|Parents that thrice defied... (pencil sketch) | Buck...beak. (took about 12 hours) | Fox Animagus: But Who? (10 hours) |
| Thestrals, To the Rescue. (12 hours) | The Heir of Slytherin (7 hrs) | A comic fo' Sirius |

Every time someone spoils, this wolf bursts another vocal chord.
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:54 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane_magorian View Post
i hope this hasn't been covered yet...

considering harry survives the battle between him and voldemort, what will harry grow up to be?
he's always wanted to become an Auror... but he's not even that good at transfiguration and his grades are mediocre... but there may be a possibility that he'll stay in Hogwarts and teach...
what do you think....?
Harry Potter a TEacher? NO WAY!! I'm sorry but he doesn't have what it takes to be a teacher. Hermione has what it takes, cause she can sit down and read for hours, organize and come up with a teaching plan, correct homework... I just can't see Harry or Ron for that fact, doing all that stuff. Harry seems like more of a hands on - get out there and get moving person. I think a job as an Auror would be great, and hey, if he wants it bad enough, he can make the grades to get himself there.

If you SPOIL Deathly Hallows, Voldemort will send you a Virus!

Old May 9th, 2007, 12:07 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle_004 View Post
Harry Potter a TEacher? NO WAY!! I'm sorry but he doesn't have what it takes to be a teacher. Hermione has what it takes, cause she can sit down and read for hours, organize and come up with a teaching plan, correct homework... I just can't see Harry or Ron for that fact, doing all that stuff. Harry seems like more of a hands on - get out there and get moving person. I think a job as an Auror would be great, and hey, if he wants it bad enough, he can make the grades to get himself there.
After watching the trailors for OoTP I thought I would LOVE to see Harry as a teacher too! As I was watching him teach his peers in the DA. I think he would do a great job! To bad JKR already confirmed that he wouldn't be...But I am sure she put him into a much better role as he is her creation...

Old May 9th, 2007, 5:28 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04 View Post
After watching the trailors for OoTP I thought I would LOVE to see Harry as a teacher too! As I was watching him teach his peers in the DA. I think he would do a great job! To bad JKR already confirmed that he wouldn't be...But I am sure she put him into a much better role as he is her creation...
He might be a headmaster. I think you're right, he has what it takes, but he seems to be able to run things more effectively than teach.

Old May 9th, 2007, 5:43 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle_004 View Post
I disagree,i think harry would make a fantastic DADA teacher-just look at how well he managed the DA in ootp.he also really enjoyed helping others to help themselves.

I agree he's more of a hands-on kind of person but DADA is quite a practical subject,its not like history of magic which is all about reading and studying-a position hermione would be good at if it wasnt likely to be eternally occupied by binns.

Too bad jk said it wasnt gonna happen,but hypothetically i think harry would be perfect for the job.

Old May 9th, 2007, 6:30 pm
Third Year

He likes to call Hogwarts, home. Headmaster would be terrific. After all, Dumbledore was the greatest wizard of his time, and Harry could follow in his footsteps.

I don't see him as an auror after the defeat of Voldemort. He dosen't like the attention. As head of Hogwarts and maybe teaching, he can live a happy life. Something he needs after all he's been thru.

Old May 9th, 2007, 7:39 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissaWeasley
I disagree,i think harry would make a fantastic DADA teacher-just look at how well he managed the DA in ootp.he also really enjoyed helping others to help themselves.
Of course he would make a fabulous teacher but I think JKR had stamped that one out by saying that he's not cut out for the academics. It would've been great if he chose teaching as a profession because Hogwarts is like his home and he has a natural flair to pass on skills to others, plus he would be following in the footsteps of his mentor, a man he had admired and respected.

I used to think that Harry would definitely become an Auror seeing as situations have been turned in favor of his chosen line of career and he's going about the right way and has the qualities to make a great Auror, but the constant abuse from the Ministry and Scrimigeour's remark about Harry visiting the Auror Office thanks to Umbridge's reccommendations seemed like the kind of thing that would make Harry avoid the Ministry at all costs. He's had enough with the Ministry's tactics and he had hardly ever supported any of their schemes. Under these circumstances, I think that Harry might choose a quieter profession. I have no idea what it might be, but I can see him leading a peaceful life with Ginny along with Ron and Hermione.

Dance Pretty

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies