Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Would Voldemort come back as a ghost?

Old April 21st, 2007, 3:46 pm
First Year

Re: Would Voldemort come back as a ghost?

I think it would be good for Voldemort to be a ghost, forced to wonder the world forever powerless. And without power, what is his purpose. Although, I want him to die (lol by Snape) because I'm sure some other author in the future would try and bring Voldemort back if Jk left him in the mortal world, albeit as a ghost.

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2007, 6:11 am
Second Year

With his fear of dying I think Voldemort would come back as a ghost if he could.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 7:17 am
Banned

What about Marvolo - I'm sure he would have been a ghost just to curse Merope.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 8:53 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxstar333 View Post
arnt we going to find out the true reason why people come back as ghosts in book 7? i think the only people that come back as ghosts did not deserve to die.
I dont know...
Would you say that Sirius deserved to die? Or Lily or James? Dumbledore?

I agree that Voldemort doesnt have enough soul left to leave an imprint behind, but hypotheticaly if he did, it wouldnt be worth leaving behind as it would be so distroyed that he wouldnt gain anything from leaving an imprint.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 9:21 am
Fifth Year

Just think, if Voldemort returned as the Slytherin ghost, how many Slytherin would try to change houses?

Old May 10th, 2007, 3:48 pm
First Year

Voldemort: Scared of Death

1: Voldemort has split his soul into seven pieces.

2. He did this because he is scared of dying.

3. Nearly Headless Nick became a ghost because he is 'scared of death'.

4. Nick said that wizards could decide or choose whether or not they are to become ghosts.

When Voldemort dies, he'll become a ghost, because he's scared of death!

Hmm. I had posted this as a thread. I must have missed this one somehow when I looked. Anyway, my proof's above.

Practice makes perfect.
But if nothings perfect...
Why Practice?

Last edited by tcat75; May 10th, 2007 at 4:02 pm.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 5:31 am
First Year

Do people actively choose whether they become q ghost or not, or does an extreme fear of death make it more likely thaat one will become a ghost? I don't know if Vold would actively choose to be a ghost because he would essentially be powerless, but I can see his fear transforming him into a ghost (even if he does not make the conscious decision). I'm not sure if splitting one's soul makes a tremendous difference, especially because we are not entirely sure what becomes of the soul fragments when a horcrux is destroyed.

Last edited by Aunt_Marge; May 22nd, 2007 at 5:32 am. Reason: typos
Old May 22nd, 2007, 5:36 am
Third Year

No, Voldemort will not come back as a ghost. That would just ruin it for me. Yes, Voldie is extremely afraid of death, but something tells me that, like Sirius, he will not have had a chance to hold back, and instead will have "gone on". Either because Harry pushes him through the veil or because he dies quickly, without a chance to try to hold on to life. Nearly Headless Nick had loads of time to resist the black sack of death, his killer having taken forty-odd chops to kill him. I don't see Voldemort having that kind of chance.

Assuming he dies, that is. There are things worse than death.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 6:08 am
Second Year

scary..the though of voldy even after dying stil dwelling the earth...is he really alive if hes a ghost though..?

She got Bette Davis Eyes....
Old May 22nd, 2007, 6:15 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

That would be frightening. I think with a mutilated soul and a 'half-life' from drinking unicorn blood it would not be possible. However I would also say that it would be pure torture to exist as a powerless ghost. He could haunt Pettigrew for the rest of his life.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 5:29 pm
Second Year

I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago, but because Voldemort doesn't have a whole soul, will be able to become a ghost?

There are somethings you can't share without ending up liking each other,
and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.

Old May 26th, 2007, 6:42 pm
Fourth Year

Will Voldemort return as a ghost?

Yes, I know there will be no more books after Deatlhy Hallows, but I was listening to OOTP and something struck me. Nearly Headless Nick tells Harry that not everybody comes back as a ghost -- only those who feared death. Who fears death more than Voldemort? How can you kill a ghost? I think the story will end, but with a real cliffhanger -- Voldemort will never be gone for good.

Edit: I started this thread and it got moved here, that's why it sounds like it is starting a thread.

SPLISH SPLASH HARRY'S TAKING' A BATH!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"What are you doing, Potter?" said Snape coldly as ever, as he strode over to the four of them.
"I'm trying to decide what curse to use on Malfoy, sir," said Harry fiercely.

Last edited by ivyagogo; May 26th, 2007 at 7:17 pm.
Old May 27th, 2007, 1:10 am
Fourth Year

wow, this is interesting. i can imagine there would be "ghost control" or something, i'm sure there have been evil ghosts that needed to be controlled, worse than myrtle.

but what would him getting a "kiss" do? does he have a soul to suck? what exactly happens to people who have this horrible fate? i mean, it seems like voldemort is that, he can think, but he can't feel. do you turn into an inferius like thing?

Old May 27th, 2007, 1:17 am
Second Year

Hey, we really won't know until JK explains about ghosts in the last book. (I think she said she would.) I really like the Dementor kiss fate, but he has very little soul, so that probably won't work. Odds are, he will not come back as a ghost, but there again, what could he do as a ghost? Not much really.

Old May 27th, 2007, 1:22 am
Fourth Year

he could possibly haunt harry, as the creator of the thread pointed out, which wouldn't be very nice for him. i think voldemort will be destroyed somehow, not technically killed, so he won't be able to come back at all, or his ghost will trapped in azkaban or something (that would be AWFUL)

Old May 27th, 2007, 6:04 am
First Year

It seems like something Voldemort would do, but "choosing" to be a ghost would insre his immortality, so why would he bother with horcruxes. there must be something more about becoming a ghost that we don't know about, unless...

VOldie would be so shocked by death and the fact that he was defeated that he would just let himself die, like the prophecy said he would. But i seriously doubt that. He would try everything in his power to live forever. But i do wonder how we will command people without being able to hold a wand and intimidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivyagogo View Post
Nearly Headless Nick tells Harry that not everybody comes back as a ghost -- only those who feared death. Who fears death more than Voldemort? How can you kill a ghost? I think the story will end, but with a real cliffhanger -- Voldemort will never be gone for good.

thats interesting. maybe what JKR is trying to go for with her "moral of the story" is that evil will never be completely destroyed. maybe...just maybe...

DD keeps saying that there are things worse than death. Maybe Voldie dies, becomes a ghost, but the thing worse than death would happen to voldie.(assuming its not being loveless, because Voldie is already that)

Okay i haven't gone back and checked this word for word but, once you drink unicorn blood, you lead a cursed life, right? So voldie is kinda "doomed to bad luck". You live a half-life once you drink unicorn blood, because you have killed something so pure. Can half-lives leave imprints? Not to mention he only has 1/128th of his soul left in his actual body (assuming when horcruxing, you split evenly). so half of that would 1/256th of a life. Maybe he'll imprint just a kindey or something? now that would be funny

Last edited by red_witch_11; May 27th, 2007 at 6:17 am.
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:13 pm
Secret Keeper

i dont think that voldemort could become a ghost, he isnt human enough, if he could, he would, so i dont think harry will kill voldie

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 7th, 2007, 3:41 am
First Year

If he did, that would make zero sense because he does not have his full soul. I'd dearly love for him to come back; but I highly doubt that will happen.

Sirius lives on!
Old July 7th, 2007, 4:03 am
Second Year

origanilly posted by red_witch_11
Quote:
It seems like something Voldemort would do, but "choosing" to be a ghost would insre his immortality, so why would he bother with horcruxes. there must be something more about becoming a ghost that we don't know about, unless...
I think (but I don't really know) that ghosts can not use magic or signifigantly alter their enviroment. Voldemort would hate powerlessness almost as much as being dead. Peeves can interact with his enviroment, but he is a polterguist, not a true ghost.

Old July 7th, 2007, 4:19 am
First Year

I really hope not.

Professor McGonagall is amazing.

"I wonder, how you can expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally permit people to talk when I am talking."

"I should have made my meaning plainer. He has achieved high marks in all Defense Against the Dark Arts tests set by a competent teacher."

"Are you quite sure you wouldn't like a cough drop, Dolores?"

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies