Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Neville play a major role in Deathly Hallows?

Old June 13th, 2007, 9:44 pm
First Year

Re: Will Neville play a major role in Deathly Hallows?

I think most definitely that Neville will play a major role in DH. He certainly has to have a showdown with Beatrice. He also I think will be in the finale with Voldemort and may be the one to do him in rather than Harry. Everything in the prophecy, as we all know, points to both Harry and Neville. Yes, yes, you say, but V didn’t CHOSE Neville. He didn’t MARK him. Dumbledore said so. But prophecies in all literature mislead. Hence, the cryptic line “and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.” (Try diagramming that sentence!) Harry and Dumbledore read it as one has to kill the other. I read it as a new sentence rather than a continuation of the previous one and read it to mean both must die.
But I digress. Did V “mark” Harry? Yes, he gave him a scar. Did he “mark” Neville? Some people say he marked him by what his followers did to his parents but I disagree. I say he will “mark” Neville but not in the sense of a facial blemish but in the sense (see Shakespeare) of noticing and observing. It’s a perfectly acceptable secondary definition in my dictionary of the verb mark. V merely has to notice Neville is his equal as Neville is killing him. A simple, “You?” from V as he dies will suffice to fulfill the prophecy.

Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2007, 7:01 pm
Second Year

yes I think Neville will hae a large part in DH and he will carryone in the tradition of his parents. I would like for him to get a little revenge against Bellatrix but we shall see about that.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
Old June 19th, 2007, 7:15 pm
First Year

I really like Neville! I'd love him to play a major role in DH, since I really missed him in HBP.

WHO WILL LIVE, WHO WILL DIE? Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers! and prevent others knowing the answer before they read Deathly Hallows.
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:26 am
Banned

Neville will be one of the good guys but not be crucial, except when he saves the life of Luna Lovegood at great injury and personal heroics, from Bellatrix Lastrange.

Snoging will ensue.

All the Best,

Lunatic

Old June 20th, 2007, 7:30 pm
Second Year

I too think he'll play a major role. I don't think he'll kill Bella though, it's not in his nature and I'd hate to see him have a murder on his hands.

I hope the situation between him and Bella comes to some other sort of end.

I admire Neville a lot, he is full of courage and loyalty.

Old June 20th, 2007, 7:50 pm
First Year

Neville's will have major role. I believe he will take out Bella and avenge what she did to his parents, and I also think that he will die near the end at the hands of LV.

Old June 20th, 2007, 7:57 pm
Second Year

One of the many reasons OoTP became my favorite book is the fact that Neville really emerged as a heroic and more developed character. Although I missed him in HBP, I could see how his role wasnt necessary.
That said, I think is return will be vital in Deathy Hallows.
The movies tend to cut characters that wont be necessary later on (such as Dobby who in canon appears in both the 4th and 5th books) yet notice that they replaced Dobby with Neville in the 4th movie. So thats my evidence as to why he will probably be a more important character in the last book.

Old June 21st, 2007, 1:18 am
Sixth Year

I agree. I was estatic in OotP when Neville emerged as such an important and heroic character. I've always admired Neville, and I have no doubt that he will play an important role in DH.

I would love to see Neville take down Bellatrix. I don't want him to kil her, but I think dear Bella is another person who deserves a punishment that is worse than death. If there is any other way that Neville can bring her down, I want to see him do it!

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old June 21st, 2007, 8:02 am
First Year

The prophecy, of course, concerns Harry...

but Voldemort doesn't KNOW that. He only heard half of the prophecy.

Great possibility for a fake-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Neville will be one of the good guys but not be crucial, except when he saves the life of Luna Lovegood at great injury and personal heroics, from Bellatrix Lastrange.

Snoging will ensue.

All the Best,

Lunatic
I approve of this plan!

Last edited by Luna7; June 21st, 2007 at 6:55 pm.
Old June 21st, 2007, 1:06 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

Yes...he will play a fairly huge part....but I'm not sure if it will be a MAJOR one...though I want him to finish Bella....so.....

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Old June 21st, 2007, 6:34 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post

Snoging will ensue.
Yeah more than likely. I do think his role will somehow be linked to Luna's. Hopefully he will get the chance to finish Bella and (even though it's not in his nature) make her feel pain before she dies.

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Emma Watson

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old June 21st, 2007, 8:29 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't think it will be as big as in OoTP, but there is still some unfinished business where he is concerned regarding his family. And I'm sure we will see him back in the DA in the midst of things. And perhaps more importantly of all we might even see him release Trevor

Old June 21st, 2007, 9:11 pm
First Year

I don't think Neville will be in the book much but will do something that has HUGE consequence. I think the fact that he saw Ollivander before he left and bought his (possible) last wand is going to be vital.

We all would like him to kill Bella but we also want Lupin to be Fenrir, Arthur to get Lucius and its just not all gona tie up into a neat ball.

I know I want to be shocked.

"The Dark Arts are many, varied, ever-changing and eternal. Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is severed, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutating, indestructible."

Don't spoil or we send Snape!
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!

www.myspace.com/thebluffersWombat 3:Exceeds Expectations
Old June 21st, 2007, 9:21 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLynas View Post
We all would like him to kill Bella.
Um. I'm not one of the 'we', then. I don't want Neville to become a murderer. If he did it out of revenge for the sake of his parents, which is an idea many fans appear to favour, then it would be pointless. It would resolve nothing, and leave Neville only with blood on his hands. Of the young characters, I think only Harry will kill, and his situation with LV is very different.

I think one of the comparisons between Harry and Neville is that they are in very different situations. Harry no longer feels he has a choice but to kill his nemesis. If one sees Bella as Neville's watered-down equivalent to the Dark Lord (as Neville was the other potential 'One to vanquish....'), then he still has a choice. At the end of the day, I don't think Neville killing Bellatrix would gain him anything.

Old June 21st, 2007, 9:39 pm
Seventh Year

i would like him to get rid of bella, yet not nessecarily by the AK curse. i don't want him to become a murder either, or at least get his own back on her in some way after what he has done to his parents.

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old June 21st, 2007, 9:39 pm
Fourth Year

It's so hard to kill some one..Bella herself said that while Harry was trying to kill her in book 5 and I don't think that Neville would do it.
Quote:
I don't want Neville to become a murderer
you are right! even he was going to kill Bella..he can fight her and catch her until they put her in Azkaban or some thing.
Quote:
think one of the comparisons between Harry and Neville is that they are in very different situations. Harry no longer feels he has a choice but to kill his nemesis.
I agree with you.

Old July 10th, 2007, 4:54 pm
Third Year

When you read the first book Neville seems to be part of the group, heis in there a lot, the last few books he is getting better and stronger. In the last book he will make the difference, I think he will be one of the major players in the last battle.

Old July 10th, 2007, 4:58 pm
First Year

I posted somewhere else that I think he will torture Bellatrix into insanity, yet sitll visit her in the hospital whilst he's there for his parents, showing his great kindess.

Old July 10th, 2007, 5:08 pm
First Year

I also agree that Neville will play a huge role in DH involving Bellatrix. I also don't think that he'll kill her, it's just not his nature, but a little torchure would do her some good, dontcha think

Old July 10th, 2007, 5:42 pm
Third Year

Deep down I don't think that Neville could actually kill Bellatrix-but how else would he avenge her?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies