Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to From Here v7

Old April 24th, 2007, 1:18 am
Sixth Year

Re: Harry and Ginny - Where to From Here v7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeasleysgirl View Post
Actually, I got the impression that James had had a crush on Lily for a while, where Harry didnít notice Ginny in that way until their sixth year.
i dunno how much he didn't notice her. someone else mentioned that he only ever uses flattering terms to describe her and toward the end of ootp, he notices himself that he is becoming rather protective of her. he just got all caught up with cho. so, maybe it wasn't that he didn't notice her, he just saw her as kind of off limits. remember the inward battle he had with himself over whether it was ok to approach her in hbp. also, that probably is one of the differences between james/lily and harry/ginny. james had a huge crush on lily and she was uninterested. on the flip side, ginny has had a huge crush on harry (she admits in hbp to never actually getting over him) while harry seemed uninterested. i would also add that this was from snape's point of view and, according to dd, memories can be affected by the person who's remembering. thus, it's possible, he exaggerated that some, especially if, as some have theorized, snape had a crush on lily (though i don't know that i go with that one).

"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"...this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2007, 1:24 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeNgUiNsRuLe View Post
i dunno how much he didn't notice her. someone else mentioned that he only ever uses flattering terms to describe her and toward the end of ootp, he notices himself that he is becoming rather protective of her. he just got all caught up with cho. so, maybe it wasn't that he didn't notice her, he just saw her as kind of off limits. remember the inward battle he had with himself over whether it was ok to approach her in hbp. also, that probably is one of the differences between james/lily and harry/ginny. james had a huge crush on lily and she was uninterested. on the flip side, ginny has had a huge crush on harry (she admits in hbp to never actually getting over him) while harry seemed uninterested. i would also add that this was from snape's point of view and, according to dd, memories can be affected by the person who's remembering. thus, it's possible, he exaggerated that some, especially if, as some have theorized, snape had a crush on lily (though i don't know that i go with that one).
Youíre right, I should have worded that better. I mean that Harry didnít notice he noticed her that way until later.

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:16 pm
Fourth Year

I think that the wedding will be the next time that they talk

Old April 25th, 2007, 2:52 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I don’t know… it seems likely that Harry will be at the burrow for a little time beforehand, doesn’t it?

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old April 25th, 2007, 3:49 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
I donít knowÖ it seems likely that Harry will be at the burrow for a little time beforehand, doesnít it?
it does seem to be fairly early in vacation that they're picking harry up (if you read the blurb on the bloomsbury covers). but then, we also don't know how early the wedding is. but i definitely think the confrontation will come while harry is at the burrow and that bill and fluer will have some influence, but that the kicker will be lupin and tonks when they find out about it. and then of course there's ginny, and she's quite a force to be reckoned with...

"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"...this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

Old April 25th, 2007, 4:00 am
Second Year

I really don't know if Ginny will be near by during the final confrontation. I've said before that what is between LV and Harry is deeply personal and that I can't see a lot of people (other then Hr/R) around. The American cover certainly gives you that impression. In a way if she is, if Harry dies...well she'll be grieving over him. On the other hand if he wins... In a way I hope she doesn't. If Harry comes back, well he'll be coming back to start a new life with her. That would be a good ending.

Old April 25th, 2007, 5:14 pm
Sixth Year

At the end, if there is a huge battle betweenteh Order and the DE, I would be willing to bet that Ginny would be there. However, I agree that the final confrontation will be Harry alone against LV. I think most people would agree that Harry will be pretty much alone at that point, because in every other book he is alone at the end. But, Ginny will be key in the effort of getting Harry to the final confrontation. Harry is always alone at the climax, but he never gets there by himself.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old April 25th, 2007, 9:51 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post
At the end, if there is a huge battle betweenteh Order and the DE, I would be willing to bet that Ginny would be there. However, I agree that the final confrontation will be Harry alone against LV. I think most people would agree that Harry will be pretty much alone at that point, because in every other book he is alone at the end. But, Ginny will be key in the effort of getting Harry to the final confrontation. Harry is always alone at the climax, but he never gets there by himself.
Right, I donít think even Ron/Hermione would be there. Ginny will be as close behind as she can, though (not necessarily literally)

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:44 pm
Banned

they should get back together at the end of DH ormabye sooner but i'm sure JK doesn't want her in the way for the climax

Old April 25th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I don’t think that’s exactly right, because she wouldn’t be in the way necessarily. I don’t think Jo wants her in battle for the climax, but she can be helpful elsewhere. The Harry Potter books have always been logic and reasoning and mystery for most of it, and then action later. I think she’s going to be a big help during the former, at least.

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old April 26th, 2007, 2:11 am
First Year

Quote:
I donít think thatís exactly right, because she wouldnít be in the way necessarily. I donít think Jo wants her in battle for the climax, but she can be helpful elsewhere. The Harry Potter books have always been logic and reasoning and mystery for most of it, and then action later. I think sheís going to be a big help during the former, at least.
Exactly. Getting and destroying Horcruxes, fighting Death Eaters, and defending strongholds, etc. are all important events. Ginny might not be there during the absolute final confrontation, but she can help get Harry there. She can help him prepare for the fight. That's very crucial.

Kings of Europe: '77, '78, '81, '84, '05

You'll Never Walk Alone
Old April 26th, 2007, 9:57 am
First Year

Quote:
I donít think thatís exactly right, because she wouldnít be in the way necessarily. I donít think Jo wants her in battle for the climax, but she can be helpful elsewhere. The Harry Potter books have always been logic and reasoning and mystery for most of it, and then action later. I think sheís going to be a big help during the former, at least.
Of course she will. We saw this in PS/SS when she helped out with the bottle riddle.

Old April 26th, 2007, 10:27 am
Banned

That was Hermione not Ginny who helped with the riddles and the bottles. Ginny wasn't even at Hogwarts then.

That said I think there'll be a few people nearby when Harry takes on Voldemort. Even if they aren't actually with him I think they won't be too far away.

Old April 26th, 2007, 3:12 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkling7 View Post
That was Hermione not Ginny who helped with the riddles and the bottles. Ginny wasn't even at Hogwarts then.

That said I think there'll be a few people nearby when Harry takes on Voldemort. Even if they aren't actually with him I think they won't be too far away.
i think there's going to have to be some people around, although i lean more toward des. but the reason i think there will need to be des around is because i don't think they'll believe or let rest the fact that voldy's gone unless they see it themselves. we know how they reacted the first time. so, when voldy's truly finished off, i think there will need to have been at least some de witnesses. i think ginny, as well as ron and hermione, will be there through most of the book, but i think harry will need to go against voldy alone. it's too personal, i think. but that will make it that much more powerful and emotional when he turns back up all bloodied up and exhausted but says it's finished, voldy's gone....oh, sorry, imagination got away with me...

Old April 27th, 2007, 3:01 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeNgUiNsRuLe View Post
i think there's going to have to be some people around, although i lean more toward des. but the reason i think there will need to be des around is because i don't think they'll believe or let rest the fact that voldy's gone unless they see it themselves. we know how they reacted the first time. so, when voldy's truly finished off, i think there will need to have been at least some de witnesses. i think ginny, as well as ron and hermione, will be there through most of the book, but i think harry will need to go against voldy alone. it's too personal, i think. but that will make it that much more powerful and emotional when he turns back up all bloodied up and exhausted but says it's finished, voldy's gone....oh, sorry, imagination got away with me...

Personal indeed. Deeply personal. If anyone else will be there, it should be R/Hr. Ginny, though did have a personal brush with LV...in Tom Riddle's form. Don't know if LV knows it though.... If that is the case, perhaps its personal with her and LV also.

Old April 27th, 2007, 4:09 am
First Year

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeasleysgirl
I don’t think that’s exactly right, because she wouldn’t be in the way necessarily. I don’t think Jo wants her in battle for the climax, but she can be helpful elsewhere. The Harry Potter books have always been logic and reasoning and mystery for most of it, and then action later. I think she’s going to be a big help during the former, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YNWA View Post
Exactly. Getting and destroying Horcruxes, fighting Death Eaters, and defending strongholds, etc. are all important events. Ginny might not be there during the absolute final confrontation, but she can help get Harry there. She can help him prepare for the fight. That's very crucial.
I agree completely. I also think that they will not be able to stay away from each other when Harry comes to the Burrow for the wedding. I think their connection is too strong and possibly others (Ron/Hermione, Tonks/Lupin, Bill/Fleur) will convince Harry that giving up on love won't help and staying away from Ginny isn't the answer.

Last edited by expelliarmus_01; April 27th, 2007 at 4:14 am. Reason: sorry, meant to add quote from post #70 as well.
Old April 27th, 2007, 9:42 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Personal indeed. Deeply personal. If anyone else will be there, it should be R/Hr. Ginny, though did have a personal brush with LV...in Tom Riddle's form. Don't know if LV knows it though.... If that is the case, perhaps its personal with her and LV also.
I think that if there is anyone who absolutely deserves to be there when LV falls, it is Ginny. She is the only other person of Harry's generation who has a personal brush with LV, and she had a much more personal brush than many of the older members of the Order who went through it the first time. After all, Ginny may be one of the few people who met with Voldemort, and actually survived. The Weasleys, Lupin, Hagrid, and others have suffered losses because of LV, and deserve their retribution, but Ginny was deeply and personally affected by Voldemort, similarly to Harry.

That being said, I still don't think she will actually be there at the final confrontation. If, however, I am wrong, I think she has earned the right to be there. Or at least see it from a distance if she is not front and center in the battle.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:45 pm
First Year

Quote:
I think that if there is anyone who absolutely deserves to be there when LV falls, it is Ginny. She is the only other person of Harry's generation who has a personal brush with LV, and she had a much more personal brush than many of the older members of the Order who went through it the first time. After all, Ginny may be one of the few people who met with Voldemort, and actually survived. The Weasleys, Lupin, Hagrid, and others have suffered losses because of LV, and deserve their retribution, but Ginny was deeply and personally affected by Voldemort, similarly to Harry.

That being said, I still don't think she will actually be there at the final confrontation. If, however, I am wrong, I think she has earned the right to be there. Or at least see it from a distance if she is not front and center in the battle.

I couldn't agree more! I'm not saying for sure that she'll be in the ending, but we can't rule it out as a possibility!

MARCO MARCHESE
JULY 13&21 2007
Old April 28th, 2007, 1:15 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:

Very true, Ginny certainly deserves a shot to get her licks at LV in, but when all is said & done, I don't think she'll be there for the final confrontation either. However, she may be in the vicinity...but no, she won't be close enough to witness or participate. Though I do want her close enough so that when the dust settles, she can be right at Harry's side in seconds flat!

Old April 28th, 2007, 1:53 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat55 View Post
Very true, Ginny certainly deserves a shot to get her licks at LV in, but when all is said & done, I don't think she'll be there for the final confrontation either. However, she may be in the vicinity...but no, she won't be close enough to witness or participate. Though I do want her close enough so that when the dust settles, she can be right at Harry's side in seconds flat!

couldn't agree more. i think that when all is said and done, she, along with others, will be waiting nearby to see what has happened. and i think there will be a huge emotional moment when harry's the one that walks out alive and into the arms of ginny......as well as ron, hermione, and the rest of the order.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies