Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Harry and Ginny - Where to From Here v7

Old April 28th, 2007, 7:04 am
First Year

Re: Harry and Ginny - Where to From Here v7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeNgUiNsRuLe View Post
couldn't agree more. i think that when all is said and done, she, along with others, will be waiting nearby to see what has happened. and i think there will be a huge emotional moment when harry's the one that walks out alive and into the arms of ginny......as well as ron, hermione, and the rest of the order.
I would love this ending. I really want the trio and Ginny to survive and really think that they will. Fingers Crossed.

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2007, 7:37 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by expelliarmus_01 View Post
I would love this ending. I really want the trio and Ginny to survive and really think that they will. Fingers Crossed.
you and me both! i don't know that i could handle it if one of them is lost...plus, it's a kid's book. if it would bother me that much, imagine how much more it would bother the age group it's actually aimed at! i don't think jo would cause all her children readers to, not only need therapy, but quit reading altogether. and it just doesn't seem to flow with the book. it would be a terrible ending, in my opinion, to let evil triumph over good. what kind of a messed up lesson does that teach?? stick to your guns, stand up for what you believe in, and be brave...despite the fact that many if not all your loved ones will suffer because of it and you won't actually win... that just doesn't flow for a children's book...

"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"...this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Old April 28th, 2007, 8:30 am
Second Year

Quote:
it would be a terrible ending, in my opinion, to let evil triumph over good. what kind of a messed up lesson does that teach?? stick to your guns, stand up for what you believe in, and be brave...despite the fact that many if not all your loved ones will suffer because of it and you won't actually win... that just doesn't flow for a children's book...
I don't want evil to win over good, of course (really, I promise ), but I always thought the message JKR was implying throughout the books was: "there are things worth dying for." Now I don't want Harry and Ginny to die just for the sake of it, but neither do I want them to survive just because JKR's fans would be upset. I wonder how Ginny herself sees the situation?

Old April 28th, 2007, 11:47 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Kaine
I don't want evil to win over good, of course (really, I promise ), but I always thought the message JKR was implying throughout the books was: "there are things worth dying for." Now I don't want Harry and Ginny to die just for the sake of it, but neither do I want them to survive just because JKR's fans would be upset. I wonder how Ginny herself sees the situation?
I think Jo had sealed Harry's fate a long time ago when she started writing the series I honestly think that it would deliver the wrong message if Harry dies or if any of his loved ones, especially Ginny, Ron and Hermione, are not by his side at the end of the road. There are many things that Harry needs to face after he triumphs over Voldemort - battle scars, memories, the loss of his protectors, the conitunuing line of trauma that he had undergone since he was a child etc. These things don't exactly make up the happiest of endings with sunshine and flowers. Harry will find happiness only when he heals by letting go of the past.

Dance Pretty
Old April 28th, 2007, 1:52 pm
Fifth Year

My hope is that neither Harry nor Ginny dies without the other one. I would want either for them both to survive or both die. Actually, Ginny dying first would be a giveaway that Harry will die as well. It would be something like "Gladiator", where Maximus died and took Commodus with him.

Old April 28th, 2007, 3:58 pm
First Year

Ok, dont get all mad at me if i'm wrong but if im not mistaken JKR said she was through with Harry/Ginny. But if she isnt through with them i have to say i highly doubt that they will end up together in the end.

Old April 28th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotionA View Post
I honestly think that it would deliver the wrong message if Harry dies or if any of his loved ones, especially Ginny, Ron and Hermione, are not by his side at the end of the road.
exactly! that's what i was trying to say, although it was about 1.30 am when i was writing that, so it may not sound right...at any rate, i didn't mean that jo was writing the book to what she thought her fans would like to see or something. i meant we should remember the audience the book is directed at, and since these books are meant to teach some lessons, it would be a terrible ending/lesson to teach if the good guys don't win and live to move on in their lives and go on with a more normal existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditz View Post
Ok, dont get all mad at me if i'm wrong but if im not mistaken JKR said she was through with Harry/Ginny. But if she isnt through with them i have to say i highly doubt that they will end up together in the end.
one: i'm pretty sure jo never said that, and two: care to elaborate on why? because i have to say it would be a rather terrible existence for harry to not have someone worth fighting for, wind up beating the bad guy, and not have someone to love to spend the rest of his life with...maybe i'm just a romantic...

"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"...this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

Old April 28th, 2007, 5:33 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Kaine View Post
I would rather think the message would be "there are things worth fighting for" vs. "dying for". For some reason, and maybe it is because of something I watched on tv last night, the "something worth dying for" just sounds to extremist if you know what I mean.

Old April 28th, 2007, 6:22 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by expelliarmus_01 View Post
I would rather think the message would be "there are things worth fighting for" vs. "dying for". For some reason, and maybe it is because of something I watched on tv last night, the "something worth dying for" just sounds to extremist if you know what I mean.
i don't remember who says it (i think it's either molly weasley or lupin), but it's in ootp when one of the adults is talking to harry and he wants to join the order and they finally say something like, no, you're too young! you don't understand! there are some things worth dying for! again, i don't have my book, so i can't give the direct quote, but i know they do say "worth dying for." i don't think harry or ginny or even ron or hermione will die, but i do think at least one more person in the order is going to bite the dust, and that line will prove true once again. and, consider me an extremist if you wish, but i agree that there are some things that would be worth dying for.

Old April 28th, 2007, 11:58 pm
Sixth Year

argh... who said it? *racking brain* I want to say Sirius...hang on.

Got it! Sirius did say that to the twins when Mr. Weasley was attacked. (i had to search for it in my book :P )

Anyways, I agree that if Harry survives, than Ginny survives, because this is a children's book. If it were targeted more for adults, I'd be more willing to say that one could live survive without the other, but now that they are a pair, it is either both live or both die. And I believe the same holds true for Ron and Hermione. They are now a packaged set. And also, because they are Harry's best friends, I don't think he could handle losing both of them.

The prophecy said that "neither can live while the other survives". As has been said by many others, I think that means Harry can not lead a normal life, he has no future until Voldemort is dead. That being said he needs Ginny to survive so that he can have a future post-DH. Without Ginny, Harry has nothing to live for (as corny as that sounds).

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:08 am
Third Year

i really dont think that jk is going to give us a happy ending..I mean, come on, why should she? Its not really as if just by killing one of Harry or Ginny and leaving the other alive she`d be teaching the wrong lesson...in the books she teaches a lot about sacrifice....remember the famous line "you should have died for us, as we would have for you" (sirius, POA, indirect quote since i dont have my book at hand)....I firmly belive that Harry will end up dieing to save the wizarding world...plus, i think that is the only true way he will be happy, ever since the first book what he wanted most was to be with lily and james, and now that sirius and dumbledroe are gone (two of the people harry cares for most) he probably wold be happier dead than alive after all the suffering he has gone through and will go through in the last book.....I mean, ome one, how many of you would seriously be happy if none of the trio or ginny died....i know i wouldnt be and not because im some type of sick f*** that enjoys watching characters he cares for die, but becasue it would be the most realistic thing, in a war a lot of people are going to die and its probable that one of you closest friends would.....

but i do have to say i hope harry and ginny get back together before that point of it, lol

Harry, Ron and Hermione...our favourite trio all the way...after 10 years the end is near and we will finally know how Ron and Hermione end up together and how the saga ends....21st of July

An all new story, about the search for a demented serial killer who is killing off everyone Harry loves. to read And please leave feedback.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:18 am
Hogwarts Graduate

True, why should she, but then again, why shouldn’t she? She knows how the story ends; whether it’s happy or not has to do with nothing else.

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:33 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post
Got it! Sirius did say that to the twins when Mr. Weasley was attacked. (i had to search for it in my book :P )
Quote:
i don't remember who says it (i think it's either molly weasley or lupin)
...or sirius talking to the twins, of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadfootBlack16 View Post
I mean, ome one, how many of you would seriously be happy if none of the trio or ginny died
speak for yourself. i would be. and it is a children's book; i would have been extremely depressed if i read a book in which the hero died as a child. that's not an ok ending to me. and not a bad lesson? yeah, kids, stand up for what you believe in, do what's right, stick to your friends, be bold, choose what's right, not what's easy, despite what your peers may say/feel about you, stand up against the wrong thing, despite the fact that you're not actually going to win. in fact, you may die. oh well. at least you did what was right, not easy. i'm sorry. sounds like a bad message to me. and since when is a fictional book about a boy wizard supposed to be realistic? sorry, haven't seen any levitating objects lately...nope, my broom definitely does not fly...

Old April 29th, 2007, 12:47 am
First Year

I firmly belive that Harry will end up dieing to save the wizarding world...plus, i think that is the only true way he will be happy

well-- I have to agree with you on this--

if Harry does not die from trying to save the wizarding world-- he will probably die trying.

ever since the first book what he wanted most was to be with lily and james, and now that sirius and dumbledroe are gone (two of the people harry cares for most) he probably wold be happier dead than alive after all the suffering he has gone through and will go through in the last book

~yes--- in all of the books-- Harry has shown that he wants to be with his parents, but wouldnt you? and yes-- I partically agree with you on this-- Harry wants to be with Lily, James, Sirius, and DD... but he also wants to stay with Ginny and the trio.

right now-- Harry is torn between what he wants and what he has to do.

"Not just the Spanish Main, luv. The entire ocean. The entire wo'ld. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom."
----Captain Jack Sparrow

My two favorite loves: it involves a guitar and a wand.=]...
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:50 am
Third Year

come on...dont get mad over it....i was just saying what i thought....i mean i really want a happy ending i guess...but at the same time i dont think we will and i think it will be more satisfing if we dont: because LIFE ISNT ALL HAPPY AND DANDDY AND THERE IS NO REASON TO MAKE KIDS THINK IT IS....I MEAN WE DONT HAVE TO TELL THEM IT SUCKS BUT...plus the book isnt only for kids, they actually go with some pretty dark themes and stuff.

plus, i know the books arent meant to be realistic (duh) but....well, they talk about real life themes and there for those themes should be talked about realisticly

Harry, Ron and Hermione...our favourite trio all the way...after 10 years the end is near and we will finally know how Ron and Hermione end up together and how the saga ends....21st of July

An all new story, about the search for a demented serial killer who is killing off everyone Harry loves. to read And please leave feedback.

Old April 29th, 2007, 12:52 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I don’t think Harry wants to die at all if that’s what you’re implying. He knows that he will one day, and perhaps does not dread it like some do, but he is not anxiously awaiting the day he does.

Quote:
come on...dont get mad over it....i was just saying what i thought....i mean i really want a happy ending i guess...but at the same time i dont think we will and i think it will be more satisfing if we dont: because LIFE ISNT ALL HAPPY AND DANDDY AND THERE IS NO REASON TO MAKE KIDS THINK IT IS....I MEAN WE DONT HAVE TO TELL THEM IT SUCKS BUT...plus the book isnt only for kids, they actually go with some pretty dark themes and stuff.

plus, i know the books arent meant to be realistic (duh) but....well, they talk about real life themes and there for those themes should be talked about realisticly
No, life is not all happiness and fluff but none of the books so far has been either. The ending can be happy without being corny, because the entire series has been about hardship.

C:\Documents and Settings\Tweeter1\My Documents\My Pictures\email\87384.gif

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ginny
Snape/Lily
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:54 am
First Year

well-- to be quite honest---

your right, this book does usually have dark themes... but then again-- it also has somewhat happy themes.

life isnt all happy and dandy, but it is a children's book in the long run.

and I just hope that in the end, J.K. doesnt disappoint us all...

"Not just the Spanish Main, luv. The entire ocean. The entire wo'ld. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom."
----Captain Jack Sparrow

Old April 29th, 2007, 12:57 am
Third Year

yea....to say the truth i dont particularly care if its happy or sad...just as long as it is satisfing.....

if she makes it sad but it dosnt satisfy any one...then it wont be any good if its happy but satisfing then i will be fine with it...

and i wasnt emplaing that harry WANTS to die....just that he dosnt dread it, adn that he would be happy dead just as he is happy alive

Old April 29th, 2007, 1:03 am
First Year

Quote:
yea....to say the truth i dont particularly care if its happy or sad...just as long as it is satisfing.....

if she makes it sad but it dosnt satisfy any one...then it wont be any good if its happy but satisfing then i will be fine with it...

and i wasnt emplaing that harry WANTS to die....just that he dosnt dread it, adn that he would be happy dead just as he is happy alive
well-- you have to admit--- when have we read one of the books--- and not feel just a little bit of unsatisfaction? (I mean for me-- it was in the 5th book... after Sirius died-- because we only got a little bit from him, and when Harry could have had a long relationship with, but would that mean that Harry would just get hurt again? because think about it-- Harry was around DD for a long time-- then got hurt... did Jo do this on purpose? ((i know this is off topic.. Im just wondering here. ))

----Captain Jack Sparrow

Old April 29th, 2007, 1:04 am
First Year

Quote:
i don't remember who says it (i think it's either molly weasley or lupin), but it's in ootp when one of the adults is talking to harry and he wants to join the order and they finally say something like, no, you're too young! you don't understand! there are some things worth dying for! again, i don't have my book, so i can't give the direct quote, but i know they do say "worth dying for." i don't think harry or ginny or even ron or hermione will die, but i do think at least one more person in the order is going to bite the dust, and that line will prove true once again. and, consider me an extremist if you wish, but i agree that there are some things that would be worth dying for.
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I agree there are things worth dying for, but I guess I'm just hoping that it is not the theme. I know that our soldiers go to war and our freedom and safety is worth dying for and Harry and the order are in the same boat - going into war. So yes, it is worth dying for. I'm just not excited about it being the theme I guess. I would rather "think" that there are things worth fighting for and if the worst happens and someone dies, at least they died nobly fighting for what was right. Sorry was watching a movie last night and I guess the wording just struck me.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies