Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

So who will get Bellatrix? v3

Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:49 am
Eldest Gruff

So who will get Bellatrix? v3

No spoilers are allowed in these areas. Please make sure you've read our Deathly Hallows Conduct Notice!

There are many candidates to take her down, Neville, Harry, the Order and probably also a union of chocolate frogs. Perhaps Lord Voldemort will just get bored one day and finish her off to keep himself occupied. The point of this thread is to discuss all the possibilities.

Vol 1.
Vol. 2

Last post from Vol. 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chparadise
One on one Bella could still know Hagrid's right hook is coming, but there isn't (much of) a magical defense against it .

I think Bella will fall / be captured in battle. So, it could be somewhat unpredictable who "gets" her. She does seem the type to seek out certain fights, though, so that might be how Neville or Lupin or someone gets to her.
Go on!

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.

Last edited by gertiekeddle; July 23rd, 2007 at 8:19 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:01 am
Seventh Year

Re: So who will get Beatrix? v3

Ooh new thread

Hmm I'm not entirely sure who will get Beatrix, but I have many opinions on Bellatrix...

IMO, as predictable as it is, it will be Neville who gets Bellatrix, simply for the poetic justice which would round the last book off nicely.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 4:03 pm
Seventh Year

Re: So who will get Bellatrix? v3

i'm all in for neville getting her..i mean she tortured his parents, neville won't ever forget that. he will want his revenge however i don't think that neville will end up using a killing curse or anything..it isn't like him. i think they will battle, bella will be suprised as to nevilles skills...after the da and everything......i hope he gets his vengance..poor neville

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old May 23rd, 2007, 4:17 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky View Post
i'm all in for neville getting her..i mean she tortured his parents, neville won't ever forget that. he will want his revenge however i don't think that neville will end up using a killing curse or anything..it isn't like him. i think they will battle, bella will be suprised as to nevilles skills...after the da and everything......i hope he gets his vengance..poor neville
Herbology, anyone? Not Bella's fault if she can't fight a plant that Neville sends at her...

IMO we should be looking for "special tools" to defeat Bella. Few can defeat her straight up in a duel (we don't know how many aurors it took to capture Bella after she tortured the Longbottoms, but I doubt it was just one), and one of them just died .

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 5:15 pm
Second Year

I would really love Neville to finish her off, I think he has enough hate and means to 'cause pain' as Bellatrix puts it, to perform the AK curse. I know I would if she did that to my parents.

There are somethings you can't share without ending up liking each other,
and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 5:15 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

I would love it to be Neville who finally finished Bellatrix off, but I'm not sure if he could do it.

He definately has the motive (which is a lot like Harry and Voldemort) and Neville has the bravery - not the same as Harry's but he definately has courage. But I'm not certain if he has the magical ability to kill Bellatrix. Yes, he is getting much better at Defence Against the Dark Arts because of the DA, but is that really going to be enough to defeat a DE?

His strength is Herbology...but I'm struggling to see how he could use that...unless he threw a load of Devil's Snare at Bellatrix...Haha.

But yeah, it would be fantastic for Neville to kil te woman who tortured his parents.

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old May 23rd, 2007, 5:19 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Mandrakes could be used...(took this idea from a CoS writing contest entry)

Occlumancy / Legilimancy could help, especially in a 1 on 1 battle. So Snape or a few others might stand a chance.

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Old May 23rd, 2007, 7:35 pm
First Year

The obvious answer would be Neville. I'd love to see him getting revenge for his parents, but I can't see him being a killer. I think he might defeat her,somehow, and then Harry or Lupin could finish her off...Or Voldemort, as a punishment for yet another failure.Wouldn't that be wonderfully ironic?

Last edited by AdatheStrange; May 23rd, 2007 at 8:28 pm.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 7:56 pm
Second Year

Everyone seems to think Neville, but what if it was something completely unexpected, like a death eater mutiny, or Harry getting revenge for Sirius?

Check out my fanfic!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 8:07 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbysocks View Post
Everyone seems to think Neville, but what if it was something completely unexpected, like a death eater mutiny, or Harry getting revenge for Sirius?
Personally, I would be quite upset if it was Harry who killed Bellatrix. I guess I kind of feel that with Neville having his whole life messed up because of her it would be a great way for revenge. It would, I suppose, be justice if Neville killed/injured Bellatrix. I see it as Neville has the same kind of journey to go on as Harry. They both want to avenge the person who killed/tortured their parents. Getting his own back on Bellatrix should be something Neville does.

However, yes a Death Eater mutiny could be another possibility. And of course Voldemort could just get completely fed up with her and kill her. That would make me smile. Although I'm actually a Bellatrix fan

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old May 23rd, 2007, 8:10 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyMagic View Post
Personally, I would be quite upset if it was Harry who killed Bellatrix. I guess I kind of feel that with Neville having his whole life messed up because of her it would be a great way for revenge. It would, I suppose, be justice if Neville killed/injured Bellatrix. I see it as Neville has the same kind of journey to go on as Harry. They both want to avenge the person who killed/tortured their parents. Getting his own back on Bellatrix should be something Neville does.

However, yes a Death Eater mutiny could be another possibility. And of course Voldemort could just get completely fed up with her and kill her. That would make me smile. Although I'm actually a Bellatrix fan
Note to self...be very wary of LoonyMagic...

A DE mutiny is certainly not outside the realm of possibility. I don't think Bella would be involved in the mutiny, though - she's a little too devoted to LV. However, she might be killed along with the rest of the mutinous DE's, should LV hold off the mutiny. LV might not discriminate very much between mutinous and not mutinous.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 8:22 pm
Second Year

i would like to think that it would be a neville and lupin effort. Like neville wears her down and then lupin finishes her off. I don't htink either would use AK, there are other ways to kill people.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 8:28 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyMagic View Post
[font="Century Gothic"]Personally, I would be quite upset if it was Harry who killed Bellatrix. I guess I kind of feel that with Neville having his whole life messed up because of her it would be a great way for revenge. It would, I suppose, be justice if Neville killed/injured Bellatrix. I see it as Neville has the same kind of journey to go on as Harry. They both want to avenge the person who killed/tortured their parents. Getting his own back on Bellatrix should be something Neville does.
That's why I think it'd be fair if it was Neville who gave her a good lesson (no matter how much I'd love to see Harry avenging Sirius).
Like I said I'd rather see Voldemort getting rid of her.
And I'm a Bella fan,as well!

Old May 23rd, 2007, 8:48 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chparadise View Post
Mandrakes could be used...(took this idea from a CoS writing contest entry)
Oh, nice. That would work. I should also imagine getting a face full of Stinksap would be quite distracting It might give him enough time to Stun her, maybe? He'd still have to be quick, though...

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing
Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:07 pm
Fourth Year

Well to be completely obvious everyone is rooting for Neville to be the one to get rid of oul Bella. Though maybe Mooney may get some Marauder revenge.

No words can describe the beauty of Australia

avatar thanks to m_kelbell on photobucket
Old May 25th, 2007, 4:09 am
First Year

This will never happen but If I was writing Bella's death it would be thus, Sirius pops out from the arch way he fell into and grabs Bella and pulls her back through with him! HA! Sirius was one of my favorites and Bella probably deserves worse than that but I would just love to see a look of astonishment on her face before she disappears never to be seen again.

Old May 28th, 2007, 3:30 am
First Year

I'm kind of wishing Neville will get Bellatrix, but I'm not sure...

She's standing outside holding me
Saying oh please
I'm in love
I'm in love
Old July 10th, 2007, 6:07 pm
First Year

Either Neville or Harry, but more likely neville. They both have huge grudges against Bellatrix. Sirius was killed by Bellatrix, to which Harry screams "IM GOING TO KILL YOU." Neville's parents were tortured to insanity by bellatrix, so he also has a huge grudge. Since Harry will have many more complications to deal with, ex. Voldemort, horcruxes, and ginny, Neville will ultimately be the one who takes down bellatrix, even though he wont kill her. Neville doesnt have it in him to do the Avada Kedavra, and JK will not want to make Neville a killer.

Old July 10th, 2007, 6:09 pm
Sixth Year

Neville, using Herbology. A baby Mandrake would be perfect.

(Yes, that was my contest entry)

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!
Old July 10th, 2007, 6:10 pm
Second Year

I hope that Neville will get her, but not kill her. She should get the Dementor's Kiss.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies