Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Official "Deathly Hallows" Prediction Contest

Old June 20th, 2007, 10:40 pm
First Year

Re: Official "Deathly Hallows" Prediction Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
[b][size=3]
Questions:
1. What are the Deathly Hallows?
The graves of harry's parents.
2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux? Slytherins Locket, Hufflepuffs Cup, Ravenclaws wand, Nagini. Not Harrys scar.
3. Will Harry die? No
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? Hagrid, Wormtail, Lupin, Bellatrix, Voldemort
5. Who will redeem himself? Wormtail and Snape
6. Who will be the new leader of the Order? Moody
7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters? Yes
8. Who is R.A.B.? Regulus Black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen? Yes
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student? Yes, but not as a student
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? Yes
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? No
13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How? Memories
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? The latter
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? Snape heard ALL of the prophecy, but only told Voldemort what Dumbledore told him to.
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? The Order
17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is he hiding now? To Voldemort, not hiding.
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there? yes, he'll find a load of rubble with some letters hidden.
19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack?
Wormtail
20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? Make amends
21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry? No
22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? Yes
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys? Walk out, Petunia calls him back and reveals something about Lily
24. What role will Aberforth play? Executor of Dumbledores will, mentor to Harry
25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats? We wont be told
26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...) Yes, through the veil via room of love
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? Knowledge of department of mysteries
28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"? If Harry dies, Voldemort dies.
29. What is the power of love? Strikes fear into hearts of the impure, courage into hearts of pure(same as phoenix song)
30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? No
31. Is Trevor more than a toad? No
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? Yes
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? No
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner? Yes, not Harrys
35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who? Yes, Lupin
36. What is the purpose of the veil? Passage to afterlife, some wizards/witches can here what they say (same as Parselmouths can here snakes)
37. Will we see Sirius again? How? No
38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art? Norbert
39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to? The one left on the doorstep, reminding her of an oath to protect him until he came of age.
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? Good: house elves, centaurs. Bad: giants, dementors, werewolves
41. Anything else you want to add? Voldemort makes a 7th horcrux when he hears Malfoy had the diary destroyed.
Hopefully those will be pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:44 pm
First Year

1.What are the Deathly Hallows?
The Deathly Hallows are the horcruxes
2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux?
Hufflepuffís Cup, Slytherinís Locket, Something of Ravenclawís, Harry
3. Will Harry die?
Yes
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die?
Hagrid, McGonagall, Snape, Bellatrix, Voldemort, Wormtail
5. Who will redeem himself?
Snape
6. Who will be the new leader of the Order?
Lupin
7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters?
No
8. Who is R.A.B.?
Regulus Black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student?
Yes, No
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone?
No
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts?
Yes
13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How?
Portrait in Headís office, Pensive
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him?
The latter
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape?
Because he truly believes in redemption
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)?
Orderís
17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is he hiding now?
To Voldemort, with Voldemort
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there?
Yes, posessions of his parents maybe
19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack?
Wormtail
20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends?
Remain estranged
21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry?
No
22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry?
Yes
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys?
I don't think he'll say anything
24. What role will Aberforth play?
Reveal Dumbledore family history, explain more about Albus
25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats?
We wonít find out
26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...)
Yes, AK
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live?
He was interested in some special power she posessed
28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"?
Harryís blood will be like poison in Voldemortís veins
29. What is the power of love?
Self Sacrifice
30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban?
Yes
31. Is Trevor more than a toad?
No
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding?
Yes
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest?
No
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner?
Yes, no
35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who?
Yes, Lupin
36. What is the purpose of the veil?
Study
37. Will we see Sirius again? How?
No
38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art?
No one we know
39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to?
the last correspondence
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side?
House Elves, goblins, centaurs will be on the good side; dementors, giants will be on the bad side
41. Anything else you want to add?
nope

Old June 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
MODLY CREW

A short reminder!

Rules:
  • Only one entry per person. You may post only once in the thread. You may edit your post as many times as you would like up until the closing of CoS. If you enter more than once, all posts after your first post will be deleted. Entries clearly adapted to incorporate known spoilers will be disqualified.
  • Be polite in your entries, and concentrate only on your theories. Rule 2a will remain in place for this competition.
  • Please remember that this is not a discussion thread, so only submit your predictions. We have an entire board with thousands of other threads for discussion!

Old June 20th, 2007, 11:20 pm
oooooh spaaaaarkly...

The horcruxes themselves

The cup, the locket, the wand, Nagini. Neither Harry nor his scar is a horcrux.

3. Will Harry die?
No

Hagrid, Wormtail, Snape, Voldemort.

Draco, Snape

Lupin

Yes

8. Who is R.A.B.?
Regulus Black

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes
Yes, but not as a student.

11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone?
yes

No

The portrait and the pensieve

He pleaded to protect others.(Draco)

He wanted to believe the best in him

His own

A safe place for them, probably where DE headquarters are.

18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there?Yes he will. He will find information about a horcrux

Snape
He will make amends

No

Yes, in the end.

Through a letter.

Give advice

Don't know

During a big battle.

He thought she was a clever witch

He achieved to protect Draco.

Escape, or be helped by Dementors.

No

Yes

Yes

Yes. Fawkes knew how faithful Harry was to Dumbledore.

Yes, Lupin

A mid-way place between life and death

Yes, in pensieve

Not Norbert.

A previous letter with advice

40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side?
Centaurs and Goblins, on the good side.

No

I am the Amazing Pixie Queen! Meet the members of my family and the Royal Court: Brian is my adopted son and Abby my daughter in law.Rell, Hes, Nadia, Heike, Audrey, Mave, Kaz, Donks, Bethany, Maryssa, Lisa and Giulia are my lovely pixie sisters!KitKat and Josh are my pixie brothers.Bill is the King . Matty is my Nephew and Kim8 is my Niece. Celest is my Godmother. Elaina and Evie are the princesses, Chris is the Royal advisor, Poofy is the Court Lawyer, Drew is the Grand Duke, Rusty is the royal fashion advisor & Julie is the Royal Doctor.
Kim (Kimagine) is my Royal Sister the Amazon Queen.
Old June 20th, 2007, 11:21 pm
First Year

Questions:
The place beyond the veil where Sirius is.

2. What are the remaining horcruxes?
I think that the missing horcrux (the only one we don't know) is a staff or wand from Ravenclaw (due to the fact that the only remaining Gryffindor relic is the sword, and that seems highly unlikely to be a contender).

3. Will Harry die?
Probably not. JKR has a habit of inserting little clues that make us squabble amongst ourselves and generally think more about any hidden meanings. Well, JKR is the one who started all of this "Harry's going to die" stuff in an interview about the fifth book (well, I'm pretty sure it was the fifth book...) where the interviewer asked something about Harry's future outside of the seven books. JKR said something like "Provided he lives that long." That's what really gave momentum to *** theory.

Voldemort (obviously), Hermione is a major contender (she's part of the trio, but not as close to Harry as Ron is), and possibly Ginny (basically the same as Hermione, she's very close to Harry, but not as close as Ron).

Well, I'd say Draco, Snape, and/or Pettigrew. Pettigrew is the most likely, seeing as he must repay Harry for that pesky little life debt anyways... but Draco doesn't have the guts to be a killer (as shown in HBP) and SNAPE IS GOOD.

Well, it seems like McGonnigal's got a lot on her plate. She's a possibility, but I am personally rooting for Arthur Weasley. He's calm, not easily shaken, and while he may get a little whacko about the whole "elektricity" thing, he would make a good leader.

I doubt it, seeing as there are no other Death Eaters mentioned to even be in contact with Dumbledore. There are no Death Eaters even mentioned in the book that could feasibly report to the Order.

8. Who is R.A.B.?
I hate to sound cliche, but I'm sticking with Regulus Black. It makes sense. In book five on page 116 (American Hardcover version) it mentions a heavy golden locket in the House of Black. No big deal. But it is also mentioned as being one of the very few precious and important possesions that Kreacher attempted (and succeeded) to hide. Why would he pick out *** locket?

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Duh.

10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts?
To find the Hogwarts Horcrux? Maybe. But not as a student. Come on. He's Harry Potter. Do you really think that he needs to go to school in order to get a job?

Maybe. Rufus Scrimegore (or however you spell it... I'm too lazy to look it up right now) doesn't seem like the type to let it be. He'll probably try to weasel his way in. The only unknown: Will McGonnigal let him?

Possibly. It's always a possibility, really. But there was already two battles in Hogwarts, and JKR doesn't like to repeat herself. I'm thinking she'll probably set up the battle in some place mentioned in the books, but still pretty new.

The only way to see Dumbledore is through the portrait or through a Penseive. The Penseive doesn't really count, because it's only a memory of Dumbledore. That Dumbledore couldn't interact with Harry, but maybe he could drop a few clues?

Plead with Snape to kill him. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Snape told him something. We're not sure what, but it must have been something huge. Snape has to be good. Otherwise, why would he act the way he did? He killed Dumbledore, but he also saved Harry.

Order's.

Probably back to his place for some rest and recouperation. Haha. No, he might have taken him to Malfoy Manor to inform his mother about what happened.

18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow?
Yeah. But who knows what he'll find...

People are saying that Peter Pettigrew was there, yet that doesn't seem plausible to me. The only way for anyone to have known what really happened that night that Harry's parents died is for someone to be there. Yet Pettigrew faked his own death and went into hiding as Percy Weasley's rat. How could he have spread around the news of what happened at Godric's Hallow that night if he is supposed to be a rat? I think that Snape was there. He is Dumbledore's spy, so it's rather fitting, even if he wasn't a spy at the time. Remember, we still don't know how Snape ended up in Dumbledore's service. If he witnessed the fall of Lily, James, and Voldemort but did nothing to help L.V., then it would seem that he was on Dumbledore's side. Snape knew about the raid. If he did see Lily and James die and did nothing (so Voldemort wouldn't find him and punish him), but he also did nothing to aid Voldemort (if he had, he would've been in favor with Voldy), then it would seem that he was on Dumbledore's side. It's a theory, but I think it could work...

Gah. Percy is an annoying brat and I hope JKR kills him off before he can get the chance.

No. He thought Dumbledore was crazy and his family was stupid. Then he was proved wrong and used the pretence of apologizing to allow the Minister to viciously interrogate Harry. At this point, Percy is too far gone to have acted as a spy for Dumbledore.

Of course.

I imagine it going something like this: "Hey, I'm back. I'm staying the night to pack and then I'm never going to see you again. I will probably be murdered by a satanic madman, so thanks for the... uhh... good memories?"

Like, none. Maybe a bit part, just a little scene of mourning.

God, I don't want to know.

He'll be Avada'd. It's almost like closure. He killed Harry's parents and attempted to kill Harry through AK, so it seems very fitting that Harry will kill him with that. You need to want to kill for the curse to work. Well, Harry's been through so much **** already that he just wants Voldy dead by now.

Maybe he knows her somehow? I don't know. Not that Lily is evil or anything. Maybe Voldy just has a thing for redheads...

Hmm... Well, I think... I have no clue.

The ability to stay pure after all of the things that Harry's gone through. I mean, come on. He was beaten and starved, locked in a cupboard, ridiculed, forced to battle trolls and icky things in hoods drinking unicorn blood, made to become a living chess piece, battled a nest of devil's snare, and came face to face with the most disturbing thing... EVER. All before he turned twelve. And yet five... soon to be six years later he's still fighting the good fight, willing to risk everything for peace. All because he is a heartbroken kid who had to grow up too fast. He can do extraordinary things for the ones he cares about.

Please, God, NO.

Yeah, he's a Horcrux too. Didn't you know? Voldy has a thing for redheads AND toads! No, of course Trevor isn't anything more than a toad.

Maybe, but probably not.

No, but hopefully when Draco realizes that he's secretly good and joins the Order and hides out in Grimmauld Place, he and Ginny can get a little thing going on.

Fawkes will play a role, but probably not a big one. He'll help Harry out of some predicament, and then he'll be gone.

Lupin? I can see it now: SHOWDOWN OF THE WEREWOLVES! Haha.

To get some clue of what happens after you die and why. Or, to research ways to kill people and/or bring them back from *** dead.

DUH. I'm not sure how, but I am sure that Harry will find some way to use the mirrors to talk to Sirius.

The Hungarian Horntail, coming to get Harry! He wants to finish what he started... haha. It's probably Norbert. But I'm holding out for something slightly more... new. Original.

He wants her to stop complaining and take care of Harry. He probably meant 'Remember my last correspondance' but 'Remember my last' sounds more ominous and scary.

Goblins? I thought Fudge had them all baked into pies so he could control Gringotts? Haha. No. I think they'll play some part. Maybe. House elves are good because the only ones we know about are incredibly loyal to Harry. But you never know. Winky may snap and go on a killing rampage...

Harry won't go through the veil. There is a cafe in all of this... so I think that someone's theory (I can't remember who....) about the cup of Hufflepuff being in a kitchen could be correct (JKR said that one of the Horcrux's was in a cafe, so you could say that it was in a kitchen or food-oriented setting...). And Harry won't die. Voldy will.

Questions:
Maybe Godric' Hallow? I mean, if Harry's parents died there and Voldy died there, it would make sense to call it the "Deathly Hallows".

2. What are the remaining horcruxes?
I think that the missing horcrux (the only one we don't know) is a staff or wand from Ravenclaw (due to the fact that the only remaining Gryffindor relic is the sword, and that seems highly unlikely to be a contender).

3. Will Harry die?
Probably not. JKR has a habit of inserting little clues that make us squabble amongst ourselves and generally think more about any hidden meanings. Well, JKR is the one who started all of this "Harry's going to die" stuff in an interview about the fifth book (well, I'm pretty sure it was the fifth book...) where the interviewer asked something about Harry's future outside of the seven books. JKR said something like "Provided he lives that long." That's what really gave momentum to that theory.

Voldemort (obviously), Hermione is a major contender (she's part of the trio, but not as close to Harry as Ron is), and possibly Ginny (basically the same as Hermione, she's very close to Harry, but not as close as Ron).

Well, I'd say Draco, Snape, and/or Pettigrew. Pettigrew is the most likely, seeing as he must repay Harry for that pesky little life debt anyways... but Draco doesn't have the guts to be a killer (as shown in HBP) and SNAPE IS GOOD.

Well, it seems like McGonnigal's got a lot on her plate. She's a possibility, but I am personally rooting for Arthur Weasley. He's calm, not easily shaken, and while he may get a little whacko about the whole "elektricity" thing, he would make a good leader. The only thing he's really afraid of is his wife.

I doubt it, seeing as there are no other Death Eaters mentioned to even be in contact with Dumbledore. There are no Death Eaters even mentioned in the book that could feasibly report to the Order.

8. Who is R.A.B.?
I hate to sound cliche, but I'm sticking with Regulus Black. It makes sense. In book five on page 116 (American Hardcover version) it mentions a heavy golden locket in the House of Black. No big deal. But it is also mentioned as being one of the very few precious and important possesions that Kreacher attempted (and succeeded) to hide. Why would he pick out that locket?

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Duh.

10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts?
To find the Hogwarts Horcrux? Maybe. But not as a student. Come on. He's Harry Potter. Do you really think that he needs to go to school in order to get a job?

Maybe. Rufus Scrimegore (or however you spell it... I'm too lazy to look it up right now) doesn't seem like the type to let it be. He'll probably try to weasel his way in. The only unknown: Will McGonnigal let him?

Possibly. It's always a possibility, really. But there were already two battles in Hogwarts, and JKR doesn't like to repeat herself. I'm thinking she'll probably set up the battle in some place mentioned in the books, but still pretty new.

The only way to see Dumbledore is through the portrait or through a Penseive. The Penseive doesn't really count, because it's only a memory of Dumbledore. That Dumbledore couldn't interact with Harry, but maybe he could drop a few clues?

Plead with Snape to kill him. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Snape told him something. We're not sure what, but it must have been something huge. Snape has to be good. Otherwise, why would he act the way he did? He killed Dumbledore, but he also saved Harry.

Order's.

Probably back to his place for some rest and recouperation. Haha. No, he might have taken him to Malfoy Manor to inform his mother about what happened.

18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow?
Yeah. But who knows what he'll find...

People are saying that Peter Pettigrew was there, yet that doesn't seem plausible to me. The only way for anyone to have known what really happened that night that Harry's parents died is for someone to be there. Yet Pettigrew faked his own death and went into hiding as Percy Weasley's rat. How could he have spread around the news of what happened at Godric's Hallow that night if he is supposed to be a rat? I think that Snape was there. He is Dumbledore's spy, so it's rather fitting, even if he wasn't a spy at the time. Remember, we still don't know how Snape ended up in Dumbledore's service. If he witnessed the fall of Lily, James, and Voldemort but did nothing to help L.V., then it would seem that he was on Dumbledore's side. Snape knew about the raid. If he did see Lily and James die and did nothing (so Voldemort wouldn't find him and punish him), but he also did nothing to aid Voldemort (if he had, he would've been in favor with Voldy), then it would seem that he was on Dumbledore's side. It's a theory, but I think it could work...

Gah. Percy is an annoying brat and I hope JKR kills him off before he can get the chance.

No. He thought Dumbledore was crazy and his family was stupid. Then he was proved wrong and used the pretence of apologizing to allow the Minister to viciously interrogate Harry. At this point, Percy is too far gone to have acted as a spy for Dumbledore.

Of course.

I imagine it going something like this: "Hey, I'm back. I'm staying the night to pack and then I'm never going to see you again. I will probably be murdered by a satanic madman, so thanks for the... uhh... good memories?"

Like, none. Maybe a bit part, just a little scene of mourning.

God, I don't want to know.

He'll be Avada'd. It's almost like closure. He killed Harry's parents and attempted to kill Harry through AK, so it seems very fitting that Harry will kill him with that. You need to want to kill for the curse to work. Well, Harry's been through so much **** already that he just wants Voldy dead by now.

Maybe he knows her somehow? I don't know. Not that Lily is evil or anything. Maybe Voldy just has a thing for redheads...

Hmm... Well, I think... I have no clue.

The ability to stay pure after all of the things that Harry's gone through. I mean, come on. He was beaten and starved, locked in a cupboard, ridiculed, forced to battle trolls and icky things in hoods drinking unicorn blood, made to become a living chess piece, battled a nest of devil's snare, and came face to face with the most disturbing thing... EVER. All before he turned twelve. And yet five... soon to be six years later he's still fighting the good fight, willing to risk everything for peace. All because he is a heartbroken kid who had to grow up too fast. He can do extraordinary things for the ones he cares about.

Please, God, NO.

Yeah, he's a Horcrux too. Didn't you know? Voldy has a thing for redheads AND toads! No, of course Trevor isn't anything more than a toad.

Maybe, but probably not.

No, but hopefully when Draco realizes that he's secretly good and joins the Order and hides out in Grimmauld Place, he and Ginny can get a little thing going on.

Fawkes will play a role, but probably not a big one. He'll help Harry out of some predicament, and then he'll be gone.

Lupin? I can see it now: SHOWDOWN OF THE WEREWOLVES! Haha.

To get some clue of what happens after you die and why. Or, to research ways to kill people and/or bring them back from *** dead.

DUH. I'm not sure how, but I am sure that Harry will find some way to use the mirrors to talk to Sirius.

The Hungarian Horntail, coming to get Harry! He wants to finish what he started... haha. It's probably Norbert. But I'm holding out for something slightly more... new. Original.

He wants her to stop complaining and take care of Harry. He probably meant 'Remember my last correspondance' but 'Remember my last' sounds more ominous and scary.

Goblins? I thought Fudge had them all baked into pies so he could control Gringotts? Haha. No. I think they'll play some part. Maybe. House elves are good because the only ones we know about are incredibly loyal to Harry. But you never know. Winky may snap and go on a killing rampage...

Harry won't go through the veil. There is a cafe in all of this... so I think that someone's theory (I can't remember who....) about the cup of Hufflepuff being in a kitchen could be correct (JKR said that one of the Horcrux's was in a cafe, so you could say that it was in a kitchen or food-oriented setting...). And Harry won't die. Voldy will.

Oops. COS is freaking out on me and accidentally posted it twice... :/

Old June 20th, 2007, 11:40 pm
Second Year

Questions:
one of hallows definitions is thought. Tis could be refering to the deathly thoughts that are going to take play in the 7th book
Cup, Locket, Nagini, Something of Ravenclaws; no
3. Will Harry die?
no
voldemort, snape, one of the weasleys
draco malfoy
McGonagall
no
8. Who is R.A.B.?
regulus black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
yes
not unless it will help him with his course to find the horcruxes
yes
not by harry and voldemort
we might see him come out of voldemorts wand like in the forth book to help harry
beg for his life
snape inplanted a false memory when dumbledore tryed occlumency
voldemorts
little hangleton
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there?
yes, information to the horcruxes
pettegrew, bellatrix
make amends
no
yes
he will explain what he has to do, and tell them he could not be back
help with info on horcruxes
what dumbledore said he was
yes
to get her to step aside for enough time to kill harry, but then he would have killed her too
getting the news out
protection
escape
no
yes
in some way, but not all the way through
yes, but just as a reminder, not a real life pet again
yes, lupin
show secrets
yes
an irrelevent character
remember his last letter
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant
Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? centaurs, house elves, grawp-good side, giants, goblins, dementors-bad side
hermione and ron will get together

Old June 20th, 2007, 11:41 pm
First Year

Questions:

The artifacts of the Founders of Hogwarts. Slytherin's locket, Griffendor's sword, Ravenclaws wand, and Hufflepuff's cup.

The remaining Horcruxes are Hufflepuffs Cup, Slytherin's Locket, Ravenclaw's Wand, and Harry himself. Yes, Harry is himself a Horcrux made UNINTENTIONALLY when the AK was deflected by Lily's sacrifice.

3. Will Harry die?
No, Harry will not die a "proper" death. I think he will die but be revived.

I think Hagrid and Lupin are likely to die from the good side. Bellatrix and Voldemort will die from the other side.

I think Draco will redeem himself, paralleing Regulus Black and his change of heart on the ways of Voldemort.

I lean towards Arthur Weasley being the leader of the Order. Molly will NOT be happy, but Arthur will understand it as a duty to be fulfilled.

8. Who is R.A.B.?
I think R.A.B. is Regulus Black, Sirius' brother.

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes, Hogwarts will reopen, but it will not be open the full year. It will be forced to close as Voldemort attempts to take over.

Yes, Harry will return to Hogwarts in his search for the Horcruxes, but he will not return as a student.

No, the ministry will have more pressing matters than trying to interfere with operations at Hogwarts.

Yes, there will be a battle at Hogwarts. Both Harry and Voldemort have a special emotional bond to Hogwarts.

We will see Dumbledore again in his portrait, and in memories from his pensieve.

Dumbledore begged Severus to carry on the task he (Dumbledore) gave him.

Dumbledore trusted Snape because of Snape's sincere regret and guilt for causing the death of Lily Potter.

Snape is on the side of the OOTP.

Yes, Harry will visit Godric's Hollow. He will find nothing there except another memory of what happened that night and his parents graves.

Warmtail was there that night.

Percy will make amends, in a feeble attempt that never fully admits Fudge was wrong. The family will accept his weak attempt since Percey has always been a "first class git."

No.

Yes, Wormtail will hesitate in an important moment and unintentionally save Harry's life.

Even though I am fond of the Eric Cartman form of saying goodbye, I think it will be more involved than that. I think he will end up saving their wretched muggle lives, and showing them far more compassion and love than they ever showed him.

Aberforth will play the role of allowing Harry access to Dumbledores pensieve, memories, and some information about Ollivander and Fescue.

LOL. Is Aberforth from West Virginia?

I like the idea he needed her to perform the Fidelis Charm on his last Horcrux.

Realizing that Voldemort having Harry's blood is the key to Voldemort's downfall.

The stregnths of forgiveness, and compassion.

Lucius will be released from Azkaban at the end of the book.

No, Trevor is nothing more than a toad.

There will be no attack at Fleur and Bill's wedding, but it will provide important information about the identity of R.A.B.

No, Molly will never allow it. Not until she turns 17, at least.

Yes, Fawkes will come back, and Harry will be the new caretaker of Fawkes. Not owner, Fawkes will choose him.

It is for the study of death and the afterlife. I think it is the separation between this world and the afterlife.

No, we will not see Sirius again.

The dragon on the cover is Norbert.

"Remember his last" letter to the importance of following his instructions, and without question. Dumbledore brought that point up to Harry about, "Will you follow any order I give you?"

As a race, I don't think any other magical creatures will be involved in the war. There will be involvement from individuals in the races of Centaurs and House Elves. And they will be equal on each side. I think Frienz and Dobby will side with the OOTP (trio); Bane and Kreacher on the side of the Death Eaters.

DIATSSISE is true.

Old June 21st, 2007, 12:51 am
Second Year

beyond the veil
sytherin's locket, hufflepuff's cup, the opal necklace, and nagini
3. Will Harry die?
he bloody well hope not
hagrid minerva, percy, neville, bellatrix
draco
lupin
yes
8. Who is R.A.B.?
regulus, of course
9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
yes, yes it will
no definitely not, there are more important things than homework
not so much
yes
YES. maybe through a dream?
he would NEVER beg for his life, that is blasphemous. he was ready to die.
he gave dumbledore very important info about voldy
dumbledore's- now just his own
spinner's end
yes of course. lots of clues, maybe a horcrux
snape
he will die saving a weasley
no, just an uptight tool
yes
he and petunia will have a moment as he tells her what he is about to do
a huge one, possibly helping harry with the horcruxes
oh, it was very naughty and inappropriate to say here
yes- possibly die when possessing harry
as a favor to someone else
ugh STUMPED
how is it possible to answer that?
escape
no
no
yes of course
yes and yes
lupin!
to study death
yes and mirror
who? phillip, i suppose
no bloody idea
centaurs will be flaky; goblins will be on the good side; giants mostly on the bad except for a few of grawp's pals
lily and/or james were unspeakables

Old June 21st, 2007, 12:59 am
Sixth Year

1. What are the Deathly Hallows? A location in the Dept of Mysteries, possibly where the final battle takes place.

2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux? The locket at Grimmauld Place, Hufflepuff cup, something of Ravenclaw's AND something of Gryffindor's... I don't believe Nagini is a horcrux. Harry's scar is an unintended and accidental horcrux.

3. Will Harry die? No.

4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? Voldemort, Wormtail, Snape, Neville, a Weasley other than Ron or Ginny (is that cheating by not picking one?)

5. Who will redeem himself? Wormtail.

6. Who will be the new leader of the Order? I don't think there will be a true leader, they're going to try and be a collective, and I think there will some friction between the Order members because of it.

7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters? Yes.

8. Who is R.A.B.? Regulus Black- the younger one who died in 1979.

9. Will Hogwarts reopen? Yes.

10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student? No.

11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? Yes.

12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? No.

13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How? Pensieve memories and in his portrait at Hogwarts.

14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? I think he begged for something, but it wasn't his life exactly. I think he made Snape promise (much like he did Harry before they went to the cave) to do the deed if it came down to it because of the Unbreakable Vow. The begging part was Dumbledore asking Snape to follow through on his promise.

15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? Because when Snape came to him after Voldemort fell he was convinced Snape was remorseful for telling Voldemort about the prophecy.

16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? His own.

17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is he hiding now? In order to maintain the facade I think he had to take Draco back to Voldemort.

18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there? Harry will go back to Godric's Hollow. He'll find some kind of clue as to what happened the night James and Lily were killed.

19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack? Wormtail.

20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? Make amends.

21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry? No.

22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? Yes.

23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys? Yes.

24. What role will Aberforth play? I think he's holding something for Harry that Dumbledore left behind.

25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats? Er... I'm passing on this one since I don't have the slightest idea and that makes it more likely to be wrong.

26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...) He's going through the veil!

27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? Because Wormtail requested it when he gave up the secret.

28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"? Taking Harry's blood in GoF ultimately gave him a weakness that Harry will exploit in the final battle.

29. What is the power of love? A song by Celine Dion.

30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? Released. He'll find some slippery way out of his conviction by cooperating with the Ministry.

31. Is Trevor more than a toad? No.

32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? No.

33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? Yes.

34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner? We'll see Fawkes, but he won't be owned by Harry.

35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who? Lupin.

36. What is the purpose of the veil? It's only for study in the DoM but it will ultimately be used to kill Voldemort.

37. Will we see Sirius again? How? There is more to Snape's Worst Memory.

38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art? Norbert.

39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to? She's going to give something to Harry when he leaves for good.

40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? All the able bodied magical creatures will play a role in DH as a group that Voldemort underestimates. They will help the good side win. Giant squid... I wonder who added that one in there

41. Anything else you want to add? I want book 7 right now.

Old June 21st, 2007, 1:44 am
First Year

Questions:
1. What are the Deathly Hallows? [i] I think Deathly Hallows means Lord Voldemort or his followers are going to attack on hallowed ground. Possibly on Halloween. Godrick's Hallow perhaps.[/I]
Horcruxes: Huffelpuffs cup, the snake, the locket, for Griffendor it could be the sword or the sorting hat is my guess; for Ravenclaw no clue. And no Harry is not a Horcrux...neither is his scar.
3. Will Harry die? [i]Nope...I just don't think he needs too. The poor boy derserves to live a life thats worth living. He hasn't had much of one in 16 years.[/I]
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? [i]One of the twins...not sure which just seems that there is a spare. {Voldemort: "Kill the spare"} I think this applies here too. And I'm pretty sure Hagrid is done for. He keeps telling us it will take more than that to finish me.[/I]
5. Who will redeem himself? Snape...I just refuse to believe he's as bad as he appears.
6. Who will be the new leader of the Order? Mr Weasley and it will become more of a wizarding community thing then just a secret order
7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters? Not so much a spy as a rat. Wormtail will help in Voldemort's downfall.
8. Who is R.A.B.? Regulas Black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen? Yes...and become the official headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student? [i]Yes he'll return but not for the full term. He'll need to be able to talk to Dumbledors portrait. I also really think he will be the DADA teacher who will break Voldemorts curse.[/I]
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? [i]They will try...but as long as those inside are loyal to Dumbledor they won't be able too.[/I]
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? Yes
13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How? Yes his portrait in the headmasters office will be very important in the next book
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? He pleaded with Snape to kill him. Adding to the protection Lily gave Harry. Dumbledor sacrificing himself was an act of pure love for Harry.
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? [i]Because he knew how much Snape secretly loved Lily and how devestated he was that his information got her killed.[/I]
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? The orders...he's trying to atone for getting Lily killed.
17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is he hiding now? I think he took him to Spinners End. There were concealed rooms there for Draco to hide in.
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there? The house no...it was destroyed. I think he will find the graveyard where his parents were buried. Nothing more.
19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack? Wormtail...outside cowering in the bushes.
20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? I think he will make up but only when someone in the family dies...which i think will be one of the twins.
21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry? No...he was out for himself
22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? Yes but only when cornered...he'll have to choose betweens whats right and what's easy.
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys? "I'd like to say it's been nice...but we all know it hasn't. So bye!"
24. What role will Aberforth play? None
25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats? i think it would be against the rules of this board to say what I think he was doing
26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...) Yes...but I see it more as a tormented death. Surrounded by the one power he doesnt understand LOVE and can't fight. Perhaps in the room that is always locked in the department of mysteries.
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? [i]He wanted her on his side, it has been made very clear she was a powerful witch.[/I]
28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"? That Voldemort had once again underestimated the power of love. Just because he can touch him he thinks he conqured the magic but he didn't.
30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? I think he'll die trying
31. Is Trevor more than a toad? Nope just a toad
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? No
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? No, he wants her somewhere safe
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner? Yes he will come to Harry aid in the end.
35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who? God I hope so...he gave me the shivers. If so I hope it's Lupin....nice revenge don't you think. Or maybe wormtail and his silvery shiney hand.
36. What is the purpose of the veil? To screw with her readers head
37. Will we see Sirius again? How? No
38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art? A dragon from Gringotts
39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to? His letter to take care of Harry
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? Goblins...bad, centaurs...good, Giants...good, dragons...good, house elfs...good
41. Anything else you want to add? can we speed up the clock so it's July 20th tomorrow?

Old June 21st, 2007, 2:09 am
Fifth Year

Questions:
1. What are the Deathly Hallows? a reference to horcruxes
2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux? locket, cup, nagini, harry's scar
3. Will Harry die? no
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? hagrid, snape, draco, percy, bill, moody
5. Who will redeem himself? snape, draco
6. Who will be the new leader of the Order? moody
7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters? no
8. Who is R.A.B.? regalus a black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen? yes
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student? yes, no
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? yes
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? no
13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How?yes, in his portrait in the office of the headmaster
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? plead with snape to kill him
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? he loved lily
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? order's
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there? yes
19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack? wormtail
20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? amends, after there is an attack (possible death) of one of the weasleys
21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry? no
22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? yes
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys? yes
24. What role will Aberforth play? memeber of the order, background info on dumbledore
26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...) overdose of love
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? he had another use for her
28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"?voldemort could more easily be defeated after he had love in his veins
30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? yes, and he will be killed by voldemort
31. Is Trevor more than a toad? no
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? no
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? yes
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner? yes, no
36. What is the purpose of the veil? gateway between this world and the next
37. Will we see Sirius again? How? yes
39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to? an unknown communication after the letter was delivered on her doorstep with harry
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? goblins - bad; centaurs - good; giant squid - good; house elves - good; giants - good; dementors - bad
41. Anything else you want to add? nope

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old June 21st, 2007, 2:16 am
First Year

Questions:
The Deathly hallows are the 4 remaining horcrux items that belonged to the 4 founders of hogwarts.
I think the remaining horcruxes are the cup from hufflepuff, the locket from slytherin, and either a knife or the tiara from ravenclaw. Harry is a horcrux, I believe so.
3. Will Harry die? No.
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? Voldemort, Wormtail, Narcissa, Bellatrix, Percy, Remus and Tonks, Dolores Umbridge and numerous ministry workers.
5. Who will redeem himself? I dont know. Draco maybe?
6. Who will be the new leader of the Order? Professor McGonagall.
7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters? Wormtail. The only spy. And maybe one of those slytherin children, maybe like Dracos girlfriend because she wants to save his life or something.
8. Who is R.A.B.? Reguleus Black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen? Nope. After the war, maybe.
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student? Yes, after the war.
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? They won't.
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? Of course! Whats a book with no battle at the school?
Yes! Of course we will see him, in the last book it said everything in dumbledores office had been replaced with prof. mcgonagall's stuff, and there was a picture of him above her desk. Professor dumbledore is in the afterlife, which means he can talk from the picture.
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? Neither.
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? Because he thought he had changed, he thought he wanted to change.
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? Voldemort's.
With Harry, I'm willing to put MONEY on that.
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there? Yes he will. He'll probabaly find his parents graves and haunting memories.
19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack? Wormtail?
20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? He'll make amends with his parents... but not his siblings.
21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry? No way. Percy is a Prat!
22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? No. Voldemort will probabaly kill Wormtail.
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys? He will leave. He will most likely see them again later in the book though, and they will probably die.
24. What role will Aberforth play? He will help them somehow. Grumpy little old man.
25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats? I have no idea.
26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...) Yes he will die, Harry will kill him using the curse he has never wanted to use. The veil will most likely help somehow though.
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? Couldnt tell ya!
28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"? ;/
29. What is the power of love? It s love. It lives inside Harry, It is his greatest power, what do you mean what is it?
30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? Neither. He will stay there.
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? Of course there will be!
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? Duh.
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner? No I dont believe so.
35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who? Yes, most likely an older Weasley, like Charlie or Bill, maybe even one of the twins!
36. What is the purpose of the veil? To trap the souls? I dont know it will help Harry somehow in the end. Like a place where everyones souls are or something and theyre mad and while the battle is taking place they distract him or something. I dont know.
37. Will we see Sirius again? How? Yes most likely, there are ways to communicate after you are dead.
38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art? ?
39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to? DUDLEY, I think Dudleykins has magical powers.
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? No Animals. Maybe Warewolves.
41. Anything else you want to add? NO.

Last edited by AuraPotter; June 21st, 2007 at 2:20 am.
Old June 21st, 2007, 2:17 am
Third Year

1. What are the Deathly Hallows? The founder item Horcruxes of Lord Voldemort

2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Helga Hufflepuff's Cup, Salazar Slytherin's Locket and Rowena Ravenclaw's Wand
Is Harry or his scar a horcrux? No

3. Will Harry die? I think so, but he will be alive at the end of the book.

4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? Hagrid, Wormtail, Fenrir Grayback

5. Who will redeem himself? Snape, Wormtail, Draco Malfoy, Percy Weasley

6. Who will be the new leader of the Order? Arthur Weasley

7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters? Malfoy will become one

8. Who is R.A.B.? Regulas Alphard Black

9. Will Hogwarts reopen? Yes

10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? Yes. As a student? Yes.

11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? No. But they may participate in protection.

12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? No

13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? Yes. How? In Pensieve memories and in his portrait in the Head Master's office.

14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? Plead with Snape to kill him

15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? Snape's feelings for Lily Evans Potter

16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? The Order

17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Spinner's End. Where is he hiding now? He is with Voldemort.

18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? No. What will he find there? He may see his parents' graves.

19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack? Wormtail.

20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? Make Amends.

21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry? No, but he may do so yet.

22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? Yes. He'll lay down his life bravely - like a true Gryffindor, to save Harry.

23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys? He'll save them from an attack by Death Eaters. Petunia will show him Dumbledore's letter. The goodbye will be uncharacteristcally warm.

24. What role will Aberforth play? He'll have solutions without any ambition or reason to try them out. He'll advise Harry on some aspect of the Horcrux hunt.

25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats? Collecting beezors.

26. Will Voldemort die? He at least won't be killed by Harry. How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...) If he dies it will be due to his own actions (rebounding curse, attempt at splitting his newly unsplittable soul) or being transubstantiated to mortal form and being sapped of his powers. As a lowly Muggle he won't be able to survive long at his old age and with his tattered soul.

27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? Snape convinced him to.

28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"? The love protection in Harry's blood transferred to him, making him unable to split his soul further.

29. What is the power of love? A rockin' good song by Huey Lewis and the News. . . and also the alchemical sum of combining the power of individual souls to create an altruistic and perfect energy capable of vanquishing the darkest magic.

30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? Yes.

32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? No.

33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? No, but she will provide information and help in the research aspects.

34. Will we see Fawkes again? Yes. Will he choose Harry as his new owner? No.

35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Yes. Who? Of the 5 I think possible, I'm going to go with Fleur - she'll Villa out when he Wolfs out.

36. What is the purpose of the veil? To study death.

37. Will we see Sirius again? Yes. How? With the two-way mirrors.

38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art? Norbert.

39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to? The letter Dumbledore left on the doorstep with Harry.

40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? The magical brethren species - House Elves, Centaurs and Goblins - will all end up on the side of The Order. The Giants, Werewolves and Inferi will be encountered along the Horcrux hunt trail. We'll also encounter at least one Dragon who will be guarding against the trio initially, but end up helping them in the end.

41. Anything else you want to add? The specific magical powers of the 4 founder items:
Hufflepuff's Cup - is a cup of plenty, able to feed all who need it.
Gryffindor's Sword - appears to one who is true of heart in time of need. it may also catch fire.
Slytherin's Locket - works similarly to a Fidelus charm - a secret enclosed in the locket is unknowable.
Ravenclaw's Wand - is a magic wand, expecially good for charm work.

The specific hiding places for the remaining Founder Item Horcruxes:
Hufflepuff's Cup - Is in the west country, specifically the countryside location Riddle and the orphans went to on summer holiday, and at which Riddle learned he could talk to snakes. It will be burried.
Ravenclaw's Wand - Is to the north in a place where Voldemort made a notable invention - the concept of the 7 part soul, or the spell that reconstituted his body perhaps.

The specific magical protections guarding the remaining Founder Item Horcruxes:
Hufflepuff's Cup - Is burried. There will be protective plants en route to it as well as Giants they will need to get past. The cup will feature a protective charm that causes the seeker to revert to a wild animal state preventing them from consciously continuing after the cup.
Ravenclaw's Wand - Will be enchanted to fly and be invisible. They will face Werewolves in order to get to the specific hiding place of this one. It will be charmed with repelling charms that change the mind and confound the seeker. The spell will increase in potency as the seeker attempts to resist it ultimately resulting in the seeker forgetting what they're after and possibly that they should continue breathing.

Details about the identity of Ravenclaw's Wand as a Horcrux will be concealed in Slytherin's locket and made unknowable by the magic of it. Harry will open the locket and discover this information.

The Wrackspurt Luna mentioned to Harry on the train is actually the Ravenclaw Horcrux. After discovering the identity and possibly some of the protective charms of Rowena's wand he will ask Luna where he could find a Wrackspurt - this will be the site of the Horcrux.

Ginny Weasley will provide crucial information about a Horcrux location she obtained from the 16 year old memory of Voldemort in Voldemort's Diary Horcrux. This will be the countryside location where the Cup will be found.

Nagini is not a Horcrux.

It will be discovered that Nagini is the snake Harry released from the London Zoo on his cousin Dudley's 11th birthday.

Voldemort is still after Godric Gryffindor's sword to make his 6th and final Horcrux with Harry's murder.

The Locket will either be found in a Gringotts vault or else still be in the cave on one of the Inferi - the one we saw jump out when Harry tried to summon the Horcrux.

Kreacher will lead the trio to Gringotts in search of the locket, but this will be a Voldemort plot to get hold of Gryffinfdor's sword.

Snape and Lily had more of a relationship than we have seen thus far. This relationship was why Lily was to be spared at Godric's Hollow, and his reaction to her death is why Snape was so trusted by Dumbledore.

Bill Weasley will be the next DADA teacher.

Uncle Vernon Dursley will be the one to present magical traits late in life.

Arthur Weasley will become Minister of Magic in the epilogue.

Neville Longbottom will become a Hogwarts Professor in the epilogue.

Last edited by HerbProfNeville; July 2nd, 2007 at 1:49 am.
Old June 21st, 2007, 2:26 am
Second Year

Questions:
The various grounds where the Horcruxes are hidden
Not a chance, if he was the Voldemort could have easily possed him in thr MOM
3. Will Harry die?
No
Lupin, and wormtail, Voldemort, Moody
Snape
Moody
No
8. Who is R.A.B.?
regulus Black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes
yes, yes
Yes
yes, the final one
Dumbledore's pet was a phoenix, his Patronus is a Phoenix, he will rise again, we will see him after Harry kills off Voldemort. We will see "him" portrait, Penseive earlier
To kill him
He saved Dumbledores life
His Own
To Voldemort, Wherever Voldemort is
Yes, hidden clues about his parents,
Snape
He Will make Amends
No
Yes
He will just say good bye
Red Herring
What happens in Hogsmeade stays in Hogsmeade
Voldemort will Die trying to Kill Harry
He wanted to recruit her
Voldemort's weakened by Harry's blood
In the End Harry will have help with Voldemort and Voldemorts DE's will abandon him
Escape
NO, Every animal is not a animagus death eater, Every wizard is not a Metamorh wizard etc.
No
Yes
Yes, no, a reborn Dumbledore will be his owner
yes, lupin
Seperate the land of the dead from the living
No
Norbert
The last letter Dumbledore left, the one with Baby Harry
The ones mentioned will be on the good side
41. Anything else you want to add?[/quote]
The epilogue will tie things up nicely

Old June 21st, 2007, 2:28 am
First Year

The souls of those behind the veil

Ravenclaw wand, nagini, Slytherin locket (if not destroyed), and Huffelpuff Cup. The scar is not a horcrux.

3. Will Harry die?
No. Perhaps travel behind the veil, but not permanent death

Hagrid, Snape, Peter P., Malfoy Sr, Bellatrix, and Voldemort.

Snape, Peter Pettigrew, and Draco

Moody

Not living, no

8. Who is R.A.B.?
Regulus Black

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes

He will return but not stay or finish his 7th year.

Yes, but not like in OotP

Yes

We will see him through his portrait and the pensieve.

pleaded to kill him and protect harry and malfoy

unbreakable vow

The order's but he has personal motives in his want to bring down Voldemort

Yes. He will find an object that voldemort meant to turn into a horcrux after Killing harry

He will make ammends at the wedding

No

Yes

He will be picked up by the order and have a final word with petunia

Help give Harry information about Dumbledore's orgin and info about DD's defeat of Grindlewald

something related to bezoars?

He will die from a means we have not seen yet, but is understood by seeing what's in the locked room in the DoM

Her talent and Snape's insistance.

Harry has now planted his seed in Voldemort, much as Voldemort planted one in Harry 16 years ago.

Eternal life through the hearts of others.

escape

no

no

absolutely (so will neville)

Yes. He will choose Harry as a new companion, but not as an owner. He will still excersize the free will of a powerful magical animal.

Bill

To study death

Behind the veil and the two way mirror

Aberforth

About the protections on the house and the danger of letting harry leave

Goblins will join the good side, House Elves on the good side, and Centaurs on the good side.

HH cupcrux in the feild where Tom Riddle learned to talk to snakes, nagini defeated at the riddle house, and RR wand will be at the orphanage.

all little red-haired girls have a bit of Ginny in them

Last edited by errin; June 21st, 2007 at 4:50 am.
Old June 21st, 2007, 2:45 am
First Year

-It is the graveyard Harry is port keyed to in the Goblet of Fire, where Voldemort was reborn

-There is seven presumably and my idea of 7 things worthy of the honour:
1)Himself - Tom Riddles Diary (destroyed)
2)His Bloodline - Marvolo's Ring (destroyed)
3)Slytherin - Locket (destroyed by R.A.B.)
4)Hufflepuff - Cup
5)Ravenclaw - a Ravenclaw relic of some sort
6)Gryffindor - Something in Godric Hollow
7)Hogwarts - Dumbledore (Destroyed)

-Harry and his scar are not horcruxs

3. Will Harry die?
-No

-Voldemort, Tonks, Lupin, Pettigrew, George and Fred, Grey back

-Snape

-No one

-Just Snape

8. Who is R.A.B.?
-Regulus Arcturus Black

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
-yes

-Yes, but not as a Student

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes through the pensieve

-Pleaded, it was Dumbledores Plan to be killed be Snape

-Because Snape knew the real reason Voldemort was scared of Dumbledore, it was in fact that Dumbledore was a horcrux and Voldemort needed Dumbledore alive. So despite Snape's allegiances Dumbledore knew Snape could kill him when the time was right.

-Dumbledore's

-To wherever Voldemort is waiting

-Yes he will, and hell find a horcrux

-No one

-He will make amends when a Weasley dies

-Not at all

-No

-With Aunt Petunia finally admitting something to him as hes leaving

-

-Exactly what the book said he was

-Harry will save Ginny from a killing Curse because he loves her and this will cause the same affect Harry's mother had and kill both Harry and Voldemort leaving Ginny with a scar, and because there are no horcruxs left Voldemort will never return, but I think Harrys scare will keep him alive when we all think hes dead

-Beacause he needed her information, there was obviousely areason the Potters had a secret keeper, why else would they be hiding.

-The prophecy was beginning to unfold

-The greatest Magic

-The dementors will let him walk out the front door on Voldemorts request

-No.

-No, they may findout some grave news though

-Eventually yes, after an attack at hogwarts Harry will worry and realize she is safest with him and he is safest with her

-Yes, no

-Yes, both Bill and Lupin together

-The Minsistry is currently in the process of studying it, so Know one knows, that is until Sirius contacts Harry, but it has to do with studying Death and what it is like to be dead

-Yes, through the mirror

-Charlie's dragon

39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia
referring to?
-Reminding her Voldemort will not just kill Magic people but Muggles as well and she needs to keep Harry there or Dudley might die

-Goblins- neither, Giants - bad(except Grawp), House Elves - whatever there master says, Centaurs neither(except Fenrir), Dragons - will fight for the good, Giant Squid and Mermaids will fight to defend Hogwarts and its Lake

-Yes that Dumbledore was a horcrux and only he and Snape and Voldemort knew it, even Dumbledore can be quoted saying that Voldemorts horcruxs are objects "Worthy of the honour". Voldemort in the end decided to kill him because Dumbledore although a horcrux was to dangerous helping Harry find all of the Horcruxs and with Dumbledore alive Harry was well protected. If Voldemort kills Harry he will no longer need Horcruxs since the prophecy will be fulfilled.

Old June 21st, 2007, 3:06 am
First Year

Questions:
I donít know
The locket, the cup, the snake, maybe the phoenix. Harryís scar is not a horcrux.
3. Will Harry die?
no
Snape, Neville, and Voldemort Ė Harry will kill Snape and Voldemort, and Neville will die a hero after killing Bellatrix
Wormtail and Slughorn
Professor McGonigall
No
8. Who is R.A.B.?
Regulus A. Black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes Ė Hagrid will still teach there.
Yes, but not as a student
No, but they will interfere with Harry.
No.
Not in real life, but maybe in the pensive.
Plead with Snape to kill him.
Because Snape could love. I think he was in love with Lilly.
The order
Probably back to his mother.
Yes. He will find clues leading him back to the pensive.
Possibly Snape.
Make amends, but not until the end of the book.
No.
Yes.
He wonít say an elaborate goodbye, but it also wonít be the last he sees
of them. They will play a role later in the book.
He will tell Harry where to find Mundungus, who has a horcrux stolen from the Black house.
No idea.
Harry will kill Voldemort with a love potion, made with the help of Hermoine, the Half-Blood Princeís book, and Slughorn.
He was going to offer her as a prize to Snape for giving him information.
donít know.
It has already saved Harry, and will ultimately kill Voldemort.
Yes. He will be turned into an inferi by Voldemort.
No.
No.
Not until the end, because Harry wonít let her.
Yes and yes.
Lupin will kill him.
Donít know.
We will see him through the 2 way mirror.
It is the dragon that Hagrid raised in the beginning of the series.
I think itís referring to Dudley being a wizard. I believe Dudley possesses magic powers, but Aunt Petunia refused to send him to Hogwarts.
Not sure.
- Regulus Black took Kreacher along with him in the boat when he went to get the locket. Black died in the cave, but ordered Kreacher to hide the locket in a cabinet of the house which Harry inherited. When they cleaned out the house, either Kreacher or Mundungus took the locket.
- Harry will kill Snape and later realize that Snape was good.
- Draco will turn good.
- Fred and George will get together with the Patel twins.
- Slughorn will give Harry the spider venom that he collected from Aragog in order to help Harry fight the death eaters. This will redeem Slughorn from his greedy past.
- Harry will discover that a memory was extracted from him as a baby of his parentsí death. How else would Dumbledore know how Lilly saved him? Harry will revisit his own memory in the pensive and it will provide him a major clue.
- Ron and Hermoine will get together as a couple, and Harry will get back together with Ginny.
- The book will start and end with a wedding. It will start with Bill and Fleur's wedding, and end with Lupin and Tonk's wedding.

Old June 21st, 2007, 3:09 am
Sirius' Girl

Questions:
1. What are the Deathly Hallows? The graveyard where Harry's parents are buried
2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux? Neither Harry nor his scar is a Horcrux. Other than those we already know of, I think the other Horcrux is a necklace or piece of jewelry belonging to Rowena Ravenclaw.
3. Will Harry die? -- yes
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? -- Neville, I think, and Lupin
5. Who will redeem himself? -- Draco
6. Who will be the new leader of the Order? -- Moody
7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters? -- I don't think so, but Draco will become one.
8. Who is R.A.B.? -- Regulas Black
9. Will Hogwarts reopen? - yes
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student? -- Yes, but NOT as a student
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? -- yes
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? -- yes
13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How? -- he us dead but will appear in the portraits at school
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? -- he begged for Snape not to kill him, which is not the same thing as begging for his life. He did not want Snape to kill him because he felt betrayed and that Snape was handing the world to Voldemort on a platter. He most certainly did not plead with Snape to kill him.
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? -- because Snape worked for him and risked his life for the Order, and Dumbledore believed in giving Second Chances
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? -- He made his choices -- he is with Voldemort.
17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is he hiding now? -- Snape took Draco directly to Voldemort -- he did not try to hide him. I think they did not go to Snape's house, though.
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there? -- he will go there, and I think he will find nothing physical. But he will get a sense of internal peace, of closure.
19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack? -- Snape
20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? -- they will reconcile.
21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry? -- no. Percy was not communicating with his family at that point, and before he was hired at the Ministry, he had no reason to spy on him.
22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? -- yes
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys? -- I think he will have a heart-to heart with Petunia, and there will be some Important Thing answered, but Dudley and Uncle Vernon will have nothing good to say to him, nor he to them.24. What role will Aberforth play? -- he will probably be a spy for the Order, and may have kept some information for Dumbledore. He may give Harry some significant help in the fight in the way of information or magical items.
25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats? -- I think it will never actually be stated, but I think it was something a bit rude and something more adult than would warrant mention
26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...) -- none of these. I think he will have to be willing to sacrifice himself for someone else, and this is something he would never do -- he does not know that kind of love.
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? -- Lily was a gifted witch -- perhaps he thought he could turn her to his side. This would be incredibly stupid, but I am at a loss...
28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"? -- Harry's blood forged a connection with Voldemort that meant that if he killed Harry, he, too would be killed, and that, perhaps, this would keep him away.
29. What is the power of love? -- the ability to give of yourself completely and unselfishly for someone else. Christ did it. Harry's mother was willing to do it for her son (we are led to believe). It is not within Voldemort to sacrifice any part of himself that others might live.
30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? -- he will escape and be killed.
31. Is Trevor more than a toad? -- yes. He is a toad that does not like to be a pet. Other than that, no.
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? -- yes -- too tempting a target, with so many members of the Order in one place
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? -- she will offer, and she will assist at school, but will not fight at the end alongside Harry.
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner? -- I think we will see Fawkes again, but he will not be owned by Harry. He will be his own Phoenix...
35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who? -- Oh, yes. Lupin will kill him with Bill's help, but I think Lupin will die.
36. What is the purpose of the veil? -- it was a doorway to those who have died, and it is ancient, but it was never meant as a 2-way trip, nor was it meant as an execution chamber. It is for communication puposes only.
37. Will we see Sirius again? How? -- he will speak to Harry through the veil.
38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art? -- The dragon guards the high-security vaults at Gringotts. He is an old dragon, and Harry encounters him when he goes to retrieve a Horcrux kept in a vault.
39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to? -- That she must keep Harry or she would be cursed with powdery mildew all the days of her life...
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? -- Centaurs will join the fight, and Firenze will defend Harry against VOldemort. He will die. The Goblins will be involved because there is a Horcrux hidden at Gringotts and harry will get it, along with a dragon. Squiddy will be lonely and will rejoin his normal squid relatives in an actual body of salt water, and not the cold freshwater lake where he's currently stuck.
41. Anything else you want to add? -- yes! Viktor Krum will be back, and he will fight against Voldemort. Ron and Hermione returns to Hogwarts, but leave to help Harry fight Voldemort. Grawp assists Hagrid in the fight against Voldemort, as well -- he has come a long way, and turns out to be a fine asset to the Order.

I hope I win! I hope Molly does not die! I hope CoS enjoys longevity well beyond DH! THANKS, GUYS!

Last edited by Kimagine; June 23rd, 2007 at 4:58 pm.
Old June 21st, 2007, 3:26 am
First Year

Questions:
The horcruxes.

Already found: Diary & Ring, Left to find: Locket (12 Grimmald Place?), Hufflepuff Cup (buried somewhere Ė may need a niffler), something of Ravenclaws (I think Luna will help here), and Nagini

3. Will Harry die?
No, I think he will Live.

Voldemort, Hagrid, Percy, Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy & possibly Luna

Snape, Draco Malfoy, & Wormtail

Lupin

No, just Snape

8. Who is R.A.B.?
Regulus Black

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes

Yes, I donít know but I think he will come back as a student at least for part of the year.

Yes, but I hadnít really thought of that until I read this question.

Yes, I think there will be.

Yes, I think we will see him again in his portrait and in the pensive.

Plead with Snape to kill him.

Snape was friends with Lily and never wanted to see her killed.

Orderís

Iím not sure, maybe 12 Grimmald Place?

Yes, Iím hoping he will find a way to go back to that night and see what really happened.

Peter Pettigrew

I hope he will make amends and think he will in the end before he is killed, I also think it is possible that he will end up being a spy against the order or ministry.

No

Yes

Iím not sure he will even say goodbye, I think he may just leave while they are gone. I have a feeling they could end up at Grimmald Place at some point.

I think he may be able to give Harry some important information or maybe a message from Dumbledore.

I donít know maybe getting bezors.

Yes, Maybe the love room. Donít really know.

I donít know maybe he needed her for something.

Voldemort now has part of the love sacrifice in his blood, this could be part of what does him in.

Not sure

Yes, I think he will escape.

No

Yes, but not until the wedding is over.

No, but she will end up helping with research and with the DA.

Yes Ė Iím not sure but I would love for Fawkes to choose Harry.

Yes, I think that Peter will save Harry by killing Greyback with his silver hand, but will possibly die during the attack.

No idea, to study death?

I donít think so, but I would love it if we did.

Norbert?

The letter that Dumbledore left when he left baby Harry. ??

Centaurs Ė they will be on the good side.

I canít wait, only 30 more days Ė Iím sure it will be great no matter what happens, I just hope that Ginny and the trio all survive.

Old June 21st, 2007, 3:50 am
First Year

1. What are the Deathly Hallows?horcuxes
2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux?hufflepufs cup,locket,not yet shown in preveous books,no
3. Will Harry die?no
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die?Voldemort ,a weasly brother (not Ron) Hagrid
5. Who will redeem himself?Draco
6. Who will be the new leader of the Order?Minerva
7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters?no
8. Who is R.A.B.?Black Regulus
9. Will Hogwarts reopen?yes
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student? yes
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone? no except fot auror protection
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts?yes
13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How?yes ,portrait in de heads office
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him?no
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape?Snape loved lilly
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)?Order
17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is he hiding now? his home
18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there?yes, some sort of vision from the past(what hapened that peculier night)
19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack?nobody
20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends?he will remain a prat loyal to the minestery but will make peace with Ron
21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry?no
22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry?yes
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys?very indifrent
24. What role will Aberforth play?the new mentor for Harry
25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats?no one will ever know
26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...)yes ,by a old form of magic preformed by harry ,wandless magic
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? to do Snape a favor
28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"?not sure
29. What is the power of love?the power is equal yet opposite to the power of evil
30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban?yes
31. Is Trevor more than a toad?no
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding?no
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest?yes
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner?yes;no
35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who?yes,Lupin
36. What is the purpose of the veil?mystery 'll remain unsolved
37. Will we see Sirius again? How?perhaps as a portrait
38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art?no idea
39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to?last time he sent her a howler when she was not willing to accept Harry into her home
40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side? House elves and centaurs (the statue in the minestry of magic)
41. Anything else you want to add?nope

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies